E41 · Episodes
041 莫莉的花
莫莉的花
Little Fox Level 5 · Iggy the Incredible Inventor · Episode 41 — 莫莉的花.
63 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
I sat in my fourth-grade classroom, doodling with a pencil
我坐在四年级的教室里,用铅笔随手涂鸦。
旁白 neutral
Our teacher, Mrs. Romano, was writing on the whiteboard
我们的老师Romano太太正在白板上写字。
旁白 neutral
She was teaching us how to solve word problems with answers in the millions
她在教我们如何解答案是百万级别的应用题。
旁白 neutral
I couldn't see the whiteboard too well though
不过,我看不太清白板。
旁白 neutral
Molly's headband was in the way
Molly的发箍挡住了我的视线。
旁白 neutral
She had decorated it with a huge pink flower from the Dollar Delight store
她用一朵从“一元快乐”商店买来的巨大粉色花朵装饰了它。
旁白 neutral
The flower had fallen off twice that morning, but Molly kept putting it back on
那朵花那天早上掉了两次,但Molly总是不停地把它戴回去。
旁白 neutral
Now it bobbed in front of me
现在它就在我面前晃来晃去。
旁白 neutral
" Remember, class, we have a math test one week from today," said Mrs. Romano
“记住,同学们,一周后的今天我们有一场数学测验,”Romano太太说。
旁白 neutral
A few kids groaned, but I just went back to doodling
有几个孩子唉声叹气起来,但我只是继续涂我的鸦。
旁白 neutral
I wasn't worried about the math test
我并不担心数学考试。
旁白 neutral
I'm pretty good at math
我数学相当好。
旁白 neutral
I can easily add up numbers in the millions
我能轻松地加出数百万的数字。
旁白 neutral
In fact, I can even add up numbers in the billions!
事实上,我甚至能加出数十亿的数字!
旁白 neutral
" If only I could think of a million new inventions," I thought
“要是我能想出一百万个新发明就好了,”我想。
旁白 neutral
" But lately I can't even think of one."
“但最近我连一个都想不出来。”
旁白 neutral
My cousin Oliver had visited this past winter
去年冬天,我表兄奥利弗来过。
旁白 neutral
During his visit I had invented The Amazing Attitude Adjustor
他做客期间,我发明了“神奇态度调整器”。
旁白 neutral
It worked great
它效果棒极了。
旁白 neutral
But now it was spring, and I had not thought up one single new invention since Oliver left!
但现在已是春天,自从奥利弗离开后,我连一个新发明都没想出来!
旁白 neutral
I was getting pretty worried about it
我那时正为此事相当担心。
旁白 neutral
" Don't worry, Iggy,"
“别担心,伊吉,”
旁白 neutral
Molly had said last week on the way to school
莫莉上周在上学路上对我说。
旁白 neutral
" You're just going through a fallow time."
“你只是正经历一段‘灵感枯竭期’罢了。”
旁白 neutral
" What's a fallow time?" I asked
“‘灵感枯竭期’是什么?”我问道。
旁白 neutral
Molly shrugged." I have no idea
莫莉耸耸肩。“我完全不知道。
旁白 neutral
But sometimes my dad has trouble thinking up new ideas at work
但有的时候,我爸爸工作上会很难想出新的点子。
旁白 neutral
Whenever that happens, he says he's going through a fallow time."
每当那种情况发生,他就说他正经历一段‘灵感枯竭期’。”
旁白 neutral
Soon our math lesson was over
很快,我们的数学课就结束了。
旁白 neutral
" Class, please come to the rug," said Mrs. Romano
“同学们,请到地毯这边来,”罗马诺夫人说。
旁白 neutral
" We have time to read one more chapter in our science fiction story."
“我们还有时间读一本科幻故事的最后一章。”
旁白 neutral
As we all walked over to the rug, Molly's flower fell off her headband again
当我们都走到地毯上时,莫莉的发花又从发箍上掉了下来。
旁白 neutral
Evan accidentally stepped on it
埃文不小心踩到了它。
旁白 neutral
" Hey, watch out for my flower!" said Molly, picking it up
“嘿,当心我的花!”莫莉边说边捡起它。
旁白 neutral
" It's the only one I have."
“我只有这一朵。”
旁白 neutral
" Why don't you plant it?" joked Colby
“你为什么不种下它呢?”科尔比开玩笑说。
旁白 neutral
" Then you'll have a whole garden of flowers!"
“那样你就会有整整一花园的花了!”
旁白 neutral
" Fake flowers don't grow in gardens, silly," said Molly
“假花在花园里是长不出来的,傻瓜。”莫莉说。
旁白 neutral
Mrs. Romano sat in her chair and opened the book we'd been reading this month
罗曼诺老师坐在椅子上,打开我们这一个月一直在读的那本书。
旁白 neutral
It was a cool story about aliens landing on Earth
那是一个关于外星人登陆地球的很酷的故事。
旁白 neutral
They get lost in a zoo and have adventures with all the animals
他们在一个动物园里迷路,和所有的动物一起冒险。
旁白 neutral
" Oh dear." Mrs. Romano glanced around
“哦,天哪。”罗曼诺太太环顾四周。
旁白 neutral
" I think I misplaced my glasses again."
“我想我又把眼镜放错地方了。”
旁白 neutral
" I'll help you look for them," said Jake, jumping up
“我帮你找,”杰克跳起来说。
旁白 neutral
Everyone joined in the search
大家都加入了搜寻。
旁白 neutral
We looked on Mrs. Romano's desk and under her chair
我们查看了罗曼诺太太的桌上和椅子下面。
旁白 neutral
" I always lose my glasses." Mrs. Romano sighed
“我总是丢眼镜。”罗曼诺太太叹了口气。
旁白 neutral
" I wish someone would invent a way to find lost glasses."
“我希望有人能发明一种找到丢失眼镜的方法。”
旁白 neutral
Finally Ruby found Mrs. Romano's glasses on the bookshelf, right behind Mrs. Romano's chair
最后鲁比在书架上找到了罗曼诺太太的眼镜,就在罗曼诺太太的椅子后面。
旁白 neutral
Mrs. Romano put them on
罗曼诺太太戴上了眼镜。
旁白 neutral
" It's so hard to find lost glasses," she said
“找丢了的眼镜真难,”她说。
旁白 neutral
" Because when you aren't wearing your glasses, you can't see anything!"
“因为你不戴眼镜的时候,什么都看不见!”
旁白 neutral
I glanced at the big pink flower on Molly's headband
我瞥了一眼莫莉头带上的大粉花。
旁白 neutral
At that moment something amazing happened
就在那时,有件奇妙的事情发生了。
旁白 neutral
An idea for a new invention popped into my head
一个新发明的主意突然跳进我的脑海。
旁白 neutral
It was one of the best inventions I had ever thought of!
那是我想到过的最好的发明之一!
旁白 neutral
While Mrs. Romano read to us, I kept thinking about my new idea
在罗曼诺太太给我们读书的时候,我一直在想我的新主意。
旁白 neutral
I couldn't wait to tell Molly about it
我等不及要告诉莫莉这件事。
旁白 neutral
" Molly!" I said when we lined up after recess
“莫莉!”课间休息后我们排队时我说。
旁白 neutral
" I'm not having a fallow time anymore
“我不再灵感枯竭了。
旁白 neutral
I got an idea for a fantastic new invention!"
我有了一个奇妙新发明的主意!”
旁白 neutral
Molly grinned and gave me a high five
莫莉咧嘴笑了,跟我击了个掌。
旁白 neutral
" That's great!" she said." Iggy the incredible inventor is back!"
“太棒了!”她说。“了不起的发明家伊吉回来了!”