E69 · Episodes
069 突发新闻
突发新闻
Little Fox Level 6 · The Lemonade Detectives · Episode 69 — 突发新闻.
81 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
The Lemonade Detectives looked at Hannah in surprise
柠檬水侦探们惊讶地看着汉娜。
旁白 neutral
" Mrs. Sweet is dating Mr. Moss?" Maggie said
“斯威特太太在和莫斯先生约会?”麦琪说。
旁白 neutral
Hannah giggled." My mom works at a fancy restaurant on Baker Street
汉娜咯咯地笑了。“我妈妈在贝克街的一家高级餐厅工作。
旁白 neutral
She says Mr. Moss and Mrs. Sweet have been there a lot recently."
她说莫斯先生和斯威特太太最近经常去那里。”
旁白 neutral
Henry was surprised by Hannah's news. Was it a clue?
亨利对汉娜的消息感到惊讶。这会是一条线索吗?
旁白 neutral
By now it was late afternoon
这时已是傍晚时分。
旁白 neutral
He looked over at the Dessert Den, and saw that the electrician's truck was still there
他朝甜品屋望去,看到电工的卡车还停在那里。
旁白 neutral
So they still couldn't talk to Mr. Tate
所以他们还是没法跟泰特先生谈话。
旁白 neutral
" Did you know that Mrs. Sweet and Mr. Moss were dating?"
“你们知道斯威特太太和莫斯先生在约会吗?”
旁白 neutral
Henry asked his friends as they wandered toward their bikes
亨利一边问朋友们,一边慢悠悠地朝他们的自行车走去。
旁白 neutral
" Nope. Mr. Moss usually spreads around all the town gossip," Cole said with a smile
“才不是。莫斯先生平时可喜欢到处传镇上的闲话了,”科尔笑着说。
旁白 neutral
" I guess he doesn't like to gossip about himself though!"
“不过,我猜他不喜欢传自己的闲话!”
旁白 neutral
" Maybe Mr. Moss pushed over our bikes because he knew we were investigating his girlfriend," said Maggie
“也许莫斯先生推倒我们的自行车,是因为他知道我们在调查他女朋友,”玛吉说。
旁白 neutral
" Maybe," Henry said." But Mr. Moss is just as nice as Mrs. Sweet
“有可能,”亨利说。“但莫斯先生和斯威特太太一样好。
旁白 neutral
I can't believe he'd do something like that and then lie about it to us."
我不信他会做出那种事,还对我们撒谎。”
旁白 neutral
" Me neither." Cole gulped
“我也不信。”科尔咽了口唾沫。
旁白 neutral
" Not unless he knows Mrs. Sweet is guilty, that is."
“除非他知道斯威特太太确实犯了事。”
旁白 neutral
" I have an idea," Henry said." Let's go talk to my dad."
“我有个主意,”亨利说。“我们去找我爸谈谈。”
旁白 neutral
Maggie groaned." You want to ride back to town again?" she said
玛吉叹了口气。“你又想骑回镇上去?”她说。
旁白 neutral
" Anyway, I thought you didn't want your dad to investigate Mrs. Sweet."
“再说了,我以为你不想让你爸调查斯威特太太呢。”
旁白 neutral
" He's written a few stories about West Belltown," Henry reminded her
“他写过几篇关于西贝尔镇的故事,”亨利提醒她。
旁白 neutral
" He might know something useful."
“他可能知道些有用的东西。”
旁白 neutral
They rode to the newspaper office
他们骑车前往报社。
旁白 neutral
Henry's dad was in the reception area shuffling through some papers
亨利的爸爸在接待区翻阅一些文件。
旁白 neutral
" Hello, kids!" he greeted them with a smile." What brings you here?"
“孩子们好!”他微笑着打招呼,“什么风把你们吹来了?”
旁白 neutral
" We're working on a tough case," Henry said
“我们在处理一个棘手的案子,”亨利说。
旁白 neutral
" We were hoping we could talk to you about it."
“我们希望能跟你谈谈这个案子。”
旁白 neutral
" Sure." Henry's dad checked his watch
“当然可以。”亨利的爸爸看了看手表。
旁白 neutral
" I have to go to a meeting in a few minutes. But we can talk until then."
“几分钟后我有个会要开。不过在那之前我们可以谈谈。”
旁白 neutral
He led the way to his office
他领着他们去了他的办公室。
旁白 neutral
After he closed the door, Henry and his friends told him all about the mystery
他关上门后,亨利和朋友们把整个谜团告诉了他。
旁白 neutral
" Wow," Henry's dad said when they finished." That's quite a story."
“哇,”亨利的爸爸等他们讲完说道,“这故事可真够离奇的。”
旁白 neutral
" You can't tell anyone, Uncle Kevin," Maggie said
“你不能告诉任何人,凯文叔叔,”玛吉说。
旁白 neutral
" We don't want to ruin Mrs. Sweet's reputation."
“我们不想毁了斯威特太太的名声。”
旁白 neutral
Henry's dad smiled." I can keep a secret
亨利的爸爸笑了。“我能保守秘密。”
旁白 neutral
But I'm sure the flavor theft is just some kind of misunderstanding."
“但我相信口味被盗这事儿只是某种误会。”
旁白 neutral
" I hope so," Henry said." But how can we prove it?
“希望如此,”亨利说。“但我们怎么证明呢?
旁白 neutral
Do you have any information that could help us crack the case?"
你有什么信息能帮我们破案吗?”
旁白 neutral
" I'm afraid not," his father said
“恐怕没有,”他爸爸说。
旁白 neutral
" But it sounds like you still have a few clues to investigate
“但听起来你们还有一些线索可以追查。”
旁白 neutral
Like the timing of the two signs, for instance."
“比如说,那两块招牌出现的时间先后。”
旁白 neutral
" Yeah." Cole bit his lip
“是啊。”科尔咬着嘴唇。
旁白 neutral
" But what if we find out Mr. Tate had the flavor on his sign first?
“可要是我们发现是泰特先生先在他的招牌上写了那种口味呢?
旁白 neutral
That means Mrs. Sweet is the culprit."
那不就说明斯威特太太是罪魁祸首了。”
旁白 neutral
Henry's dad shrugged
亨利的爸爸耸了耸肩。
旁白 neutral
" Being a good detective, or a good reporter, means looking for the truth
“当个好侦探,或者好记者,就是要寻找真相。
旁白 neutral
You have to dig up all the facts, even if they lead to an answer you don't like."
你得挖掘出所有事实,哪怕它们指向的答案你不喜欢。”
旁白 neutral
There was a knock on the door." Time for the meeting, Kevin," a woman called
敲门声响起。“开会了,凯文。”一位女士喊道。
旁白 neutral
" Thanks." Henry's dad stood
“谢谢。”亨利的爸爸站了起来。
旁白 neutral
" Sorry, kids. I have to go. We can talk more later if you like."
“抱歉,孩子们。我得走了。如果你们愿意,我们可以以后再谈。”
旁白 neutral
" Okay. Thanks, Dad."
“好吧。谢谢你,爸爸。”
旁白 neutral
As Henry and his friends left the building, someone stepped toward them
亨利和朋友们正要离开大楼时,有个人朝他们走了过来。
旁白 neutral
It was Robby
是罗比。
旁白 neutral
" Hi," Cole greeted him." What are you doing here?"
“嗨,”科尔跟他打招呼,“你在这儿干什么?”
旁白 neutral
" Looking for you guys." Robby looked miserable." I need to apologize."
“来找你们。”罗比看起来很难受,“我需要道歉。”
旁白 neutral
" What for?" asked Maggie
“为什么道歉?”玛吉问。
旁白 neutral
" For knocking over your bikes earlier," Robby said
“为之前推倒你们的自行车,”罗比说。
旁白 neutral
" That was you?" Cole exclaimed." Why'd you do it?"
“是你干的?”科尔喊道,“你为什么那么做?”
旁白 neutral
" I knew you were working for Mr. Tate," Robby said
“我知道你们在为泰特先生工作,”罗比说。
旁白 neutral
" I'm mad at him because he ruined my parents' plans for a community garden
“我在生他的气,因为他毁了我父母建社区花园的计划。
旁白 neutral
That's why I followed you to the Sweet Shop and knocked over your bikes."
所以我才跟着你们到了甜点店,然后推倒了你们的自行车。”
旁白 neutral
He sighed." But when I told my dad what I did, he made me promise to find you and apologize. So I'm sorry."
他叹了口气说:“但当我告诉爸爸我所做的事后,他让我保证找到你们并道歉。所以,对不起。”
旁白 neutral
" It's okay," Henry said." Are your parents mad at Mr. Tate too?"
“没关系,”亨利说。“你父母也生泰特先生的气吗?”
旁白 neutral
" I thought they were, but Dad says he's glad our neighborhood is getting some new businesses."
“我原以为他们生气了,但我爸爸说他很高兴我们社区要开新店了。”
旁白 neutral
Robby shrugged." Maybe I am too
罗比耸了耸肩。“也许我也一样。
旁白 neutral
It might be cool to have a dessert place a few blocks from home."
离家几个街区就有个甜品店,可能挺酷的。”
旁白 neutral
Robby said good-bye and moved on
罗比道别后就走了。
旁白 neutral
" I guess that solves one mystery," Cole said
“我猜这解开了一个谜团,”科尔说。
旁白 neutral
" Yeah. But it doesn't help with identifying the flavor thief," Henry said
“是啊。但这无助于找出偷配方的人,”亨利说。
旁白 neutral
" Or with clearing Mrs. Sweet's name."
“也无助于洗清斯威特太太的嫌疑。”
旁白 neutral
" I know how to do that," Maggie said
“我知道该怎么做,”玛吉说。
旁白 neutral
" We need to talk to Mr. Tate about that sign!"
“我们得去和泰特先生谈谈那块牌子!”
旁白 neutral
This time it was Cole who groaned." It's getting late," he said
这次轮到科尔叹气了。“天色不早了,”他说。
旁白 neutral
" Plus, Nathan's still selling lemonade for us
“再说了,内森还在帮我们卖柠檬水。
旁白 neutral
Do we really have to ride to West Belltown again?"
我们真的又要骑到西贝尔镇去吗?”
旁白 neutral
" Yes!" Maggie insisted." Come on!"
“是的!”玛吉坚持道。“来吧!”
旁白 neutral
She hopped on her bike and rode down the street
她跳上自行车,沿着街道骑了下去。
旁白 neutral
But suddenly she stopped short
但她突然猛地停了下来。
旁白 neutral
" What is it?" Henry asked as he caught up
“怎么了?”亨利追上来问道。
旁白 neutral
" Look!" Maggie pointed to Mrs. Sweet's flavor board
“看!”玛吉指着斯威特太太的口味板。
旁白 neutral
" Bubble gum banana swirl is gone!"
“泡泡糖香蕉旋风口味的没了!”