Level 7 · 金银岛
🎬

E01 · Episodes

001 本葆将军旅店的老水手

本葆将军旅店的老水手

Little Fox Level 7 · Treasure Island · Episode 1 — 本葆将军旅店的老水手.

71 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

My name is Jim Hawkins, and Squire Trelawney and Dr. Livesey asked me to write down the whole story of Treasure Island from beginning to end

我叫吉姆·霍金斯,乡绅特里劳尼和利夫西医生让我把金银岛的整个故事从头到尾写下来。

旁白 neutral

They told me to tell everything and keep nothing back except the location of the island, since a lot of the treasure is still there

他们让我把一切都说出来,什么也不要隐瞒,只是不透露岛屿的位置,因为许多财宝仍在那里。

旁白 neutral

So, here I am in the year 1750, remembering a time when my father ran the Admiral Benbow Inn and an old seaman first came to our door

就这样,在1750年的今天,我回想起当年父亲经营本鲍将军旅店时,一位老海员第一次踏上我们家门槛的情景。

旁白 neutral

He was a tall, strong, nut-brown man, pulling a sea chest behind him

他是个高大强壮、皮肤栗褐色的男人,身后拖着一个海员行李箱。

旁白 neutral

A dark pigtail fell over the soiled shoulder of his blue coat

一条深色发辫垂在他蓝色外套那污迹斑斑的肩头。

旁白 neutral

His ragged hands had black, broken nails, and the scar across his cheek was a dirty, ugly white

他粗糙的双手上指甲乌黑开裂,横过脸颊的伤疤是一道脏兮兮的、难看的白色。

旁白 neutral

He came in, sat down, and ordered a glass of rum

他走进来,坐下,要了一杯朗姆酒。

旁白 neutral

" A comfortable inn," he said, drinking slowly," and in a good location. Many customers, mate?"

“一家舒服的旅店,”他边慢慢喝着酒边说,“位置也不错。伙计,客人多吗?”

旁白 neutral

" No, very few," my father said." It's a pity."

“不多,少得很,”父亲说,“真可惜。”

旁白 neutral

" Well, then," he said," this is the place for me

“那好,”他说,“这地方正合我意。

旁白 neutral

All I'll need each day is bacon and eggs in the morning, some rum, and a room with a high window to watch for ships."

我每天只需要早上有培根和鸡蛋,来点朗姆酒,还有一间带高窗户、能望见船的房间。”

旁白 neutral

He threw down three gold pieces

他扔下三枚金币。

旁白 neutral

" You can call me ' Captain,'" he said, looking fierce

“你们可以叫我‘船长’,”他神情凶狠地说。

旁白 neutral

" Let me know when you need more money to cover my board."

“钱不够付我的食宿时,就告诉我。”

旁白 neutral

The captain was a very quiet man

船长是个非常安静的人。

旁白 neutral

All day he would hang around the cove or the cliffs with a brass telescope, and all evening, he would sit next to the fire and drink rum

他整天拿着一副黄铜望远镜在海湾或悬崖边徘徊,整个晚上则坐在炉火旁喝朗姆酒。

旁白 neutral

" Let him be," my father warned me

“别管他,”我父亲警告我。

旁白 neutral

Every day the old man went for a walk, and when he returned to the inn, he'd always look over his shoulder and ask," Have any seafaring men been here?"

每天老人都出去散步,回到旅店时,他总要回头张望一下,然后问:“有没有海员来过?”

旁白 neutral

Occasionally, seamen did arrive at the Admiral Benbow, and he'd spy on them through the curtains

偶尔,确实会有海员来到本鲍将军旅店,他便会透过窗帘窥探他们。

旁白 neutral

He took me aside one day and held out a silver coin

有一天,他把我拉到一边,递出一枚银币。

旁白 neutral

" I'll pay you every month," he said," if you keep your eyes open for a seafaring man with one leg."

“我每月会付你钱,”他说,“只要你留心注意一个一条腿的水手。”

旁白 neutral

" One leg?" I said

“一条腿?”我说。

旁白 neutral

" Let me know the moment he appears."

“他一出现就立刻告诉我。”

旁白 neutral

On the first of each month, I'd ask him for my wage

每个月的第一天,我都会向他要工钱。

旁白 neutral

He'd stare at me for a long time, but eventually he would give me my coin

他会盯着我看很久,但最后还是会给我那枚硬币。

旁白 neutral

" Look out for the seafaring man with one leg," he repeated ominously

“留意那个一条腿的水手,”他不祥地重复道。

旁白 neutral

How that one-legged man haunted my dreams!

那个一条腿的人多么频繁地出现在我的梦里啊!

旁白 neutral

On stormy nights, he appeared to me in a thousand different forms, with a thousand evil expressions

在暴风雨的夜晚,他变成千百种不同的样子,带着千百种邪恶的表情。

旁白 neutral

Sometimes his leg was cut off at the knee, and sometimes the entire leg would be missing

有时他的腿从膝盖处截断,有时整条腿都不见了。

旁白 neutral

The one-legged man would chase me over hedges and into ditches

那个一条腿的人会追着我翻过树篱,掉进水沟。

旁白 neutral

I thought these nightmares were a high price for my monthly pay, but oddly, the captain himself didn't scare me at all

我曾以为这些噩梦就是月钱的沉重代价,但奇怪的是,船长本人我一点也不怕。

旁白 neutral

" More rum!" he'd shout

“再来点朗姆酒!”他会喊道。

旁白 neutral

He'd force our trembling guests to listen to his stories and his singing, and he wouldn't allow anyone to leave." Pay attention!"

他会逼着那些战战兢兢的客人听他讲故事、唱歌,还不许任何人离开。“都给我注意了!”

旁白 neutral

" Fifteen men on a dead man's chest," he sang

“十五个人扒着死人箱,”他唱道。

旁白 neutral

" Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!" everyone sang in answer, joining in for fear of death

“唷嗬嗬,再来一瓶朗姆酒!”所有人都怕得要死,跟着一起应和道。

旁白 neutral

" You'd walk the plank in the Dry Tortugas," he said, pointing to one reluctant guest

“在德赖托图加斯,你早被逼着走跳板了,”他指着一个面露难色的客人说。

旁白 neutral

" And on the bloody Spanish Main," he said, pointing to another," you'd be tortured and then hung."

“而在那血腥的西班牙大陆,”他指着另一个客人说,“你非得受尽折磨然后被吊死。”

旁白 neutral

" He's lived among the wickedest men on the sea," one guest whispered

“他可是一直跟海上最恶毒的那帮人混在一起,”一位客人低声说道。

旁白 neutral

" He uses such shocking language," said another

“他说话真是吓人,”另一位客人说。

旁白 neutral

My father held his head in his hands." The inn will be ruined

我父亲双手抱头,说道:“这旅店要让他给毁了。”

旁白 neutral

People won't come to be bullied and sent shivering to their beds."

人们可不会愿意来受欺负,被吓得哆哆嗦嗦地上床睡觉。

旁白 neutral

I disagreed and said to my father," The captain does us good

我不同意,对父亲说:“船长对我们有好处。

旁白 neutral

People are frightened, but they like the excitement

人们虽然害怕,但他们喜欢这种刺激。

旁白 neutral

There's even a group of young men who pretend to admire him

甚至还有一群年轻人,假装仰慕他。

旁白 neutral

They call him ' sea dog ' and ' old salt ' and say he's the sort of man that made England fearsome at sea."

他们叫他‘老海狗’、‘老水手’,还说正是他那样的人,才让英格兰在海上令人畏惧。”

旁白 neutral

" But the money he paid us is long gone," my father said

“但他付给我们的钱早就用光了,”我父亲说。

旁白 neutral

" I don't know how to insist on more

“我都不知道该怎么开口再要。

旁白 neutral

Whenever I try, he just stares at me."

每次我想试试,他就那样瞪着我。”

旁白 neutral

Father wrung his hands and looked very ill

父亲绞着双手,看起来病得很重。

旁白 neutral

So the captain stayed. He never wrote or received letters, or spoke with anyone but the guests, and then only when drunk

于是,船长就这么住了下来。他从不写信,也从不收信,除了店里的客人,不跟任何人说话,而且还得是在喝醉了的时候。

旁白 neutral

And we never saw inside his great sea chest

而且我们从未见过他那口大航海箱的内部。

旁白 neutral

Late one afternoon, Dr. Livesey arrived to see my father, who had become quite sick

一天傍晚,利夫西医生来看我父亲,父亲那时病得很重。

旁白 neutral

This well-dressed doctor, with his white powdered wig, clear eyes, and pleasant manners

这位衣着考究、戴着白色扑粉假发、目光清澈、举止得体的医生

旁白 neutral

contrasted sharply with the filthy, bleary-eyed old sailor, drunk and sitting with his arms on the table

与那个肮脏、睡眼惺忪、喝得酩酊大醉、双臂趴在桌上的老水手形成了鲜明对比。

旁白 neutral

Suddenly the captain began to sing:

突然,船长开始唱起来:

旁白 neutral

" Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!

“十五个人趴在死人箱上,哟嗬嗬,再来一瓶朗姆酒!

旁白 neutral

Drink and the devil had done for the rest — Yo — ho — ho, and a bottle of rum!"

酒和魔鬼把其余的都干掉了——哟嗬嗬,再来一瓶朗姆酒!”

旁白 neutral

Dr. Livesey was giving orders for my father's care when the captain banged his hand on the table for quiet

利夫西医生正在叮嘱如何照料我父亲,这时船长用手重重敲着桌子要求安静。

旁白 neutral

Everyone stopped talking, but Dr. Livesey continued

所有人都停止了交谈,但利夫西医生继续说着。

旁白 neutral

The captain glared, swore, and said," Silence, there, between decks!"

船长瞪着眼睛咒骂着说:“安静,底下的人,别出声!”

旁白 neutral

" Are you addressing me, sir?" the doctor asked

“先生,您是在跟我说话吗?”医生问道。

旁白 neutral

" Aye," the captain said." Shut the devil up."

“对,”船长说。“给我他妈的闭嘴。”

旁白 neutral

" I have only one thing to say, sir," the doctor replied

“先生,我只有一句话要说,”医生回答道。

旁白 neutral

" Keep drinking rum and you'll soon be dead, you scoundrel!"

“继续喝朗姆酒的话,你很快就会死掉的,你这个恶棍!”

旁白 neutral

The old fellow sprang up, opened a pocketknife, and threatened to pin the doctor to the wall

那老家伙一跃而起,打开一把小折刀,威胁要把医生钉在墙上。

旁白 neutral

The doctor spoke louder." Put that knife away, or I promise, on my honor, you shall hang."

医生提高了嗓门。“把那刀子收起来,否则我以我的名誉担保,你肯定会被绞死。”

旁白 neutral

There was a battle of looks, but the captain soon closed his weapon, grumbling like a beaten dog

两人怒目相向,但船长很快就合上了他的刀子,像条挨了揍的狗一样嘟囔着。

旁白 neutral

" And now, sir," the doctor continued," I'll be watching you

“现在,先生,”医生接着说,“我会盯着你的。

旁白 neutral

I'm not only a doctor, but also an officer of the law

我不只是个医生,还是一名执法官。

旁白 neutral

If I hear any complaints about you, I'll have you hunted down. So behave."

要是我听到任何对你的投诉,我会叫人把你抓起来的。所以你放规矩点。”

旁白 neutral

Soon after, Dr. Livesey rode away, but the captain held his peace that evening and many evenings to come

不久之后,利夫西医生骑马离开了,但船长在那天晚上和后来许多个晚上都保持了安静。