Level 5 · 了不起的小发明家
🎬

E50 · Episodes

050 布赖特先生是对的

布赖特先生是对的

Little Fox Level 5 · Iggy the Incredible Inventor · Episode 50 — 布赖特先生是对的.

73 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

Everyone in the school auditorium was quiet

学校礼堂里每个人都安静了下来。

旁白 neutral

We were waiting for Mr. Bright to call out the name of the winner

我们都在等着布莱特先生宣布获胜者的名字。

旁白 neutral

" And the winner is Evan Demarco for his Automatic Fish-Feeder!" cried Mr. Bright

“获胜者是埃文·德马尔科,凭借他的自动喂鱼器!”布莱特先生喊道。

旁白 neutral

Evan stood up, and everyone clapped and cheered

埃文站了起来,大家都鼓掌欢呼。

旁白 neutral

I clapped too, but I was stunned

我也鼓了掌,但我目瞪口呆。

旁白 neutral

I felt like a balloon with all the air let out

我觉得自己像一只泄了气的气球。

旁白 neutral

I was Iggy the Incredible Inventor

我可是了不起的发明家伊吉啊。

旁白 neutral

But I had not won!

但我却没有获胜!

旁白 neutral

Neither of my inventions would be in The Kids' Invention Guide

我的发明没有一个能入选《儿童发明指南》。

旁白 neutral

I could understand Mr. Bright not choosing the Fabulous Glasses-Finder

我能理解布莱特先生没有选“神奇眼镜寻回器”。

旁白 neutral

But what about my Pick-a-Number?

那我的“选数字”呢?

旁白 neutral

All the kids had loved that invention!

孩子们明明都很喜欢那个发明!

旁白 neutral

On the way out of the assembly, Evan came up to me

走出会场时,埃文来到了我的身边。

旁白 neutral

" Thanks, Iggy!" he said

“谢谢你,伊吉!”他说。

旁白 neutral

" For what?" I asked

“谢什么?”我问。

旁白 neutral

" For inspiring me to invent something," said Evan

“谢谢你激励我搞了个发明。”埃文说。

旁白 neutral

I looked at him

我看着他。

旁白 neutral

" What do you mean?"

“什么意思?”

旁白 neutral

" You always invent such cool things," he said

“你总是能发明些很酷的东西,”他说。

旁白 neutral

" So I wanted to invent something cool too."

“所以我也想发明个很酷的东西。”

旁白 neutral

" Oh," I answered with a smile

“哦,”我微笑着回答。

旁白 neutral

" Well, congratulations for winning

“那么,恭喜你获奖。

旁白 neutral

Your Automatic Fish-Feeder is a great idea."

你的自动喂鱼器是个很棒的主意。”

旁白 neutral

I felt better, knowing I had inspired Evan

知道自己激励了埃文,我感觉好多了。

旁白 neutral

But I still couldn't help feeling a little disappointed

但我还是忍不住感到一丝失望。

旁白 neutral

After school Jenny, Josh, Molly, and I went to the park

放学后,珍妮、乔希、莫莉和我去了公园。

旁白 neutral

" My teacher said I can take my math and spelling tests again," Jenny told us happily

“我的老师说我数学和拼写测验可以重考了,”珍妮高兴地告诉我们。

旁白 neutral

" And I can see all the way across the park now."

“而且我现在能一直看到公园的那一头了。”

旁白 neutral

A second later Jenny gasped

下一秒,珍妮倒吸了一口气。

旁白 neutral

" Look! It's Mr. Bright!"

“看!是布莱特先生!”

旁白 neutral

Sure enough, there was Mr. Bright on the other side of the park

果不其然,布莱特先生就在公园的另一边。

旁白 neutral

" He's with a girl on a bike," said Josh

“他和一个骑自行车的女孩在一起,”乔希说。

旁白 neutral

In a few minutes, we had reached Mr. Bright

几分钟后,我们走到了布莱特先生跟前。

旁白 neutral

" Hi, Mr. Bright!" said Molly

“嗨,布莱特先生!”莫莉说。

旁白 neutral

" We saw you at our school today."

“我们今天在学校看到您了。”

旁白 neutral

" You were a great audience," said Mr. Bright

“你们是很棒的观众,”布莱特先生说。

旁白 neutral

He turned to the girl on the bike

他转向骑自行车的女孩。

旁白 neutral

" This is my daughter, Emily."

“这是我女儿,艾米丽。”

旁白 neutral

" Hi," said Emily

“嗨,”艾米丽说。

旁白 neutral

" I'm glad to see you kids again," said Mr. Bright

“很高兴再次见到你们这些孩子,”布莱特先生说。

旁白 neutral

" There was someone I wanted to talk to at your school today

“今天在学校,有个人我想跟他谈谈。

旁白 neutral

He wrote about a really great invention, but I can't remember his name."

他写了一个特别棒的发明,但我记不起他的名字了。”

旁白 neutral

" What was the invention?" asked Josh

“是什么发明?”乔希问。

旁白 neutral

" It was called the Fabulous Glasses-Finder," said Mr. Bright

“叫神奇的眼镜寻找器,”布莱特先生说。

旁白 neutral

I couldn't believe it

我简直不敢相信。

旁白 neutral

" That was my invention!" I cried

“那是我的发明!”我喊道。

旁白 neutral

" It's a very interesting idea," said Mr. Bright

“这想法很有趣,”布莱特先生说。

旁白 neutral

" The only problem is that your glasses-finder is not easy to use."

“唯一的问题是,你的眼镜寻找器不太好用。”

旁白 neutral

My heart sank

我的心一沉。

旁白 neutral

" However," said Mr. Bright," the invention works well for objects bigger than glasses, like bicycles!"

“不过,”布莱特先生说,“这个发明对眼镜大的东西效果很好,比如自行车!”

旁白 neutral

I smiled." Really?"

我笑了。“真的吗?”

旁白 neutral

" Yes," said Mr. Bright." Tell them, Emily."

“是的,”布莱特先生说。“告诉他们吧,艾米丽。”

旁白 neutral

" I ride my bike to school every day," she said

“我每天骑自行车上学,”她说。

旁白 neutral

" Most kids at my school do

“我学校大部分孩子都这样。

旁白 neutral

Sometimes there are so many bikes in the racks, it's hard to find yours

有时候车架上的自行车太多,很难找到自己的那辆。

旁白 neutral

So I put a flower on my handlebars

所以我就在车把上放了朵花。

旁白 neutral

And now I can spot my bike right away!"

现在我能一下子就找到我的自行车啦!”

旁白 neutral

" It's a brilliant idea!" said Mr. Bright

“这真是个绝妙的主意!”布莱特先生说。

旁白 neutral

I smiled, but something was bothering me

我笑了,但有个事情让我有点纠结。

旁白 neutral

" But I didn't actually invent a bicycle-finder," I said

“可我其实没有发明过自行车寻找器啊,”我说。

旁白 neutral

" Of course you did," said Mr. Bright

“你当然发明了,”布莱特先生说。

旁白 neutral

" Sometimes a person invents something, and someone else finds another use for it

“有时候一个人发明了某样东西,别人会为它找到另一种用途。

旁白 neutral

That's part of solving problems."

这也是解决问题的一部分。”

旁白 neutral

I thought about the number machine at the bakery

我想起了面包店里的数字机。

旁白 neutral

That invention had given me the idea for the Pick-a-Number

那个发明启发我做出了选号机。

旁白 neutral

" Be sure to write about another invention next time I visit your school," said Mr. Bright

“下次我去你们学校的时候,记得再写一个发明哦,”布莱特先生说。

旁白 neutral

" Okay," I said. I grinned happily

“好的,”我说着,开心地咧嘴笑了。

旁白 neutral

I had solved a problem on the playground

我解决了操场上的问题。

旁白 neutral

I had figured out why Jenny was having trouble in school

我弄清楚了珍妮在学校遇到困难的原因。

旁白 neutral

I had inspired Evan

我激励了埃文。

旁白 neutral

And now, with Mr. Bright's help, I had invented a bicycle-finder

而现在,在布莱特先生的帮助下,我还发明了自行车寻找器。

旁白 neutral

I, Iggy, hadn't won the contest at school

我,伊吉,虽然没赢得学校比赛。

旁白 neutral

But I was still an incredible inventor!

但我依然是个了不起的发明家!