E17 · Episodes
017 医生讲述:小船的最后一程
医生讲述:小船的最后一程
Little Fox Level 7 · Treasure Island · Episode 17 — 医生讲述:小船的最后一程.
62 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
Our little boat was gravely overloaded
我们的小艇严重超载。
旁白 neutral
In addition to our supplies, we were carrying five grown men, and three of them — Trelawney, Redruth, and the captain — were over six feet tall
除了补给品,我们还载了五个成年人,其中三人——特里劳尼、雷德鲁斯和船长——身高都超过六英尺。
旁白 neutral
We took on water several times, and my pants and the back end of my coat were soaking wet
船进了好几次水,我的裤子和外套后摆都湿透了。
旁白 neutral
" Trim the boat," the captain said." Shift around and distribute the weight."
“调整一下小船,”船长说,“挪动挪动,把重量分散开。”
旁白 neutral
We were able to stabilize the boat, but all the same, we were afraid to breathe
我们总算稳住了船,但即便如此,大家连大气都不敢喘。
旁白 neutral
The tide was now causing a strong, rippling current that swept us off course, away from our proper landing place
潮水这时形成了一股强劲的涟漪急流,把我们冲离了航线,偏离了预定的登陆点。
旁白 neutral
We needed some luck or we'd come ashore beside the shore boats, where the pirates might appear at any moment
我们需要一点运气,否则会在岸边小船旁靠岸,那里随时可能冒出海盗。
旁白 neutral
" I can't steer us toward the stockade, sir," I said to the captain
“我没法把船驶向木寨,先生,”我对船长说。
旁白 neutral
He and Redruth were at the oars." Can you row faster?"
他和雷德鲁斯正在划桨。“你们能划快点儿吗?”
旁白 neutral
" Not without flooding the boat," answered the captain
“再快船就要进水了,”船长回答。
旁白 neutral
The tide kept sweeping us westward until I turned the head of the boat east, but it was slow going in the direction toward the stockade
潮水一直把我们冲向西边,直到我把船头转向东边,但朝着木寨方向前进依然缓慢。
旁白 neutral
" We'll never get ashore at this rate!" I called out
“这样下去我们永远到不了岸!”我喊道。
旁白 neutral
" Keep us going upstream and avoid those boats," commanded the captain
“继续逆流而上,避开那些小船。”船长命令道。
旁白 neutral
" Eventually, the current will let up a bit, and then we can dodge back along the shore."
“水流最终会减弱一些,那时我们就可以沿着岸边悄悄折返了。”
旁白 neutral
" The current has lessened already, sir," said Gray, who sat at the bow." We can ease up a bit, sir."
“水流已经减弱些了,先生,”坐在船头的格雷说,“我们可以稍微慢一点了,先生。”
旁白 neutral
" Thank you," I said. We'd all quietly decided to treat Abe Gray as if nothing had happened — as if he had never been one of the mutineers
“谢谢。”我说。我们都默默地决定对待阿贝·格雷就像什么都没发生过——仿佛他从来就不是叛变者中的一员。
旁白 neutral
Suddenly the captain gasped," The cannon!"
突然,船长倒吸一口气说:“大炮!”
旁白 neutral
I'd entirely forgotten about the ship's guns
我完全忘了船上的火炮。
旁白 neutral
To our horror, we saw the five pirates on the Hispaniola busily removing the cover from the big cannon
令我们惊恐的是,我们看见伊斯帕尼奥拉号上的五个海盗正忙着卸下那门大炮的炮罩。
旁白 neutral
Not only that, but I realized the cannonballs and some powder had been left behind
不仅如此,我还意识到炮弹和一些火药也留在了那里。
旁白 neutral
" Israel was Flint's gunner," said Gray hoarsely
“伊斯莱尔是弗林特的炮手,”格雷嗓音沙哑地说。
旁白 neutral
We headed for the landing place, and even though I could keep the boat steady, we dared not row any faster
我们朝着登陆点驶去,虽然我能让小船保持平稳,却不敢划得更快。
旁白 neutral
Unfortunately, this course displayed our broadside to the Hispaniola, and we offered a huge target for the pirates
不幸的是,这条航线让我们的侧面完全暴露给了伊斯班袅拉号,成了海盗们的一个大靶子。
旁白 neutral
I could see that rascal Israel on the deck putting the cannonballs down the gun's neck
我能看见那个混蛋伊斯莱尔正在甲板上,把炮弹往炮膛里塞。
旁白 neutral
" Mr. Trelawney," said the captain," I need you to pick off one of those men — Mr. Hands, if possible."
“特里劳尼先生,”船长说,“我需要你精准射倒一个人——可能的话,就射汉兹先生。”
旁白 neutral
Trelawney was as cool as steel while he prepared his gun
特里劳尼在准备火枪时,冷静得像块钢铁。
旁白 neutral
" Now," the captain said," easy with that musket, sir, or you'll tip the boat. Everyone stand by to trim her when he pulls the trigger."
“好了,”船长说,“举枪要稳,先生,否则你会把船弄翻。所有人都准备好,等他扣动扳机时稳住船身。”
旁白 neutral
The rowing stopped, the squire raised his gun, and we leaned over to the other side to keep the balance
划桨停了下来,乡绅举起了枪,我们都把身子倾向另一边以保持平衡。
旁白 neutral
By this time, the pirates on the Hispaniola had turned the cannon toward us
这时候,伊斯班袅拉号上的海盗们已经把大炮转向了我们这边。
旁白 neutral
Israel, who was at the muzzle with the rammer, was the most exposed
正在炮口拿着推弹杆的伊斯莱尔,是最容易暴露的那个。
旁白 neutral
However, just as Trelawney fired, Israel bent down and the shot whistled over him
然而,就在特里劳尼开火时,伊斯雷尔恰好弯下腰,子弹呼啸着从他头顶飞过。
旁白 neutral
It hit one of the other four pirates, and he fell with a cry
子弹击中了另外四名海盗中的一个,他惨叫一声倒下了。
旁白 neutral
His cry was echoed not only by his companions on board but also by a great number of voices from the shore
他的叫声不仅在船上的同伙中响起回声,岸上也传来许多人的呼喊,
旁白 neutral
as the other pirates came out from among the trees
因为其他海盗从树林里钻了出来。
旁白 neutral
" The pirates are going toward the boats," I said
"海盗们正朝小船走去。" 我说。
旁白 neutral
" Row!" cried the captain." We mustn't mind if we flood her now
"快划!" 船长喊道。"现在就算船进水也顾不得了。
旁白 neutral
If we can't get ashore, we're done for."
要是上不了岸,我们就完了。"
旁白 neutral
" They're taking only one boat," I said
"他们只推走了一条船。" 我说。
旁白 neutral
" The crew of the other boat is staying on the shore to cut us off."
"另一条船的人在岸上留守,要截断我们的去路。"
旁白 neutral
" It's not them I mind. It's the cannon," the captain said
"我倒不担心他们。我担心的是大炮。" 船长说。
旁白 neutral
" There is no way they can miss us
他们绝不可能打偏。
旁白 neutral
Tell us, Squire, when you have another chance at a shot, and we'll stop."
乡绅,等您再有射击机会时告诉我们一声,我们就停下来。
旁白 neutral
Meanwhile, we'd been making pretty good headway for a boat so overloaded, and we'd taken on very little water
同时,对于一艘如此超载的小船,我们前进的速度相当快,而且几乎没有进什么水。
旁白 neutral
We were now close, and in thirty or forty strokes, we could beach her on a narrow belt of sand below the clustering trees
我们现在已经很近了,再划三四十下桨,就能把她拖上树丛下方的一片狭长沙滩。
旁白 neutral
The pirates' boat was still behind us, and the tide, which had so cruelly delayed us, was also delaying them
海盗的小船仍在我们后面,那如此无情地耽搁了我们行程的潮水,也同样在耽搁他们。
旁白 neutral
The one source of danger was the cannon
唯一危险来源就是那门大炮。
旁白 neutral
" I think I can pick off another man," said the squire
“我想我能再干掉一个,”乡绅说。
旁白 neutral
" Hold!" the captain shouted, quick as an echo, and our boat stopped so fast that water poured over the stern
“停!”船长大喊,快得像回声一般,我们的小船停得如此突然,以至于水从船尾漫了进来。
旁白 neutral
A cannonball came toward us at that same instant, and the squire's shot missed
就在同一瞬间,一颗炮弹向我们飞来,而乡绅那一枪打偏了。
旁白 neutral
Where the cannonball hit, no one could tell, but it must have gone over our heads and plunged into the water
没人说得清那颗炮弹击中了哪里,但它一定是从我们头顶飞过,然后扎进了水里,
旁白 neutral
because its impact contributed to our disaster
因为它激起的浪头加剧了我们的灾难。
旁白 neutral
At any rate, our boat sank in three feet of water
总之,我们的小船在三英尺深的水里沉没了。
旁白 neutral
The captain and I got to our feet, but the other three went under and came up drenched
船长和我站了起来,但另外三人掉进水里,冒出来时浑身湿透。
旁白 neutral
So far, there was no great harm
到目前为止,还没有大的损害。
旁白 neutral
No lives were lost, and we could wade ashore safely, but all the food and supplies were underwater
没有人员伤亡,而且我们能安全地涉水上岸,但所有的食物和物资都泡在水里了。
旁白 neutral
To make things worse, only two guns out of the five remained ready to use
更糟的是,五支枪里只有两支还能用。
旁白 neutral
Instinctively, I'd snatched my musket and held it over my head, and the captain had wisely carried his over his shoulder
我本能地一把抓起步枪,把它举过头顶,而船长则明智地把他的枪扛在了肩上。
旁白 neutral
But the other three were soaked
可另外三支枪都湿透了。
旁白 neutral
We heard voices in the woods along the shore, and we worried we might be cut off from the stockade in our weakened state
我们听到岸边树林里传来人声,不禁担心以我们如此被削弱的状态,可能会被切断通往木寨的路。
旁白 neutral
I also worried whether Hunter and Joyce could withstand an attack
我也担心亨特和乔伊斯是否能抵挡住一次攻击。
旁白 neutral
Hunter was steady, but Joyce was a polite house servant, not a man of war
亨特是沉稳的,但乔伊斯是个彬彬有礼的家仆,并非善战之人。
旁白 neutral
So we waded ashore as fast as we could, leaving behind the poor rowboat and half of all our powder and provisions
于是我们竭尽全力快速涉水上岸,把那艘可怜的小划艇,连同我们一半的火药和给养都丢在了身后。