E10 · Episodes
010 小帆船
小帆船
Little Fox Level 6 · The Swiss Family Robinson · Episode 10 — 小帆船.
68 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
Having provided bread for my family, I began to think again about the wreck and all the valuables on board
在为家人提供了面包之后,我再次开始思考那艘沉船和船上所有的贵重物品。
旁白 neutral
Most of all I wanted to acquire the beautiful little sailboat
我最想得到那艘漂亮的小帆船。
旁白 neutral
But I knew I would need a lot of help to do so
但我知道,要做到这一点我需要很多帮助。
旁白 neutral
I began to coax my wife to let me take all the boys except Franz
我开始哄劝妻子,让她允许我带上除弗朗茨之外的所有男孩。
旁白 neutral
" I'll consent to this," she finally said," but you must promise me one thing."
“我同意这个,”她终于说,“但你必须答应我一件事。”
旁白 neutral
" Anything," I said eagerly
“什么都行,”我急切地说。
旁白 neutral
" You'll never spend another night on that dangerous wreck."
“你再也不能在那艘危险的沉船上过夜了。”
旁白 neutral
" I promise."
“我保证。”
旁白 neutral
The three boys were delighted to go along
三个男孩很高兴能一起去。
旁白 neutral
At Safety Bay we fastened on our life preservers and stepped into the tub boat
在安全湾,我们系好救生衣,踏进了那艘澡盆船。
旁白 neutral
With the raft in tow, we steered straight for the wreck
拖着小筏,我们径直朝沉船驶去。
旁白 neutral
On board I directed the boys to collect some provisions and load the raft
上了船,我吩咐孩子们收集一些补给,装到小筏上。
旁白 neutral
Meanwhile I studied the sailboat parts, which were stowed in a small compartment in the hold
与此同时,我研究了帆船的部件,它们被存放在底舱的一个小隔间里。
旁白 neutral
The space was so narrow that it would be impossible to put the pieces together there
那地方太窄了,根本不可能把部件组装起来。
旁白 neutral
But the individual parts were so heavy that we couldn't move them to a bigger space
但每个单独的部件又太重了,我们没法把它们挪到更开阔的地方去。
旁白 neutral
" Room to work in, boys!
“孩子们,我们需要作业空间!
旁白 neutral
That's what we need first," I said when they came to see what I was doing
这是首要任务,”他们过来看我做什么时,我说道。
旁白 neutral
" Fetch axes and let's break down the walls around the sailboat."
“去拿斧头来,我们把帆船周围的舱壁拆掉。”
旁白 neutral
We worked hard, but as evening approached, we'd made little progress
我们干得很卖力,但夜幕降临时,进展却很小。
旁白 neutral
Leaving the wreck, we headed for Safety Bay
离开沉船,我们朝安全湾驶去。
旁白 neutral
Imagine our surprise when we found my wife and Franz waiting for us at Tentholm
你想象不到我们有多惊讶——我的妻子和弗朗茨竟在帐篷之家等着我们。
旁白 neutral
She had decided to live there while we worked on the wreck
她决定,我们在沉船上干活时,她就住在这里。
旁白 neutral
" That way you'll live nearer your work, and I won't lose sight of you," she said
她说:“这样你们就离工作地点更近,我也能一直看见你们。”
旁白 neutral
I was delighted by her plan
她的想法让我喜出望外。
旁白 neutral
" We'll work with great speed, so you may soon return to your beloved Falconhurst."
“我们会加紧干,这样你很快就能回到你心爱的鹰巢了。”
旁白 neutral
We spent our days clearing an open space around the sailboat
我们每天都忙着清理帆船周围的空地。
旁白 neutral
Then we worked on putting the parts together
然后,我们开始组装各个部件。
旁白 neutral
We started early and returned at night, always bringing valuable cargo from the old wreck
我们早出晚归,每次都会从那艘旧沉船上带回珍贵的物资。
旁白 neutral
At last the sailboat was ready to be launched
帆船终于准备就绪,可以下水了。
旁白 neutral
But it was still imprisoned within massive wooden walls
但它仍被巨大的木质结构困在里面。
旁白 neutral
We had been able to free the boat from its compartment, but we couldn't break through the ship's hull
我们已把船从隔间取出,却无法打破船壳。
旁白 neutral
Now it seemed that our work would end in failure and disappointment
如今看来,我们的努力将以失败和失望告终。
旁白 neutral
I was almost in despair when an idea suddenly came to me
我几乎绝望之际,忽然有了个主意。
旁白 neutral
I took a large cannon, filled it with gunpowder, and added a long fuse
我拿起一门大炮,填满火药,加了一根长引信。
旁白 neutral
Then I placed the cannon so that it would blow out the side of the ship when it exploded
然后把大炮安放在能炸开船舷的位置。
旁白 neutral
After the boys were in the tub boat, I lit the fuse
等男孩们坐上小桶船后,我点燃了引信。
旁白 neutral
My heart was pounding as I hurried after them
我心跳加速,急忙追上他们。
旁白 neutral
We sailed back to Safety Bay, where we began unloading the day's haul
我们驶回安全湾,开始卸下当天的收获。
旁白 neutral
No one noticed my anxiety as I waited for the sound of the explosion
没人察觉我等待爆炸声时的焦虑。
旁白 neutral
And then it came — a mighty roar! A grand burst of smoke!
然后它来了——一声巨响!一大股烟尘!
旁白 neutral
Terror-stricken, my wife and children looked first toward the sea and then at me
我的妻子和孩子们惊恐万分,先是望向大海,然后又看向我。
旁白 neutral
" Perhaps you left a light burning near some gunpowder," suggested my wife
“也许你在火药旁留了一盏没熄灭的灯,”妻子猜测道。
旁白 neutral
" That's possible," I said quietly." I'll go see what's happened
“有可能,”我平静地说。“我去看看发生了什么。
旁白 neutral
Will anyone come with me?"
有人愿意跟我来吗?”
旁白 neutral
The boys sprang into the tub boat
男孩们立刻跳进了那只澡盆小船。
旁白 neutral
The wreck looked the same from the side where we usually approached
从我们通常靠近的那一侧看,沉船看起来没什么两样。
旁白 neutral
But then we pulled around to the other side
但当我们绕到另一侧时。
旁白 neutral
There was a huge hole in the side of the ship, and the decks were torn apart
船的一侧出现了一个大洞,甲板也被撕裂了。
旁白 neutral
" Hurrah!" I cried." The sailboat is ours!"
“好哇!”我喊道。“帆船是我们的了!”
旁白 neutral
The boys looked at me in surprise
男孩们惊讶地看着我。
旁白 neutral
" You planned that explosion!" said Ernest
“是你策划了那场爆炸!”欧内斯特说。
旁白 neutral
" Yes, I did," I admitted." But let's not tell Mother or Franz
“是的,没错,”我承认道。“但我们先别告诉妈妈和弗朗茨。
旁白 neutral
I want them to be surprised when we sail into the bay."
我想等我们驶进海湾时,给他们一个惊喜。”
旁白 neutral
I had put rollers beneath the sailboat before the explosion
我在爆炸前就在帆船底下放好了滚轴。
旁白 neutral
So with levers and pulleys we were able to gently lower the boat into the water
于是我们借助杠杆和滑轮,顺利将船缓缓放低,进入水中。
旁白 neutral
The boys spent the next few days helping me rig the boat and mount the two little brass cannons
接下来的几天,男孩们帮我给船装配索具,还安装好两门小小的黄铜炮。
旁白 neutral
Casting off from the wreck and spreading our sail, we began our voyage
我们解开系在沉船上的缆绳,升起帆,开始了航行。
旁白 neutral
The sailboat glided swiftly through the water. I stood at the helm
帆船在水中轻快地滑行。我站在舵柄旁。
旁白 neutral
Ernest and Jack manned the cannons while Fritz gave the signal
欧内斯特和杰克操作大炮,弗里茨发出信号。
旁白 neutral
" Fire!" he cried
“开炮!”他喊道。
旁白 neutral
Bang! Bang! The sound of the cannons echoed among the cliffs, followed by our happy shouts
砰!砰!炮声在悬崖间回荡,接着传来我们快乐的呼喊声。
旁白 neutral
My wife and Franz greeted us onshore. Fritz helped them to come aboard
妻子和弗朗茨在岸上迎接我们。弗里茨扶着她们登上船。
旁白 neutral
" I don't know whether to scold you or praise you," said Mother breathlessly
“我真不知道该责怪你们,还是该夸奖你们,”妈妈气喘吁吁地说。
旁白 neutral
" First I was startled by the sight of this strange boat
“一开始看到这艘陌生的船,我吓了一跳。
旁白 neutral
Then I heard the cannons. If I hadn't recognized your shouts — "
然后我听到了炮声。要不是我听出了你们的叫喊声——”
旁白 neutral
" But do you like our sailboat?" interrupted Jack
“不过你喜欢我们的帆船吗?”杰克打断了她。
旁白 neutral
" I do indeed, you dear, horrid, wonderful boys." My wife gave Jack a hug
“我当然喜欢啦,你们这群可爱、淘气又了不起的孩子们。”妻子拥抱了杰克。
旁白 neutral
" But don't you ever scare me like that again!"
“不过你们可再也别那样吓我了!”