Level 5 · 了不起的小发明家
🎬

E47 · Episodes

047 数字游戏

数字游戏

Little Fox Level 5 · Iggy the Incredible Inventor · Episode 47 — 数字游戏.

60 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

I wasn't able to help Jenny with her school problems

我没办法帮珍妮解决她的学校问题。

旁白 neutral

But I had a new invention idea, and it was going to be great

但我有了个新发明点子,而且一定会很棒。

旁白 neutral

This invention wouldn't fall into a fish tank or get caught on anyone's sweater

这项发明不会掉进鱼缸里,也不会勾住别人的毛衣。

旁白 neutral

And there was still time to write about it for Mr. Bright

而且还有时间写下来给布莱特先生看。

旁白 neutral

" What's your idea, Iggy?" asked Jenny as we headed home

“你想到什么点子了,伊吉?”回家路上,珍妮问道。

旁白 neutral

" Did you see the way that ticket machine worked at the bakery?" I asked

“你们看到面包店那个取号机是怎么运作的吗?”我问道。

旁白 neutral

" You mean where you pick a number so you can save your place in line?" asked Molly

“你是说抽个号码,这样就能在排队时保留位置的那种?”莫莉问道。

旁白 neutral

" That's right," I said

“没错。”我说。

旁白 neutral

" We could print tickets for the bumpy slide

“我们可以给凹凸滑梯印号码牌。

旁白 neutral

Kids would pick a ticket and wait for their number to be called."

孩子们抽个号码牌,等叫到他们的号就行。”

旁白 neutral

" No one would have to stand in line anymore," said Jenny

“再也没有人需要排队了,”珍妮说。

旁白 neutral

I nodded." Kids could run around the playground until their number was called."

我点点头。“孩子们可以在操场上跑来跑去,直到叫到他们的号码。”

旁白 neutral

" Your invention is just in time, Iggy," said Josh

“你的发明来得正是时候,伊吉,”乔什说。

旁白 neutral

" I heard Mr. Dalmati say that kids were pushing and shoving too much in line

“我听到达尔马蒂老师说孩子们排队时推推搡搡得太厉害了。

旁白 neutral

And no one gets much exercise at recess anymore."

而且现在课间休息时,几乎没人能得到多少锻炼了。”

旁白 neutral

I frowned, thinking

我皱着眉,思索着。

旁白 neutral

" I could cut up pieces of cardboard and print the numbers on them," I said

“我可以把硬纸板裁成小片,在上面印上号码,”我说。

旁白 neutral

" Then kids can pick the numbers out of a bag."

“然后孩子们就可以从袋子里抽号码了。”

旁白 neutral

Everyone agreed to help print tickets for the slide

大家都同意帮忙为滑梯印制票券。

旁白 neutral

So we went upstairs to my apartment to get some cardboard

于是我们上楼去我的公寓拿些硬纸板。

旁白 neutral

I found some that I had used for a project in school

我找到了一些我在学校项目中用过的纸板。

旁白 neutral

Then we went to Molly's apartment

然后我们去了莫莉的公寓。

旁白 neutral

Molly and Caswell's babysitter, Lucy, had just made some chocolate chip cookies

莫莉和卡斯维尔的保姆露西刚做了一些巧克力豆饼干。

旁白 neutral

The apartment smelled almost as good as Mom's Bakery!

公寓里闻起来几乎和妈妈的面包店一样香!

旁白 neutral

So we all sat down and had warm cookies and lemonade

于是我们都坐下来,吃了热饼干,喝了柠檬水。

旁白 neutral

After that we got to work

之后我们就开始干活了。

旁白 neutral

We cut the cardboard into small squares

我们把纸板剪成小方块。

旁白 neutral

Then we printed big numbers on each square with a magic marker

然后用马克笔在每个方块上写上大大的数字。

旁白 neutral

We printed numbers all the way up to one hundred

我们一直写到了数字一百。

旁白 neutral

Everyone helped, even Caswell

每个人都帮忙了,连卡斯维尔也是。

旁白 neutral

Now during recess kids could pick a number to take a turn on the slide

现在,课间休息时,孩子们可以取个号码,排队玩滑梯了。

旁白 neutral

" We will need a number caller," I said

“我们需要一个叫号员。”我说。

旁白 neutral

" What's a number caller?" asked Jenny

“什么是叫号员?”珍妮问。

旁白 neutral

" It's the person who calls out the next number," I explained

“就是喊下一个号码的人。”我解释道。

旁白 neutral

" Remember the man at Mom's Bakery?"

“还记得妈妈面包店里的那个人吗?”

旁白 neutral

Molly grinned and imitated him

莫莉咧嘴一笑,模仿起他的样子。

旁白 neutral

" Number seven is next!"

“下一个,七号!”

旁白 neutral

" Exactly," I said

“完全正确。”我说。

旁白 neutral

" Let's take turns calling out the numbers," said Jenny

“我们轮流来叫号吧。”珍妮说。

旁白 neutral

I wanted this to be a really, really good invention

我希望这是个非常、非常好的发明。

旁白 neutral

So I came up with one more idea

于是,我又想出了一个主意。

旁白 neutral

" I'll ask my mom if she'll take us to Dollar Delight," I said

“我去问问我妈妈,能不能带我们去‘一元乐’。”我说。

旁白 neutral

" They sell lots of cheap little toys

“那里卖很多便宜的小玩具。

旁白 neutral

Kids can pick a number from one bag and a toy from another

孩子们可以从一个袋子里抽号码,再从另一个袋子里选个玩具。

旁白 neutral

Then they can have fun while they're waiting."

这样他们等着的时候也有得玩了。”

旁白 neutral

" But won't we run out of toys?" asked Jenny

“但我们不会把玩具发完吗?”珍妮问。

旁白 neutral

" No," I said

“不会的。”我说。

旁白 neutral

" When the kids turn in their tickets, they'll turn in their toys too."

“孩子们交回票券的时候,也要把玩具还回来。”

旁白 neutral

" Wow," said Molly

“哇。”莫莉说。

旁白 neutral

" This is a really great invention, Iggy."

“这真是个了不起的发明,伊吉。”

旁白 neutral

I hoped Molly was right

我希望莫莉是对的。

旁白 neutral

My Fabulous Glasses-Finder had sounded like a good idea too — at first

我那个神奇的眼镜搜寻器,起初听起来也是个好主意。

旁白 neutral

But my Pick-a-Number invention was different

但我这个“取号排队”的发明不一样。

旁白 neutral

It would solve a big problem at school

它能解决学校里的一个大问题。

旁白 neutral

Maybe it would even be in Mr. Bright's new book!

说不定它还会被写进布赖特先生的新书里呢!

旁白 neutral

After dinner my mom took us to Dollar Delight

晚饭后,妈妈带我们去了“一元乐”。

旁白 neutral

We bought lots of little toys for only about ten dollars

我们只花了大约十美元,就买了好多小玩具。

旁白 neutral

We also bought two colorful shopping bags

我们还买了两个彩色的购物袋。

旁白 neutral

We planned to fill one shopping bag with tickets and the other with toys

我们计划一个购物袋装票券,另一个装玩具。

旁白 neutral

I could hardly wait until recess the next day!

我简直等不及到第二天的课间休息了!