Level 6 · 瑞士家庭鲁滨逊
🎬

E24 · Episodes

024 陌生人的故事

陌生人的故事

Little Fox Level 6 · The Swiss Family Robinson · Episode 24 — 陌生人的故事.

70 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

Fritz looked at me intently. I realized he was signaling me to keep quiet

弗里茨专注地看着我。我意识到他是在示意我保持安静。

旁白 neutral

Apparently the young woman was not yet ready to reveal her identity

显然,这位年轻女子还没准备好透露她的身份。

旁白 neutral

The boys ran down to the sailboat for the things we needed to make camp

孩子们跑到帆船那边,去拿我们扎营需要的东西。

旁白 neutral

While my wife hurried to prepare supper, my sons entertained the stranger

我妻子忙着准备晚餐,我的儿子们则陪着这位陌生人聊天解闷。

旁白 neutral

By the time we sat down to supper, the young woman was laughing and chatting merrily

等我们坐下来吃晚餐时,这位年轻女子已经开心地有说有笑了。

旁白 neutral

But she never mentioned her past life or why she was dressed as a naval officer

但她从未提及她过去的生活,也没有解释她为什么穿着海军军官的制服。

旁白 neutral

We made up a bed for her on the sailboat

我们在帆船上为她铺了一张床。

旁白 neutral

When she retired for the night, Jack threw another log on our fire

等她回船就寝后,杰克又往我们的火堆里添了一根木柴。

旁白 neutral

" All right, Fritz," said Jack." Tell us where you found this jolly fellow

“好了,弗里茨,”杰克说,“告诉我们,你在哪儿找到这位快活的伙伴的?

旁白 neutral

Did you meet him by chance?

你是偶然遇见他的吗?”

旁白 neutral

Or did you go in search of him on your mysterious voyage?"

还是你在那次神秘的航行中是去寻找他?”

旁白 neutral

Fritz hesitated a moment, and then told the story of the message tied to the albatross

弗里茨犹豫了一下,然后讲述了信天翁腿上绑着字条的故事。

旁白 neutral

" When I left you, I paddled for two days

“我离开你们后,划了两天的船。

旁白 neutral

I was beginning to lose hope that I would find the Englishwoman."

我开始不抱希望能找到那位英国女士了。”

旁白 neutral

" That albatross could have flown hundreds of miles before it reached you," said Ernest

“那只信天翁可能飞了几百英里才到你这儿呢,”欧内斯特说。

旁白 neutral

" That's why I was discouraged," said Fritz

“所以我当时才那么沮丧,”弗里茨说。

旁白 neutral

" Finally a high section of land came into view

“终于,一片高耸的陆地出现在眼前。

旁白 neutral

When I rounded it, I found a calm and pleasant bay

我绕过它,发现了一个平静宜人的海湾。

旁白 neutral

And I saw a column of smoke rising from the rocky shore!

我还看到一股烟柱从岩石海岸升起!

旁白 neutral

I realized it was the ' smoking rock ' in the message."

我意识到这就是字条上说的‘冒烟的礁石’。”

旁白 neutral

" What did you do next?" asked Franz

“那你接下来做了什么?”弗兰茨问。

旁白 neutral

" As soon as I landed, I spotted Miss Montrose coming toward me."

我一上岸,就看见蒙罗斯小姐朝我走来。

旁白 neutral

" What?" cried Jack

“什么?”杰克叫道。

旁白 neutral

" Don't you mean Mister Montrose?" said Franz

“你不是说蒙罗斯先生吗?”弗兰茨说。

旁白 neutral

" Oh, Fritz," said Ernest." I guessed Edward Montrose was a young woman."

“哦,弗里茨,”厄内斯特说,“我猜到爱德华·蒙罗斯是个年轻女子了。”

旁白 neutral

" She's embarrassed that she doesn't have any proper clothing," Fritz explained

“她因为没有得体的衣服而感到难为情,”弗里茨解释说。

旁白 neutral

" I can take care of that as soon as we return to Rockburg," Mother said

“我们一回到洛克堡,我就能解决这个问题,”母亲说。

旁白 neutral

" Now please tell us her real name."

“现在请告诉我们她的真名。”

旁白 neutral

" Her name is Jenny Montrose," said Fritz

“她叫珍妮·蒙罗斯,”弗里茨说。

旁白 neutral

" She's the daughter of a British army officer, and she was born in India."

“她是一名英国军官的女儿,出生在印度。”

旁白 neutral

He continued with her story. Jenny's mother had died when she was three

他继续讲述她的故事。珍妮三岁时母亲就去世了。

旁白 neutral

After his wife's death, Colonel Montrose focused all his attention on Jenny

妻子去世后,蒙特罗斯上校把全部精力都倾注在珍妮身上。

旁白 neutral

She became an accomplished rider and shared his interest in the outdoors

她成为一名出色的骑手,也和他一样热爱户外活动。

旁白 neutral

When Colonel Montrose received orders to return to England, he sent Jenny ahead

蒙特罗斯上校接到返回英国的命令时,就先让珍妮出发了。

旁白 neutral

A storm hit her ship a week after it left India

船驶离印度一周后遭遇了暴风雨。

旁白 neutral

Everyone was forced to abandon ship and board the lifeboats

所有人被迫弃船,登上了救生艇。

旁白 neutral

All the lifeboats disappeared and finally Jenny's boat capsized

所有救生艇都消失了,最后珍妮的船也翻了。

旁白 neutral

She was the only person to reach shore

她是唯一游到岸边的人。

旁白 neutral

" From that moment three years ago, until I found her, she never saw another human being," said Fritz

“从三年前的那一刻起,直到我发现她,她再没见过其他任何人。”弗里茨说。

旁白 neutral

" She kept a fire burning, hoping to attract a passing ship

“她一直让火燃着,希望能引来过往的船只。

旁白 neutral

And she caught and tamed birds so that she could send messages with them."

她还捕捉并驯养鸟儿,好用它们来传递消息。”

旁白 neutral

He went on." She greeted me with tears in her eyes and said,' Thank goodness you have come at last!

他接着说。“她眼里含着泪水迎接我,说:‘感谢老天爷,你终于来了!

旁白 neutral

I've waited impatiently since the bird returned with your message.'"

自从鸟儿带回你的消息,我就一直焦急地等着。’”

旁白 neutral

" But how did she manage to live by herself for so many years?" asked my wife, full of concern

“可她一个人这么多年是怎么活下来的呀?”我妻子满心关切地问。

旁白 neutral

" She is quite clever," said Fritz

“她非常聪明,”弗里茨说。

旁白 neutral

" Some tools and a chest of navy uniforms washed ashore from the wreck

“一些工具和一个装着海军制服的箱子从沉船漂到了岸上。

旁白 neutral

With these she managed to build a hut on the ground and a safe sleeping place in a tree

靠这些,她想法子在地上搭了个小棚子,还在树上弄了个安全的睡觉地方。

旁白 neutral

She had also made bows, arrows, and fish hooks

她还自己做弓箭和鱼钩。

旁白 neutral

So she was able to provide food for herself."

这样她就能给自己弄吃的了。”

旁白 neutral

" She is a clever girl indeed," said my wife

“这姑娘确实能干,”我妻子说。

旁白 neutral

We went to sleep on board the sailboat that night

那天晚上,我们就在帆船上睡下了。

旁白 neutral

The next morning we all assembled for breakfast. I addressed Miss Montrose

第二天早上,我们聚在一起吃早饭。我对蒙特罗斯小姐说:

旁白 neutral

" There is no need to hide your identity," I said

“你没必要再隐瞒身份了,”我说。

旁白 neutral

" We welcome you just as you are."

“我们就欢迎你本来的样子。”

旁白 neutral

Jenny smiled." The boys were treating me differently this morning

珍妮笑了。“今天早上,男孩们对我的态度不一样了。

旁白 neutral

" So I thought you must have guessed my secret

“所以我猜,你们一定是知道了我的秘密。

旁白 neutral

I shouldn't be ashamed of these clothes

我也不该为这身衣服难为情。

旁白 neutral

In women's clothes I wouldn't have been able to manage all the work I had to do."

要是穿女装,我根本干不了那些必须做的活儿。”

旁白 neutral

After breakfast we started for Rockburg

吃过早饭,我们就朝岩堡出发了。

旁白 neutral

Fritz and Jack went ahead in the kayak

弗里茨和杰克划着皮划艇先走一步。

旁白 neutral

When we arrived, they led the way through the gardens, orchards, and shrubs

我们到的时候,他们带路穿过花园、果园和灌木丛。

旁白 neutral

Jenny was amazed when we arrived at Rockburg itself

等真的到了岩堡,珍妮惊叹不已。

旁白 neutral

" I cannot believe that all this exists!" She looked around in wonder

“真不敢相信这一切都是真的!”她惊奇地环顾四周。

旁白 neutral

Jack and Fritz had set the table outside and laid out a fine meal

杰克和弗里茨已经在外面摆好桌子,布置了一桌好饭菜。

旁白 neutral

There was even a vase of flowers on the table

桌上甚至还摆了一瓶花。

旁白 neutral

" Come inside and change before we eat," said my wife

“吃饭前,先进来换身衣服吧,”我妻子说。

旁白 neutral

When Jenny returned, she looked prettier than ever

等珍妮回来时,她看起来比任何时候都漂亮。

旁白 neutral

I motioned her to sit between my wife and me

我示意她坐在我和妻子中间。

旁白 neutral

Ernest and Franz also sat, but Fritz and Jack wanted to wait on us all

欧内斯特和弗朗兹也坐下了,可弗里茨和杰克却想在一旁伺候我们大家。

旁白 neutral

" What a perfect feast!" said Jenny with tears of joy in her eyes

“多棒的一顿宴席啊!”珍妮眼里闪着喜悦的泪花说。