E68 · Episodes
068 新情报到来
新情报到来
Little Fox Level 6 · The Lemonade Detectives · Episode 68 — 新情报到来.
77 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
" Oh no!" Maggie cried." Did that van run over our bikes?"
"啊,不!" 玛姬喊道。"那辆货车轧过我们的自行车了吗?"
旁白 neutral
" I don't think so." Cole hurried over to the bikes
"我觉得没有。" 科尔赶紧跑到自行车旁。
旁白 neutral
" Here's yours, Maggie," he said, picking it up." It looks okay."
"这是你的,玛姬。" 他边捡起来边说。"看起来没事。"
旁白 neutral
Henry picked up another bike." I think they're okay
亨利捡起另一辆自行车。"我觉得它们没事。
旁白 neutral
It looks like someone just threw them into the street behind the van."
看起来好像有人把它们扔到了货车后面的街上。"
旁白 neutral
" Oh my!" Mr. Moss looked alarmed." Are you sure it wasn't an accident?
"哦,天哪!" 莫斯先生看上去很惊慌。"你确定这不是意外吗?
旁白 neutral
I can't imagine anyone in Belltown wanting to harm your bikes."
我无法想象贝尔镇有人想弄坏你们的自行车。"
旁白 neutral
Before becoming a detective, Henry couldn't have imagined it either
在成为侦探之前,亨利也无法想象。
旁白 neutral
Now he wasn't so sure
现在他不太确定了。
旁白 neutral
" Did you see anything suspicious while we were inside?" he asked Mr. Moss
"我们在里面的时候,您看到什么可疑的事了吗?" 他问莫斯先生。
旁白 neutral
" I'm afraid not," Mr. Moss replied
“恐怕没有,”莫斯先生回答。
旁白 neutral
" Shortly after you went in, I ran out of paint
“你们进去后不久,我的油漆就用完了。
旁白 neutral
I walked over to Belltown Hardware to buy more."
我走到贝尔敦五金店去多买些。”
旁白 neutral
" Maybe those little kids knocked the bikes over on their way into the Sweet Shop," Cole suggested
“也许那些小孩在进糖果店的路上把自行车撞倒了,”科尔猜测道。
旁白 neutral
" They seemed awfully excited."
“他们看起来非常兴奋。”
旁白 neutral
" They might have knocked them down by accident, I guess," Maggie said
“我猜他们可能是不小心撞倒的吧,”玛姬说。
旁白 neutral
" But how did our bikes end up in the street behind the van?" she asked
“可我们的自行车怎么跑到货车后面的街上去了?”她问道。
旁白 neutral
" Never mind."
“算了。”
旁白 neutral
Henry got on his bike and rode in a circle, testing the steering and brakes
亨利骑上自行车绕了一圈,检查转向和刹车。
旁白 neutral
Everything seemed to be working
一切似乎都正常。
旁白 neutral
" We should get going," he told Cole and Maggie
“我们该走了,”他对科尔和玛姬说。
旁白 neutral
They said good-bye to Mr. Moss and rode toward West Belltown
他们告别了莫斯先生,骑车向西贝尔顿方向去。
旁白 neutral
" Do you think someone messed with our bikes on purpose?" Cole asked
“你们觉得有人故意动了我们的自行车吗?”科尔问道。
旁白 neutral
" Maybe," Henry said
“也许吧,”亨利说。
旁白 neutral
" Someone might be trying to send us a message to stop our investigation."
“可能有人想给我们一个信息,要我们停止调查。”
旁白 neutral
Cole looked skeptical." That doesn't make sense. Who would want to stop us?
科尔一脸怀疑。“这说不通啊。谁会想阻止我们?
旁白 neutral
Besides, nobody even knew we were at the Sweet Shop just now!"
再说,刚才根本没人知道我们在甜品店啊!”
旁白 neutral
" Mr. Tate did," Maggie pointed out
“泰特先生知道,”玛姬指出。
旁白 neutral
" Maybe he figured out we were getting suspicious of him and he's trying to frame Mrs. Sweet again!
“也许他发现我们对他起疑了,就又想陷害斯威特夫人!
旁白 neutral
He could have followed us to town and messed with our bikes while we were in the Sweet Shop
他可能跟着我们到了镇上,趁我们在甜品店里时动了我们的自行车。
旁白 neutral
Patty was too busy with those kids to look outside and notice anything
帕蒂当时在忙着照看那些孩子,没顾上看外面,也没注意到什么。
旁白 neutral
We were in the back of the shop, so we wouldn't have seen Mr. Tate."
我们当时在店里后面,所以我们也不可能看到泰特先生。
旁白 neutral
" And Mr. Moss was getting paint, so he wouldn't have seen Mr. Tate either."
“而且莫斯先生当时去买油漆了,所以他也不可能看到泰特先生。”
旁白 neutral
Cole looked skeptical." Do you really think Mr. Tate did it?"
科尔看起来半信半疑。“你们真的认为是泰特先生干的吗?”
旁白 neutral
" I guess it's possible — if he's the one who stole the flavor," Henry said
“我想是有这个可能——如果他真的偷了配方的话,”亨利说。
旁白 neutral
" We need to find out."
“我们需要查清楚。”
旁白 neutral
When they reached the Dessert Den, an electrician's truck was parked outside
他们到达甜点屋时,一辆电工的卡车停在外面。
旁白 neutral
The electrician was inside with Mr. Tate
那位电工正和泰特先生在里面。
旁白 neutral
" Hi, kids," Mr. Tate said when Cole knocked on the door
“嘿,孩子们,”科尔敲门时,泰特先生说道。
旁白 neutral
He glanced at the electrician who was working on an overhead light
他瞥了一眼正在修理顶灯的电工。
旁白 neutral
" I can't talk right now," he told the kids
“我现在没空说话,”他对孩子们说。
旁白 neutral
" I have to make sure the lights are ready in time for my grand opening
“我得确保灯光能及时准备好,赶上我的盛大开业。
旁白 neutral
Can you come back later?"
你们能晚点再来吗?”
旁白 neutral
" Sure, I guess," Cole said
“好吧,我想可以,”科尔说。
旁白 neutral
" Now what?" Maggie said as the door shut behind them
“现在怎么办?”门在他们身后关上时,玛姬说。
旁白 neutral
They could see some neighborhood kids running around in a lot a short distance away
他们看到不远处的一块空地上有些邻居孩子在跑来跑去。
旁白 neutral
" Let's go see if Robby is over there," Cole suggested
“我们去看看罗比在不在那边,”科尔提议。
旁白 neutral
" He's one of our suspects, remember?"
“他是我们的嫌疑人之一,记得吗?”
旁白 neutral
" Where's Robby?" Henry asked the other kids
“罗比在哪儿?”亨利问其他孩子。
旁白 neutral
Emma shrugged." He took off on his bike a while ago
艾玛耸了耸肩。“他骑车走了一会儿了。”
旁白 neutral
I don't know where he went."
“我不知道他去哪儿了。”
旁白 neutral
" Have you guys seen the menu inside the Dessert Den?" Maggie blurted out
“你们看过甜品店里面的菜单吗?”玛姬脱口而出。
旁白 neutral
" When did Mr. Tate get it?"
“泰特先生什么时候弄的那个菜单?”
旁白 neutral
A kid shrugged." I peeked in there once, but I didn't notice a sign."
一个孩子耸耸肩。“我往里面瞄过一次,但我没注意到有什么招牌。”
旁白 neutral
" When did you peek in?" Maggie asked
“你什么时候瞄的?”玛姬问。
旁白 neutral
" Was it before or after Monday morning?"
“是星期一早上之前还是之后?”
旁白 neutral
The kid looked surprised." I don't remember. Why?"
那孩子看起来很惊讶。“我不记得了。怎么了?”
旁白 neutral
" No reason," Cole said
“没什么,”科尔说。
旁白 neutral
" But have any of you noticed Mr. Tate doing anything weird during the past few days?"
“但是你们有谁注意到泰特先生这几天做了什么奇怪的事吗?”
旁白 neutral
" Wait," someone said." I thought you guys were working for Mr. Tate
“等等,”有人说。“我以为你们是在为泰特先生工作。
旁白 neutral
Now it sounds like you're investigating him!"
现在听起来你们是在调查他!”
旁白 neutral
Emma's face lit up
艾玛的脸亮了起来。
旁白 neutral
" If you're trying to prove Mr. Tate did something wrong, I bet my parents would help you! Robby's too."
“如果你们想证明泰特先生做了错事,我敢打赌我父母会帮你们!罗比的父母也会。”
旁白 neutral
" They would? Why?" Henry asked
“他们会?为什么?”亨利问。
旁白 neutral
" Our parents were upset when they found out about the Dessert Den," Emma said
“我们的父母发现甜品店的事后很不高兴,”艾玛说。
旁白 neutral
" They were getting ready to ask the town council if they could start a community garden in some of the empty lots."
“他们正准备向镇议会申请,看能不能在一些空地上建个社区花园。”
旁白 neutral
" Really?" Cole said, shooting a look at Henry
“真的?”科尔说,朝亨利看了一眼。
旁白 neutral
Henry's head was already spinning with thoughts
亨利的脑子已经开始飞速转动。
旁白 neutral
Could Emma's news be a clue?
艾玛的消息会是线索吗?
旁白 neutral
It sounded as if some people in the neighborhood had a motive for harming Mr. Tate's business
听起来好像附近有些人有动机去破坏泰特先生的生意。
旁白 neutral
Still, Henry couldn't imagine a bunch of adults stealing an ice-cream flavor
不过,亨利还是无法想象一群成年人会去偷一种冰淇淋口味。
旁白 neutral
Especially if they knew it would get nice Mrs. Sweet in trouble
尤其是如果他们知道这会让好心的斯威特太太惹上麻烦。
旁白 neutral
" Have any of you seen Mrs. Sweet hanging around here lately?" he asked
“你们最近有谁看到斯威特太太在这附近闲逛吗?”他问。
旁白 neutral
Most of the kids shook their heads. But a girl named Hannah smirked
大多数孩子都摇了摇头。但一个叫汉娜的女孩坏笑了一下。
旁白 neutral
" Are you kidding?" she said
“你在开玩笑吧?”她说。
旁白 neutral
" Mrs. Sweet doesn't have time to hang around West Belltown these days
“斯威特太太这些天可没空在西贝尔顿闲逛。
旁白 neutral
She's too busy going out on dates with Mr. Moss!"
她正忙着跟莫斯先生约会呢!”