E45 · Episodes
045 不在场证明
不在场证明
Little Fox Level 6 · The Lemonade Detectives · Episode 45 — 不在场证明.
87 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
" We knew it!" Maggie yelled at Joey." You slashed those tires, didn't you?"
“我们知道了!”玛吉朝乔伊大喊。“是你割破了那些轮胎,对不对?”
旁白 neutral
" It wasn't me!" Joey pointed at Tina
“不是我!”乔伊指着蒂娜说。
旁白 neutral
" She probably did it, and now she's trying to blame it on me!"
“很可能是她干的,现在她想把责任推到我身上!”
旁白 neutral
Tina gasped." I did not do it!"
蒂娜倒吸一口气。“我没干!”
旁白 neutral
All the commotion was attracting attention
这阵骚动引来了注意。
旁白 neutral
" What's going on?" Ashley asked, hurrying over
“出什么事了?”阿什莉匆匆赶过来问道。
旁白 neutral
" This kid slashed the tires!" Maggie cried, pointing at Joey
“这个小孩割破了轮胎!”玛吉喊道,指着乔伊。
旁白 neutral
" I already told you dummies that I didn't do it!" Joey yelled
“我已经告诉你们这些笨蛋了,不是我干的!”乔伊吼道。
旁白 neutral
Maggie glared at him." Why should we believe you?
玛吉瞪着他。“我们为什么要相信你?
旁白 neutral
We heard you teasing Nathan. So we already know you're a bully!"
我们听到你在取笑内森。所以我们早就知道你是个恶霸!”
旁白 neutral
More people had arrived by then
那时,更多人已经围了过来。
旁白 neutral
" Wait," the Belltown cheerleader named Melanie spoke up
"等等,"贝尔镇那个叫梅兰妮的啦啦队长开口了。
旁白 neutral
" He's telling the truth. He didn't do it."
"他说的是实话。真的不是他干的。"
旁白 neutral
" How do you know?" Jill asked
"你怎么知道?"吉尔问道。
旁白 neutral
" Because I saw him hanging out right here by the restrooms," Melanie said
"因为我看到他一直待在这里,就在洗手间旁边,"梅兰妮说。
旁白 neutral
" I was down here for most of the break because I had a stomachache
"休息的大部分时间我都待在这下面,因为我肚子疼。
旁白 neutral
He was here the whole time."
他全程都在这里,从未离开过。"
旁白 neutral
" Are you sure?" Ashley asked
"你确定吗?"阿什莉问。
旁白 neutral
" Maybe he sneaked away while you weren't looking."
"也许他趁你不注意的时候溜走了呢。"
旁白 neutral
Melanie laughed." Are you kidding?
梅兰妮笑了起来。"你开玩笑吧?"
旁白 neutral
Those Valley High colors are so bright you can't miss them
山谷高中队的队服颜色特别鲜亮,一眼就能注意到。
旁白 neutral
I would have noticed if he left even for a second."
他只要离开哪怕一秒钟,我都会注意到的。”
旁白 neutral
" Oh." Ashley shrugged
“哦。”阿什莉耸了耸肩。
旁白 neutral
" Okay, I guess he couldn't have slashed the tires after all."
“好吧,看来轮胎确实没可能是他割的。”
旁白 neutral
Just then Ms. Hernandez arrived." What's all the yelling over here?"
就在这时,埃尔南德斯老师过来了。“这边嚷嚷什么呢?”
旁白 neutral
" Nothing," Jill said." We were just talking."
“没什么,”吉尔说,“我们只是在聊天。”
旁白 neutral
Joey and Tina stomped off in opposite directions
乔伊和蒂娜各自跺着脚朝相反方向走开了。
旁白 neutral
Soon most of the other kids wandered away
很快,其他孩子也都散开了。
旁白 neutral
Henry led his friends to a private spot
亨利把朋友们带到了一处僻静的地方。
旁白 neutral
" I guess Joey didn't do it," he said." He has an alibi."
“我看乔伊确实没干这事儿,”他说,“他有不在场证明。”
旁白 neutral
" What's an alibi?" Maggie asked
“什么是‘不在场证明’?”玛吉问。
旁白 neutral
" It's when someone can prove that he or she wasn't at the scene of the crime," Henry said
“就是有人能证明他或她当时不在犯罪现场,”亨利说。
旁白 neutral
" Joey's alibi is that Melanie saw him by the restrooms
“乔伊的不在场证明是,梅兰妮看见他在洗手间那边。
旁白 neutral
That means he couldn't have been down at the bikes slashing tires."
这意味着他不可能在自行车那儿割轮胎。”
旁白 neutral
" Okay," Maggie said." I guess he's not the culprit. But what about Tina?
“好吧,”玛吉说,“我想他不是犯人了。但蒂娜呢?
旁白 neutral
Melanie didn't say anything about seeing her."
梅兰妮可没说看见过她。”
旁白 neutral
" Yeah. And a few people said she disappeared for a while," Cole added
“是啊。而且有人说她消失了一阵子,”科尔补充道。
旁白 neutral
" She's still a suspect, I guess," Henry said
“我想她还是有嫌疑,”亨利说。
旁白 neutral
" But we shouldn't focus only on the Valley High kids
“但我们不能只盯着山谷高中的人。
旁白 neutral
There are other suspects."
还有其他嫌疑人。”
旁白 neutral
Just then he spotted the stranger in the sunglasses walking along, muttering into a cell phone
就在这时,他注意到那个戴太阳镜的陌生人正一边走,一边对着手机嘀咕。
旁白 neutral
" Like him, for instance," he whispered
“比如说,像他,”他低声说。
旁白 neutral
" Did either of you question him earlier?"
“你们之前有谁问过他吗?”
旁白 neutral
" Nope," Maggie said while Cole shook his head
“没有,”玛吉说,科尔也摇了摇头。
旁白 neutral
" Let's talk to him now," Henry said
“我们现在去跟他谈谈,”亨利说。
旁白 neutral
They hurried after the man, who was heading toward the bike rack
他们连忙跟上那个正走向自行车架的男人。
旁白 neutral
On the way they passed Ms. Hernandez talking to William. He looked upset
路上,他们经过正在和威廉说话的埃尔南德斯老师。威廉看起来很沮丧。
旁白 neutral
" Why can't I leave now?" he whined
“为什么我现在不能走?”他抱怨道。
旁白 neutral
" My bike is ruined, and I want to go home."
“我的自行车毁了,我想回家。”
旁白 neutral
Ms. Hernandez sighed." Please be patient. The new tires will be here soon."
埃尔南德斯老师叹了口气。“请耐心点。新轮胎很快就到。”
旁白 neutral
" They probably won't even fit my bike," William argued
“这些可能根本就不适合我的自行车。”威廉争辩道。
旁白 neutral
" Anyway this ride is no fun."
“反正这次骑行一点也不好玩。”
旁白 neutral
" Why does he want to quit the bike ride?" Maggie whispered
“他为什么想退出骑行?”玛吉小声问道。
旁白 neutral
" Maybe he feels guilty because he committed the crime."
“也许他因为犯了罪而感到内疚。”
旁白 neutral
" But his tire got slashed too," Cole whispered
“但他的轮胎也被割了。”科尔小声说。
旁白 neutral
" Why would he ruin his own tire?"
“他为什么要弄坏自己的轮胎?”
旁白 neutral
" Maybe he did it so nobody would suspect him," Henry said
“也许他这么做是为了不让别人怀疑他。”亨利说。
旁白 neutral
" We can question him after we talk to the mystery man."
“我们可以在和那个神秘人谈完话之后再问他。”
旁白 neutral
They kept going
他们继续往前走。
旁白 neutral
The man in the sunglasses stopped near his own bike and finished up his call
那个戴太阳镜的男人在自己的自行车旁停下,打完了电话。
旁白 neutral
" Hi," Henry said, walking up to the man
“嗨,”亨利一边说,一边朝那个男人走去。
旁白 neutral
" It looks like your tires didn't get slashed, huh? That's lucky."
“看来你的轮胎没被割破,对吧?真幸运。”
旁白 neutral
The man shrugged." I suppose so. But only nine tires were damaged."
男人耸了耸肩。“我想是吧。但只有九个轮胎被损坏了。”
旁白 neutral
Henry traded a look with his friends
亨利和朋友们交换了一个眼神。
旁白 neutral
How did this man know exactly how many tires had been slashed?
这个男人怎么知道一共有多少个轮胎被割破的?
旁白 neutral
It seemed suspicious
这看起来很可疑。
旁白 neutral
" How did you hear about this bike ride?" Cole asked
“你是怎么听说这次骑行活动的?”科尔问道。
旁白 neutral
" Most of the riders are from the Belltown schools
“大多数骑手都来自贝尔镇的各所学校。
旁白 neutral
I didn't know other people even knew about it."
我都不知道其他人也知道这件事。”
旁白 neutral
The man looked away." News gets around, I guess," he muttered
男人移开了目光。“消息总会传开的,我猜。”他咕哝道。
旁白 neutral
Henry could tell he didn't want to answer their questions
亨利看得出他不想回答他们的问题。
旁白 neutral
That seemed suspicious too
这也显得很可疑。
旁白 neutral
Luckily Henry's father worked as a reporter at the local newspaper
幸运的是,亨利的父亲是当地报社的记者。
旁白 neutral
He'd taught Henry a few interviewer's tricks
他教过亨利几个采访的小技巧。
旁白 neutral
One trick was rewording the same question in a different way
其中一个技巧就是用不同的方式,换个说法问同一个问题。
旁白 neutral
" Did you see a flyer hanging up around town?" he asked
“你在镇上看到贴的传单了吗?”他问道。
旁白 neutral
" I bet that's how you heard about the ride
“我猜你就是这样知道这次骑行的。
旁白 neutral
Or maybe you have a relative that goes to Belltown High."
或者你有个亲戚在贝尔镇高中上学。”
旁白 neutral
" Not exactly." The man looked annoyed
“不是这样的。”男人看起来很恼怒。
旁白 neutral
" Actually I'm a news reporter. I'm here to cover the story for the local paper."
“其实我是一名新闻记者。我是来这里为本地报纸报道这个故事的。”
旁白 neutral
" What?" Maggie exclaimed." But..."
“什么?”玛吉惊呼道。“可是……”
旁白 neutral
Henry elbowed her in the ribs before she could say anything more
亨利在她能说出更多话之前,用胳膊肘捅了捅她的肋骨。
旁白 neutral
A second later the stranger hurried off
一秒钟后,那个陌生人匆匆离开了。
旁白 neutral
Cole looked confused." What was that all about?
科尔看起来很困惑。“这是怎么回事?
旁白 neutral
Does that man work with your dad, Henry?"
那个人是和你爸爸一起工作的吗,亨利?”
旁白 neutral
" No," Henry said
“不是,”亨利说。
旁白 neutral
" I know all the reporters at the paper, and that guy isn't one of them. He's lying!"
“我认识报社所有的记者,那个人不是其中之一。他在撒谎!”