Level 5 · 了不起的小发明家
🎬

E55 · Episodes

055 乔什的想法

乔什的想法

Little Fox Level 5 · Iggy the Incredible Inventor · Episode 55 — 乔什的想法.

70 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

I was worried about Molly

我担心莫莉。

旁白 neutral

I didn't want her to have an operation

我不想让她做手术。

旁白 neutral

But I was also worried about me

但我也担心我自己。

旁白 neutral

What if I couldn't think of a way to cheer Molly up?

如果我想不出让莫莉振作起来的办法怎么办?

旁白 neutral

What if I — Iggy, the incredible inventor — was finally out of incredible ideas?

如果我——了不起的发明家伊吉——终究耗尽了奇思妙想,怎么办?

旁白 neutral

Josh and Jenny went home, and I went to my room

乔什和詹妮回家了,我回到了自己的房间。

旁白 neutral

To get my mind off worrying about Molly, I started tinkering with my fan

为了不再为莫莉担心,我开始摆弄我的风扇。

旁白 neutral

And guess what

你猜怎么着。

旁白 neutral

I found out that my fan worked with batteries!

我发现我的风扇可以用电池工作!

旁白 neutral

I didn't need electricity to use it

我用它不需要电。

旁白 neutral

I liked having my fan on again, even if it did just blow hot air around

我喜欢重新打开风扇,即使它只是吹着热风。

旁白 neutral

Later Josh, Jenny, and I visited Molly

后来乔什、珍妮和我去看了莫莉。

旁白 neutral

Since we had no electricity, we played games and did jigsaw puzzles together

因为没有电,我们一起玩游戏、拼拼图。

旁白 neutral

At first Molly seemed cheerful

一开始莫莉看起来挺开心的。

旁白 neutral

But then she began to look sad again

但后来她又开始显得难过。

旁白 neutral

" My whole summer is ruined," she said

“我的整个夏天都毁了。”她说。

旁白 neutral

" I can't ride my bike in the park or go on the swings

“我不能在公园里骑自行车,也不能荡秋千了。

旁白 neutral

If only that bee hadn't chased me!"

要是那只蜜蜂没有追我就好了!”

旁白 neutral

" Don't think about that," said Jenny

“别想那些了。”珍妮说。

旁白 neutral

" Think about getting better quickly."

“想想快点好起来。”

旁白 neutral

" I saw a TV show about how pets can help people get better," I said

“我看过一个电视节目,说宠物能帮助人康复。”我说。

旁白 neutral

" My mom is allergic to cats and dogs," Molly reminded me

“我妈妈对猫和狗都过敏。”莫莉提醒我。

旁白 neutral

" Why don't you keep Caswell as a pet?" suggested Jenny

“你为什么不养卡斯韦尔当宠物呢?”珍妮建议道。

旁白 neutral

Josh laughed." You could keep him in a cage like a zoo animal!"

乔什笑了。“你可以把他关在笼子里,像动物园的动物一样!”

旁白 neutral

Caswell started hopping around the room

卡斯韦尔开始在房间里跳来跳去。

旁白 neutral

" I'm a monkey! I'm a monkey!" he cried

“我是猴子!我是猴子!”他喊道。

旁白 neutral

That made everyone laugh

这让大家都笑了起来。

旁白 neutral

But I noticed that Josh was unusually quiet

但我注意到乔什异常安静。

旁白 neutral

When Molly was searching for a missing puzzle piece, I saw him whispering to Jenny

当莫莉在找一块丢失的拼图时,我看见他在跟珍妮耳语。

旁白 neutral

Jenny's eyes widened

珍妮的眼睛瞪大了。

旁白 neutral

Then she nodded and smiled

然后她点了点头,笑了。

旁白 neutral

A moment later Josh and Jenny went into the hallway

过了一会儿,乔什和珍妮去了走廊。

旁白 neutral

I could hear them talking to Molly's mom in low voices

我能听见他们在和莫莉的妈妈低声说话。

旁白 neutral

"... help Molly..." I heard Josh say

“……帮帮莫莉……”我听见乔什说。

旁白 neutral

" If he's quiet," answered Molly's mom

“如果他安静的话。”莫莉的妈妈回答。

旁白 neutral

What would help Molly?

什么能帮到莫莉呢?

旁白 neutral

And if who was quiet? I wondered

而且,谁要保持安静?我心里纳闷。

旁白 neutral

After that Josh and Jenny went downstairs to their apartment

之后,乔什和珍妮下楼回他们的公寓了。

旁白 neutral

When they came back, they were carrying Tufty in his cage

他们回来时,提着装着小毛球的笼子。

旁白 neutral

Molly smiled." Hello, Tufty," she said

莫莉笑了。“你好,小毛球。”她说。

旁白 neutral

" Have you come to visit?"

“你是来看望我的吗?”

旁白 neutral

" He's come to stay forever!" Jenny burst out

“它要永远留在这儿了!”珍妮脱口而出。

旁白 neutral

" Jenny and I want to give you Tufty," said Josh

“珍妮和我想把小毛球送给你。”乔什说。

旁白 neutral

" We already have two pets, and Tufty will cheer you up."

“我们已经有两只宠物了,而且小毛球能让你开心起来。”

旁白 neutral

Molly's mom had come into the kitchen

莫莉的妈妈走进了厨房。

旁白 neutral

She was smiling broadly

她笑得很灿烂。

旁白 neutral

" Can I keep Tufty, Mom?" Molly asked

“妈妈,我可以留下小毛球吗?”莫莉问道。

旁白 neutral

" I told Josh and Jenny it would be all right as long as Mr. Chen agreed," replied Mrs. O'Donnell

“我跟乔什和珍妮说过,只要陈先生同意就没问题。”奥唐纳太太回答。

旁白 neutral

" And I'm not allergic to birds."

“而且我对鸟不过敏。”

旁白 neutral

" My dad thought it was a great idea!" said Josh

“我爸爸觉得这是个超棒的主意!”乔什说。

旁白 neutral

" We can visit Tufty every day," said Jenny

“我们可以每天来看小毛球。”珍妮说。

旁白 neutral

" I can't believe it!" cried Molly

“我简直不敢相信!”莫莉叫了起来。

旁白 neutral

" My own pet!

“我自己的宠物!

旁白 neutral

Thank you, Josh and Jenny!"

谢谢你们,乔什和珍妮!”

旁白 neutral

" Wow," I thought

“哇,”我心想。

旁白 neutral

I hadn't been able to invent something to help Molly

我没能发明出什么东西来帮助莫莉。

旁白 neutral

But Josh and Jenny found a great way to help her

但乔什和珍妮找到了一个很棒的办法来帮她。

旁白 neutral

" Maybe we can teach Tufty to talk," said Jenny

“也许我们可以教小毛球说话。”珍妮说。

旁白 neutral

" I don't think so," said Josh

“我觉得不太可能。”乔什说。

旁白 neutral

" Aunt Lydia said she never heard Tufty say a word."

“莉迪亚姑妈说她从没听小毛球说过一个字。”

旁白 neutral

I leaned closer to Tufty's cage

我凑近了小毛球的笼子。

旁白 neutral

" Hello, Tufty," I said

“你好,小毛球。”我说。

旁白 neutral

Tufty cocked his head and stared at me silently

小毛球歪着头,一声不响地盯着我。

旁白 neutral

" I'm glad Tufty is a quiet bird," said Molly's mom

“我很高兴小毛球是只安静的鸟。”莫莉的妈妈说。

旁白 neutral

" Our apartment is pretty small."

“我们的公寓挺小的。”

旁白 neutral

Tufty opened his beak wide

小毛球把嘴张得大大的。

旁白 neutral

For a second I thought he was going to yawn

有那么一瞬间,我以为它要打哈欠。

旁白 neutral

Suddenly the loud roar of a subway train speeding under the street filled the room

突然,地铁列车在街道下飞驰而过的巨大轰鸣声响彻房间。

旁白 neutral

But there was no subway train under our street

可是,我们这条街道底下根本没有地铁。

旁白 neutral

The roar of the subway train had come from Tufty!

那地铁列车的轰鸣声,竟然是小毛球发出来的!