Level 7 · 金银岛
🎬

E16 · Episodes

016 医生讲述:弃船经过

医生讲述:弃船经过

Little Fox Level 7 · Treasure Island · Episode 16 — 医生讲述:弃船经过.

59 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

Two shore boats went ashore from the Hispaniola while the captain, the squire, and I talked matters over in the cabin

两只小船从伊斯帕尼奥拉号靠岸时,船长、乡绅和我在船舱里讨论情况。

旁白 neutral

" If there were a breath of wind, we could overpower the mutineers still on the ship, cut loose the anchor, and sail away," the captain said

“只要有一丝风,我们就能制伏船上剩下的叛变者,起锚开走,”船长说。

旁白 neutral

Then Hunter came in and shut the door behind him

这时亨特走了进来,并随手关上了门。

旁白 neutral

" Jim Hawkins was on one of those boats; he's gone ashore with the rest," he said

“吉姆·霍金斯刚才就在其中一艘小船上;他跟着其他人上岸去了,”他说。

旁白 neutral

" Even wind won't help us now. We can't leave," the captain said." I fear for his safety."

“现在就算有风也无济于事了。我们不能离开,”船长说,“我真担心他的安全。”

旁白 neutral

" We may never see the lad again," the squire said

“我们可能再也见不到那孩子了,”乡绅说。

旁白 neutral

We all went up on deck, and there was a nasty stench of illness in the air that made me sick

我们都走上甲板,空气里弥漫着一股难闻的病臭味,让我直犯恶心。

旁白 neutral

The six remaining scoundrels were sitting and grumbling under a sail in the forecastle

剩下的六个恶棍正坐在前甲板的一张帆下发着牢骚。

旁白 neutral

Ashore, we could see the two boats tied up, with one man sitting in each, near the mouth of the river

我们能看见岸上那两只小船被拴在河口附近,每只船里都坐着一个人。

旁白 neutral

" I can't just sit here," I said." I'm going ashore in the rowboat."

“我不能就这么干坐着,”我说,“我要坐小船到岸上去。”

旁白 neutral

" I'm going with you," Hunter said

“我跟你一起去。”亨特说。

旁白 neutral

The map had indicated a stockade, and Hunter and I steered the rowboat in its direction

地图上标出了一个木栅栏,我和亨特就朝着那个方向划去。

旁白 neutral

The two men guarding the shore boats seemed anxious at our appearance; I could see the pair discussing what they ought to do

守着岸上小艇的那两个人看见我们,似乎很焦急;我能看出他俩在商量该怎么办。

旁白 neutral

But they had their orders, I suppose, and decided to stay where they were

不过我想他们接到了命令,决定留在原地。

旁白 neutral

There was a slight bend in the shoreline, and I steered out of their line of sight

海岸线有个小弯,我就把船划出了他们的视线。

旁白 neutral

When we landed, I jumped out and ran, with a pistol in each hand

靠岸后,我跳出来就跑,两手各握一把枪。

旁白 neutral

I had hardly gone a hundred yards when I reached the stockade

我还没走出一百码,就到了木栅栏。

旁白 neutral

Inside a six-foot-high fence was a sturdy log house with a spring of clear water that rose up underneath it

在六英尺高的围墙里面,有一栋坚固的木屋,屋下涌出一眼清泉。

旁白 neutral

The house could hold thirty people in a pinch, and there were some holes in the walls for men with muskets to defend the stockade

紧要关头这房子能容纳三十人,墙上开了一些洞,供持枪的人防守栅栏。

旁白 neutral

Around the building was a wide space that inclined upward, so whoever controlled the log house had every advantage over any attackers

建筑周围是一片开阔地,地势向上倾斜,所以谁控制了这座木屋,谁就对任何进攻者拥有绝对优势。

旁白 neutral

" This spring is particularly advantageous," I thought

“这处泉水真是得天独厚。”我心想。

旁白 neutral

" We have arms and ammunition on the Hispaniola, things to eat, and excellent wines — but no water."

“伊斯班袅拉号上有武器弹药,有吃的,还有上等美酒——唯独没有水。”

旁白 neutral

Just then I heard the cry of a man at the point of death ringing over the island, followed by the distinct clap of a pistol

就在那时,我听到岛上传来一个人垂死时的惨叫,紧接着是一声清晰的手枪声。

旁白 neutral

" Jim Hawkins is dead," I thought

“吉姆·霍金斯死了。”我心想。

旁白 neutral

Immediately, I returned to the shore and jumped in the rowboat, and Hunter made the water fly until the boat was soon alongside the Hispaniola

我立刻返回岸边,跳上小划艇,亨特奋力划桨,小船劈波斩浪,很快靠到了伊斯班袅拉号旁边。

旁白 neutral

When I was back aboard the ship, I found everyone shaken

回到大船上时,我发现所有人都惊魂未定。

旁白 neutral

The squire had his head in his hands, and one of the six crewmen seemed tortured by guilt as well

乡绅双手抱头,那六个船员中也有一个似乎饱受内疚的折磨。

旁白 neutral

" That one," Captain Smollett said, nodding toward him," nearly fainted when he heard the gunshot

“那个人,”斯莫列特船长朝他点了点头说,“听到枪响时差点晕过去。

旁白 neutral

One little push and that man will join our side."

稍微推他一把,他就会站到我们这边来。”

旁白 neutral

I told the captain about my plan to take refuge inside the stockade, and we settled on the details:

我把躲进栅栏内避难的计划告诉了船长,我们商定了具体细节:

旁白 neutral

Redruth would stay in the galley with loaded muskets for protection

雷德鲁斯会待在厨房里,拿着上了膛的滑膛枪作保护。

旁白 neutral

Hunter brought the boat just off the stern

亨特把小船划到紧挨船尾的地方,

旁白 neutral

and Joyce and I started loading powder tins, muskets, bags of biscuits, pork, some wine, and my invaluable medicine chest

乔伊斯和我则开始装上火药罐、滑膛枪、几袋饼干、猪肉、一些酒,还有我那个无比珍贵的药箱。

旁白 neutral

In the meantime, the squire and the captain stayed on deck

与此同时,乡绅和船长待在甲板上。

旁白 neutral

" Mr. Hands," the captain called out," two of us have our pistols out and ready. If anyone signals Silver, you're all dead."

“汉兹先生,”船长喊道,“我们这边有两个人已经掏出手枪准备好了。要是有人给西尔弗发信号,你们全都得死。”

旁白 neutral

" We'll see about that," said one of the men, and they ran below deck to the galley, where Redruth was waiting for them

“我们走着瞧。”其中一个人说,然后他们就跑到甲板下面的厨房,雷德鲁斯正在那儿等着他们。

旁白 neutral

The crewmen scattered throughout the ship, and every time one popped his head out of an opening, the captain would point his pistol and say," Down, dog!"

船员们在船上四处散开,每次有人从哪个口子里探出头来,船长都会用手枪指着他说:“下去,你这狗东西!”

旁白 neutral

By this time, we had the rowboat loaded as much as we dared, and Joyce, Hunter, and I quietly made for shore as fast as the oars could take us

到这个时候,我们已经尽着胆子把小划艇装满了,乔伊斯、亨特和我悄悄地,用桨尽快地朝岸边划去。

旁白 neutral

This second trip alarmed the lookouts on the beach, and one of them disappeared into the woods

这第二趟行程惊动了海滩上的岗哨,其中一人跑进树林里不见了。

旁白 neutral

We soon touched land and transferred everything into the stockade, and Hunter and Joyce stayed to guard the house while I rowed back to the Hispaniola

我们很快就靠了岸,把所有东西都搬进了栅栏里,亨特和乔伊斯留下守卫木屋,我则划船返回伊斯帕尼奥拉号。

旁白 neutral

The squire, who was waiting, caught the boat and secured it, and we started loading it with more provisions

等候着的乡绅抓住了小船并把它拴牢,我们开始往船上装载更多的补给品。

旁白 neutral

After the squire, Redruth, the captain, and I each took a musket and a cutlass

乡绅、雷德鲁斯、船长和我每人拿了一支滑膛枪和一把弯刀之后,

旁白 neutral

we dumped the rest of the arms and powder near the cabin overboard into the sea

我们把舱室附近剩下的武器和火药全都扔到船外,丢进了海里。

旁白 neutral

By this time, we heard sailors faintly calling to each other from the direction of the two boats

到这时候,我们听到从两条船的方向传来水手们彼此微弱的呼喊声。

旁白 neutral

" Joyce and Hunter should be safe," I said," but we must hurry!"

“乔伊斯和亨特应该是安全的,”我说,“但我们得快点!”

旁白 neutral

Redruth dropped into the boat, which we then brought around for the captain

雷德鲁斯跳进了小船,我们随后又把船划过来接船长。

旁白 neutral

" Now, men," Smollett said to the rest of the crew," do you hear me?"

“好了,伙计们,”斯莫利特对剩下的船员说,“你们听到我说话了吗?”

旁白 neutral

There was no answer from the forecastle

船首楼那边没有回音。

旁白 neutral

" It's up to you, Abe Gray — it's to you I am speaking."

“这取决于你,艾贝·格雷——我是在对你说话。”

旁白 neutral

Still no reply

还是没有回应。

旁白 neutral

" Gray," Captain Smollett resumed, a little louder," I'm leaving this ship, and I order you to follow your captain

“格雷,”斯莫利特船长提高了点嗓门,接着说,“我要离开这艘船了,我命令你跟着你的船长走。

旁白 neutral

You are a good man at heart. In fact, not one of you is as bad as he makes out

你本质上是个好人。其实,你们谁也没他装出来的那么坏。

旁白 neutral

I give you thirty seconds to join me." He paused and waited for a reply

我给你三十秒时间到我这边来。”他停顿了一下,等着回应。

旁白 neutral

" Come, my fine fellow," the captain continued." Don't wait

“来吧,我的好伙计,”船长继续说,“别再等了。

旁白 neutral

I'm risking my life and the lives of these good gentlemen every second."

我每秒钟都在拿自己的命和这几位好先生的命冒险。”

旁白 neutral

There was a sudden racket, a sound of blows, and out burst Abe Gray with blood on his cheek

突然传来一阵喧闹和打斗声,接着艾贝·格雷冲了出来,脸上还带着血。

旁白 neutral

" I'm with you, sir!" he yelled, running to the captain

“我跟您走,先生!”他喊着朝船长跑去。

旁白 neutral

He and the captain got aboard with us, and we shoved off

他和船长跟我们一起上了船,然后我们就撑船离去了。

旁白 neutral

We were off the ship, but not yet safe inside our stockade

我们离开了大船,但还没安全进入我们的栅栏里面。