Level 5 · 了不起的小发明家
🎬

E38 · Episodes

038 你知道什么笑话吗

你知道什么笑话吗

Little Fox Level 5 · Iggy the Incredible Inventor · Episode 38 — 你知道什么笑话吗.

66 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

I couldn't wait to get started on my new invention

我迫不及待要开始我的新发明。

旁白 neutral

I also couldn't wait to fix Oliver's bad attitude

我也迫不及待想纠正奥利弗的坏脾气。

旁白 neutral

He was complaining about everything

他对什么都抱怨不停。

旁白 neutral

" You should have an elevator in your building,"

“你们这栋楼应该装部电梯,”

旁白 neutral

he said as we climbed the stairs to my apartment after the shoe store

从鞋店出来后,我们爬楼梯回公寓时他说道。

旁白 neutral

" Or at least an escalator," he added

“要不至少也得有自动扶梯,”他补了一句。

旁白 neutral

" Oliver is driving me crazy!" I thought

“奥利弗快把我逼疯了!”我心里想。

旁白 neutral

" Whoever heard of an escalator in an apartment building?"

“谁听说过公寓楼里装自动扶梯的啊?”

旁白 neutral

" Why are your radiators so loud?"

“你们的暖气怎么这么吵?”

旁白 neutral

Oliver asked after we were inside our apartment

我们进了公寓后,奥利弗问道。

旁白 neutral

" The heat at my house is really quiet."

“我家的暖气真的很安静。”

旁白 neutral

Actually Oliver was right about that

其实奥利弗说得没错。

旁白 neutral

Our radiators were banging and clanking louder than ever

我家的暖气片比以往更吵,砰砰当当响个不停。

旁白 neutral

I figured I'd better start working on my Amazing Attitude Adjuster right away

我想我最好马上开始制作我的“惊人态度调整器”。

旁白 neutral

But first I had to get Oliver to be quiet

但首先,我得让奥利弗安静下来。

旁白 neutral

" Hey, Oliver, do you want to watch TV?" I asked

“嘿,奥利弗,你想看电视吗?”我问道。

旁白 neutral

" I can turn it on for you."

“我可以帮你打开。”

旁白 neutral

" Your TV is really small," said Oliver

“你的电视真小,”奥利弗说。

旁白 neutral

" You need a new one."

“你需要一台新的。”

旁白 neutral

" You need a new attitude!" I thought

“你才需要一个新态度!”我心里想。

旁白 neutral

Even though our TV is small, Oliver finally settled down to watch cartoons

虽然我们的电视很小,奥利弗终于安心坐下来看动画片了。

旁白 neutral

A few minutes later Molly brought me her toy telephone

几分钟后,莫莉把她的玩具电话拿来给我。

旁白 neutral

I brought it into my room and started working on my dial-a-joke invention

我把它带进房间,开始捣鼓我的“拨打笑话”发明。

旁白 neutral

At my desk I took out a pencil and a thick pad of paper

我在书桌前拿出铅笔和一沓厚纸。

旁白 neutral

I had thought a lot about the way my invention was going to work

关于这项发明的运作方式,我已经想了很多。

旁白 neutral

I'll tell you about that later

这个我之后再跟你们说。

旁白 neutral

The most important thing was that the jokes had to be funny

最重要的是,笑话本身得有趣。

旁白 neutral

They had to make people laugh so they would get a better attitude

笑话得逗人笑,这样人的态度才会变好。

旁白 neutral

If someone had a really bad attitude, though, she or he might need a lot of jokes

不过,要是某人态度真的很差,那他(她)可能就需要很多笑话了。

旁白 neutral

I decided I would need at least one-hundred jokes for Oliver

我决定,为了奥利弗,我至少需要一百个笑话。

旁白 neutral

This was not going to be easy!

这可不是件容易的事!

旁白 neutral

I went into my brother's room

我走进哥哥的房间。

旁白 neutral

He was listening to music with his earphones

他正戴着耳机听音乐。

旁白 neutral

" Tate!" I yelled loudly so he would hear me

“泰特!” 我大声喊道,好让他能听见我。

旁白 neutral

" Do you know any more jokes?"

“你还知道别的笑话吗?”

旁白 neutral

" What?" yelled Tate

“什么?” 泰特喊道。

旁白 neutral

I yelled louder

我喊得更大声了。

旁白 neutral

" I said, do you know any more jokes?"

“我说,你还知道别的笑话吗?”

旁白 neutral

Tate took out his earphones

泰特摘下了耳机。

旁白 neutral

" I know a great joke," he said

“我知道一个很棒的笑话,”他说。

旁白 neutral

" What did the big fish do to his pesky little brother?"

"大鱼对它烦人的小弟弟做了什么?"

旁白 neutral

" What?" I asked

"什么?"我问。

旁白 neutral

Tate grinned." He told him to go jump in a lake!"

泰特咧嘴一笑。"他叫它跳湖里去!"

旁白 neutral

That was Tate's way of telling me to stop bothering him

这是泰特在告诉我别再烦他了。

旁白 neutral

But I added Tate's joke to my list anyway

但我还是把泰特的笑话加进了我的清单。

旁白 neutral

Oliver was still watching TV

奥利弗还在看电视。

旁白 neutral

I went into the kitchen

我走进厨房。

旁白 neutral

My mom was sitting at the kitchen table reading a book

妈妈正坐在餐桌旁看书。

旁白 neutral

" Mom, can I knock on apartment doors and ask people for jokes?" I asked

"妈妈,我能去敲邻居的门问他们要笑话吗?"我问。

旁白 neutral

" Huh?" She looked up from her book in confusion

"啊?"她困惑地从书上抬起头。

旁白 neutral

I repeated my request

我又说了一遍我的请求。

旁白 neutral

" Okay," she said slowly

"好吧,"她慢慢地说。

旁白 neutral

" But go with Molly, or Josh and Jenny, and stay in our apartment building."

"但要和莫莉,或者乔什和珍妮一起去,而且只能待在我们这栋楼里。"

旁白 neutral

I knew all the neighbors in our building

我们楼里的邻居我都认识。

旁白 neutral

But there were only ten apartments, including ours

但总共只有十户,包括我们家。

旁白 neutral

We were going to have to work hard to get one-hundred jokes

我们得好好努力才能收集到一百个笑话。

旁白 neutral

Well, ninety-nine, if you counted Tate's

嗯,如果把泰特的算上,还需要九十九个。

旁白 neutral

I heard Oliver's TV show end

我听到奥利弗的电视节目播完了。

旁白 neutral

Then Oliver shouted," I'm bored!

然后奥利弗喊道:"我无聊死了!

旁白 neutral

I don't have anything to do!"

我没事可做!"

旁白 neutral

I pretended I hadn't heard him

我假装没听见。

旁白 neutral

I opened the door and raced out of the apartment as fast as I could

我打开门,飞快地冲出公寓。

旁白 neutral

I hated to admit it, but Tate was right

我不想承认,但泰特是对的。

旁白 neutral

Being a big brother was much harder than being a little one

当哥哥比当弟弟难多了。

旁白 neutral

Luckily, my Amazing Attitude Adjuster was going to fix that

幸好,我的神奇态度调整器会解决这个问题的。

旁白 neutral

It was also going to get me into the Inventor's Hall of Fame!

它还会让我进入发明家名人堂!