E33 · Episodes
033 首领的覆灭
首领的覆灭
Little Fox Level 7 · Treasure Island · Episode 33 — 首领的覆灭.
69 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
Each man looked as if he'd been punched, but with Long John, the shock seemed to pass almost instantly
每个人看上去都像是挨了一拳,但朗·约翰的震惊似乎转瞬即逝。
旁白 neutral
" Jim," he whispered, passing me a pistol," stand by for trouble and stick close."
“吉姆,”他低声说,递给我一把手枪,“准备好应付麻烦,跟紧我。”
旁白 neutral
" So you've changed sides again," I whispered back as I untied the rope around my waist. Long John didn't answer
“看来你又改变立场了。”我一边解开腰间的绳子,一边低声回应。朗·约翰没有回答。
旁白 neutral
Jumping into the pit one by one, the pirates threw the boards aside and began digging with their fingers
海盗们一个接一个跳进坑里,把木板扔到一边,开始用手指挖掘。
旁白 neutral
Tom Morgan found one small gold coin
汤姆·摩根找到了一枚小小的金币。
旁白 neutral
" One stinking coin!" he shouted, as he tossed it to the nearest man
“就一枚臭金币!”他喊道,把它扔给了最近的人。
旁白 neutral
" Is that all?" George Merry roared." That's our seven hundred thousand dollars' worth of gold?"
“就这些?”乔治·梅里咆哮道。“这就是价值七十万美元的黄金?”
旁白 neutral
" Dig away, boys," Long John said coolly, moving so that we were atop the steeper, harder-to-climb side of the pit
“接着挖吧,伙计们,”朗·约翰冷静地说,一边移动,好让我们待在坑边更陡、更难爬的那一侧上方。
旁白 neutral
" You'll find some tasty nuts down there too, I bet."
“我打赌,你们还能在下面找到些美味的坚果呢。”
旁白 neutral
" Nuts!" George Merry screamed. He pointed accusingly at Long John
“坚果!”乔治·梅里尖叫起来。他指责地指向朗·约翰。
旁白 neutral
" He knew the treasure was gone the whole time!"
“他早就知道宝藏没了!”
旁白 neutral
The pirates scrambled out, and there we stood — Long John and I on one side of the pit, the five angry pirates on the other
海盗们爬了出来,我们就这样站着——高个约翰和我在坑的一边,五个愤怒的海盗在另一边。
旁白 neutral
" Mates," George Merry said," that swab brought us to this miserable island!
“伙计们,”乔治·梅里说,“那个蠢货把我们带到这个破岛上!
旁白 neutral
Let's kill him and his young friend!"
我们杀了他和他那年轻的同伙!”
旁白 neutral
He raised his arm to signal the others to charge
他抬起手臂示意其他人冲上去。
旁白 neutral
But just then — crack! crack! crack! — three musket shots flashed out of some nearby trees, and George Merry tumbled headfirst into the pit
但就在这时——砰!砰!砰!——附近树林里闪出三声枪响,乔治·梅里一头栽进了坑里。
旁白 neutral
The man with the bandage spun like a top and fell dead. The other three turned and ran
那个头上缠绷带的人像陀螺一样转了一圈,倒地死了。其余三人转身就跑。
旁白 neutral
Long John took out his pistol and fired two shots into George Merry as he struggled to get out of the pit
高个约翰掏出手枪,朝正挣扎着爬出坑的乔治·梅里开了两枪。
旁白 neutral
" George, I reckon I've settled with you."
“乔治,我想我跟你把账算清了。”
旁白 neutral
The doctor, Abe Gray, and Ben Gunn emerged from the trees with smoking muskets
医生、艾布·格雷和本·冈恩从树林里走了出来,手里的枪还冒着烟。
旁白 neutral
" Hurry, lads," commanded Dr. Livesey." We have to beat them to the boats!"
“快点,小伙子们,”利夫西医生命令道,“我们得赶在他们前面到小船那儿去!”
旁白 neutral
We set off at a fast pace, plunging into the woods, as Long John hobbled on his crutch behind us
我们快步出发,冲入树林,朗·约翰拄着拐杖在我们后头一瘸一拐地跟着。
旁白 neutral
His strength as he tried to keep up was astounding; he never stopped, even though his chest must have felt ready to burst
他竭力追赶的劲儿让人吃惊;他片刻不停,尽管胸口一定感觉快要炸开了。
旁白 neutral
" Doctor! Wait!" Long John called when we finally paused for a moment
“医生!等等!”当我们终于停下歇口气时,朗·约翰喊道。
旁白 neutral
From the plateau, we could see the three pirates running toward Mizzen Hill
从高地上,我们可以看见那三个海盗正朝米增山跑去,
旁白 neutral
and since we were closer to the boats than they were, we waited until Long John caught up
而我们比他们离小船更近,于是我们等朗·约翰赶上来。
旁白 neutral
" Thank you, Doctor! You came in the nick of time," Long John said." So it was you, Ben Gunn!"
“谢谢你,医生!你来得正是时候,”朗·约翰说,“原来是你,本·冈恩!”
旁白 neutral
" Yes," replied the marooned man, embarrassed." How are you, Mr. Silver?"
“是的,”那个被困荒岛的人不好意思地回答,“你好吗,西尔弗先生?”
旁白 neutral
" Ben, Ben," Silver murmured." Good to see you, mate."
“本,本,”西尔弗低声说,“见到你真高兴,伙计。”
旁白 neutral
" Gray," the doctor said," run back and bring us one of the pickaxes they left behind."
“格雷,”医生说,“跑回去,拿一把他们落下的鹤嘴锄来。”
旁白 neutral
As we proceeded to the boats, the doctor told the story of the missing treasure
往小船走去的路上,医生讲述了宝藏失踪的来龙去脉。
旁白 neutral
" Ben Gunn's our hero. He found the skeleton
“本·冈恩是我们的大功臣。他找到了骸骨。
旁白 neutral
He found the treasure, dug it up, and carried it on his back from that tall pine to his cave
找到了宝藏,挖了出来,又从那棵大松树背到了他的山洞里。
旁白 neutral
It's been there for over two months."
宝藏已经在那儿两个多月了。”
旁白 neutral
Bashful, Ben Gunn kept his head down as we walked
本·冈恩害羞地低着头,一路跟着走。
旁白 neutral
" I got this secret out of Ben after the attack at the stockade
“寨子遇袭之后,我从本那里套出了这个秘密。
旁白 neutral
The next morning, when I saw the ship was gone, I gave the useless map and possession of the stockade to Silver
第二天早晨,发现船不见了,我就把那张没用的地图和寨子都交给了西尔弗。
旁白 neutral
We moved to the safety of Ben Gunn's cave to guard the money
我们搬到了本·冈恩安全的山洞里看守财宝。
旁白 neutral
" As for you, Jim," the doctor continued," I knew you would suffer when the pirates discovered the treasure was gone
“至于你,吉姆,”医生接着说,“我知道海盗们发现宝藏没了,你肯定会吃苦头。
旁白 neutral
So I left the squire to guard the captain in the cave, while Gray, Ben Gunn, and I raced to the tall pine
所以我让乡绅在山洞里守着船长,我和格雷、本·冈恩就赶紧往大松树那边赶。
旁白 neutral
But you and the others were too fast
可你们和其他人跑得太快了。
旁白 neutral
So Ben Gunn ran ahead and played the part of Flint's ghost, which delayed matters until Gray and I could get into position."
于是本·冈恩先跑过去,扮成弗林特的鬼魂,把事情拖到格雷和我能就位为止。”
旁白 neutral
" Lucky for me Hawkins was there," said Long John." You would have let them cut me to bits."
“幸好霍金斯在那儿,”朗·约翰说,“不然你们就任他们把我剁成肉酱了。”
旁白 neutral
" Without a doubt," Dr. Livesey agreed cheerily
“毫无疑问。”利夫西医生乐呵呵地附和道。
旁白 neutral
We reached the boats, and the doctor, with the pickax Gray had, demolished one of them
我们来到小船边,医生用格雷带来的鹤嘴锄捣毁了其中一条。
旁白 neutral
We boarded the other and set out for North Inlet to check on the ship
我们登上另一条,朝北湾划去,好去查看大船。
旁白 neutral
As we passed Rum Cove, we saw someone on shore outside Ben Gunn's cave
经过朗姆湾时,我们看到本·冈恩的洞外岸上站着个人。
旁白 neutral
" It's the squire!" I waved and started cheering: " Hip! Hip! — "
“是乡绅!”我挥着手,欢呼起来:“嗨!嗨!——”
旁白 neutral
" Hooray!" we all shouted
“好哇!”我们齐声高喊。
旁白 neutral
We finally sailed just inside the mouth of North Inlet, and there was the Hispaniola
我们终于划进北湾口内,伊斯班袅拉号就在那里。
旁白 neutral
" The tide lifted her!" I cried." She's standing straight as ever."
“潮水把她托起来了!”我叫道,“她笔直地立着,和往常一样。”
旁白 neutral
" There's a problem with the mainsail," Gray said." But she'll get us home
“主帆有点毛病,”格雷说,“不过她能带我们回家。
旁白 neutral
After I drop you off at Rum Cove, I'll go back to the ship."
我把你们送到朗姆湾后,就回船上。”
旁白 neutral
So we rowed back to the cave. The squire came out to greet us, saying," I'm glad you're safe, Jim."
于是我们划回洞那儿。乡绅出来迎接我们,说:“吉姆,你平安无事,我真高兴。”
旁白 neutral
Long John saluted politely
朗·约翰礼貌地敬了个礼。
旁白 neutral
Trelawney gave him an angry look." You're a villain and an impostor
特里劳尼瞪了他一眼,怒道:“你是个恶棍,是个骗子。
旁白 neutral
I was told not to prosecute you, so I won't
人家叫我不追究你,我就不追究。
旁白 neutral
But those dead men will haunt you."
可那些死人会缠着你的。”
旁白 neutral
We entered the large, airy cave, and before a big fire lay Captain Smollett
我们走进宽敞通风的大山洞,一堆旺火前躺着斯莫列特船长。
旁白 neutral
In a far corner, shining in the firelight, were great heaps of coins and gold bars
远处角落里,在火光下闪闪发亮的,是一大堆一大堆的金币和金条。
旁白 neutral
" I know of seventeen men who died for that," I thought
“我听说有十七个人为这个送了命。”我心想。
旁白 neutral
" And how many more? How much blood, sorrow, and cruelty was involved? No one alive can tell."
“还会多出多少人?这背后有多少流血、悲伤和残酷?活下来的人谁也说不上。”
旁白 neutral
" You're a good boy, Jim," the captain said," but I don't think you and I will go to sea again
“你是个好孩子,吉姆,”船长说,“可我觉得你我不会再出海了。
旁白 neutral
Is that you, John Silver? What brings you here, man?"
是你吗,约翰·希尔弗?你来这儿做什么,伙计?”
旁白 neutral
" I've come back to do my duty, sir," replied Silver
“我回来尽我的职责,先生。”希尔弗答道。
旁白 neutral
" Ah!" was all the captain said
“啊!”船长就说了这一个字。
旁白 neutral
That night, we dined on Ben Gunn's salted goat meat, with fruit and wine from the Hispaniola
那天晚上,我们吃了本·冈恩腌的山羊肉,还有从伊斯班袅拉号上取来的水果和酒。
旁白 neutral
" No one has ever been happier," I declared," than we are right now."
“从来没有人,”我大声说,“比此时此刻的我们更快乐了。”
旁白 neutral
And there was Silver in the corner, eating heartily and joining quietly in our laughter — the same eager-to-please seaman I'd met in Bristol
希尔弗待在角落里,吃得津津有味,还静静地跟着我们笑——还是我在布里斯托尔遇到的那个急于讨好的水手。