Level 6 · 单集故事
🎬

E56 · Episodes

056 垃圾不要浪费

垃圾不要浪费

Little Fox Level 6 · Single Stories · Episode 56 — 垃圾不要浪费.

71 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

There once was a boy named Thomas who lived just down the street in the house with the red bricks

从前有个叫托马斯的男孩,就住在街那头红砖砌成的房子里。

旁白 neutral

Thomas didn't care about the environment, and he never recycled his garbage

托马斯不关心环境,也从不回收垃圾。

旁白 neutral

One day an old wizard smelled an awful stench while he was working in his basement

一天,一位老巫师在地下室工作时,闻到一股难闻的臭味。

旁白 neutral

He walked upstairs and outside and kept following the scent until he found himself in front of Thomas' house

他走上楼,来到外面,顺着气味一路找,最终来到了托马斯家门前。

旁白 neutral

He stopped out front and looked at the garbage piled up on the curb

他在门前停下,看到路边堆满了垃圾。

旁白 neutral

He shook his head with disgust and said," Look at all this trash!

他厌恶地摇摇头,说:“看看这些垃圾!

旁白 neutral

Thomas must learn that he should not waste his garbage."

托马斯必须明白,他不该浪费垃圾。”

旁白 neutral

The wizard pulled out his wand and put a spell on Thomas' house

巫师抽出魔杖,对托马斯的房子施了个咒语。

旁白 neutral

Now, every time Thomas threw away good garbage, it would talk to him

现在,每当托马斯丢掉好的垃圾,它就会对他说话。

旁白 neutral

The spell would not go away until Thomas stopped wasting his garbage

除非托马斯停止浪费垃圾,否则咒语不会消失。

旁白 neutral

That night Thomas noticed a mistake after he printed his homework

那天晚上,托马斯打印完作业后发现了一个错误。

旁白 neutral

Without thinking he threw the paper into the trash

他想都没想就把那张纸扔进了垃圾桶。

旁白 neutral

" Hey! What are you doing?" said a voice

“嘿!你在干什么?”一个声音说。

旁白 neutral

" Who said that?" Thomas asked

“谁在说话?”托马斯问。

旁白 neutral

It was the paper!" You are wasting me! I am not garbage," it said

是那张纸!“你在浪费我!我不是垃圾,”它说。

旁白 neutral

" Yes, you are!" Thomas pointed." There is a mistake printed on you."

“你就是!”托马斯指着纸说。“你上面有个地方印错了。”

旁白 neutral

" Look at me. I still have one blank side," said the paper

“看看我。我还有一面是空白的,”纸说。

旁白 neutral

" What can I do with that?"

“那我能用它做什么呢?”

旁白 neutral

" You could draw a picture. You could write a note

你可以画幅画。你可以写张便条。

旁白 neutral

You could play a game. You could do your math homework."

你可以玩游戏。你可以做你的数学作业。”

旁白 neutral

" Wow! I never thought about it before," said Thomas

“哇!我以前从没想过这个,”托马斯说。

旁白 neutral

" Well, you should start thinking about it more often

“嗯,你该多想想这件事。”

旁白 neutral

I am precious," the paper explained." A tree had to die to make me

“我很珍贵,”纸解释说。“一棵树得死去才能制成我。”

旁白 neutral

Don't waste a tree by throwing me away! You must learn to recycle."

“别把我扔掉,浪费一棵树!你必须学会回收利用。”

旁白 neutral

The next day Thomas went to the kitchen to make his lunch

第二天,托马斯去厨房做午餐。

旁白 neutral

He ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a glass of milk

他吃了一个花生酱果酱三明治,喝了一杯牛奶。

旁白 neutral

Then he put the empty peanut butter jar into the garbage

然后他把空花生酱罐子扔进了垃圾桶。

旁白 neutral

" Excuse me! Take me out of here right now!" said the jar

“打扰一下!马上把我从这儿拿出去!”罐子说。

旁白 neutral

" Why? You're garbage," said Thomas

“为什么?你是垃圾啊,”托马斯说。

旁白 neutral

" No, I am not! You can use me for something else."

“不,我不是!你可以用我做别的事。”

旁白 neutral

" Something else? Like what?"

“还能装别的?比如呢?”

旁白 neutral

" I can hold your marbles. I can hold your pennies. I can hold your candy

“我可以装你的弹珠。我可以装你的硬币。我可以装你的糖果。

旁白 neutral

I can hold many small treasures," the jar answered

我可以装好多小宝贝呢。”罐子回答说。

旁白 neutral

Thomas' head was spinning with ideas

托马斯的脑海里冒出了各种想法。

旁白 neutral

This was the strangest thing that had ever happened to him. Talking garbage!

这是他碰见过最离奇的事了。会说话的垃圾!

旁白 neutral

But he agreed that the jar was very useful, so he put it in a safe place

但他承认这个罐子挺有用的,就把它放在了一个安全的地方。

旁白 neutral

Later that day, Thomas ate some oranges and threw the orange peels into the trash can. It happened again

那天晚些时候,托马斯吃了几个橘子,把橘子皮扔进了垃圾桶。同样的事情又发生了。

旁白 neutral

This time the peels started to talk." Stop! We do not belong in here."

这次橘子皮开口说话了。“住手!我们不该待在这里。”

旁白 neutral

" Why not? You're definitely garbage!" said Thomas

“为什么不行?你们绝对是垃圾!”托马斯说。

旁白 neutral

" There is no way I can reuse you. You would smell bad."

“我怎么可能重复用你们,你们会发臭的。”

旁白 neutral

" No, we are very special garbage

“不,我们是很特别的垃圾。

旁白 neutral

We go into the compost bin," said the peels

我们要进堆肥箱。”橘子皮们说。

旁白 neutral

" What is a compost bin?" asked Thomas

“什么是堆肥箱?”托马斯问。

旁白 neutral

" A compost bin is a special box where you put all your vegetable and fruit scraps

“堆肥箱是一个特殊的箱子,你把所有蔬菜水果残余放进去。

旁白 neutral

In the spring, you put us into your garden, and we help your flowers grow."

春天的时候,你把我们放进花园里,我们帮助你的花朵生长。”

旁白 neutral

Thomas did not understand why his garbage was talking all of a sudden, but he started to understand what it was saying

托马斯不明白为什么他的垃圾突然说起话来,但他开始理解它说的话了。

旁白 neutral

He took the orange peels out of the trash can and put them into the compost bin

他把橘子皮从垃圾桶里拿出来,放进了堆肥箱。

旁白 neutral

The next morning, while Thomas was getting dressed, he accidentally ripped his shirt as he pulled it over his head

第二天早上,托马斯穿衣服的时候,把衬衫套过头时不小心撕破了。

旁白 neutral

Since it was an old shirt, he took it off and threw it into the garbage

因为这是件旧衬衫,他脱下来扔进了垃圾桶。

旁白 neutral

" Where am I going?" asked the shirt

“我要去哪里?”衬衫问。

旁白 neutral

" You are an old ripped shirt, so you are going into the garbage

“你是一件破旧的衬衫,所以你要进垃圾桶了。”

旁白 neutral

I'm sorry, but there is nothing I can do with you," said Thomas

“对不起,但我拿你没办法了,”托马斯说。

旁白 neutral

" You are wrong, Thomas! You can use me as a rag. I can wash the floor

“你错了,托马斯!你可以把我当抹布用。我能擦地板。

旁白 neutral

I can clean your bike," explained the shirt

还能擦你的自行车,”衬衫解释道。

旁白 neutral

Thomas was amazed. It seemed that everything that used to be garbage still had a job to do─even orange peels and ripped clothes!

托马斯很惊讶。似乎所有曾经是垃圾的东西都还有用——哪怕是橘子皮和破衣服!

旁白 neutral

He had a whole new understanding of his trash

他对自己的垃圾有了全新的认识。

旁白 neutral

Thomas learned a lot from the talking garbage

托马斯从会说话的垃圾那里学到了很多。

旁白 neutral

He did not want to cause environmental problems anymore

他再也不想造成环境问题了。

旁白 neutral

That afternoon he went around the house and looked in all of the garbage bins

那天下午,他在家里转了一圈,查看了所有的垃圾桶。

旁白 neutral

He found everything that he could reuse and put it all in a special place with the rest of his treasures

他找出了所有可以重复使用的东西,把它们和他其他的宝贝一起放在了一个特别的地方。

旁白 neutral

The next week Thomas' garbage bag was very small

接下来的一周,托马斯的垃圾袋非常小。

旁白 neutral

Even the garbage man was impressed when he came to pick it up

连收垃圾的人来收的时候都留下了深刻印象。

旁白 neutral

Thomas had saved all of the used paper, all of the empty bottles, and all of his old clothes

托马斯攒下了所有用过的纸、所有的空瓶子和所有的旧衣服。

旁白 neutral

He had even made compost out of his fruits and vegetables!

他甚至用水果和蔬菜做了堆肥!

旁白 neutral

There was hardly anything to throw away

几乎没什么东西要扔了。

旁白 neutral

However, the garbage man was not the only person who was amazed by Thomas' new habit

然而,感到惊讶的不只是收垃圾的人。

旁白 neutral

The old wizard had also seen the small bag of garbage on the curb that day

老巫师那天也看到了路边那一小袋垃圾。

旁白 neutral

During the night, when everyone was asleep, he walked by Thomas' house enjoying the fresh air

夜里,当大家都睡着的时候,他路过托马斯的家,享受着清新的空气。

旁白 neutral

He smiled and laughed as he looked toward the house

他望着房子,开心地笑了。

旁白 neutral

" Ha-ha! Thomas, you have learned your lesson

“哈哈!托马斯,你学到教训了。

旁白 neutral

You have learned to save your garbage, so I will remove the spell from your house."

你学会了节约垃圾,所以我要解除你家的咒语。”