Level 6 · 瑞士家庭鲁滨逊
🎬

E23 · Episodes

023 陌生人

陌生人

Little Fox Level 6 · The Swiss Family Robinson · Episode 23 — 陌生人.

76 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

After Fritz had added another seat to his kayak, we were ready to gather oysters

弗里茨给他的独木舟加了一个座位后,我们就准备去采牡蛎了。

旁白 neutral

Jack rode with Fritz in the kayak

杰克和弗里茨一起坐独木舟。

旁白 neutral

Mother and Franz stayed behind while Ernest joined me on the sailboat

妈妈和弗朗茨留了下来,欧内斯特跟我上了帆船。

旁白 neutral

We arrived in beautiful Pearl Bay, where we worked hard for two days

我们到达了美丽的珍珠湾,在那里辛苦劳作了两天。

旁白 neutral

The following morning Fritz led us out of the bay

第二天早上,弗里茨带着我们驶出了海湾。

旁白 neutral

Jack and Ernest were busy with the sails

杰克和欧内斯特忙着弄帆。

旁白 neutral

So they did not notice when Fritz waved to me and turned his kayak in the opposite direction

所以他们没注意到弗里茨朝我挥了挥手,然后把独木舟转向了相反的方向。

旁白 neutral

I watched him quickly vanish behind a point

我看着他很快消失在一处岬角后面。

旁白 neutral

" Where's Fritz?" Jack asked suddenly

“弗里茨去哪儿了?”杰克突然问道。

旁白 neutral

" He wanted to explore more of the coast," I said

“他想多探索一下海岸线,”我说。

旁白 neutral

" If he finds something interesting, he may be gone for two or three days."

“如果他发现了有趣的东西,可能会离开两三天。”

旁白 neutral

The boys accepted my explanation without question

孩子们毫不怀疑地接受了我的解释。

旁白 neutral

That evening we sailed into our own Safety Bay

那天晚上,我们驶入了自家那片安全湾。

旁白 neutral

Five days passed and Fritz still had not returned

五天过去了,弗里茨仍未归来。

旁白 neutral

I tried to hide my anxiety but finally decided that we should go looking for him

我尽量掩饰内心的焦虑,但最终决定大家该去找他。

旁白 neutral

Everyone was delighted at the idea

大家都对这个主意欣喜不已。

旁白 neutral

Even my wife agreed to accompany us in the sailboat

就连我的妻子也同意乘帆船同行。

旁白 neutral

Our beautiful little boat bounded over the water in the bright sunshine

在灿烂的阳光下,我们那艘美丽的小船轻快地划过水面。

旁白 neutral

We were almost at Pearl Bay when I saw a dark mass just under the water

我们快到珍珠湾时,我突然瞧见水下有一团黑影。

旁白 neutral

" That's a big rock," I said

“那是块大礁石,”我说。

旁白 neutral

" There's another one!" shouted Jack

“那儿还有一头!”杰克喊道。

旁白 neutral

" That rock is moving!" cried Franz

“那块礁石在动!”弗朗茨叫道。

旁白 neutral

" That's not a rock," said Ernest." That's a whale!"

“那不是礁石,”欧内斯特说,“是一头鲸鱼!”

旁白 neutral

We watched as the whales rose from the water around us

我们看着那些鲸鱼从我们四周的水中探出头来。

旁白 neutral

" They're coming up to breathe," Ernest explained

“它们浮上来是为了换气。”欧内斯特解释道。

旁白 neutral

Suddenly Jack grabbed my arm." Father, look over there. Near that rock."

突然,杰克抓住我的胳膊。“爸爸,快看那边。靠近那块礁石的地方。”

旁白 neutral

I glanced over just in time to see a native hiding his canoe behind a rock

我急忙瞥了一眼,正好看见一个原住民正在把他的独木舟藏到一块礁石后面。

旁白 neutral

The man stood up for a moment and peered intently at us

那人站了一会儿,专注地盯着我们看。

旁白 neutral

Then he ducked behind the rock

然后他就猫到礁石后面去了。

旁白 neutral

A moment later he came out and started paddling toward us

过了一会儿,他又出来,开始朝我们划过来。

旁白 neutral

" Hoist a white flag to show we're friendly," I ordered

"升起白旗表示我们的友好,"我命令道。

旁白 neutral

" And hand me the megaphone."

"再把扩音器递给我。"

旁白 neutral

I seized the megaphone and uttered the few friendly words I knew in the Malay language

我抓过扩音器,喊出了我所会的几句马来语表示的友好话语。

旁白 neutral

But neither my words nor the white flag produced the right effect

但无论是我的话语还是白旗,都没起到预想的效果。

旁白 neutral

The native turned his boat and headed back toward shore

那个原住民调转船头,朝岸边划回去了。

旁白 neutral

Jack lost patience and grabbed the megaphone

杰克失去了耐心,一把抢过扩音器。

旁白 neutral

" Come here and make friends with us or we'll — "

"过来和我们交个朋友,不然我们就——"

旁白 neutral

" Stop! Stop!" I cried

"停下!快停下!"我喊道。

旁白 neutral

" You will only alarm the man with your wild words and gestures."

"你这样乱喊乱动,只会吓着他。"

旁白 neutral

" But look, Father," said Jack." He's paddling straight for us again."

"可是您看呀,爸爸,"杰克说,"他又笔直地朝我们划过来了。"

旁白 neutral

" The villain has Fritz's kayak!" said Franz

"那个坏蛋抢走了弗里茨的独木舟!"弗朗茨喊道。

旁白 neutral

Among the boys only Ernest remained calm

男孩们之中,只有欧内斯特保持冷静。

旁白 neutral

He took the megaphone from Jack and addressed the man in the kayak

他从杰克手中拿过扩音器,对独木舟上的人喊话。

旁白 neutral

" Welcome aboard, Fritz!" he said

"欢迎上船,弗里茨!"他说道。

旁白 neutral

No sooner were the words out of his mouth than we all recognized Fritz

他话音刚落,我们全都认出了弗里茨。

旁白 neutral

In a few more minutes he was on board the sailboat

几分钟后,他登上了帆船。

旁白 neutral

Mother threw her arms around him as we peppered him with questions

母亲张开双臂抱住他,而我们则连珠炮似地追问起来。

旁白 neutral

" Where have you been?" asked Jack

"你到哪儿去了?"杰克问道。

旁白 neutral

" Why have you been gone so long?" asked Franz

"你为什么离开这么久?"弗朗茨问道。

旁白 neutral

" Why were you hiding from us?" demanded Ernest

"你为什么躲着我们?"欧内斯特追问道。

旁白 neutral

" Slow down." Fritz laughed

“慢一点。”弗里茨笑着说。

旁白 neutral

" I never dreamed you'd come after me in the sailboat

我做梦也没想到你们会坐帆船来找我。

旁白 neutral

I thought you must be Malay pirates

我还以为你们肯定是马来海盗呢。

旁白 neutral

When you addressed me in that language, I was sure you were pirates!

你用那种语言跟我说话的时候,我确信你们就是海盗!

旁白 neutral

But then I recognized Jack."

但接着我就认出了杰克。

旁白 neutral

" Do you know a good spot where we can anchor?" I asked

“你知道有什么可以停船的好地方吗?”我问道。

旁白 neutral

" I can lead you to an island where there is a splendid place to anchor."

“我可以带你们去一个岛,那里有个绝佳的停泊处。”

旁白 neutral

He gave me a glance full of meaning

他意味深长地看了我一眼。

旁白 neutral

" The island itself contains all sorts of interesting things."

“这个岛上本身就有各种各样有趣的东西。”

旁白 neutral

Now that I knew Fritz's expedition had succeeded, it was time to tell my wife

既然我知道弗里茨的探险成功了,是时候告诉我妻子了。

旁白 neutral

When she heard about the Englishwoman's message, she was almost overcome with emotion

当她听到那位英国女士的留言时,激动得几乎不能自已。

旁白 neutral

" Another human being — another woman! — here with us," she said

“另一个人类——另一个女人!——和我们在一起了。”她说道。

旁白 neutral

" But why didn't you tell me about her before this?"

“但为什么你之前不告诉我关于她的事?”

旁白 neutral

" I didn't want to raise your hopes until I was sure," I replied

“我不想在确定之前就让你空怀希望。”我回答道。

旁白 neutral

It was difficult to conceal our excitement from the boys, who sensed that something was about to happen

我们很难在男孩们面前掩饰兴奋之情,他们感觉到有什么事情要发生了。

旁白 neutral

As soon as the anchor was dropped, they eagerly sprang ashore

锚一抛下,他们就急切地跳上了岸。

旁白 neutral

We all followed Fritz in silence

我们都默默地跟着弗里茨。

旁白 neutral

Suddenly the trail ended in front of a shelter made of tree branches

突然,小路的尽头出现了一个用树枝搭成的棚屋。

旁白 neutral

A cheerful fire burned in front of it

棚屋前燃着一堆欢快的篝火。

旁白 neutral

Fritz dove into the shelter, leaving his brothers behind

弗里茨一头钻进棚屋,把他的弟弟们留在了身后。

旁白 neutral

In another moment he emerged, leading a small, handsome youth by the hand

不一会儿,他又出来了,手里牵着一位相貌英俊、身材矮小的年轻人。

旁白 neutral

From his clothing, the young man appeared to be an officer in the English navy

从衣着来看,这位年轻人似乎是英国海军的一名军官。

旁白 neutral

Radiant with joy, Fritz said," I would like to introduce Edward Montrose

弗里茨满脸喜悦地说:“我想向你们介绍爱德华·蒙罗斯。

旁白 neutral

Please welcome him into our family circle as a friend and a brother."

请欢迎他作为朋友和兄弟加入我们的家庭。”

旁白 neutral

I stared at the young man

我盯着这位年轻人。

旁白 neutral

For some reason the Englishwoman wanted us to think she was a man

出于某种原因,那位英国女士希望我们认为她是个男人。