Level 5 · 了不起的小发明家
🎬

E39 · Episodes

039 大爆炸

大爆炸

Little Fox Level 5 · Iggy the Incredible Inventor · Episode 39 — 大爆炸.

70 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

Josh and Jenny weren't home, but Molly came with me to knock on doors

乔希和珍妮不在家,但莫莉陪我去敲门。

旁白 neutral

By lunchtime we had collected 37 jokes

到午饭时,我们已经收集了37个笑话。

旁白 neutral

I wanted to finish my attitude adjuster so I could try it out on Oliver

我想完成我的态度调节器,好拿奥利弗试试。

旁白 neutral

I decided 37 jokes was enough for now

我决定目前37个笑话已经够了。

旁白 neutral

That night I worked on my new invention while Oliver was asleep

那天晚上,趁奥利弗睡着了,我忙着搞我的新发明。

旁白 neutral

I couldn't wait to try it out on him!

我迫不及待想在他身上试试!

旁白 neutral

Suddenly the radiators in our apartment started banging more loudly

突然,我们公寓的暖气片开始砰砰作响,声音更大了。

旁白 neutral

Boom! A really loud bang came

砰!传来一声震耳欲聋的巨响。

旁白 neutral

I ran into the kitchen

我跑进厨房。

旁白 neutral

My mom and Tate came running out of their rooms too

我妈妈和泰特也从房间里跑了出来。

旁白 neutral

" What happened?" I cried

“发生什么事了?”我喊道。

旁白 neutral

" I don't know," said my mom

“我不知道。”妈妈说。

旁白 neutral

" The radiators were banging very loudly," I said

“暖气片刚才在砰砰作响。”我说。

旁白 neutral

" But they're quiet now."

“但现在安静下来了。”

旁白 neutral

Mom turned on the water in the kitchen sink

妈妈打开了厨房水槽的水龙头。

旁白 neutral

" There's no hot water," she said

“没有热水。”她说。

旁白 neutral

" The furnace that heats the building must be broken

“给整栋楼供暖的锅炉肯定坏了。

旁白 neutral

That means it's going to get pretty cold in here soon."

这意味着这里很快就会变得相当冷了。”

旁白 neutral

She turned to me

她转向我。

旁白 neutral

" Get some extra blankets from the front closet, Iggy

“从前厅的壁橱里再拿些毯子出来,伊吉。

旁白 neutral

And please get some for Oliver too."

也请帮奥利弗拿几条。"

旁白 neutral

I couldn't believe Oliver had slept through all the banging

我简直不敢相信奥利弗居然在那一阵砰砰响声中一直睡着。

旁白 neutral

He was still sleeping when I got back to my room

我回到房间时,他还在睡觉。

旁白 neutral

I threw some blankets over him, and then jumped into bed to get warm

我给他扔了几条毯子盖上,然后跳上床取暖。

旁白 neutral

" Boy," I thought before I fell asleep

"天哪,"我入睡前想着。

旁白 neutral

" Oliver is really going to start complaining when he wakes up!"

"奥利弗醒来时肯定会开始抱怨的!"

旁白 neutral

The next morning the apartment felt even colder

第二天早上,公寓感觉更冷了。

旁白 neutral

I waited to hear Oliver say something about how miserable it was

我等着听奥利弗抱怨这有多难受。

旁白 neutral

He stretched and sat up in bed

他伸了个懒腰,从床上坐起来。

旁白 neutral

" Hey, it's cold in here!" he said

"嘿,这里真冷!"他说。

旁白 neutral

" It sure is," I thought

“确实很冷。”我心想。

旁白 neutral

In my room it was like the North Pole!

我的房间简直像北极!

旁白 neutral

" We don't have any heat or hot water," I told him

“我们没暖气,也没热水了。”我告诉他。

旁白 neutral

" The furnace broke."

“锅炉坏了。”

旁白 neutral

It was a good thing my Amazing Attitude Adjuster was all ready

还好我的“神奇态度调节器”已经准备就绪。

旁白 neutral

I was going to need it!

我马上就会用到它了!

旁白 neutral

I waited for Oliver to start yelling

我等着奥利弗开始大叫。

旁白 neutral

But to my surprise, he brightened up

但让我意外的是,他反而高兴起来了。

旁白 neutral

" Wow!" said Oliver," we're like pioneers living in the Old West."

“哇!”奥利弗说,“我们就像生活在旧西部时代的拓荒者。”

旁白 neutral

" But it's really cold," I said, shivering

“但真的很冷啊。”我哆嗦着说。

旁白 neutral

" And we don't have fur coats like pioneers."

“而且我们也没有拓荒者那样的毛皮大衣。”

旁白 neutral

Still Oliver didn't complain

奥利弗还是没有抱怨。

旁白 neutral

He was cheerful as we put on our coats and mittens to have breakfast

我们穿上外套和手套吃早饭时,他兴高采烈的。

旁白 neutral

" This is fun!" said Oliver

“这真好玩!”奥利弗说。

旁白 neutral

" Nothing exciting like this ever happens at my house."

“我家从来没发生过这么刺激的事。”

旁白 neutral

Mom smiled at him

妈妈对他笑了笑。

旁白 neutral

" You have a great attitude, Oliver," she said

“你心态真好,奥利弗。”她说。

旁白 neutral

I looked at Oliver and frowned

我看着奥利弗,皱起了眉头。

旁白 neutral

For some reason his good attitude was putting me in a bad mood

不知怎的,他的好心情让我很烦躁。

旁白 neutral

" The building superintendent said the furnace will be fixed in two days," my mom said

“楼管说暖气要两天才能修好。”妈妈说。

旁白 neutral

" Two days?" I blurted out

“两天?”我脱口而出。

旁白 neutral

" We have to live without heat and hot water for two whole days?"

“我们得在没有暖气、没有热水的情况下过整整两天?”

旁白 neutral

" That sounds great to me!" said Oliver

“我觉得太棒了!”奥利弗说。

旁白 neutral

" We can heat up our water over the fire like Pioneer Pete."

“我们可以像拓荒者皮特那样在火上烧水。”

旁白 neutral

Pioneer Pete is a character from a TV show for little kids

拓荒者皮特是一个幼儿电视节目里的角色。

旁白 neutral

I used to watch the show all the time

我以前总看那个节目。

旁白 neutral

My mom laughed

妈妈笑了起来。

旁白 neutral

" The stove still works, so we don't need a fire to heat our water," she said

“炉子还能用,所以我们不用生火烧水。”她说。

旁白 neutral

" But that's a good idea, Oliver."

“不过那是个好主意,奥利弗。”

旁白 neutral

Molly, Josh, and Jenny came over after breakfast

早饭后,莫莉、乔希和珍妮过来了。

旁白 neutral

They all thought it was an adventure having no heat or hot water

他们都觉得没有暖气和热水是一次冒险。

旁白 neutral

Even Tate was in a good mood

连泰特都心情很好。

旁白 neutral

" At least the computer still works," he said

“至少电脑还能用。”他说。

旁白 neutral

" I'll build a fire," said my mom

“我来生堆火。”妈妈说。

旁白 neutral

" We can toast marshmallows tonight."

“今晚我们可以烤棉花糖。”

旁白 neutral

" Yay!" cheered Oliver

“耶!”奥利弗欢呼起来。

旁白 neutral

I scowled. What was Oliver so happy about anyway?

我沉下脸。奥利弗到底有什么好高兴的?

旁白 neutral

Being cold was no fun

挨冻一点都不好玩。

旁白 neutral

Besides, if everyone was happy, no one would need my Amazing Attitude Adjuster

再说,如果大家都开心,就没人需要我的神奇态度调节器了。

旁白 neutral

My brilliant invention would be a big waste!

我的天才发明就白费了!