Level 5 · 了不起的小发明家
🎬

E51 · Episodes

051 有史以来最热的一天

有史以来最热的一天

Little Fox Level 5 · Iggy the Incredible Inventor · Episode 51 — 有史以来最热的一天.

63 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

It was the middle of July, and the hottest day ever

那是七月中旬,也是有史以来最热的一天。

旁白 neutral

At least that's how it felt in my room

至少我的房间里是这么感觉的。

旁白 neutral

My skylight window was open, but it didn't help one bit

我的天窗开着,但一点用都没有。

旁白 neutral

My fan was blowing, but it just seemed to blow more hot air around

我的风扇在吹,但似乎只是把热风到处吹。

旁白 neutral

I was even wearing my bathing suit, and I was still hot!

我甚至穿上了泳衣,但还是很热!

旁白 neutral

My friends call me " Iggy the Incredible Inventor."

我的朋友们叫我“不可思议的发明家伊吉”。

旁白 neutral

But there was no way I could invent anything today

但我今天根本没法发明任何东西了。

旁白 neutral

It was too hot for me to even think!

天太热了,我连思考都做不到!

旁白 neutral

Suddenly my fan stopped working

突然,我的风扇停了。

旁白 neutral

" Mom!" I called." It's really hot in here!

“妈妈!”我喊道。“这里真的很热!

旁白 neutral

Can we get an air conditioner for my room?"

能在我房间里装个空调吗?"

旁白 neutral

My mom was getting ready to go shopping

妈妈正准备出门买东西。

旁白 neutral

" We can't fit an air conditioner in your tiny room, Iggy," she called from the kitchen

"伊吉,你那个小房间可装不下空调,"她从厨房喊道。

旁白 neutral

" Besides, I think the power just went out in the whole building

"再说,整栋楼好像都停电了。

旁白 neutral

The lights aren't working and the air conditioner in the living room turned off."

灯都不亮了,客厅的空调也关了。"

旁白 neutral

" My fan isn't working either!" I told her

"我的风扇也不转了!"我对她说。

旁白 neutral

My brother, Tate, stuck his head in my room

我哥哥泰特把头探进我房间。

旁白 neutral

" Why don't you stop yelling and invent something?" he said

"你与其在这儿大喊大叫,不如发明点什么东西?"他说。

旁白 neutral

" I can't," I said

"我做不到,"我说。

旁白 neutral

" It's so hot in here, my brain won't work."

"这儿太热了,我的脑子都转不动了。"

旁白 neutral

" Ha-ha!" Tate laughed." Iggy's brain is melting!"

“哈哈!” 泰特笑着说,“伊吉的脑子都要化掉了!”

旁白 neutral

" That's not funny!" I cried," Mom! Tate said my brain is melting!"

“一点儿都不好笑!” 我喊道,“妈妈! 泰特说我的脑子要化掉了!”

旁白 neutral

" I want you two boys to get along while I'm gone," my mother said

“我不在家的时候,你们俩要好好相处。” 妈妈说。

旁白 neutral

" It's too hot to argue."

“天太热了,别吵架了。”

旁白 neutral

A few minutes after my mom left, Molly knocked on our door

妈妈离开几分钟后,莫莉来敲我们家的门。

旁白 neutral

Her little brother, Caswell, was with her

她的弟弟卡斯威尔也来了。

旁白 neutral

" Wow," said Molly, sinking down on a chair in our living room

“哇,” 莫莉说着,一屁股坐到我们客厅的椅子上。

旁白 neutral

" It's even hotter in your apartment than it is in ours!

“你们家比我们家还热!

旁白 neutral

Our power stopped working a few minutes ago."

我们家几分钟前也停电了。”

旁白 neutral

" The whole building is out of electricity," explained Tate

“整栋楼都断电了。” 泰特解释道。

旁白 neutral

" Can you invent something to cool us off, Iggy?" asked Molly

“伊吉,你能发明点什么让我们凉快下来吗?”莫莉问。

旁白 neutral

I shook my head." Nope."

我摇了摇头。“不行。”

旁白 neutral

Caswell was looking at me

卡斯威尔正看着我。

旁白 neutral

" Why do you have your bathing suit on, Iggy?" he asked

“伊吉,你为什么穿着泳衣?”他问。

旁白 neutral

" Are you going swimming?"

“你要去游泳吗?”

旁白 neutral

" I was trying to stay cool," I told him

“我本来是想保持凉快。”我对他说。

旁白 neutral

Just then someone knocked on the door again

就在这时,又有人敲门了。

旁白 neutral

It was Josh and Jenny, from the floor below us

是乔什和珍妮,住在我们楼下。

旁白 neutral

Josh's dog, Bunch, was with them

乔什的狗邦奇也跟他们在一起。

旁白 neutral

Poor Bunch was hanging his head and panting

可怜的邦奇耷拉着脑袋,喘着气。

旁白 neutral

He looked very hot

它看起来热极了。

旁白 neutral

I brought him a bowl of water to drink

我给它端来一碗水喝。

旁白 neutral

" Guess what?" said Jenny, while Bunch lapped noisily from the bowl

“猜猜看?”珍妮说,邦奇正吧唧吧唧地舔水喝。

旁白 neutral

" Our air conditioner blew a fuse."

“我们空调的保险丝烧了。”

旁白 neutral

" What's a fuse?" asked Caswell

“保险丝是什么?”卡斯威尔问。

旁白 neutral

Josh shrugged." I'm not exactly sure

乔什耸了耸肩。“我也不太确定。

旁白 neutral

But Mr. Calabria said it made all the electricity in the building go out."

但卡拉布里亚先生说,它让整栋楼都停电了。”

旁白 neutral

" Just like Iggy's brain," said Tate

“就像伊吉的脑子一样,”泰特说。

旁白 neutral

" It blew a fuse today too!"

“今天也烧断保险丝了!”

旁白 neutral

" Very funny," I said, frowning at him

“真好笑,”我皱着眉头对他说。

旁白 neutral

" Iggy, can you think of a way to stay cool?" asked Jenny

“伊吉,你能想个办法凉快下来吗?”珍妮问。

旁白 neutral

I was sick of answering this question

这个问题我都听腻了。

旁白 neutral

Luckily, Molly answered for me this time

幸好,这次莫莉替我回答了。

旁白 neutral

" Iggy can't think," she said." He's too hot."

“伊吉想不出来,”她说,“他太热了。”

旁白 neutral

" Wait a minute," I said." I do have an idea!"

“等一下,”我说,“我确实有个主意!”

旁白 neutral

" I hope it's a good one!" said Josh

“希望是个好主意!”乔什说。

旁白 neutral

" If I get any hotter, I'll blow a fuse too."

“要是再热下去,我的保险丝也要烧断了。”

旁白 neutral

" Well, it's not a great idea," I said, grinning

“嗯,算不上什么了不起的主意,”我咧嘴笑着说。

旁白 neutral

" But it could lead to a great idea!"

“但说不定能引出了不起的主意!”

旁白 neutral

" What is it?" asked Molly

“什么主意?”莫莉问。

旁白 neutral

" I'm going to put an ice pack on my head," I said

“我要在头上放个冰袋,”我说。

旁白 neutral

" That will cool off my brain

“这样就能给我的大脑降温。

旁白 neutral

Then I'll be able to think of my next incredible invention!"

然后我就能想出下一个惊人的发明了!”