E38 · Episodes
038 爱情的烦恼
爱情的烦恼
Little Fox Level 7 · Little Women · Episode 38 — 爱情的烦恼.
75 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
With first Meg and then Amy gone, the house seemed empty and desolate
先是梅格,然后是艾米都走了,房子显得空荡荡的,冷冷清清。
旁白 neutral
Beth must have felt it too, Jo thought, because her younger sister seemed more subdued lately
贝丝肯定也感觉到了,乔心想,因为她这个妹妹最近似乎更加闷闷不乐了。
旁白 neutral
Watching her now as they hung out the laundry on the clothesline in the yard, Jo sensed something was definitely amiss
此刻她们在院子里的晾衣绳上晾衣服,乔看着她,感觉肯定有什么不对劲。
旁白 neutral
" Beth, how are you sleeping lately?" Jo asked, clipping two clothespins on Father's undershirt
“贝丝,你最近睡得怎么样?”乔一边问,一边在父亲的汗衫上夹上两个衣夹。
旁白 neutral
" Fine, Jo. I'm fine," Beth answered breathlessly
“还好,乔。我挺好的,”贝丝上气不接下气地回答。
旁白 neutral
Then looking out across the yard onto the Laurences' garden, Beth let out a short sigh
然后,贝丝望向院子那边劳伦斯家的花园,轻轻叹了口气。
旁白 neutral
Laurie was kicking a ball around, probably imagining it was someone's head
劳里正在四处踢球,大概在想象那是谁的脑袋。
旁白 neutral
Jo smiled as she remembered how furious Mr. Laurence had been when he heard that his grandson had been suspended from college
想起劳伦斯先生得知孙子被大学停学时有多生气,乔不禁笑了笑。
旁白 neutral
It wasn't a laughing matter, but Laurie had told her about his grandfather's reactions so vividly
这本来不是件好笑的事,但劳里给她讲他爷爷的反应时,讲得太生动了,
旁白 neutral
imitating his voice and gestures, that Jo couldn't help giggling
模仿他的声音和动作,弄得乔忍不住咯咯笑起来。
旁白 neutral
" Look at what a handsome man our boy has turned into," Beth said in a soft voice as she kept her eye on Laurie
“看看我们的男孩长成了多么英俊的男子汉。”贝丝目光追随着劳里,轻声说道。
旁白 neutral
Jo, suddenly feeling uneasy, thought she might have figured out why Beth had been so quiet these past few weeks
乔突然感到一阵不安,她想自己可能明白了为什么这几个星期贝丝一直这么沉默。
旁白 neutral
" She's in love with Laurie!" Jo screamed silently
“她爱上劳里了!”乔在心中无声地尖叫。
旁白 neutral
Around the same time but in an entirely different part of the world
在大致相同的时间,但却是世界上的另一个地方,
旁白 neutral
Amy was walking arm-in-arm with Aunt March along the famous Piccadilly Circus in London, England
艾米正与马奇姑妈手挽着手,漫步在英国伦敦著名的皮卡迪利广场。
旁白 neutral
Amy was dressed smartly in a well-fitted stylish dress with matching hat and parasol and taking small dainty steps so as to keep pace with her elderly aunt
艾米穿着合身的时髦连衣裙,戴着配套的帽子,撑着阳伞,显得聪明利落。她迈着小巧优雅的步子,以便跟上她年迈的姑妈。
旁白 neutral
Looking very prim and ladylike, Amy was noticed by the gentlemen passing by, some of them even stopping to offer compliments
艾米看起来非常端庄,很有淑女风范,引得路过的绅士们纷纷注目,有些人甚至停下来赞美她。
旁白 neutral
" Did you know, Aunt March, that the name Piccadilly comes from a frilly collar called a ' picadil,'
“马奇姑妈,您知道吗?皮卡迪利这个名字来源于一种叫做‘皮卡迪’的荷叶边衣领,
旁白 neutral
which was quite popular during the seventeenth century?
它在十七世纪时非常流行。”
旁白 neutral
That's why there are so many dressmakers along this street," Amy said knowledgeably
所以这条街上才会有这么多裁缝店。”艾米很在行地说道。
旁白 neutral
Glowing with pride, Aunt March said," How clever you are, my dear."
马奇姑妈骄傲得满面红光,说道:“你真聪明,亲爱的。”
旁白 neutral
Then leading Amy to a very distinguished dressmaker's shop, she said
然后,她把艾米领到一家十分高档的裁缝店,说道:
旁白 neutral
" If Piccadilly is famous for its fashions, then that is what we must get for you while we are here."
“既然皮卡迪利以时尚闻名,那我们在此期间就得给你弄几套。”
旁白 neutral
Hardly able to contain her excitement, Amy followed her aunt into the shop
艾米几乎抑制不住兴奋之情,跟着姑妈进了店。
旁白 neutral
Back home Jo was going into a shop of a different sort, the fruit and vegetable kind
家这边,乔则进了一家截然不同的店铺——果蔬铺子。
旁白 neutral
Since Beth did not have much of an appetite these days ( as Jo found out from Meg, many lovesick people suffer the same symptoms )
近来贝丝食欲不佳(乔从梅格那儿得知,害相思病的人多有此症状),
旁白 neutral
Jo wanted to buy some of Beth's favorite fruits and surprise her that evening
乔想买些贝丝最爱吃的水果,晚上给她个惊喜。
旁白 neutral
As she was choosing a couple of ripe apples, a familiar voice called to her from behind
她正挑着几个熟透的苹果,一个熟悉的声音从背后传来。
旁白 neutral
" Jo! Fancy meeting you here!" Laurie shouted so loudly that the entire shop could hear
“乔!真没想到在这儿碰到你!”劳里大喊,整间铺子都听得见。
旁白 neutral
" Shush, Laurie! Everyone's staring," Jo whispered, her face turning as red as the apple in her hand." What are you doing here, anyway?"
“嘘,劳里!大家都在看呢,”乔压低声音,脸涨得像手里的苹果一样红。“话说,你在这儿做什么?”
旁白 neutral
" I felt like getting some fruit to munch on," Laurie said, tossing an apple into the air and catching it
“我想弄点水果嚼嚼,”劳里边说边把苹果抛向空中又接住。
旁白 neutral
" Don't be silly. You have servants to do your shopping," Jo said, pointing at the apple," and besides, I happen to know that you don't like apples."
“别傻了。你有仆人替你买东西,”乔指着苹果说,“再说了,我碰巧知道你不喜欢吃苹果。”
旁白 neutral
Laurie held up both hands as if to surrender and said
劳里举起双手,一副投降的样子,说:
旁白 neutral
" I've been cooped up in the house, bored out of my mind, and then I saw you leaving the house and thought to myself:
“我闷在家里,无聊得要命,后来看见你出门,心里就想:
旁白 neutral
That's odd — the old girl hasn't been around lately."
真奇怪——那丫头最近怎么没露面。”
旁白 neutral
Jo placed a hand over his mouth to stop his rambling
乔伸手捂住他的嘴,不让他继续唠叨。
旁白 neutral
" As you can see I'm very busy right now, but perhaps I'll come over later, if I have time," she said
“你也看到了,我现在很忙,不过要是有时间,也许等会儿我会过去,”她说。
旁白 neutral
Shaking his head, Laurie said," Mmm... bloof... mmhffoo," through Jo's hand
劳里摇摇头,隔着乔的手说:“唔……噗噜……嗯嗯唔。”
旁白 neutral
Removing her hand, Jo said," What?"
乔把手拿开,问:“什么?”
旁白 neutral
" I said no. You've been avoiding me and I want to know why," Laurie repeated more clearly this time
“我说不。你一直在躲着我,我想知道为什么,”这次劳里更清楚地重复道。
旁白 neutral
" I haven't been avoiding you," Jo said as she turned her back on him and walked away
“我没有在躲你。”乔说着转过身背对着他走开了。
旁白 neutral
" See? You're doing it again, Jo. I demand to know what I've done to deserve such treatment from you," he said, pretending to be insulted
“瞧见没?你又来了,乔。我倒要知道,我做了什么才让你这样对我。”他装出一副受了冒犯的样子说。
旁白 neutral
" It's not you; it's Beth," Jo wanted to say but instead she said," Would you mind holding this basket like a real gentleman?
“不关你的事,是贝丝。”乔本想这么说,说出口的却是:“能像个真正的绅士那样,帮我拎一下这个篮子吗?
旁白 neutral
By the way, when are you going back to school?"
对了,你什么时候回学校?”
旁白 neutral
With one hand, Laurie held the basket but with the other he grasped Jo's hand tightly
劳里一只手拎着篮子,另一只手却紧紧握住了乔的手。
旁白 neutral
" Jo, why do you keep running? I'm getting tired of chasing you," he said in a very serious voice
“乔,你为什么一直跑?我追你追得都累了。”他用十分严肃的语气说。
旁白 neutral
As much as Jo had been trying to ignore the signs
尽管乔一直努力忽视种种迹象,
旁白 neutral
there was no denying now that Laurie was indeed in love with one of the March sisters, but it certainly was not Beth
现在却再也无法否认,劳里确实爱上了马奇家的一位姐妹,但那人肯定不是贝丝。
旁白 neutral
That evening, Jo sat in the living room with Mother
那天晚上,乔和母亲一起坐在客厅里。
旁白 neutral
Beth had already gone up to bed, saying she had a headache, and Father was visiting a farmer who had lost his son in the war
贝丝说自己头疼,已经上楼睡了,父亲则去探望一位在战争中失去儿子的农夫了。
旁白 neutral
" Is something troubling you, dear?" Mother always seemed to know when her girls were weighed down by problems
“亲爱的,有什么事困扰你吗?”母亲似乎总能看出女儿们被问题压得喘不过气来。
旁白 neutral
Jo deliberated whether to discuss Beth and Laurie with Mother, then decided it would be for the best and told her everything
乔犹豫着是否要跟母亲谈贝丝和劳里的事,后来认为说出来最好,便把一切都告诉了她。
旁白 neutral
Mother listened without speaking. Then she said," That's the trouble with love; it's uncontrollable
母亲静静地听着,然后说:“这就是爱情的烦恼;它不受控制。
旁白 neutral
It never goes in the direction that you want it to."
它从不会朝着你期望的方向发展。”
旁白 neutral
" Everything would be solved if Laurie would love Beth," exclaimed Jo
“要是劳里能爱上贝丝,一切就都解决了。”乔大声说。
旁白 neutral
" Are you sure of Beth's feelings for Laurie? Have you spoken to her?
“你确定贝丝对劳里的感情吗?你跟她谈过了吗?
旁白 neutral
Perhaps it's something else and you are jumping to conclusions," Mother said
也许是别的原因,你贸然下结论了。”母亲说。
旁白 neutral
" I haven't asked her about it, but what else could it be?" Jo asked in a frustrated voice
“我没问过她,可那还能是什么?”乔沮丧地问。
旁白 neutral
" What are your feelings for Laurie?" Mother asked gently
“你对劳里是什么感觉?”母亲温柔地问。
旁白 neutral
" I love Laurie with all my heart but not like that
“我全心全意地爱劳里,但不是那种爱。
旁白 neutral
He's my best friend, my brother, but..." Jo paused
他是我最好的朋友,像我的兄弟,但……”乔停住了。
旁白 neutral
" I don't love him like Meg loves John."
“我不是像梅格爱约翰那样爱他。”
旁白 neutral
" Has Laurie told you how he feels?" asked Mother
“劳里向你表白过吗?”母亲问。
旁白 neutral
Shaking her head, Jo answered," No, but I'm afraid he's going to very soon and I will break his heart
乔摇了摇头,答道:“没有,但我担心他很快就要表白了,我会伤他的心。
旁白 neutral
And if Beth finds out, then her heart will be broken. Oh, what a mess."
要是贝丝知道了,她的心也会碎。唉,真是一团糟。”
旁白 neutral
Mother held Jo in her arms for a while and then said," What do you think is the solution to this problem?"
母亲把乔搂在怀里好一会儿,然后说:“你觉得这个问题的解决办法是什么?”
旁白 neutral
" I was thinking," Jo began." Your friend Mrs. Kirke wrote that she is looking for a governess for her two girls in New York, didn't she?"
“我在想,”乔说,“你的朋友柯克太太写信说,她在纽约为两个女儿找家庭教师,是吧?”
旁白 neutral
Mother nodded and told her to go on
母亲点点头,让她接着说。
旁白 neutral
" Well, what if I could apply for the position, just for the winter for now and see whether or not it's a suitable place for me
“嗯,要是我能申请这个职位呢?就先干这个冬天,看看那儿适不适合我。
旁白 neutral
I have become restless and thought of traveling myself, so this might be the best time to do so," said Jo
我最近变得坐立不安,自己也想着出去走走,所以这也许是最好的时机。”乔说。
旁白 neutral
" Yes, it does sound like a good idea," said Mother
“对,听起来确实是个好主意。”母亲说。
旁白 neutral
" But Jo," she added, looking deep into her daughter's eyes," running away from a problem doesn't solve it."
“可是乔,”她凝视着女儿的眼睛补充道,“逃避问题并不能解决问题。”
旁白 neutral
" I'm not running away. I'm buying time so that I will know how to straighten out the situation best
“我没有逃避。我是在争取时间,好知道怎样最好地理清局面。
旁白 neutral
And who knows, maybe while I'm gone, Laurie will fall madly in love with Beth," Jo said hopefully
谁知道呢,也许我不在的时候,劳里会疯狂地爱上贝丝。”乔满怀希望地说。
旁白 neutral
" I'll write to Mrs. Kirke immediately," Mother said
“我马上就给柯克太太写信。”母亲说。