E19 · Episodes
019 木寨里的守军
木寨里的守军
Little Fox Level 7 · Treasure Island · Episode 19 — 木寨里的守军.
67 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
As soon as Ben Gunn saw the flag above the cabin in the stockade, he grabbed me by the arm." Ah, your friends are there," he said
本·冈恩一看到寨子里小屋上的旗子,就抓住我的胳膊。“啊,你的朋友们在那儿。”他说。
旁白 neutral
" It's probably the mutineers," I answered
“那可能是叛乱者。”我回答。
旁白 neutral
" No, Long John would fly the Jolly Roger, the skull and crossbones flag. That's your friends
“不,高个子约翰会挂海盗旗,就是骷髅旗。那是你的朋友们。
旁白 neutral
There's been a fight, and I'll bet your friends are now ashore in the old stockade that Flint built years ago."
这里打过仗,我敢说你的朋友们现在已经在岸上的那个老寨子里,那是弗林特多年前建的。”
旁白 neutral
" Well, then," I said," I should hurry and join them."
“那么,”我说,“我得赶紧去和他们汇合。”
旁白 neutral
" If anyone needs me, they can find me where we met today
“如果有人需要我,可以到我们今天见面的地方找我。
旁白 neutral
But whoever comes to find me must carry something white and they must come alone
但是不管谁来,都必须带一样白色的东西,而且必须一个人来。
旁白 neutral
If they ask why, tell them,' Ben Gunn has reasons of his own.'"
如果他们问为什么,就告诉他们:‘本·冈恩自有他的理由。’”
旁白 neutral
" I understand," I said." Is that all?"
“我明白了,”我说。“就这些吗?”
旁白 neutral
He nodded." They can find me from about noon to about six o'clock."
他点点头。“他们可以在大约中午到大约六点之间来找我。”
旁白 neutral
" Good."
“好的。”
旁白 neutral
" And, Jim, if you see Long John, don't tell him you saw me! Please don't!"
“还有,吉姆,如果你见到高个子约翰,千万别告诉他你见过我!求你了!”
旁白 neutral
" I wouldn't―," I started to say, but suddenly, we were interrupted by a loud, sharp noise
“我不会——”我刚要开口,突然被一声响亮刺耳的噪音打断了。
旁白 neutral
A cannonball came tearing through the trees
一颗炮弹呼啸着穿过树林。
旁白 neutral
The next moment, Ben Gunn and I ran off in different directions
下一刻,本·冈恩和我便朝不同方向跑开了。
旁白 neutral
For the next hour, balls kept crashing through the woods
接下来整整一个小时,炮弹不断射进树林。
旁白 neutral
I moved from place to place, always pursued — or so it seemed — by those terrifying missiles
我不停地换地方,仿佛一直被那些可怕的炮弹追赶着。
旁白 neutral
Feeling brave, I finally crept down among the shoreside trees to see what was going on
我壮起胆子,终于悄悄爬到岸边的树丛里,想看看发生了什么。
旁白 neutral
The Hispaniola was still where she'd been anchored, but sure enough, the Jolly Roger — the flag of piracy — was flying from her mast
伊斯帕尼奥拉号仍停在抛锚的地方,但那面骷髅旗——海盗旗——确实正在桅杆上飘扬。
旁白 neutral
I lay for a while, watching as two pirates on the shore near the stockade demolished our poor, sunken rowboat
我躺了一会儿,望着岸上木寨附近的两个海盗,把我们那条沉没的可怜小划艇砸了个稀烂。
旁白 neutral
Then I crawled closer to the mouth of the river, where a great fire glowed among the trees
然后我爬到离河口更近的地方,那里树林间燃着一大堆篝火。
旁白 neutral
One of the shore boats kept going to and from the ship, as the pirates shouted drunkenly to each other
一只岸上的小艇不停地在船与岸之间往返,海盗们醉醺醺地互相叫喊着。
旁白 neutral
" Don't forget the sea biscuits!" hollered one man on the beach
“别忘了海饼干!”海滩上的一个人喊道。
旁白 neutral
" Quiet, swab!" yelled another, rowing toward the ship." I want more rum!"
“安静,笨蛋!”另一个划向船的人喊道,“我要更多朗姆酒!”
旁白 neutral
I got up and, keeping out of sight, headed toward the stockade
我爬起来,避开视线,朝着寨子走去。
旁白 neutral
Soon I saw an isolated rock rising high up from among the low bushes. Strangely, it was white
不久我看见一座孤立的岩石从矮灌木丛中高高耸起。奇怪的是,它是白色的。
旁白 neutral
" Could that be Ben Gunn's white rock?" I asked myself
“那会不会就是本·冈恩的白色岩石?”我问自己。
旁白 neutral
" That might be the place where he keeps his boat."
“可能就是他放小船的地方。”
旁白 neutral
I continued walking through the woods and was soon at the stockade;
我继续穿过树林,很快就到了寨子;
旁白 neutral
I scrambled over the fence with high hopes that my friends would be there
我翻过围栏,满怀希望我的朋友们会在那里。
旁白 neutral
" Jim!" the doctor shouted when he saw me, and welcomed me warmly
“吉姆!”医生一看到我就喊道,并热情地欢迎了我。
旁白 neutral
As I told my story, I looked around and noticed that the log house was made of pine tree trunks and had a floor about a foot above the sand
在我讲述经历时,我环顾四周,注意到这木屋是用松树树干建成的,地板高出沙子大约一英尺。
旁白 neutral
There was a porch, and under it, a little spring was bubbling up into a big iron pot with the bottom knocked out
有个门廊,门廊下,一股小泉水汩汩地流进一个底部被敲掉的大铁锅里。
旁白 neutral
Inside, a stone slab formed a corner hearth, and a big, rusty iron grate contained a smoky fire
里面,一块石板构成了角落的炉床,一个大而生锈的铁炉架上生着冒烟的火。
旁白 neutral
Gray, the new man, had his face bandaged because of a cut he'd gotten from the mutineers
新来的人格雷脸上缠着绷带,因为他被反叛者割伤了。
旁白 neutral
And poor Tom Redruth was laid out along the wall under the Union Jack
可怜的汤姆·雷德鲁斯躺在墙边,身上盖着英国国旗。
旁白 neutral
To keep us busy and our spirits up, Captain Smollett gave everyone something to do
为了让我们忙碌起来并振作精神,斯莫利特船长给每个人都分配了任务。
旁白 neutral
" Men," the captain said," we're all tired, but we can't just sit around
“伙计们,”船长说,“我们都累了,但不能就这么干坐着。
旁白 neutral
Gray and Hunter will collect firewood. The squire and Joyce will dig Redruth's grave
格雷和亨特去捡柴火。乡绅和乔伊斯去挖雷德鲁斯的坟墓。
旁白 neutral
The doctor will be our cook, and Jim, you'll be the lookout at the door."
医生当我们的厨师,吉姆,你负责在门口放哨。”
旁白 neutral
A bit later, the doctor came to the door for air and tilted his head toward me
过了一会儿,医生到门口透透气,朝我这边偏了偏头。
旁白 neutral
" Tell me again about Ben Gunn," he said
“再跟我说说本·冈恩的事。”他说道。
旁白 neutral
" Well," I replied," I'm not sure he's sane."
“嗯,”我答道,“我不确定他神志是否正常。”
旁白 neutral
" If you have any doubt, he probably is," said the doctor
“要是你有所怀疑,那他八成还正常,”医生说。
旁白 neutral
" You can't expect a man who's been on a deserted island for three years to appear as sane as you or I. You said he had a craving for cheese?"
“你不能指望一个在荒岛上待了三年的人,看起来跟你我一样清醒。你说他特别想吃奶酪?”
旁白 neutral
" Yes, sir, cheese," I answered
“是的,先生,奶酪。”我回答。
旁白 neutral
" Well, Jim," he said with a laugh," inside my medicine bag, I carry a piece of Parmesan cheese — a cheese made in Italy, very nutritious
“好吧,吉姆,”他笑着说,“我的药包里有一块帕尔马干酪——一种意大利产的奶酪,非常有营养。
旁白 neutral
That's going to be for our friend Ben Gunn!"
那就要留给咱们的朋友本·冈恩了!”
旁白 neutral
Before supper, we buried old Tom in the sand and said a prayer
晚饭前,我们把老汤姆埋在了沙地里,并做了祷告。
旁白 neutral
Then we collected firewood, but not enough to satisfy the captain
然后我们去捡柴火,但捡得不多,没能让船长满意。
旁白 neutral
" We'll get back to this tomorrow when we're more rested," he said
“明天我们休息好了再回来接着干,”他说。
旁白 neutral
" But now, let's eat and then make some plans."
“但现在,我们先吃饭,然后制定些计划。”
旁白 neutral
We ate a bit of pork and each had a good, stiff glass of brandy, and then the doctor, the squire, and the captain huddled together in a corner
我们吃了点猪肉,每人喝了一大杯烈性白兰地,然后医生、乡绅和船长在角落里凑到了一起。
旁白 neutral
" We'll starve to death long before help comes," declared Smollett
“在救援到来之前,我们早就饿死了,”斯莫列特断言道。
旁白 neutral
" Our best hope is to kill all the pirates."
“我们最大的希望是干掉所有海盗。”
旁白 neutral
" We've already reduced their number from nineteen to fifteen," noted the squire
“我们已经把他们的人数从十九个减少到十五个了,”乡绅指出。
旁白 neutral
" And others are wounded," the captain added
“还有其他人受了伤,”船长补充道。
旁白 neutral
" Well, we have two strong allies — rum and the climate," the doctor said
“嗯,我们有两个强大的盟友——朗姆酒和这儿的天气,”医生说。
旁白 neutral
" Listen to them! We're half a mile away and can still hear them singing late into the night
“听听他们!我们相隔半英里,还能听见他们唱歌唱到深夜。
旁白 neutral
Making camp in the marsh, without medicine, half will be sick in a week." He frowned
在沼泽地里扎营,又没有药,一周之内一半的人都会病倒。”他皱起了眉头。
旁白 neutral
" So, hopefully," he continued," they'll be glad to return to the ship and get back to sea again."
“所以,但愿,”他继续说道,“他们会乐于回到船上去,重新出海。”
旁白 neutral
" That's the first ship I ever lost," Captain Smollett said sadly
“那是我损失的第一艘船,”斯莫列特船长伤心地说。
旁白 neutral
We all went to bed then, and after a great deal of tossing, I slept soundly
随后我们都去睡觉了,我辗转反侧了好一阵,才沉沉睡去。
旁白 neutral
In the morning, I was awakened by the sound of excited voices
早上,我被一阵激动的说话声吵醒了。
旁白 neutral
" There's a flag of truce!" someone exclaimed
“有休战旗!”有人喊道。
旁白 neutral
Then another, with a cry of surprise, said," It's Silver himself!"
接着,另一个人惊讶地大叫道:“是西尔弗本人!”
旁白 neutral
I jumped up, rubbed my eyes, and ran to a musket hole in the wall
我一跃而起,揉了揉眼睛,跑到墙上的一个射击孔前。