Level 5 · 了不起的小发明家
🎬

E40 · Episodes

040 伊基的信

伊基的信

Little Fox Level 5 · Iggy the Incredible Inventor · Episode 40 — 伊基的信.

70 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

My mood got worse as the day went on

随着时间推移,我的心情越来越糟。

旁白 neutral

Molly, Josh, Jenny and I huddled in front of the fire

莫莉、乔什、珍妮和我挤在炉火前。

旁白 neutral

Meanwhile Oliver was skipping and singing around the apartment

与此同时,奥利弗在公寓里蹦蹦跳跳地唱着歌。

旁白 neutral

" My hands are cold and so are my feet

“我的手冷,脚也冷。

旁白 neutral

You can call me Pioneer Pete!"

你可以叫我先锋皮特!”

旁白 neutral

I put my hands over my ears

我用手捂住耳朵。

旁白 neutral

" Will you stop making so much noise, Oliver?"

“你能不能别这么吵,奥利弗?”

旁白 neutral

Oliver stopped. He looked surprised

奥利弗停了下来。他看起来很惊讶。

旁白 neutral

" Iggy," Mom said sharply." Oliver was just having fun."

“伊吉,”妈妈严厉地说,“奥利弗只是在玩儿。”

旁白 neutral

Everyone stared silently at me

每个人都默默地盯着我。

旁白 neutral

I could tell they agreed with my mom

我看得出他们都赞同妈妈。

旁白 neutral

" Well, having no heat is no fun," I complained

“好吧,没有暖气可一点都不好玩,”我抱怨道。

旁白 neutral

" And now no one needs my Amazing Attitude Adjuster

现在没人需要我的神奇态度调节器了。

旁白 neutral

Maybe I should just throw it away!"

也许我应该直接扔掉它!”

旁白 neutral

" What's an Amazing Attitude Adjuster?" asked Jenny

“神奇态度调节器是什么?”珍妮问道。

旁白 neutral

" It's my new invention

“这是我的新发明。

旁白 neutral

It helps people get a good attitude," I said

它能帮人获得好心态,”我说。

旁白 neutral

" Maybe we should try it on you," said Molly

“也许我们该在你身上试试,”莫莉说。

旁白 neutral

" Yeah!" Josh added." Just to see if it works, I mean."

“对!”乔什补充道,“只是看看它是否有效,我是说。”

旁白 neutral

I stared at them

我盯着他们。

旁白 neutral

Were my friends saying I had a bad attitude?

朋友们是在说我态度不好吗?

旁白 neutral

" Come on, Iggy," Molly coaxed me." It'll be fun."

“来吧,伊吉,”莫莉哄我,“会很好玩的。”

旁白 neutral

" Okay," I finally agreed

“好吧,”我终于同意了。

旁白 neutral

" But I didn't invent it for my own attitude."

“但我发明它可不是为了我自己的态度。”

旁白 neutral

In my room I showed Josh how to use the attitude adjuster

在我的房间里,我给乔希演示了如何使用态度调节器。

旁白 neutral

Then we brought Molly's telephone and pad of paper into the living room

然后我们把莫莉的电话和便签本拿到了客厅。

旁白 neutral

Josh handed Oliver a scarf

乔希递给奥利弗一条围巾。

旁白 neutral

" Blindfold Iggy so he can't see anything."

“蒙住伊吉的眼睛,让他什么也看不见。”

旁白 neutral

Giggling, Oliver stood on the couch and tied the scarf around my head

奥利弗咯咯笑着,站到沙发上,把围巾系在了我头上。

旁白 neutral

" Now Iggy will dial a telephone number on Molly's telephone," Josh said

“现在伊吉要用莫莉的电话拨一个号码,”乔希说。

旁白 neutral

" Jenny, you write down the number Iggy dials."

“珍妮,你把伊吉拨的号码记下来。”

旁白 neutral

After I dialed, Oliver took off my blindfold

我拨完号后,奥利弗解开了我的眼罩。

旁白 neutral

Then Josh added up the numbers I had dialed

然后乔什把我拨的数字加起来。

旁白 neutral

" Twenty-eight," said Josh

“二十八,”乔什说。

旁白 neutral

" Molly, turn to page 28 in the joke pad and read the joke out loud."

“莫莉,翻到笑话本的第28页,大声读笑话。”

旁白 neutral

Molly flipped to page 28 and began to read

莫莉翻到第28页,开始读。

旁白 neutral

" Why did the skeleton go to the party alone?"

“骷髅为什么一个人去参加聚会?”

旁白 neutral

" Why?" I asked

“为什么?”我问。

旁白 neutral

" Because he had no body to go with!" said Molly

“因为没有人愿意和他一起去!”莫莉说。

旁白 neutral

Everyone laughed, even me!

大家都笑了,包括我!

旁白 neutral

We took turns using the Amazing Attitude Adjuster all afternoon

我们整个下午轮流使用神奇态度调节器。

旁白 neutral

The more we played, the better I felt

我们玩得越多,我感觉越好。

旁白 neutral

We had so much fun that the day flew by

我们玩得太开心了,一天转眼就过去了。

旁白 neutral

We were startled when a knock came at the door

敲门声把我们吓了一跳。

旁白 neutral

It was Uncle John and Aunt Julia

是约翰叔叔和朱莉娅婶婶。

旁白 neutral

They were back from their cruise

他们坐游轮旅行回来了。

旁白 neutral

" Guess what?" Oliver ran to his parents

“猜猜发生了什么?”奥利弗朝父母跑了过去。

旁白 neutral

" What?" Aunt Julia hugged him

“什么?”朱莉娅婶婶抱住了他。

旁白 neutral

" My shoes got burned, and the furnace broke," said Oliver

“我的鞋子烧坏了,炉子也坏了,”奥利弗说。

旁白 neutral

" It was so much fun!"

“太好玩儿了!”

旁白 neutral

Uncle John laughed and looked at Aunt Julia in amazement

约翰叔叔笑了起来,惊讶地看着朱莉娅婶婶。

旁白 neutral

" I can't believe it!"

“真不敢相信!”

旁白 neutral

Oliver nodded." We got our attitudes adjusted too

奥利弗点点头。“我们也把心态调整好了。”

旁白 neutral

I can't wait to come back to Iggy's apartment again!"

我巴不得马上再来伊吉的公寓!”

旁白 neutral

After Oliver left, I got my invention ready for the Inventor's Hall of Fame

奥利弗走后,我准备好发明,要送去发明家名人堂。

旁白 neutral

First I had to take a picture of it

首先我得给它拍张照片。

旁白 neutral

Then I had to write down how it worked

然后我得写下它是怎么工作的。

旁白 neutral

My mom helped me mail everything to the Hall of Fame

妈妈帮我把所有材料寄给了名人堂。

旁白 neutral

If my invention was good enough, it would be included in the Hall of Fame forever!

要是我的发明足够好,它就会被永远收进名人堂!

旁白 neutral

Two weeks later I got a letter back

两周后,我收到了一封回信。

旁白 neutral

I sat down next to the radiator in our kitchen and tore it open

我在厨房的暖气片旁坐下,撕开了信封。

旁白 neutral

Our furnace was fixed now, and the warm radiator was making cozy hissing noises

家里的炉子修好了,暖烘烘的暖气片发出舒服的嘶嘶声。

旁白 neutral

" Dear Iggy," the letter read." Your Amazing Attitude Adjuster is amazing!

“亲爱的伊吉,”信上写道,“你的神奇态度调节器太棒了!

旁白 neutral

Your invention has earned an honorable mention in the Hall of Fame."

你的发明在名人堂获得了荣誉提名。”

旁白 neutral

" Mom?" I asked." What does ' honorable mention ' mean?"

“妈妈?”我问,“‘荣誉提名’是什么意思?”

旁白 neutral

" It means that your invention earned special praise," she answered." Congratulations!"

“意思是你的发明得到了特别表扬,”她答道,“恭喜你!”

旁白 neutral

So I got an honorable mention

就这样,我得到了荣誉提名。

旁白 neutral

But I did not make it into the Inventors' Hall of Fame

可我没能正式进入发明家名人堂。

旁白 neutral

Not yet anyway

反正还没进呢。

旁白 neutral

Just wait until you see what I'm going to invent next!

等着瞧吧,下次我要发明的东西才厉害呢!