Level 7 · 小妇人
🎬

E37 · Episodes

037 艾米远赴欧洲

艾米远赴欧洲

Little Fox Level 7 · Little Women · Episode 37 — 艾米远赴欧洲.

82 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

For days Jo locked herself up in her sanctuary, telling everyone that she was working on a new novel, when in fact she was bawling her eyes out

一连几天,乔把自己关在书房里,对大家说她在写新小说,其实她在痛哭流涕。

旁白 neutral

She didn't fool anybody, because it was clear from her puffy red eyes and swollen nose that she hadn't spent the night writing

她谁也骗不了,因为她红肿的眼睛和鼻子清楚地表明,她整晚没有在写作。

旁白 neutral

Having decided it was time to face reality, Mother gently knocked on the door, and said," Jo? May I come in?"

妈妈觉得该是面对现实的时候了,轻轻敲了敲门,说:"乔,我可以进来吗?"

旁白 neutral

" Mmm...," Jo said in a muffled voice. Seeing Mother's kind, understanding eyes, Jo broke out in a new wave of tears

"嗯......"乔用闷闷的声音答应着。一看到妈妈那双慈祥又善解人意的眼睛,乔又一次止不住地泪流满面。

旁白 neutral

" Shh, darling, just let it out," comforted Mother

"嘘,亲爱的,想哭就哭出来吧,"妈妈安慰道。

旁白 neutral

" It's not fair," wept Jo." She knew how much I wanted to travel to Europe

"这不公平,"乔抽泣着说。"她明知道我有多想去欧洲旅行。"

旁白 neutral

Every year she would make me believe that the next year I could come along, but now to choose Amy instead... it's unbearable."

每年她都让我以为下一年就能一起去,可现在却选了艾米......我实在受不了。"

旁白 neutral

" Do you remember how you used to feel when you came home each day from Aunt March's?" asked Mother

"你还记得以前每天从马奇姑婆家回来时是什么感觉吗?"妈妈问道。

旁白 neutral

Sniffing, Jo replied," Yes. She annoyed me to no end."

乔抽了抽鼻子,回答:"记得。她让我烦不胜烦。"

旁白 neutral

" Now imagine if you had to spend all day and night with her for one year

"现在想像一下,如果你得和她在一起待一整年,白天黑夜都在一起。"

旁白 neutral

Honestly, Jo, do you think you could manage that?" Mother reasoned with her

说真的,乔,你觉得你能应付得了吗?”母亲开导她。

旁白 neutral

Wiping her nose with the back of her hand, Jo thought about it but did not answer, so Mother continued

乔用手背擦了擦鼻子,想了想却没有回答,于是母亲接着说,

旁白 neutral

" You once told me about the hundreds of libraries and museums you wanted to visit

“你曾经跟我说过你想去参观的那成百上千个图书馆和博物馆。

旁白 neutral

Do you think Aunt March would allow you the freedom to do that?"

你觉得马奇姑妈会让你有自由去做那些事吗?”

旁白 neutral

Jo, who had stopped crying, shook her head and said," I never thought about it that way

乔已停止哭泣,她摇摇头说:“我从没那样想过。

旁白 neutral

You're right, Mother, Aunt March would never let me follow my own personal dreams

你说得对,妈妈,马奇姑妈绝不会让我追寻自己的个人梦想。

旁白 neutral

Instead I would be at her beck and call every moment of the day."

相反,我每天每时每刻都得听她使唤。”

旁白 neutral

Patting Jo on the back, Mother said," But Amy reacts differently as Aunt March rightly sees

母亲拍拍乔的背,说:“但是艾米的反应就不同,马奇姑妈也正确地看出来了。

旁白 neutral

Amy is quite happy going for tea, socializing, and taking strolls

艾米很乐意去喝茶、社交和散步。

旁白 neutral

That's why she would be a better companion on this particular trip. Do you understand that now?"

所以她才是这趟旅行更合适的旅伴。现在你明白了吗?”

旁白 neutral

Jo nodded heartily and said," Yes, Mother

乔用力地点了点头,说:“是的,妈妈。

旁白 neutral

I'm still jealous that Amy is going to see Europe before me, but she deserves it

我仍然嫉妒艾米比我先看到欧洲,但她应得这份机会。

旁白 neutral

She is very good to Aunt March and to our neighbors."

她对马奇姑妈和我们的邻居都很好。”

旁白 neutral

Jo told Mother how well behaved Amy had been when they made their calls

乔告诉妈妈,艾米在他们去拜访邻居时表现得多么乖巧。

旁白 neutral

Remembering how hard her sister worked to please others reminded Jo of Amy's words on the road:

想起妹妹为了取悦他人多么努力,乔记起了艾米在路上说的话:

旁白 neutral

" I still believe that good will come if we try to show kindness to others regardless of how they see us."

“我仍然相信,如果我们努力善待他人,不管他们怎么看待我们,好事就会发生。”

旁白 neutral

Jo had to admit that she learned something quite valuable from her sister through this incident

乔不得不承认,通过这件事,她从妹妹身上学到了非常宝贵的东西。

旁白 neutral

In the girls' bedroom, Amy had a lot to do in preparation for her trip

在女孩们的卧室里,艾米有很多事要作为旅行做准备。

旁白 neutral

" Aunt March says not to pack too many things since she will give me an allowance

“马奇姑妈说不要带太多东西,因为她会给我一笔零用钱,

旁白 neutral

so I can get my dresses tailored in the European style," Amy said excitedly to Beth

这样我就可以定做欧式风格的裙子了,”艾米兴奋地对贝丝说。

旁白 neutral

" Europeans are so cultured and stylish. I think you're going to fit right in, Amy," said Beth

“欧洲人既风雅又时尚。我觉得你会融入得很好,艾米。”贝思说道。

旁白 neutral

" Thank you, Beth. You are too kind and I'm going to miss you terribly. I really am," Amy said, hugging her tightly

“谢谢你,贝思。你太体贴了,我会非常想念你的。真的。”艾米说着,紧紧地抱住了她。

旁白 neutral

" Have you packed away Mr. Huggie?" Jo called out loudly as she walked in

“你把抱抱先生收起来了吗?”乔走进来,大声问道。

旁白 neutral

Mr. Huggie was an old stuffed animal that Amy used to sleep with when she was a little girl

抱抱先生是艾米小时候搂着睡觉的旧毛绒玩具。

旁白 neutral

" Unfortunately there is no room for him in my suitcase," Amy said, pointing to her oversized luggage

“可惜我的箱子里没地方放他。”艾米指着自己超大的行李说道。

旁白 neutral

" But he's going to miss you," Jo teased

“可他会想你的。”乔逗她说。

旁白 neutral

" I feel better knowing he's here with you," Amy said in return

“知道有你陪着他,我就放心多了。”艾米回敬道。

旁白 neutral

After Aunt March announced that she was taking Amy with her, it put a strain on Jo and Amy's relationship

马奇姑妈宣布要带艾米去欧洲以后,乔和艾米的关系就变得紧张了。

旁白 neutral

Jo wasn't angry, but under the circumstances, she found it hard, as anyone would, not to be resentful

乔并没有生气,但在当时的情况下,和任何人一样,要她不心生怨恨也难。

旁白 neutral

Now, however, it appeared that the tension had lifted and life was back to normal

然而,现在看来,紧张气氛已经消散,生活又恢复了正常。

旁白 neutral

" You deserve to go, Amy, and I hope you have the time of your life," Jo said sincerely

“你值得去,艾米,我希望你度过人生中最美好的时光,”乔真诚地说。

旁白 neutral

" Do you mean that, Jo?" asked Amy

“你是真心的吗,乔?”艾米问道。

旁白 neutral

" Yes, and I'm sorry for behaving immaturely," begged Jo." Will you forgive me?"

“是的,我也为我的不成熟行为道歉,”乔恳求道。“你会原谅我吗?”

旁白 neutral

Amy hugged her sister hard and cried," Oh, Jo, there's nothing to forgive

艾米紧紧地拥抱姐姐,哭着说:“哦,乔,没什么需要原谅的。

旁白 neutral

I'm just relieved that you aren't upset at me

我只是松了一口气,你没有在生我的气。

旁白 neutral

I'll write as often as I can and tell you all about the places I see and the people I meet."

我会尽可能多地写信,告诉你我所见到的所有地方和遇到的所有人。”

旁白 neutral

" I'd like that, Amy. I really would," said Jo

“那我很乐意,艾米。我真的很乐意听。”乔说。

旁白 neutral

Having accepted that she might never have a chance to visit Europe in her lifetime

接受了此生或许再无机会游历欧洲的事实后,

旁白 neutral

Jo was busying her days with writing, but she could not shake a restlessness that had developed in her heart

乔用写作来填满自己的日子,但心中滋生的那股躁动却始终挥之不去。

旁白 neutral

Lying in the yard one afternoon, Jo looked up at the sky and saw a couple of birds swirling around

一天下午,乔躺在院子里,抬头望向天空,看到几只鸟儿在盘旋飞翔。

旁白 neutral

" I wish I could spread my wings and fly off like you," she said to them dreamily

“我真希望我也能像你一样,张开翅膀飞走。”她对着它们出神地说。

旁白 neutral

The dark shadow of a human face blocked her view just then, disrupting her daydream

就在这时,一张人脸的黑影挡住了她的视线,打断了她的白日梦。

旁白 neutral

" If you had wings, how would anybody be able to catch you?" the face said, showing that he had clearly been listening to her private monologue

“如果你有翅膀,那别人还怎么抓得住你?”那张脸说道,显然他一直在旁听她的自言自语。

旁白 neutral

" The whole point is never to be caught but to have the freedom to go wherever you choose," Jo replied

“重点就是永远不被抓住,能自由地去任何你想去的地方。”乔回答。

旁白 neutral

" And how rude of you to sneak up on an unsuspecting person."

“而且你偷偷靠近一个毫无防备的人,多没礼貌。”

旁白 neutral

Reaching out to the hand extended toward her, Jo sat up and grinned into the face of her best friend

乔伸手握住那只向她伸来的手,坐起身来,对着她挚友的脸咧嘴一笑。

旁白 neutral

" What are you doing home at this time of the week?" she asked Laurie

“你这周这个时候怎么在家?”她问劳里。

旁白 neutral

He shrugged and changed the subject instead

他耸耸肩,反而岔开了话题。

旁白 neutral

" I hear Amy's off to Europe with your old aunt."

“我听说艾米要跟你家姑婆去欧洲了。”

旁白 neutral

" That's right. She's going for one year. Now back to you

“没错。她要去一年。现在说你吧。”

旁白 neutral

Why are you home?" Jo smartly brought the conversation back to Laurie

“你怎么在家?”乔机灵地把话题转回到劳里身上。

旁白 neutral

" I've been suspended," Laurie finally admitted

“我被停学了,”劳里终于承认了。

旁白 neutral

" Why? Laurie, what happened?" Jo asked in an alarmed voice

“为什么?劳里,出什么事了?”乔用警觉的声音问道。

旁白 neutral

" I got in a fight with these guys and well... here I am," he said lightly

“我跟几个人打了一架,然后嘛……我就回来了,”他轻描淡写地说。

旁白 neutral

" How long are you suspended for?" Jo asked

“你要停学多久?”乔问。

旁白 neutral

" Maybe two weeks," Laurie replied

“大概两周吧,”劳里回答。

旁白 neutral

Jo gazed at him with concern knowing that he was going to college to please his grandfather, but he hadn't quite adapted to the life there

乔关切地注视着他,心里明白他去上大学是为了取悦爷爷,但他还不太适应那里的生活。

旁白 neutral

She wanted to scold him but something stopped her

她想责备他,但又忍住了。

旁白 neutral

Instead she said," Well, I'm glad you're here because after Amy leaves tomorrow, I'm going to be so miserable

她反而说道,“不过,我很高兴你在这儿,因为明天艾米一走,我肯定难过极了。

旁白 neutral

You can be a good boy and get me through this."

你可以乖乖地帮我熬过去。”

旁白 neutral

Grinning mischievously, Laurie saluted her and said," Yes, sir! I live to carry out your orders."

劳里顽皮地咧嘴一笑,向她敬了个礼,说道:“遵命,长官!我活着就是为了执行您的命令。”

旁白 neutral

The next day bright and early, after Amy managed to fit all her suitcases, paint sets, easel, and other art supplies into Aunt March's carriage

第二天一大清早,艾米好不容易把她所有的行李箱、画具、画架和其他美术用品都塞进了马奇姑妈的马车后,

旁白 neutral

she said her farewells to her family

她向家人道别。

旁白 neutral

" Good-bye, everyone! I'll miss you all very much," she cried out, giving each person a hug

“再见,大家!我会非常想念你们的,”她喊道,挨个拥抱了每个人。

旁白 neutral

" Be careful not to catch a cold," Mother said tearfully

“小心别着凉,”妈妈含着泪说。

旁白 neutral

" Remember to write often," said her father

“记得常写信,”父亲说。

旁白 neutral

" Find yourself a handsome Italian prince," were Jo's parting words

“给自己找个英俊的意大利王子,”这是乔临别的话。

旁白 neutral

" Please think of us because we'll be thinking of you," pleaded Beth

“请想着我们,因为我们也会想着你的,”贝丝恳切地说。

旁白 neutral

" Take care of yourself," cried Meg and John

“照顾好自己,”梅格和约翰喊道。

旁白 neutral

" I may make a surprise visit on you," Laurie called out

“我说不定会突然去看你哦,”劳里大声说。

旁白 neutral

" That would be wonderful, Laurie. I do hope you'll come

“那太好了,劳里。我真的希望你能来。

旁白 neutral

Bye! Good-bye!" Amy shouted, as the carriage disappeared around the corner

再见!再见啦!”艾米喊道,马车在拐角处消失了。