Level 6 · 秘密花园
🎬

E24 · Episodes

024 日落前

日落前

Little Fox Level 6 · The Secret Garden · Episode 24 — 日落前.

69 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

Mary went to fetch Ben Weatherstaff and bring him into the garden to meet Colin

玛丽去接本·韦瑟斯塔夫,把他带到花园里见科林。

旁白 neutral

The main thing to remember, she told him, was that Colin was getting well

她告诉他,要记住的主要一点是科林正在好转。

旁白 neutral

The garden was making him well

花园让他好起来了。

旁白 neutral

No one needed to remind him about lumps or dying

没人需要再提醒他关于肿块或死亡的事了。

旁白 neutral

Meanwhile Colin was determined to be standing when Ben entered the garden

与此同时,科林下定决心,在本走进花园时他要站着。

旁白 neutral

" I'm going to walk to that tree," he said to Dickon

“我要走到那棵树那里去,”他对迪肯说。

旁白 neutral

" I can lean against it if I get tired, but I'll still be standing."

“如果我累了,可以靠着它,但我还是会站着。”

旁白 neutral

Dickon nodded." I told you that you could stand as soon as you stopped being afraid."

迪肯点了点头。“我告诉过你,只要你不再害怕,你就能站起来。”

旁白 neutral

" I'm not afraid anymore." Colin suddenly thought of something

“我不再害怕了。”科林突然想到了什么。

旁白 neutral

" Are you making some magic that's helping me stand?"

“你是在施展某种魔法帮我站起来吗?”

旁白 neutral

Dickon grinned." You're making that magic yourself

迪康咧嘴笑了。"那魔法是你自己创造的。

旁白 neutral

It's the same magic that makes these flowers work their way out of the dirt."

跟让这些花儿从土里长出来的是同一种魔法。"

旁白 neutral

He touched a clump of crocuses with his foot

他用脚碰了碰一丛番红花。

旁白 neutral

Just then Ben and Mary came through the door in the wall

就在这时,本和玛丽穿过了墙上的门。

旁白 neutral

" Look at me, Weatherstaff," ordered Colin, standing tall by the tree

"看着我,韦瑟斯塔夫,"科林在树旁站得笔直,命令道。

旁白 neutral

" Am I a hunchback? Do I have crooked legs?"

"我是驼背吗?我的腿是弯的吗?"

旁白 neutral

" No, sir."

"不是,少爷。"

旁白 neutral

" Everyone thinks I'm going to die, but I'm not."

"人人都以为我快死了,但我不会。"

旁白 neutral

Ben looked him up and down." You have too much spirit to die

本上下打量了他一番。"你太有活力了,死不了的。

旁白 neutral

I saw that when you put your feet on the ground in such a hurry

你那么急着把脚踩在地上时,我就看出来了。"

旁白 neutral

Now sit down and give me your orders."

现在坐下,给我下命令吧。

旁白 neutral

Dickon spread a blanket on the ground, and helped Colin to sit

迪康在地上铺了条毯子,扶着科林坐下。

旁白 neutral

The others gathered around him

其他人围在他身边。

旁白 neutral

" What work do you do in the gardens, Weatherstaff?" asked Colin

科林问:“韦瑟斯塔夫,你在花园里做什么工作?”

旁白 neutral

" Anything I'm told to do," replied Ben

本回答:“让我做什么我就做什么。”

旁白 neutral

" I still work here because your mother liked me."

“我仍然在这里工作,因为你母亲喜欢我。”

旁白 neutral

" My mother?" Colin looked around." This was her garden, wasn't it?"

“我母亲?”科林环顾四周,“这是她的花园,不是吗?”

旁白 neutral

" Yes, and she was very fond of it."

“是的,她非常喜欢它。”

旁白 neutral

" It's my garden now, and I'm fond of it too

“现在它是我的花园,我也很喜欢。

旁白 neutral

I'm going to come here every day," announced Colin

我以后每天都要来这里。”科林宣布。

旁白 neutral

" But it's to be a secret

“但这件事要保密。

旁白 neutral

Mary and Dickon have worked hard to make the garden come alive

玛丽和迪肯费了很大力气让花园活了过来。

旁白 neutral

I'll send for you sometimes to help, but you must come when no one can see you."

我有时会叫你来帮忙,但你得在没人看见的时候来。”

旁白 neutral

Ben smiled." I've come here before and no one saw me."

本笑了。“我以前来过这儿,没人看见我。”

旁白 neutral

" What! When?" Colin asked

“什么!什么时候?”科林问。

旁白 neutral

" The last time was about two years ago."

“上一次大概是两年前。”

旁白 neutral

" But how did you get in? No one knew where the key was buried," said Colin

“可你怎么进来的?没人知道钥匙埋在哪儿。”科林说。

旁白 neutral

" I came over the wall. But my aching joints have held me back these last two years

“我翻墙进来的。但这两年我关节疼得厉害,一直没来成。

旁白 neutral

It'll be easier now that I can come through the door."

现在能走门进来就容易多了。”

旁白 neutral

" So you're the one who did the pruning!" cried Dickon

“原来修剪树枝的是你!”迪肯喊道。

旁白 neutral

" Yes," said Ben. He turned to Colin and said softly," Your mother was such a pretty, young thing

“是的,”本说。他转向科林,轻声说道:“你的母亲真是个漂亮、年轻的人儿。

旁白 neutral

She said to me once,' Ben, if I'm ever ill, or if I go away, you must take care of my roses.'

她曾对我说过,‘本,如果我生病了,或者我走了,你一定要照顾好我的玫瑰。’

旁白 neutral

When she did go away, the orders were that no one was ever to come near the garden."

等她真的走了,命令却是不许任何人靠近花园。”

旁白 neutral

Ben paused to collect his emotions

本停顿了一下,平复了心情。

旁白 neutral

Then he said in a strong voice," But I came over the wall because she gave her orders first."

然后他声音洪亮地说:“但我翻墙进来了,因为她先给我下了命令。”

旁白 neutral

" I'm glad you did," said Colin." You will know how to keep our secret."

“我很高兴你这么做了,”科林说,“你会知道怎么保守我们的秘密的。”

旁白 neutral

Earlier in the afternoon, Mary had dropped her trowel on the ground where they were sitting

午后早些时候,玛丽把她的小铲子掉在了他们坐的地方。

旁白 neutral

Now Colin reached out and picked it up

这时科林伸手把它捡了起来。

旁白 neutral

He drove the end of the trowel into the dirt

他把铲子的末端插进土里。

旁白 neutral

" You can do it!" Mary said to herself

“你能做到的!”玛丽自言自语道。

旁白 neutral

Sure enough, Colin managed to turn a few trowels full of dirt

果然,科林费力地翻起了几铲土。

旁白 neutral

" You said you'd have me walking and digging," Colin said to Dickon

“你说过会让我走路、挖土,”科林对迪康说。

旁白 neutral

" I thought you were saying that just to please me

“我以为你那么说只是为了哄我开心。

旁白 neutral

But here it's only the first day, and I've already walked

可现在才第一天,我已经会走路了。

旁白 neutral

And now I'm digging!"

而且我现在还会挖土了!”

旁白 neutral

" How would you like to plant something?" asked Ben

“你想不想种点什么?”本问道。

旁白 neutral

" I can get you a rose from the greenhouse."

“我可以从温室给你拿株玫瑰来。”

旁白 neutral

" Go and get it quickly!" Colin began to dig excitedly, but he wasn't strong enough to dig a very big hole

“快去拿来!”科林兴奋地挖了起来,但他力气不够,挖不出一个很大的坑。

旁白 neutral

Ben hurried off to get the rose while Dickon made the hole deeper

本急忙去拿玫瑰,迪康则把坑挖得更深。

旁白 neutral

Mary ran out of the garden to fetch a watering can

玛丽跑出花园去取洒水壶。

旁白 neutral

Soon they were all gathered around Colin. Ben took the rose out of the pot

很快他们都聚到了科林身边。本把玫瑰从花盆里取了出来。

旁白 neutral

" I want to plant it before the sun sets," said Colin

“我想赶在太阳落山前种下它,”科林说。

旁白 neutral

His hands shook as he put the rose in the ground

他把玫瑰放进土里时,双手在颤抖。

旁白 neutral

He held it while Ben filled the hole with dirt

他扶着玫瑰,本则往坑里填土。

旁白 neutral

" It's planted!" cried Colin." And the sun is almost down

“种好了!”科林喊道,“太阳也快下山了。

旁白 neutral

Help me up, Dickon. I want to be standing when it sets

扶我起来,迪康。太阳落山时,我想站着。

旁白 neutral

That's part of the magic."

那也是魔法的一部分。”

旁白 neutral

Dickon helped him to his feet. It had been a strange and lovely afternoon

迪康扶他站了起来。这是一个奇妙又美好的下午。

旁白 neutral

And as the sun slipped below the horizon, Colin stood smiling in the secret garden

而随着太阳沉入地平线,科林站在秘密花园里,面带微笑。