E56 · Episodes
056 在人行道上煎鸡蛋
在人行道上煎鸡蛋
Little Fox Level 5 · Iggy the Incredible Inventor · Episode 56 — 在人行道上煎鸡蛋.
70 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
For a minute we all stared at Tufty
有那么一会儿,我们都盯着塔夫蒂。
旁白 neutral
Then we burst out laughing
然后我们爆笑起来。
旁白 neutral
" I can't believe Tufty made that subway sound!" said Josh
“真不敢相信塔夫蒂发出了地铁的声音!”乔希说。
旁白 neutral
" It sounded like a real subway train!" said Molly
“听起来就像真的地铁列车!”莫莉说。
旁白 neutral
" But Aunt Lydia said that Tufty has never said a word," said Jenny
“但是莉迪亚姑姑说过,塔夫蒂从来没说过一个字。”珍妮说。
旁白 neutral
" He didn't say a word," I pointed out
“他没说话,”我指出,
旁白 neutral
" He made a sound
“他只是发出了一个声音。
旁白 neutral
He roared like a subway train!"
他像地铁列车一样吼叫!”
旁白 neutral
" Aunt Lydia lived near the subway," said Josh
“莉迪亚姑姑以前住在地铁附近,”乔希说,
旁白 neutral
" Maybe Tufty learned to imitate the sound of the trains."
“也许塔夫蒂学会了模仿列车的声音。”
旁白 neutral
Mrs. O'Donnell looked worried
奥唐纳夫人看起来很担心。
旁白 neutral
" I hope he never does that again," she said
“我希望它再也别那样了,”她说。
旁白 neutral
" We can't keep a noisy parrot in our apartment
“我们不能在公寓里养一只吵闹的鹦鹉。
旁白 neutral
Our neighbors will get very annoyed."
邻居们会很生气的。”
旁白 neutral
" We have to keep Tufty, Mom," said Molly
“我们得留下塔夫蒂,妈妈,”莫莉说。
旁白 neutral
" He's so cute and friendly!
“它又可爱又友好!
旁白 neutral
And he's going to help me get better!"
而且它还会帮我好起来!”
旁白 neutral
Tufty began cleaning his feathers
塔夫蒂开始梳理自己的羽毛。
旁白 neutral
" He's quiet now," said Jenny
“它现在安静了,”珍妮说。
旁白 neutral
" It's hard to believe he made such a loud noise," said Josh
“真难相信它发出过那么大的噪音,”乔希说。
旁白 neutral
Molly's mom shook her head
莫莉的妈妈摇了摇头。
旁白 neutral
" I just hope it doesn't happen again," she said
“我只希望它不要再发生了,”她说。
旁白 neutral
We watched as she began to take food out of a big cooler
我们看着她开始从一个大冷藏箱里拿出食物。
旁白 neutral
" We use this cooler for camping," she said
“我们露营时会用这个冷藏箱,”她说。
旁白 neutral
" But during a blackout, it really comes in handy too."
“不过停电的时候,它也真的很有用。”
旁白 neutral
Molly's mom had filled the cooler with ice from the market
莫莉的妈妈用市场上买来的冰装满了冷藏箱。
旁白 neutral
She took out fruit, juice, and some eggs
她拿出了水果、果汁和一些鸡蛋。
旁白 neutral
" These eggs are still cold," she said
“这些鸡蛋还是凉的,”她说。
旁白 neutral
" I'll have to throw them out if the refrigerator doesn't come back on soon."
“要是冰箱不能很快恢复供电,我就得把它们扔掉了。”
旁白 neutral
Molly's mom made us a snack of peanut butter, crackers, and fruit
莫莉的妈妈给我们做了花生酱、饼干和水果当点心。
旁白 neutral
We all drank some juice
我们都喝了点果汁。
旁白 neutral
Tufty sat on top of his cage and watched us
塔夫蒂坐在它的笼子顶上,望着我们。
旁白 neutral
Then he flew down and pecked at cracker crumbs that fell on the floor
然后它飞下来,啄食掉在地上的饼干屑。
旁白 neutral
Luckily, he didn't make any more subway sounds
幸运的是,它没再发出地铁的噪音。
旁白 neutral
Suddenly Caswell called from the living room," Guess what I'm doing!"
突然,卡斯韦尔在客厅里喊道:“猜猜我在干什么!”
旁白 neutral
" Uh-oh," said Molly's mother
“哎呀,”莫莉的妈妈说。
旁白 neutral
Josh, Jenny, and I hurried into the living room
我和乔什、珍妮赶忙跑进客厅。
旁白 neutral
Caswell was peering out of the window
卡斯韦尔正贴着窗户往外看。
旁白 neutral
Beside him was the carton of eggs that Mrs. O'Donnell had been storing in the cooler
他旁边放着那盒奥唐纳太太一直存放在冷藏箱里的鸡蛋。
旁白 neutral
Several of the eggs were missing
其中有好几个鸡蛋不见了。
旁白 neutral
" Hey!" yelled a man from the street below
“喂!”楼下的街上有个男人喊道。
旁白 neutral
" Who's dropping raw eggs on the sidewalk?"
“谁往人行道上扔生鸡蛋?”
旁白 neutral
Mrs. O'Donnell ran into the room
奥唐纳夫人跑进了房间。
旁白 neutral
" Caswell, what are you doing?" she cried
“卡斯韦尔,你在干什么?”她喊道。
旁白 neutral
" I'm making fried eggs," said Caswell
“我在做煎蛋,”卡斯韦尔说。
旁白 neutral
" Iggy's mom said it was hot enough to fry eggs on the sidewalk."
“伊吉的妈妈说,天热得都能在人行道上煎蛋了。”
旁白 neutral
I started laughing
我笑了起来。
旁白 neutral
" That's one way to cook them!" I said
“这倒是个煎蛋的法子!”我说。
旁白 neutral
" Caswell, she didn't mean you could really fry eggs on the sidewalk," said Josh
“卡斯韦尔,她的意思不是你真的可以在人行道上煎蛋,”乔希说。
旁白 neutral
" That's just an expression," I explained
“那只是个夸张的说法,”我解释道。
旁白 neutral
" It means that it's very, very hot outside."
“意思是外面非常非常热。”
旁白 neutral
Caswell looked disappointed
卡斯韦尔看起来有些失望。
旁白 neutral
" So the eggs won't really cook?"
“所以鸡蛋是真的煎不熟吗?”
旁白 neutral
" No, and you had better clean up the mess right now!" said Mrs. O'Donnell
“是的,而且你最好现在就把这里收拾干净!”奥唐纳夫人说。
旁白 neutral
She looked at the rest of us
她看着我们其余的人。
旁白 neutral
" Can you please help him?"
“你们能帮他一下吗?”
旁白 neutral
Josh, Jenny, and I went downstairs with Caswell and cleaned up the eggs from the sidewalk
乔希、珍妮和我,跟着卡斯韦尔下楼去清理人行道上的鸡蛋。
旁白 neutral
Mr. Calabria helped us
卡拉布里亚先生也来帮忙。
旁白 neutral
" I talked to the workmen," he said
“我和工人们谈过了,”他说。
旁白 neutral
" Our electricity will be back on tomorrow."
“我们明天就能恢复供电了。”
旁白 neutral
I groaned." That means another hot night," I thought
我叹了口气。“这意味着还要熬一个炎热的夜晚,”我想。
旁白 neutral
" At least we can have fun with Tufty,"
“至少我们可以和塔夫蒂一起玩得很开心,”
旁白 neutral
said Molly when we got back upstairs
我们回到楼上时,莫莉说。
旁白 neutral
That night my battery fan hummed on my dresser, blowing air around the room
那天晚上,我靠电池供电的风扇在梳妆台上嗡嗡地转着,搅动着房间里的空气。
旁白 neutral
From somewhere far away, I could hear another sound
从远处的某个地方,我听到了另一个声音。
旁白 neutral
Whoo! Whoo!
呜!呜!
旁白 neutral
" A train whistle?" I thought sleepily
“火车汽笛声?”我昏昏欲睡地想。
旁白 neutral
" I never heard a train whistle from my room before."
“我以前从没在房间里听到过火车汽笛声。”
旁白 neutral
I should have known it wasn't a real train whistle
我本该知道那不是真的火车汽笛声。
旁白 neutral
After all, it was coming from Molly's apartment, right across the hall!
毕竟,声音是从莫莉的公寓传来的,就在走廊对面!