Level 6 · 柠檬水侦探
🎬

E71 · Episodes

071 表演现场

表演现场

Little Fox Level 6 · The Lemonade Detectives · Episode 71 — 表演现场.

82 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

" Wow!" said Maggie." Look at how many people are at the horse show

“哇!”麦琪说,“你看马术表演来了好多人啊。

旁白 neutral

We're going to make tons of money!"

我们肯定能大赚一笔!”

旁白 neutral

Henry laughed

亨利笑了起来。

旁白 neutral

" Stop counting your future profits and help me hang up our sign."

“别光顾着数还没到手的钱,快来帮我把招牌挂起来。”

旁白 neutral

" Sorry." Maggie held the sign while Henry tacked it to a tree near where they'd set up their lemonade stand

“抱歉。”麦琪扶着招牌,亨利把它钉在他们柠檬水摊位旁边的一棵树上。

旁白 neutral

Once the sign was hung, Henry wiped his brow." Wow, it's pretty hot today."

牌子挂好后,亨利擦了擦额头。“哇,今天可真够热的。”

旁白 neutral

" I know." Maggie smiled." That should make people buy even more lemonade

“可不是嘛。”麦琪笑着说,“这么热,大家肯定会买更多柠檬水。

旁白 neutral

Riding horses in the heat makes you really thirsty. Trust me, I know!"

大热天骑马特别容易渴,相信我,我有经验!”

旁白 neutral

Henry nodded. They were at the stable where Maggie took riding lessons

亨利点点头。他们在麦琪上骑术课的那个马场。

旁白 neutral

Today the stable was putting on a horse show for its students to show off what they'd been learning all summer

今天马场正在为学员们举办一场马术表演,好让他们展示整个夏天的学习成果。

旁白 neutral

The stable's owner, Ms. Wood, had told Maggie that she and her friends could sell lemonade during the show

马厩的主人伍德女士告诉过麦琪,她和朋友们可以在表演期间卖柠檬水。

旁白 neutral

A rider hurried over." Is the stand open yet?" she asked

一位骑手匆匆走来。“摊位开了吗?”她问道。

旁白 neutral

" I'll take a lemonade, please."

“请给我一杯柠檬水。”

旁白 neutral

" Coming right up." Henry poured the girl a cup of lemonade

“马上就好。”亨利给那女孩倒了一杯柠檬水。

旁白 neutral

As he handed it to her, several more riders came over

他递给她的时候,又有几位骑手过来了。

旁白 neutral

For the next few minutes Henry and Maggie stayed busy serving lemonade to customers

接下来的几分钟里,亨利和麦琪一直忙着给顾客端柠檬水。

旁白 neutral

" Where's Cole?" Maggie asked as she dropped a quarter into the cashbox

“科尔呢?”麦琪一边往钱箱里丢进一枚两角五分硬币,一边问道。

旁白 neutral

" We could use his help."

“我们需要他帮忙。”

旁白 neutral

" I think he went to look for more napkins," Henry said

“我想他是去找更多餐巾纸了。”亨利说。

旁白 neutral

" I'm not sure why, though. We already have plenty of them."

“不过我不明白为什么。我们已经有很多了。”

旁白 neutral

A few girls hurried over

几个女孩匆匆走了过来。

旁白 neutral

One of them was Daisy, who also rode at Maggie's stable

其中一个是黛西,她也在麦琪的马厩骑马。

旁白 neutral

" One lemonade, please," a girl said." I hope it's nice and cold!"

“请给我一杯柠檬水,”一个女孩说,“希望它冰凉好喝!”

旁白 neutral

" It is," Maggie said as she poured the girl a cup

“是的,”麦琪边说边给女孩倒了一杯。

旁白 neutral

The girl drank her lemonade quickly and left

那个女孩很快喝完柠檬水,离开了。

旁白 neutral

" Some of these riders would be cooler if they took off their long-sleeved jackets," Henry said

“有些骑手要是脱掉长袖外套,会更凉快些,”亨利说。

旁白 neutral

" Those are show coats," Daisy said

“那些是比赛外套,”黛西说。

旁白 neutral

" That's what you're supposed to wear for horse shows."

“那是参加马术比赛应该穿的。”

旁白 neutral

" Oh. How come you and Maggie aren't wearing them?" Henry asked

“哦。那你怎么和麦琪都没穿呢?”亨利问。

旁白 neutral

Maggie frowned." I wish I had a show coat to wear," she said

麦琪皱起了眉头。“我真希望自己也有件比赛外套穿,”她说。

旁白 neutral

" But my mom and dad wouldn't buy me one

“但我爸妈不肯给我买一件。

旁白 neutral

And I definitely can't afford to buy one myself

我自己肯定也买不起。

旁白 neutral

I barely had enough money to enter two classes in the show!"

我凑的钱勉强够报两个表演项目呢!”

旁白 neutral

" Don't worry, Maggie," Daisy said

“别担心,麦琪,”黛西说。

旁白 neutral

" Ms. Wood said you don't need fancy show clothes, remember?

“伍德老师说过,你不需要花哨的比赛服装,记得吗?

旁白 neutral

This show is supposed to be for learning and having fun."

这个表演本来就是用来学习和玩开心的。”

旁白 neutral

Henry looked at Daisy's T-shirt

亨利看了看黛西的T恤衫。

旁白 neutral

" Are you wearing that bright pink T-shirt in the show?" he asked

“你上场就穿那件亮粉色的T恤吗?”他问道。

旁白 neutral

Daisy shook her head

黛西摇了摇头。

旁白 neutral

" I'm just wearing it in case I get dirty while I get my pony ready

“我只是为了在打理小马时,免得弄脏才穿的。

旁白 neutral

My new show clothes are hanging by her stall."

我的新比赛服就挂在她的摊位旁边。”

旁白 neutral

" Oh." Henry shrugged. He didn't know much about horseback riding

“哦。”亨利耸了耸肩。他对骑马的事不太了解。

旁白 neutral

" Well, enjoy your lemonade." He handed Daisy a cup

“好了,喝柠檬水吧。”他递给黛西一杯。

旁白 neutral

" Thanks." Daisy took a sip, and then walked off

“谢谢。”黛西喝了一口,然后走开了。

旁白 neutral

A moment later Cole rushed over

过了一会儿,科尔跑了过来。

旁白 neutral

His face was sweaty and he was breathing hard

他满头是汗,喘着粗气。

旁白 neutral

" Where are the napkins?" Henry asked him

“餐巾纸呢?”亨利问他。

旁白 neutral

" Huh?" Cole looked down at his empty hands

“啊?”科尔看了看自己空空的两手。

旁白 neutral

" Oh. I couldn't find any." He shrugged and glanced at the table

“哦。我一张也没找到。”他耸耸肩,瞟了一眼桌子。

旁白 neutral

" Anyway, it looks like we have enough of them."

“反正,看起来我们够用了。”

旁白 neutral

Maggie frowned

麦琪皱起眉头。

旁白 neutral

" We've been busy, and you missed all the work," she complained

她抱怨道:“我们一直忙个不停,而所有活儿你都错过了。”

旁白 neutral

" Not all of it." Cole pointed toward some people

“也不全是。”科尔指着一些人说。

旁白 neutral

" Here come more customers."

你们看,又有顾客来了。

旁白 neutral

Henry and his friends served several thirsty riders and a few parents

亨利和朋友们接待了好几个口渴的骑手和几位家长。

旁白 neutral

Then Maggie checked her watch

接着,麦琪看了看她的手表。

旁白 neutral

" I need to get ready for my first class in the show," she said

她说:“我得去准备表演赛的第一堂课了。”

旁白 neutral

" You guys will be okay without me for a while, right?"

“我不在的这一小会儿,你们能应付,对吧?”

旁白 neutral

" Sure. Good luck," Henry said

亨利说:“当然。祝你好运。”

旁白 neutral

After she left, a few more customers wandered over

她离开后,又有几个零零散散的顾客溜达了过来。

旁白 neutral

Then several minutes passed without any customers at all

然后好几分钟过去了,一个顾客都没有。

旁白 neutral

" Are you sure you don't want to go to your swim practice?" Henry asked Cole

"你确定不去上游泳训练课吗?"亨利问科尔。

旁白 neutral

" Maggie and I can probably handle the lemonade stand by ourselves."

"麦琪和我大概能自己应付这个柠檬水摊位。"

旁白 neutral

" No, that's okay," Cole said

"不,没关系的,"科尔说。

旁白 neutral

" The coach said today's practice is mainly for the divers on the team."

"教练说今天训练主要是针对队里的跳水队员的。"

旁白 neutral

He pulled two bright green lollipops out of his pocket." Want one?"

他从口袋里掏出两根亮绿色的棒棒糖。"来一根吗?"

旁白 neutral

" Sure, thanks!" Henry took one of the lollipops

"好啊,谢谢!"亨利接过一根棒棒糖。

旁白 neutral

" Aren't these the homemade ones from the Dessert Den?"

"这不是'甜品屋'里那种自制的棒棒糖吗?"

旁白 neutral

" Yeah. I bought them when we went there yesterday," Cole said

"对啊。我昨天我们去那儿的时候买的,"科尔说。

旁白 neutral

" They're kiwi-flavored-my favorite!"

"是猕猴桃味的——我的最爱!"

旁白 neutral

Henry unwrapped his lollipop

亨利剥开了他的棒棒糖。

旁白 neutral

It was sticky and partly melted because of the heat

糖很黏,而且因为天热已经有点化了。

旁白 neutral

But it still tasted good

但味道还是很好。

旁白 neutral

After a moment he noticed that Cole's tongue was turning bright green

过了一会儿,他注意到科尔的舌头变成了亮绿色。

旁白 neutral

" Is my tongue green too?" Henry asked, sticking out his tongue

"我的舌头也变绿了吗?"亨利伸出舌头问道。

旁白 neutral

Cole grinned." Yeah. You look like a zombie."

科尔咧嘴一笑。"是啊,你看起来像僵尸。"

旁白 neutral

" Too bad you don't have any cherry-flavored lollipops," Henry joked

"可惜你没有樱桃味的棒棒糖,"亨利开玩笑说。

旁白 neutral

" Then we could dye our tongues back to red."

"那样我们就能把舌头再染回红色了。"

旁白 neutral

Before Cole could answer, Daisy raced up to the lemonade stand

科尔还没来得及回答,黛西就冲到了柠檬水摊前。

旁白 neutral

Maggie was right behind her

麦琪紧跟在她身后。

旁白 neutral

" I need The Lemonade Detectives!" Daisy blurted out

"我需要柠檬水侦探组帮忙!"黛西脱口而出。

旁白 neutral

" Someone stole my brand-new show shirt!"

"有人偷了我全新的比赛服!"