E34 · Episodes
034 尾声
尾声
Little Fox Level 7 · Treasure Island · Episode 34 — 尾声.
66 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
The next morning, we started moving the gold to the Hispaniola
次日早晨,我们开始把金子搬上伊斯帕尼奥拉号。
旁白 neutral
Abe Gray and Ben Gunn went back and forth with the shore boat, while the rest of us kept piling it up on the beach
阿贝·格雷和本·冈恩用小船来回搬运,我们其余的人则不停地把金子堆在海滩上。
旁白 neutral
The gold was very heavy; I couldn't carry any of it, so I kept busy packing the coins into bags
金子非常重,我一点也搬不动,所以就忙着把金币装进袋子里。
旁白 neutral
" There are so many different coins from so many different countries!" I thought
“有这么多来自不同国家的不同钱币!”我想。
旁白 neutral
" I think all the kings of Europe must be represented here."
“我想欧洲所有的国王大概都在这儿了。”
旁白 neutral
For two days, the work went on
工作持续了两天,
旁白 neutral
and on the third night, as Dr. Livesey and I were walking on the beach, the wind carried a strange, shrieking noise through the darkness
第三天晚上,当李甫西大夫和我走在海滩上时,风携着一阵奇怪的、尖厉的声音穿过黑暗传来。
旁白 neutral
" Heaven help them," the doctor said." It's the mutineers! They're singing."
“愿上天保佑他们,”大夫说,“是那些叛党!他们在唱歌。”
旁白 neutral
" All drunk, sir," said Long John, who had decided to follow behind us
“全都喝醉了,先生,”跟在后面的高个儿约翰说。
旁白 neutral
" Drunk or insane," the doctor answered gruffly
“不是醉了就是疯了,”大夫粗声答道。
旁白 neutral
" Right you are, sir," agreed Long John," but it hardly matters which."
“您说得对,先生,”朗·约翰赞同道,“但到底是哪一个,其实无关紧要。”
旁白 neutral
" My feelings may surprise you, Mr. Silver," retorted Dr. Livesey," but if I was certain they needed me, I'd go and help them, no matter what the risk."
“我的想法可能会让您吃惊,西尔弗先生,”利夫西医生反驳道,“但如果我能肯定他们需要我,我就会过去帮助他们,无论冒多大风险。”
旁白 neutral
" And you would be wrong, sir," Long John said." You'd lose your life
“那您就错了,先生,”朗·约翰说,“您会送掉性命的。”
旁白 neutral
I'm on your side now, and I don't want to see our side weakened, let alone see you die
“我现在站在您这一边了,我不想看到我们这一方被削弱,更不想看到您死去。”
旁白 neutral
Those men down there couldn't keep their word, and what's more, they wouldn't believe you would keep yours."
“下边那些人不会信守诺言,而且,他们也不相信您会信守诺言。”
旁白 neutral
" Perhaps not," snapped the doctor," though we all know how you keep your word."
“也许不会,”医生厉声说道,“不过,我们都知道你是如何信守诺言的。”
旁白 neutral
That was all we heard from the pirates until, one day, a gunshot sounded a long way off
“那就是我们从海盗那里听到的全部了,直到有一天,远处传来一声枪响。”
旁白 neutral
" I suppose they are hunting," said Squire Trelawney
“我想他们是在打猎,”屈利劳尼乡绅说。
旁白 neutral
" Do you think they have enough to eat?"
“你觉得他们有足够的食物吗?”
旁白 neutral
" It doesn't matter now," replied Captain Smollett
“现在这已经不重要了,”斯莫利特船长回答道。
旁白 neutral
" We must leave them on the island. We cannot risk taking them with us."
“我们必须把他们留在岛上。我们不能冒险带他们走。”
旁白 neutral
" Good!" exclaimed Ben Gunn
“太好了!”本·冈恩叫道。
旁白 neutral
" I agree," Gray said with a nod
“我同意。”格雷点点头说。
旁白 neutral
" There's a good supply of gunpowder and shot, a few pounds of salted goat meat, and medicine," noted Dr. Livesey
“有充足的火药和子弹,几磅咸山羊肉,还有药,”利夫西医生指出,
旁白 neutral
" and other necessities — tools, clothing, a spare sail, and a mile or two of rope
“还有其他必需品——工具、衣物、一张备用帆,还有一两英里长的绳子。
旁白 neutral
We can also leave them some tobacco."
我们还可以给他们留些烟草。”
旁白 neutral
Not long after, the day came for us to leave the island
不久之后,我们离开小岛的日子到了。
旁白 neutral
" We've stowed all the gold on board, and we have enough water and goat meat," Gray reported
“我们已经把所有金子都装到船上了,水和山羊肉也够。”格雷报告说。
旁白 neutral
" It's a fine morning to pull up the anchor," said the squire
“今天早上天气不错,正好起锚。”乡绅说。
旁白 neutral
" And there's the Union Jack!" shouted the captain with a smile as we sailed out of North Inlet, flying the same flag we'd fought under at the stockade
“英国国旗就在那儿!”船长微笑着喊道,我们正驶出北汊湾,升起的正是我们在寨子里战斗时用的那面旗。
旁白 neutral
The three pirates must have been watching for us
那三个海盗肯定一直在注视着我们,
旁白 neutral
because as we sailed out to sea, they knelt together on the southern strip of sand and raised their arms." Don't abandon us!" they begged
因为当我们驶向大海时,他们一起跪在南面沙滩上,举起手臂。“别抛弃我们!”他们乞求道。
旁白 neutral
" It pains me to leave them, but we cannot risk another mutiny," declared the squire
“离开他们我很痛心,但我们不能冒险再发生一次叛乱,”乡绅说道。
旁白 neutral
" And to take them home to be hung at Execution Dock would be a cruel sort of kindness," said Captain Smollett
“而带他们回家在行刑码头绞死,也是一种残酷的仁慈,”斯摩利特船长说。
旁白 neutral
" We left food in the cave!" the doctor shouted to the pleading pirates
“我们在洞里留了食物!”医生对乞求的海盗们喊道。
旁白 neutral
" Dr. Livesey! Squire Trelawney! Captain Smollett!" they cried
“利夫西医生!特里劳尼乡绅!斯摩利特船长!”他们哭喊道。
旁白 neutral
" For God's sake! Be merciful! Don't leave us here to die!"
“看在上帝的份上!发发慈悲吧!别把我们扔在这里等死!”
旁白 neutral
At last, when they saw the Hispaniola wouldn't stop
最后,当他们看到伊斯帕尼奥拉号不会停下时,
旁白 neutral
one pirate put his musket to his shoulder and sent a shot whistling over Long John Silver's head and through the mainsail
一个海盗举起火枪,子弹呼啸着掠过朗·约翰·西尔弗的头顶,打穿了主帆。
旁白 neutral
After that, we kept our heads low, and when I looked out again, the island had melted out of sight
之后,我们都低下了头,等我再次往外看时,岛屿已消失不见了。
旁白 neutral
We headed for the nearest South American port to hire new sailors, and anchored in a beautiful landlocked gulf after sundown
我们驶向最近的南美港口,去招募新的水手,日落之后,船停泊在一个美丽的、被陆地环绕的海湾里。
旁白 neutral
The doctor, the squire, and I went ashore and had such fun that we didn't get back to the ship until early morning
医生、乡绅和我上了岸,玩得非常开心,直到第二天清晨才回到船上。
旁白 neutral
As soon as we returned, Ben Gunn reported," Long John is gone
我们一回来,本·冈恩就报告说:“朗·约翰不见了。
旁白 neutral
I helped him escape in a shore boat to save your lives
是我帮他用一艘岸边的小船逃走的,为了救你们的命。
旁白 neutral
You were all in danger if that man stayed aboard."
如果那个人留在船上,你们所有人都会有危险。”
旁白 neutral
" I suppose we should thank you," the squire said." Is that all?"
“我想我们应该谢谢你,”乡绅说,“就这些了吗?”
旁白 neutral
" No," he admitted." He didn't go empty-handed. He took a sack of gold coins."
“不,”他承认道,“他不是空手走的。他拿走了一袋金币。”
旁白 neutral
We looked at each other
我们面面相觑。
旁白 neutral
" Actually, I'm glad we got rid of him so cheaply," said the doctor
“事实上,这么便宜就甩掉了他,我很高兴,”医生说。
旁白 neutral
We hired some new men and made good time home to Bristol
我们雇了一些新人,一路顺风地回到了布里斯托尔。
旁白 neutral
" Mr. Blandly will just be thinking of coming after us," said Squire Trelawney as we landed
“布兰德利先生大概正想着要来找我们呢,”我们上岸时,特里劳尼乡绅说。
旁白 neutral
" Of all those who sailed, only five men returned," observed the captain
“所有出海的人中,只有五个人回来了,”船长评论道。
旁白 neutral
Dr. Livesey nodded."'Drink and the devil had done for the rest,' most definitely."
利夫西医生点点头:“‘酒和魔鬼要了其他人的命,’ 这话一点不假。”
旁白 neutral
" Not quite as bad as that other ship they sang about," I said
“倒不像他们唱的那另一艘船那么惨,”我说。
旁白 neutral
"'But one of her crew was still alive, of the ship that sailed with seventy-five.'"
“‘那艘载着七十五人出海的船,只有一名船员活了下来。’”
旁白 neutral
All of us got an ample share of the treasure and used it wisely or foolishly, according to our natures
我们每个人都分到了丰厚的一份财宝,有的用得明智,有的用得糊涂,全凭各人本性。
旁白 neutral
Captain Smollett retired from the sea. Gray saved his money, and he's now part owner of a fine ship, married, and the father of a big family
斯莫列特船长从海上退休了。格雷攒下了他的钱,现在是一艘好船的合伙人之一,结了婚,还成了一大群孩子的父亲。
旁白 neutral
Ben Gunn spent or lost all his money within three weeks
本·冈恩在三个星期内就花光或弄丢了他所有的钱。
旁白 neutral
He ended up in a small village and he still lives there, singing in the church every Sunday and on holidays
他最终落脚在一个小村庄里,至今还住在那里,每个星期天和节假日都会在教堂里唱歌。
旁白 neutral
We heard no more of Long John Silver
我们再也没听到过朗·约翰·西尔弗的消息。
旁白 neutral
He probably met up with his wife and perhaps still lives with her in comfort
他很可能和他的妻子团聚了,也许至今还和她舒适地生活在一起。
旁白 neutral
As I said at the beginning of my tale, there is still treasure on that island, so I won't reveal the location
正如我在故事开头所说,那座岛上还有财宝,所以我不会透露它的位置。
旁白 neutral
All the bars of silver that remain on Treasure Island are where Flint buried them
留在金银岛上所有的银条,都还在弗林特埋藏它们的地方。
旁白 neutral
But the devil himself could not drag me back to that cursed place
但就算是魔鬼本人,也休想把我拖回那个被诅咒的地方。
旁白 neutral
I still have nightmares whenever I hear the booming of the surf on the coast
直到现在,每当我听到海岸边隆隆的涛声,我仍会做噩梦,
旁白 neutral
and then I sit upright in bed with the sharp voice of the parrot ringing in my ears: " Pieces of eight! Pieces of eight!"
然后我会猛地从床上坐起,耳边回响着那只鹦鹉尖锐的叫声:“八里亚尔!八里亚尔!”