Level 6 · 怪物学院
🎬

E85 · Episodes

085 又一次失踪

又一次失踪

Little Fox · Monster Academy · Episode 85 — 又一次失踪.

86 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

The next morning Ben and Sid arrived at the show bright and early

第二天一大早,本和希德就来到了展会。

旁白 neutral

" First, we have to clean some cages," Ben said

“首先,我们得打扫一些笼子。”本说。

旁白 neutral

He led Sid over to some empty chairs

他把希德领到一些空椅子旁。

旁白 neutral

" You can wait here. I'll do the cleaning myself, just in case you're allergic to anything

“你在这儿等着。我自己来打扫,万一你对什么东西过敏呢。

旁白 neutral

When I'm done, I'll get you, and we can visit the rats."

我弄完了就来叫你,咱们再去看老鼠。”

旁白 neutral

" Sounds good." Sid nodded

“行。”希德点点头。

旁白 neutral

" Cleaning cages doesn't sound fun anyway."

“反正打扫笼子听着也没什么好玩的。”

旁白 neutral

" It's not," Ben agreed

“确实不好玩。”本表示同意。

旁白 neutral

About an hour later, the brothers approached the rodent area

大约一小时后,兄弟俩来到了啮齿动物区。

旁白 neutral

Almost instantly, green spots appeared on Sid

几乎一瞬间,希德身上就冒出了绿色的斑点。

旁白 neutral

He tried holding a hairless mole rat, but even that one caused green spots to appear

他试着抱一只无毛鼹鼠,可就连这只也让他身上冒出了绿斑点。

旁白 neutral

Finally, Sid threw up his hands in frustration

最后,希德沮丧地举起了双手。

旁白 neutral

" We've tested dogs, lizards, dragons, and now rats!"

“我们试过狗、蜥蜴、龙,现在连老鼠也试了!”

旁白 neutral

He looked like he was about to cry

他看起来快要哭出来了。

旁白 neutral

" Maybe we should try snakes after all, even though I hate them."

“也许我们还是该试试蛇,尽管我讨厌它们。”

旁白 neutral

" Maybe," Ben said. But he wasn't crazy about a pet snake either

“也许吧。”本说。但他对养条蛇当宠物也不怎么感兴趣。

旁白 neutral

" Look, there's Waldo. He's got Oswald with him." Ben waved his friend over

“看,是沃尔多。他带着奥斯瓦尔德呢。”本朝朋友挥手示意他过来。

旁白 neutral

" Hey, guys!" Waldo smiled as he hurried over with his owl

“嘿,伙计们!”沃尔多带着他的猫头鹰笑着匆匆走来。

旁白 neutral

He held up Oswald's cage

他举起了奥斯瓦尔德的笼子。

旁白 neutral

" I think I've got this guy's problems worked out

“我想我已经搞定这家伙的问题了。

旁白 neutral

He's been following all my commands today."

它今天一直听从我的指令。"

旁白 neutral

" But..." Sid stared at the cage and blinked

“但是……”希德盯着笼子,眨了眨眼。

旁白 neutral

" That cage is empty, Waldo."

“那个笼子是空的,沃尔多。”

旁白 neutral

Ben and Waldo chuckled

本和沃尔多轻笑起来。

旁白 neutral

" It's not empty," Waldo said, clapping a hand on Sid's shoulder

“不是空的,”沃尔多说,拍了拍希德的肩膀。

旁白 neutral

" Oswald is an invisible owl," Ben explained

“奥斯瓦尔德是一只隐形的猫头鹰,”本解释道。

旁白 neutral

" He can make himself disappear."

“它能让自己消失。”

旁白 neutral

" Wow, he's invisible? Cool!" Sid pressed his face right up against the bars of the cage

“哇,它是隐形的?酷!”希德把脸紧紧贴在笼子的栏杆上。

旁白 neutral

Then he turned around to flash a grin at Ben

然后他转过身,朝本咧嘴一笑。

旁白 neutral

" Look! No spots! We can get an invisible owl for a pet!"

“看!没有斑点!我们可以养一只隐形的猫头鹰当宠物!”

旁白 neutral

" Unless your spots are invisible too," Ben said

“除非你的斑点也隐形了,”本说。

旁白 neutral

Sid scratched his head." Oh... good point."

希德挠了挠头。“哦……有道理。”

旁白 neutral

" Watch this. I'll make Oswald visible," Waldo said

“看着,我让奥斯瓦尔德显形。”沃尔多说。

旁白 neutral

He let out two sharp whistles

他发出两声急促的口哨。

旁白 neutral

They waited

他们等着。

旁白 neutral

" I still don't see him," Sid said

“我还是没看见他。”希德说。

旁白 neutral

Waldo frowned and whistled again

沃尔多皱起眉头,又吹了一次口哨。

旁白 neutral

But again nothing happened

但依然什么也没发生。

旁白 neutral

Ben tried whistling next

接着本试着吹了口哨。

旁白 neutral

Still there was no sign of the owl

猫头鹰仍然毫无踪迹。

旁白 neutral

" Maybe he's asleep." Waldo reached into the cage

“说不定他在睡觉。”沃尔多把手伸进笼子里。

旁白 neutral

" Hey, Oswald, wake up!" He felt around for a moment before turning back to Ben

“嘿,奥斯瓦尔德,醒醒!”他摸索了一会儿,然后转身看向本。

旁白 neutral

" Uh-oh." He sounded worried." I think Oswald escaped."

“哎呀。”他的声音听上去很担心。“我觉得奥斯瓦尔德跑掉了。”

旁白 neutral

" What?" Ben stared at Waldo in disbelief." Are you sure?"

“什么?”本难以置信地盯着沃尔多。“你确定吗?”

旁白 neutral

" Yes!" Waldo nodded." He's not in his cage!"

“确定!”沃尔多点点头。“他不在笼子里!”

旁白 neutral

" When was the last time you saw him?" Sid asked

“你最后一次见到他是什么时候?”希德问。

旁白 neutral

" Er... I mean, you know what I'm trying to ask."

“呃……我的意思是,你知道我想问的是什么。”

旁白 neutral

" I was practicing with him in the library," Waldo said

“我之前在图书馆和他一起练习。”沃尔多说。

旁白 neutral

" He was visible when I put him back in the cage

“我把他放回笼子里的时候他还是能看到的。

旁白 neutral

Then I went to the cafeteria for a snack

然后我就去食堂吃了点零食。

旁白 neutral

Maybe he escaped somehow then."

“那他大概是自个儿跑了。”

旁白 neutral

" Did you lock the cage?" Ben asked

“你锁笼子了吗?”本问。

旁白 neutral

" I thought I did," Waldo said with a shrug

“我以为是锁了的,”沃尔多耸了耸肩说。

旁白 neutral

" But maybe I forgot or the latch was loose or something."

“但也许我忘了,或者插销松了什么的。”

旁白 neutral

He held his face in his hands." This is terrible."

他双手捂住脸。“这真是太糟糕了。”

旁白 neutral

Ben took a deep breath, trying to stay calm

本深吸了一口气,努力保持冷静。

旁白 neutral

" He's probably still inside the school building. Let's start looking for him."

“他很可能还在教学楼里。我们开始找他吧。”

旁白 neutral

" How do you look for an invisible owl?" Sid asked

“一只看不见的猫头鹰该怎么找啊?”希德问。

旁白 neutral

" I have no idea," Ben said

“我也不知道,”本说。

旁白 neutral

" But we're about to figure that out. Come on, Waldo."

“但我们这就去想办法弄明白。来吧,沃尔多。”

旁白 neutral

The wizard just stood there

巫师只是站在原地。

旁白 neutral

" What if he flew outside?" Waldo moaned

“万一它飞到外面去了呢?”沃尔多哀嚎道。

旁白 neutral

" If that happened, he'll be lost forever!"

“要是那样的话,它就永远丢了!”

旁白 neutral

" We haven't even looked yet, Waldo," Ben said

“我们甚至都还没开始找呢,沃尔多。”本说。

旁白 neutral

" And now we're losing precious time."

“现在我们在浪费宝贵的时间。”

旁白 neutral

Waldo nodded, and the three monsters began searching, whistling and calling for the missing owl

沃尔多点点头,三个小怪物开始寻找起来,一边吹口哨一边呼唤着失踪的猫头鹰。

旁白 neutral

They searched all over the gym and then looked in some classrooms

他们找遍了整个体育馆,然后又去几间教室找了找。

旁白 neutral

Next they checked the library and hallways

接下来,他们检查了图书馆和走廊。

旁白 neutral

" I told you this was hopeless," Waldo said

“我告诉过你这是没用的。”沃尔多说。

旁白 neutral

" There's no way to find an animal who's invisible!"

“根本不可能找到一个隐形的动物!”

旁白 neutral

Ben stayed quiet, and so did Sid

本默不作声,希德也是。

旁白 neutral

It was hard to argue with Waldo's point

很难反驳沃尔多的说法。

旁白 neutral

Then Ben spotted Miss Bungle waving madly at him

这时,本看到邦格尔老师正朝他疯狂地挥手。

旁白 neutral

" There you are, Ben! I've been looking for you

“你在这儿呢,本!我一直在找你。

旁白 neutral

You were supposed to sweep the bunny rabbits' area

你本该去打扫兔子区的。

旁白 neutral

You didn't show up."

你没出现啊。”

旁白 neutral

" Oh, right. Sorry, Miss Bungle!" Ben replied

“哦,对。对不起,邦格尔老师!”本回答道。

旁白 neutral

" Waldo's owl... um, well, we had a small emergency."

“沃尔多的猫头鹰……嗯,这个,我们出了点紧急情况。”

旁白 neutral

" You should get going," Miss Bungle said, glancing at her watch

“你该走了。”邦格尔老师看了一眼手表说。

旁白 neutral

" You don't want to miss the pet tricks show when it starts."

“你肯定不想错过马上就要开始的宠物绝技秀。”

旁白 neutral

" Go ahead, Ben," Waldo said

“你先去吧,本。”沃尔多说。

旁白 neutral

" Sid and I will keep looking for Oswald. You can catch up with us later."

“我和希德继续找奥斯瓦尔德。你待会儿再来找我们。”

旁白 neutral

Ben nodded. It probably wouldn't take him long to sweep the bunny rabbits' area

本点点头。打扫兔子区大概花不了他多长时间。

旁白 neutral

After that he could rejoin the hunt for the missing owl

之后他就可以重新加入寻找失踪猫头鹰的行动了。

旁白 neutral

A chill rippled along his spine as he remembered the owl's sharp beak and talons

一想到猫头鹰那锋利的喙和爪子,他的后背就窜起一股凉意。

旁白 neutral

He hoped Oswald wasn't busy hunting right now!

他希望奥斯瓦尔德现在不是在忙着捕猎!