E20 · Episodes
020 西尔弗的谈判
西尔弗的谈判
Little Fox Level 7 · Treasure Island · Episode 20 — 西尔弗的谈判.
73 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
Sure enough, two men stood outside the stockade
果然,栅栏外站着两个人。
旁白 neutral
One waved a white cloth, and the other, waiting calmly, was Long John
一个人挥舞着白布,另一个人平静地等待着,那是高个约翰。
旁白 neutral
It was still quite early in the morning and bone-chillingly cold;
清晨,天还早,寒冷彻骨;
旁白 neutral
Long John and his companion stood knee-deep in a low, white fog
高个约翰和他的同伴站在齐膝深的白色薄雾中。
旁白 neutral
The island seemed damp and feverish, a most unhealthy place
这座岛显得潮湿又令人不安,是个极不健康的地方。
旁白 neutral
" Keep indoors with your muskets, men," said Captain Smollett
“大家待在屋里,拿好火枪,”斯莫利特船长说。
旁白 neutral
" It may be a trick." Then the captain yelled to the pirates," Who goes there? Speak or we'll fire!"
“这可能是个圈套。”然后船长对海盗们喊道:“谁在那儿?说话,否则我们就开枪了!”
旁白 neutral
" Flag of truce," Silver cried
“休战旗,”西尔弗喊道。
旁白 neutral
The other man shouted," Captain Silver is here, sir, to make peace."
另一个人喊道:“西尔弗船长在此,先生,来议和的。”
旁白 neutral
" Captain Silver? Who's he?" roared Smollett
“西尔弗船长?他是谁?”斯莫利特咆哮道。
旁白 neutral
Then he added to himself," Captain, is it? He's given himself a promotion!"
然后他自言自语道:“船长,是吗?他给自己升职了!”
旁白 neutral
" It's me, sir," Long John called out
“是我,先生,”高个约翰喊道。
旁白 neutral
" These lads chose me to be their captain, after you deserted your crew, sir."
“这些小伙子们选我当他们的船长,在您抛弃了您的船员之后,先生。”
旁白 neutral
He emphasized the word " deserted."
他强调了“抛弃”这个词。
旁白 neutral
" We want to discuss our differences with you," Silver went on
“我们想和您谈谈我们之间的分歧,”西尔弗继续说道。
旁白 neutral
" All I ask, Captain Smollett, is your word that I'll be safe inside this stockade
“斯莫利特船长,我只求您保证,我在这栅栏里会安全,
旁白 neutral
and that you'll give me one minute to get out of range before a gun is fired."
并且在我离开射程之前,给我一分钟时间,不要开枪。”
旁白 neutral
" If you wish to talk to me, you can come in," Smollett said
“如果你想和我谈,你可以进来,”斯莫利特说。
旁白 neutral
" I give you my word that if there's any treachery, it'll be from you, not me."
“我向你保证,如果有任何背叛,那一定是来自你,而不是我。”
旁白 neutral
" That's good enough, Captain," Long John said cheerily." Your word is enough."
“这足够了,船长,”高个约翰高兴地说,“有您的保证就足够了。”
旁白 neutral
Silver walked to the stockade, threw his crutch over, got a leg up from his companion
西尔弗走到栅栏前,把他的拐杖扔过去,同伴托了他一把,
旁白 neutral
and with great vigor and skill, climbed over the fence and dropped safely to the other side
然后以极大的劲头和技巧翻过围栏,安全地落在另一边。
旁白 neutral
He had trouble getting up the hill, however
然而,上山坡时他遇到了困难。
旁白 neutral
The tree stumps and the soft sand made him and his crutch as helpless as a ship out of water
树桩和松软的沙子让他和他的拐杖就像离了水的船一样无助。
旁白 neutral
But he stuck to it and arrived, dressed in his best blue coat with a fine laced hat on his head, at last before the captain
但他坚持不懈,终于来到船长面前,身穿他最好的蓝色外套,头戴一顶精美的镶边帽。
旁白 neutral
I was so fascinated by the meeting that I left my place at the musket hole and stood behind the captain
这次会面让我看得入迷,于是我离开火枪射击孔的位置,站到了船长身后。
旁白 neutral
" Have a seat," said Captain Smollett, motioning to the sandy ground
“坐下吧,”斯莫利特船长指着沙地说道。
旁白 neutral
" Can't we go inside, Captain?" pleaded Long John." It's too cold to sit outside."
“我们不能进去吗,船长?”高个约翰恳求道,“外面太冷,没法坐。”
旁白 neutral
" It's your own doing," the captain said
“这是你自找的,”船长说。
旁白 neutral
" If you had stayed an honest man, you'd be warming yourself in the ship's galley as my cook
“要是你做个诚实的人,现在就能在船上的厨房里当我的厨子,暖暖和和的。
旁白 neutral
But you are Captain Silver now, a common mutineer and pirate, so you can go hang!"
但你现在是西尔弗船长,一个卑劣的叛变者和海盗,所以你去上绞架吧!"
旁白 neutral
" Well, you'll have to help me up again, that's all," said Silver as he sat down on the sand
"好啦,你还是得再扶我起来,仅此而已。"西尔弗说着,在沙滩上坐了下来。
旁白 neutral
" If you have anything to say, you'd better say it," the captain replied, sitting down across from him
"你要有什么话,最好现在就说。"船长回答着,在他对面坐了下来。
旁白 neutral
" Well now, that was quite a fight last night, Captain Smollett," Silver replied
"嗯,斯莫利特船长,昨晚那一仗打得可真够激烈的。"西尔弗答道。
旁白 neutral
" I don't deny it. That's why I'm here to make peace
"我不否认。这就是我来这儿讲和的原因。
旁白 neutral
You thrashed my men pretty good — even killed one of us
你把我的人狠揍了一顿——甚至杀了我们一个人。
旁白 neutral
But hear me, Captain — you won't catch us twice, by thunder!
但是听我说,船长——对天发誓,你们不会有第二次得手的机会了!
旁白 neutral
Maybe you think we were all drunk
也许你以为我们都喝醉了酒。
旁白 neutral
But I wasn't — I was sober, just very tired
但我没有——我当时很清醒,只是累极了。
旁白 neutral
If I'd awakened a second sooner, I'd have pounded you."
我要是早一秒钟醒过来,准把你们揍扁了。"
旁白 neutral
" Well?" Smollett said coolly
“怎么?”斯莫利特冷冷地说。
旁白 neutral
Captain Smollett didn't know what Silver was talking about, but you'd never have guessed it from his tone
斯莫利特船长并不知道西尔弗在说什么,但从他的语气里可一点都听不出来。
旁白 neutral
I had a good inkling, though, as to what Long John was describing
不过,我却隐约猜到了高个约翰在描述什么。
旁白 neutral
Ben Gunn must have sneaked up on the pirates while they all lay drunk on the beach around their fire
一定是本·冈恩趁海盗们醉醺醺地倒在沙滩篝火旁时,悄悄摸过去了。
旁白 neutral
I smiled and thought," Now we have one less pirate to deal with, thanks to my new friend."
我笑了,心想:“多亏了我的新朋友,现在我们少了一个要对付的海盗了。”
旁白 neutral
" We want that treasure, and we will have it!" exclaimed Silver." You have the map, don't you?"
“我们要那笔宝藏,也非得到不可!”西尔弗喊道。“地图在你手上,是不是?”
旁白 neutral
" Maybe," the captain replied
“也许吧。”船长回答。
旁白 neutral
" Oh, you have it. I know that," said Long John
“哦,你当然有了。这我可清楚。”高个约翰说。
旁白 neutral
" We just want the map. I never meant to do you any harm — "
“我们只想要地图。我从来没想过要害你们——”
旁白 neutral
" We know what you meant to do," Captain Smollett interrupted
“你想干什么,我们清楚得很。”斯莫利特船长打断了他。
旁白 neutral
" Give us the treasure map," demanded Silver," and stop shooting my men and smashing their heads in while they sleep
“把藏宝图交出来,”西尔弗要求道,“也别再趁我的人睡觉时开枪打他们、砸烂他们的脑袋了。
旁白 neutral
Once we have the treasure, I promise to drop you ashore somewhere safe. Or you can stay here
我们一拿到财宝,我保证把你们送到一个安全的地方上岸。或者你们也可以留在这儿。
旁白 neutral
We'll evenly divide the provisions we have, and I promise to send the first ship I see to pick you up. You couldn't get a better deal."
我们会把现有的物资平分,而且我保证,一见到有船经过,就派它来接你们。没有比这更划算的交易了。”
旁白 neutral
Captain Smollett rose." Is that all?" he said
斯莫利特船长站起身来。“就这些吗?”他说。
旁白 neutral
" Refuse my offer," Silver answered," and all you'll see from me is musket fire."
“要是拒绝我的提议,”西尔弗答道,“那你们就等着挨枪子儿吧。”
旁白 neutral
" Very good," the captain said." Here's my counteroffer
“很好,”船长说,“那我也有个提议。
旁白 neutral
You all come here one by one, unarmed. I'll put you in chains and take you to England for a fair trial
你们所有人,一个一个空手到我这儿来。我会把你们用铁链锁起来,带回英国去,接受公正的审判。
旁白 neutral
Refuse my offer, and I'll see you all at the bottom of the sea
要是拒绝我的提议,那你们就等着下海喂鱼吧。
旁白 neutral
You can't find the treasure. You can't sail the ship — not a man among you knows how to navigate that ship
你们找不到财宝。也开不走那条船——你们中间没一个人懂得怎么驾驶它。
旁白 neutral
You can't fight us — Gray, there, got away from five of you
你们也打不过我们——那边那位格雷,就从你们五个人手里逃掉了。
旁白 neutral
Your ship is useless, Mr. Silver, because it's anchored on a windless shore
你的船是废物,西尔弗先生,因为它停在一个无风的海岸,根本动不了。
旁白 neutral
And in the name of heaven, I'll put a bullet in your back when I meet you again. Now go
而且,老天作证,下次再见到你,我一定朝你后背打上一枪。现在,走吧。
旁白 neutral
Get out of here, and make it quick."
离开这儿,快点儿。”
旁白 neutral
Silver's eyes bulged with wrath." Help me up!" he shouted
西尔弗气得眼睛都鼓了出来。“扶我起来!”他喊道。
旁白 neutral
" No," the captain calmly replied
“不,”船长平静地回答。
旁白 neutral
" Who'll give me a hand up?" he roared
“谁来拉我一把?”他咆哮道。
旁白 neutral
Not one of us moved. Growling foul curses, Long John crawled along the sand to the porch and hoisted himself up on his crutch
我们没一个人动弹。高个儿约翰嘴里不干不净地咒骂着,顺着沙地爬到门廊边,拄着拐杖把自己撑了起来。
旁白 neutral
Then he spat into the spring
然后,他朝泉水里啐了一口。
旁白 neutral
" That's what I think of you," he cried
“我就这么看待你们,”他嚷道。
旁白 neutral
" I'll smash this house like a cask of rum. Laugh, by thunder, laugh!
“我非把这屋子砸个稀巴烂不可,就像砸烂朗姆酒桶一样。笑吧,该死的,笑吧!
旁白 neutral
Those of you that die will be the lucky ones."
你们中间死得早的,反而更有福气。”
旁白 neutral
He stumbled off, cursing, and then tried four or five times to get over the stockade fence
他跌跌撞撞地离开,嘴里还在咒骂,然后试着想翻过栅栏围墙,一连试了四五次都过不去。
旁白 neutral
The man with the flag of truce finally helped him, and they disappeared among the trees
最后,还是那个举着休战旗的人帮了他,他们俩一起消失在了树林里。