Level 7 · 金银岛
🎬

E15 · Episodes

015 岛上的人

岛上的人

Little Fox Level 7 · Treasure Island · Episode 15 — 岛上的人.

66 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

Nearby, down the side of the hill, some gravel fell and rattled through the trees

附近,山坡下,一些碎石滚落,穿过树林沙沙作响。

旁白 neutral

My eyes turned instinctively in that direction, and I saw a dark figure quickly leap behind the trunk of a large tree

我的目光本能地转向那边,看到一个黑影迅速跳到大树干后面。

旁白 neutral

I couldn't tell if it was a bear or a monkey, but it seemed large and shaggy

我分不清是熊还是猴子,但它看起来又大又毛茸茸的。

旁白 neutral

I was cut off on both sides; behind me were murderers, and in front of me was this lurking animal

我腹背受敌;身后是杀人犯,面前是这潜伏的野兽。

旁白 neutral

Suddenly, Long John seemed the lesser of two evils, so I turned and, looking over my shoulder, started heading back toward the boats

突然,长约翰像是两害中的较轻者,于是我转身,一边回头张望,一边朝小船方向走回去。

旁白 neutral

Instantly, the figure swiftly moved through the trees, running manlike on two legs yet hunched over

那身影立刻迅速穿过树林,像人一样用两条腿奔跑,却又弓着身子。

旁白 neutral

This creature was unlike any man I'd ever seen, but it was a man

这生物不同于我见过的任何人,但它确实是人。

旁白 neutral

" Maybe it's a cannibal," I said to myself, and I almost called out to the pirates for help

“说不定是食人族,”我自言自语,差点儿就向海盗们呼救。

旁白 neutral

But the mere fact he was a man, however wild, reassured me

但仅凭他是个人——无论多么野蛮——就让我安心了。

旁白 neutral

" Wait, I have a pistol," I thought." I'm not defenseless!"

“等等,我有一把手枪,”我想,“我不是毫无防备!”

旁白 neutral

So I walked toward the island man, and as soon as I moved in his direction, he stepped toward me

我向岛上的男子走去,我刚朝他那边移动,他也向我走来。

旁白 neutral

He hesitated, but at last, to my wonder and confusion, he threw himself on his knees and held out his clasped hands

他犹豫了一下,但最后,令我惊奇又困惑的是,他跪倒在地,伸出合拢的双手。

旁白 neutral

" Who are you?" I asked

“你是谁?”我问。

旁白 neutral

" I'm poor Ben Gunn," he said in a voice that was hoarse, like a rusty lock

“我是可怜的本·冈,”他说,声音嘶哑,像生锈的锁。

旁白 neutral

" I haven't spoken with a soul for three years."

“我已经三年没跟人说过话了。”

旁白 neutral

His skin was all sunburned, his lips were black, and his fair eyes looked bright in his dark face

他的皮肤被太阳晒得黝黑,嘴唇发黑,他那浅色的眼睛在他黝黑的脸上显得明亮。

旁白 neutral

His clothing was a tattered ship's canvas and ragged, old cloth fastened together with small sticks and loops of animal hide

他的衣服是破旧的船帆布和破烂的旧布,用小木棍和兽皮绳绑在一起。

旁白 neutral

" Were you shipwrecked?" I cried

“你是遭了船难吗?”我喊道。

旁白 neutral

" No, mate," he said," marooned."

“不,伙计,”他说,“是被放逐了。”

旁白 neutral

I knew what that meant

我知道那是什么意思。

旁白 neutral

Being marooned was a horrible punishment in which a pirate was left behind on a desolate island, with only a little gunpowder and one bullet

被流放荒岛是一种可怕的惩罚,海盗会被遗弃在荒凉的岛上,只有一点点火药和一颗子弹。

旁白 neutral

" Marooned three years ago," Gunn went on." I've lived on goats, berries, and oysters. But my heart craves a civilized diet

“三年前被流放的,”冈恩继续说,“我一直靠山羊、浆果和牡蛎为生,可我内心渴望体面的饮食。”

旁白 neutral

You don't happen to have a piece of cheese? No? Well, many long nights I've dreamed of cheese — toasted, mostly."

你碰巧带了奶酪吗?没有吗?唉,多少个漫漫长夜,我都梦到奶酪——大多是烤过的。”

旁白 neutral

" If I ever get aboard again," I said," you shall have plenty of cheese."

“如果我能再上船,”我说,“你一定会有吃不完的奶酪。”

旁白 neutral

As we talked, he was feeling my jacket, smoothing my hands, and generally showing a childish pleasure in the presence of a fellow creature

我们说话时,他摸着我的外套,抚平我的手,显得像个孩子一样,为见到同类而高兴。

旁白 neutral

" I'm Jim," I said

“我叫吉姆,”我说。

旁白 neutral

" Jim, Jim," he repeated, quite pleased." Well, now, Jim, can you believe I once had a devoted mother who looked after me?"

“吉姆,吉姆,”他满心欢喜地重复着,“那么,吉姆,你相信吗,从前我也有个疼我的母亲照顾我?”

旁白 neutral

" Not really," I answered

“不太信,”我答道。

旁白 neutral

" I was a polite, churchgoing boy too," Gunn said

“我从前也是个有礼貌、常去教堂的好孩子呢,”冈恩说。

旁白 neutral

" I've thought about it here on this lonely island, and I've decided to go back to church someday

“在这孤岛上我反复想过了,决定有朝一日要重新去教堂。”

旁白 neutral

I'll be good again. I know how. And Jim" — looking all around him and lowering his voice to a whisper — "I'm rich."

我会重新做个好人。我知道怎么做。还有,吉姆——”他环顾四周,压低声音耳语道,“我很有钱。”

旁白 neutral

This poor fellow was crazy, I thought

我想,这个可怜的家伙疯了。

旁白 neutral

I must have looked unconvinced, for he repeated," Rich! Rich! And I'll make you rich too, Jim

我一定看起来不信,因为他重复道:“有钱!很有钱!我也会让你发财的,吉姆。

旁白 neutral

You'll be thankful you found me first!"

你会庆幸先找到了我!”

旁白 neutral

Suddenly a shadow came over his face, and Gunn grabbed my arm and raised a forefinger threateningly at me

突然,他脸色一沉,冈恩抓住我的胳膊,竖起食指威胁地指着我。

旁白 neutral

" Tell the truth — is that Flint's ship?" he asked

“说实话——那是弗林特的船吗?”他问。

旁白 neutral

Right then, I knew I'd found an ally." It's not Flint's ship! Flint is dead

就在那时,我知道我找到了一个盟友。“那不是弗林特的船!弗林特已经死了。

旁白 neutral

But some of Flint's men are aboard, which is bad luck for the rest of us."

但船上有一些弗林特的手下,这对我们其他人来说很倒霉。”

旁白 neutral

" Is there a man... with one leg?" he gasped

“有没有……一个缺了一条腿的人?”他喘着气说。

旁白 neutral

" He's the cook and the ringleader."

“他是厨子,也是头目。”

旁白 neutral

Gunn was still holding me by the wrist, and he squeezed hard

冈恩仍然抓着我的手腕,他使劲攥了一下。

旁白 neutral

" If you were sent by Long John Silver," he whispered," I'm as good as dead."

“如果你是高个约翰·西尔弗派来的,”他低声说,“那我就死定了。”

旁白 neutral

I told him the whole story of our voyage and predicament, and when I was done, he patted me on the head

我把我们航行和陷入困境的来龙去脉全告诉了他,等我说完,他拍了拍我的头。

旁白 neutral

" You're a good lad, Jim," said Gunn." You're all in a bad situation

“你是个好小子,吉姆,”冈恩说,“你们所有人都处境不妙。

旁白 neutral

Well, put your trust in me. Would your squire share Flint's treasure and give me passage home?"

好了,相信我吧。你们那位乡绅愿意分享弗林特的财宝,并让我搭船回家吗?”

旁白 neutral

" Yes," I cried." We all planned to share, and besides, without the pirates, we'll need you to help sail the vessel home."

“愿意,”我喊道,“我们本来就计划分享的,再说,没了那帮海盗,我们也需要你帮忙把船开回去。”

旁白 neutral

" Ah," said he," so you would." And he seemed relieved

“啊,”他说,“你们果真是这么想的。”他看起来松了口气。

旁白 neutral

" I was on Flint's ship," he continued," when he and six men buried the treasure

“我当时就在弗林特的船上,”他继续说道,“他和六个人去埋宝藏的时候。

旁白 neutral

The rest of us waited on the old Walrus until Flint returned, alone

我们其余的人就在老‘海象号’上等着,直到弗林特独自一人回来。

旁白 neutral

It must have been quite a battle, six against one

那一定是一场恶战,六个对一个。

旁白 neutral

Billy Bones was the first mate, and Long John was quartermaster

比利·博恩斯是大副,高个约翰是舵手。

旁白 neutral

The men on board asked Flint where the treasure was, and he said,' Go ashore, if you like, and stay there —

船上的人问弗林特宝藏在哪里,他说:‘你们要是乐意,就上岸待在那儿吧——

旁白 neutral

but as for the ship, she'll hunt for more, by thunder!' That's what he said."

至于这艘船嘛,它还要去搜寻更多财宝呢,对天发誓!’这就是他的原话。”

旁白 neutral

" How were you marooned?" I asked

“你是怎么被流放到荒岛上的?”我问。

旁白 neutral

" Well, a few years later, I was on another ship and we sighted this island

“呃,几年后,我在另一艘船上,我们望见了这个岛。

旁白 neutral

' Boys,' I said,' Flint's treasure is here. Let's find it.'

‘弟兄们,’我说,‘弗林特的财宝就在这儿。我们去找吧。’

旁白 neutral

For 12 days, we looked but didn't find the treasure, and with each passing day, they got angrier at me

我们找了12天,也没找到宝藏,而且日子一天天过去,他们对我越来越恼火。

旁白 neutral

One morning, they just said,' Here's a musket, spade, and pickax

一天早上,他们直接说:‘给你一支火枪、一把铁锹和一把镐头。

旁白 neutral

Find Flint's money yourself.' And the ship set sail without me

你自己去找弗林特的财宝吧。’然后船就丢下我开走了。

旁白 neutral

So, Jim, I've been here three years, and I haven't had a bite of decent food since."

所以,吉姆,我在这儿都三年了,从那时起一口像样的饭菜都没吃过。”

旁白 neutral

" We need to get back on board the Hispaniola," I said." But how?"

“我们需要回到‘伊斯帕尼奥拉号’上,”我说,“可怎么回去呢?”

旁白 neutral

" I have a small boat I made," answered Gunn

“我有一艘自己做的小船,”冈恩回答。

旁白 neutral

" I keep her under the white rock. We can try to get to the ship after dark."

“我把她藏在白岩石下面。我们可以等天黑后设法靠近大船。”

旁白 neutral

Suddenly the island echoed with cannon thunder, and Gunn and I ran toward the anchorage

突然,岛上回荡起大炮的轰鸣声,我和冈恩便朝锚地跑去。

旁白 neutral

We heard gunshots ring out next, and then, not a quarter of a mile away was a startling sight

接着,我们又听到了枪声响起,然后,在不到四分之一英里的地方,出现了一幕惊人的景象。

旁白 neutral

Fluttering above the woods was our country's flag, the Union Jack

在树林上方飘扬的,是我们国家的旗帜,米字旗。