E21 · Episodes
021 进攻
进攻
Little Fox Level 7 · Treasure Island · Episode 21 — 进攻.
64 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
Captain Smollett stared at Long John and his companion until they disappeared, and then he came inside
斯莫列特船长盯着高个子约翰和他的同伙,直到他们消失,然后走进了木屋。
旁白 neutral
" I made Silver angry," he said," so I think that before the hour is over, they'll attack
“我惹恼了西尔弗,”他说,“所以我想,不出一个小时,他们就会进攻。
旁白 neutral
We're outnumbered, I know, but this shelter gives us an advantage. We can defeat them
我知道我们人数比他们少,但这个掩体给了我们优势。我们能打败他们。
旁白 neutral
Doctor, you'll take the door and shoot through the porch."
医生,你守住门,从门廊里射击。”
旁白 neutral
" Yes, Captain," said Dr. Livesey
“是,船长。”利夫西医生说。
旁白 neutral
" Hunter, take the east side," Smollett continued," and Joyce, you stand on the west side
“亨特,你守东面,”斯莫列特继续说,“乔伊斯,你站到西面。
旁白 neutral
Mr. Trelawney — you're the best marksman — you and Gray take this long side, with the five musket holes
特里劳尼先生——你是最好的射手——你和格雷守这长长的一面,有五个枪眼。
旁白 neutral
Don't let the pirates get close enough to shoot us through our own holes, or things will turn very bad for us."
别让海盗靠近到能透过我们自己的枪眼朝我们开枪,不然情况会变得非常糟糕。”
旁白 neutral
Finally, the captain turned to me." Hawkins, you and I don't shoot well, so we'll reload muskets
最后,船长转向我。“霍金斯,你我枪法不好,所以我们就负责给火枪装弹。
旁白 neutral
Lay out the cutlasses on top of the firewood so they'll be ready to use."
把弯刀摆在柴堆上,随时备用。”
旁白 neutral
The sun climbed through the trees and burned away the morning fog
太阳穿过树梢,驱散了晨雾。
旁白 neutral
We flung aside our coats and rolled up our sleeves
我们甩掉外套,卷起袖子。
旁白 neutral
Then we stood at our posts, in a fever of heat and anxiety
然后我们守在岗位上,热得发昏,焦虑不安。
旁白 neutral
" Excuse me, sir," said Joyce shyly." Should I fire if I see anyone?"
“对不起,先生,”乔伊斯怯生生地问,“要是看到人,我该开枪吗?”
旁白 neutral
" Of course!" the captain bellowed
“当然!”船长咆哮道。
旁白 neutral
" Thank you, sir," Joyce replied in a quiet voice
“谢谢您,先生,”乔伊斯轻声回答。
旁白 neutral
All of us were on the alert, straining our ears and eyes as an hour slowly passed
我们都高度警惕,竖着耳朵,睁大眼睛,一个小时慢慢过去了。
旁白 neutral
Suddenly Joyce pulled up his musket and fired
突然,乔伊斯举起火枪开火。
旁白 neutral
The noise scarcely died away before it was repeated, shot after shot, from every side
枪声几乎还没消失,四面八方就接连响起。
旁白 neutral
Several bullets struck the log house, but none entered
几颗子弹打中了木屋,但没有一颗射进来。
旁白 neutral
When the smoke cleared away, the stockade and the woods around it looked as quiet and empty as before
硝烟散去,木栅栏和周围的树林看起来跟之前一样寂静空旷。
旁白 neutral
" Did you hit anyone?" the captain asked
“有人中枪了吗?”船长问道。
旁白 neutral
" No, sir," Joyce said." I don't think so, sir. I'm sorry."
“没有,先生,”乔伊斯说,“我想没有,对不起,先生。”
旁白 neutral
" You're doing your best, lad," Captain Smollett said." Load his gun, Hawkins."
“你尽力了,伙计,”斯莫列特船长说,“给他的枪装弹,霍金斯。”
旁白 neutral
Then the captain addressed us all." It sounded to me as if most of the shots came from the north, so that's where the pirates will come from
然后,船长对我们所有人说:“听起来大部分枪声是从北边来的,所以海盗会从那边过来。”
旁白 neutral
Stay at your posts, men. If the mutineers cross that fence, they'll take any unprotected musket hole and shoot us down like rats in our own stronghold."
大家坚守岗位。要是叛兵越过那道栅栏,他们就会占领任何没人守的射击孔,把咱们像老鼠一样打死在自己的堡垒里。”
旁白 neutral
Suddenly, with a loud cry, some pirates leapt from the woods on the north side and ran straight for the stockade
突然,随着一声大喊,几个海盗从北边的树林里猛地窜出来,直冲木栅栏跑来。
旁白 neutral
At the same moment, gunfire came from the woods, and a rifle ball whistled through the doorway, blasting the doctor's musket into bits
与此同时,树林里响起了枪声,一颗子弹呼啸着穿过门洞,把医生的火枪击得粉碎。
旁白 neutral
The pirates swarmed over the fence like monkeys as the squire and Gray fired again and again
海盗们像猴子一样蜂拥而上翻过栅栏,与此同时,乡绅和格雷不断开枪射击。
旁白 neutral
Three pirates fell, but one was more scared than hurt, and he climbed back over the fence and disappeared among the trees
三个海盗倒下了,但其中一人与其说是受伤,更像是吓坏了,他爬回栅栏那边,消失在树丛里。
旁白 neutral
Meanwhile, from the woods, eight pirates kept up a hot burst of fire on the log house
与此同时,树林里的八个海盗持续向木屋猛烈开火。
旁白 neutral
Shouting to each other for encouragement, four more pirates got over the fence, swarmed up the mound, and were immediately upon us
另外四个海盗互相呐喊着鼓劲,翻过栅栏,涌上土丘,转眼间就冲到了我们面前。
旁白 neutral
Suddenly the head of Job Anderson appeared at the middle musket hole
突然,乔布·安德森的脑袋出现在中间的那个射击孔前。
旁白 neutral
" Get them, men!" Job roared
“干掉他们,兄弟们!”乔布大吼一声。
旁白 neutral
At the same time, another pirate grabbed Hunter's musket by the muzzle, wrenched it from his hands through the hole
同时,另一个海盗抓住亨特滑膛枪的枪口,从射击孔里猛地从他手中夺走了枪,
旁白 neutral
and with one stunning blow, rammed it through and bashed the poor fellow senseless on the floor
接着用这狠狠的一击,把枪捅了进去,将那可怜的家伙打昏在地。
旁白 neutral
Meanwhile a third, running south to the porch, appeared in the doorway and attacked the doctor with his cutlass
与此同时,第三个人跑到南边的门廊,出现在门口,用他的短剑攻击医生。
旁白 neutral
In an instant, our position was utterly reversed
顷刻之间,我们的处境被彻底逆转了。
旁白 neutral
A moment ago, we were firing, under cover, at an exposed enemy
片刻之前,我们还在掩体里,朝着暴露在外的敌人射击。
旁白 neutral
Now it was we who were vulnerable
现在,容易成为靶子的变成了我们自己。
旁白 neutral
The log house was full of gun smoke, cries, confusion, and the flashes and noise of pistol shots, when one loud voice rang in my ears
木屋里弥漫着火药烟雾,充斥着喊叫和混乱,手枪射击的闪光与噪声此起彼伏,这时一个响亮的声音突然传入我耳中。
旁白 neutral
" Out, lads! Fight them in the open! Cutlasses!" shouted the captain
“出来,小子们!到开阔地去跟他们打!拔刀!”船长大喊。
旁白 neutral
I snatched a cutlass from the pile and dashed out into the clear sunlight with someone close behind
我从刀堆里抓起一把弯刀,冲出屋外,来到明晃晃的阳光下,有人紧跟在身后。
旁白 neutral
Before me, I saw the doctor pursue his attacker down the hill and then send him tumbling backward with a great slash across the face
我看见医生追着他的对手冲下山坡,然后朝他脸上狠狠劈了一刀,让他向后翻滚倒下。
旁白 neutral
" Go around the house, lads!" Captain Smollett cried
“绕到屋子那边去,弟兄们!”斯莫列特船长喊道。
旁白 neutral
With my cutlass raised, I ran around the house as one pirate was shot dead by someone inside
我高举着弯刀,绕着屋子跑,正好看到一个海盗被屋内的某人一枪打死。
旁白 neutral
Then suddenly I was face to face with Job Anderson
然后,我突然与乔布·安德森面对面撞上了。
旁白 neutral
He roared and raised his cutlass above his head, where it flashed in the sunlight
他大吼一声,将弯刀高举过头,刀身在阳光下闪闪发光。
旁白 neutral
With no time to be afraid, I leapt aside, lost my footing, and rolled down the slope as the doctor shot another pirate
根本来不及害怕,我跳向一旁,脚下失稳,顺着斜坡滚了下去,这时医生又开枪打倒了一个海盗。
旁白 neutral
By the time I got to my feet again, a man with a red nightcap and a cutlass between his teeth was halfway over the fence
等我重新站起身时,一个戴着红色睡帽、嘴里衔着弯刀的男人已经翻过了一半围栏,
旁白 neutral
and another man was showing his head above the top
另一个人也在围栏顶上探出了头。
旁白 neutral
Then, behind me, Gray shouted," I've got him!" and killed Job Anderson
就在这时,我身后的格雷喊道:“我解决他了!”随即杀死了乔布·安德森。
旁白 neutral
The two men on the fence hesitated
围栏上的两个人犹豫起来。
旁白 neutral
" Let's get out of here!" one pirate cried
“咱们快跑吧!”一个海盗喊道。
旁白 neutral
And the two of them clambered back over the fence and disappeared into the woods
于是,那两个人又翻回围栏外,消失在树林里。
旁白 neutral
" Get back inside!" yelled the doctor." Shoot from the house!"
“回屋里去!”医生喊道,“从屋里开火!”
旁白 neutral
The doctor, Gray, and I ran for the house, which was by this time somewhat cleared of smoke
医生、格雷和我朝屋子跑去,此时屋里的烟雾已消散了一些。
旁白 neutral
Hunter lay beside his musket hole, stunned though still alive, but Joyce was shot through the head, never to move again
亨特躺在他的射击孔旁,虽还活着,但已昏迷不醒;而乔伊斯头部中弹,再也动弹不得了。
旁白 neutral
" The captain's wounded," Mr. Trelawney said, supporting Smollett under the shoulder
“船长受伤了。”特里劳尼先生说着,从腋下搀扶着斯莫列特。
旁白 neutral
" Have they run away?" asked the captain
“他们都跑了吗?”船长问道。
旁白 neutral
" All that could," the doctor said," but five of them will never run again."
“能跑的都跑了,”医生说,“但他们中有五个再也跑不了了。”
旁白 neutral
" They lost five!" exclaimed the captain." Now it's four of us against nine of them. That's better than when we started."
“他们损失了五个!”船长大声说,“现在我们是四对九。比刚开始时强多了。”
旁白 neutral
The pirates were soon only eight in number, though, for the man shot by Mr. Trelawney on board the ship died that same evening of his wound
然而,海盗一方很快就只剩下八个人了,因为那个在船上被特里劳尼先生打伤的人,当晚便因伤重死去了。
旁白 neutral
But we didn't know that until much later
但我们是很久以后才知道这事的。