E37 · Episodes
037 奥利弗和雾都孤儿
奥利弗和雾都孤儿
Little Fox Level 5 · Iggy the Incredible Inventor · Episode 37 — 奥利弗和雾都孤儿.
66 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
The next morning Oliver's shoe still didn't fit
第二天早上,奥利弗的鞋还是不合脚。
旁白 neutral
In fact, it had shrunk even more overnight
事实上,一夜之间它缩得更小了。
旁白 neutral
He complained all during breakfast
整个早餐时间他都在抱怨。
旁白 neutral
After he finished complaining about his shoe, he complained about the pancakes
他抱怨完鞋,又开始抱怨煎饼。
旁白 neutral
First he complained they were too hot
起初他抱怨煎饼太烫。
旁白 neutral
Then he complained they were too cold
然后他又抱怨太凉了。
旁白 neutral
I tried to distract him with a joke
我试着讲个笑话来分散他的注意力。
旁白 neutral
" Guess what the patient said to his doctor?"
“猜猜看病人对他的医生说了什么?”
旁白 neutral
" I don't know," grumbled Oliver." And I don't care!"
“我不知道,”奥利弗咕哝道,“而且我也不在乎!”
旁白 neutral
I ignored his bad mood
我无视了他的坏情绪。
旁白 neutral
" The patient said,' Doctor, I get a pain in my eye whenever I drink hot cocoa.'
“病人说:‘医生,每次我喝热可可的时候眼睛就会疼。’
旁白 neutral
And the doctor said,' Try taking the spoon out of your cup before you drink.'
医生说:‘试试在喝之前把勺子从杯子里拿出来。’
旁白 neutral
Ha-ha, get it, Oliver?" I said
“哈哈,明白了吗,奥利弗?”我说。
旁白 neutral
" The spoon was poking him in the eye!"
“勺子戳到他眼睛了!”
旁白 neutral
Oliver looked down, so I wouldn't see him smile
奥利弗低下了头,不让我看到他微笑。
旁白 neutral
Every time he started complaining, telling a joke cheered him up
每次他开始抱怨时,讲个笑话就能让他振作起来。
旁白 neutral
It proved that my Amazing Attitude Adjuster was going to work!
这证明我的‘神奇态度调节器’会起作用!
旁白 neutral
A few minutes later Molly knocked on the door
几分钟后,莫莉敲了敲门。
旁白 neutral
" The sun is out!" she said when I answered
“太阳出来了!”我开门后她说。
旁白 neutral
" Want to play on the school playground?"
“想去学校操场玩吗?”
旁白 neutral
That put Oliver in a bad mood again
这让奥利弗又心情不好了。
旁白 neutral
" I can't go out!" he cried
“我不能出去!”他喊道。
旁白 neutral
" I don't have any shoes to wear!"
“我没有鞋穿!”
旁白 neutral
You would have thought he was Oliver Twist
你会以为他是奥利弗·退斯特。
旁白 neutral
Oliver Twist is a poor boy in a book that my mom read to me
奥利弗·退斯特是妈妈给我读过的一本书里的穷男孩。
旁白 neutral
He was so poor that he had to go barefoot in the street
他穷得只好光着脚在街上走。
旁白 neutral
" Hey, Oliver, why don't we pretend you're Oliver Twist?" I suggested
“嘿,奥利弗,我们假装你是奥利弗·退斯特怎么样?”我提议。
旁白 neutral
Oliver started crying harder
奥利弗哭得更厉害了。
旁白 neutral
" I don't want to be a different Oliver," he wailed
“我不想成为另一个奥利弗,”他大哭道。
旁白 neutral
" I want to be me!
“我想做我自己!
旁白 neutral
And I want to go home!"
而且我想回家!"
旁白 neutral
Mom was cleaning up in the kitchen
妈妈正在厨房里收拾。
旁白 neutral
She had taken a few days off from work for winter vacation
她放寒假,请了几天假没去上班。
旁白 neutral
" I think we need to buy Oliver some new shoes," she said
“我觉得我们得给奥利弗买双新鞋,”她说。
旁白 neutral
" Molly can come with us to the shoe store."
“莫莉可以跟我们一起去鞋店。”
旁白 neutral
" I can't go to the shoe store," cried Oliver
“我没法去鞋店啊,”奥利弗哭着说。
旁白 neutral
" I don't have any shoes to wear!"
“我没有鞋可穿!”
旁白 neutral
" You can borrow Iggy's old boots," said my mom
“你可以借伊吉的旧靴子穿,”妈妈说。
旁白 neutral
" I think there is a pair in the closet."
“我记得柜子里有一双。”
旁白 neutral
Oliver complained that my old boots were too big
奥利弗抱怨说我的旧靴子太大了。
旁白 neutral
He complained all the way to the shoe store
去鞋店的路上,他抱怨了一路。
旁白 neutral
My bad attitude about Oliver was coming back, and it was coming back stronger than ever
我对奥利弗的坏情绪又回来了,而且比之前更强烈。
旁白 neutral
I didn't complain out loud, but I complained loudly in my thoughts
我没有出声抱怨,但在我心里,我大声地抱怨着。
旁白 neutral
" Oliver is a big pain!
"奥利弗真是个大麻烦!
旁白 neutral
Why did he have to come visit us anyway?
他到底为什么要来我们家做客呢?
旁白 neutral
I could be home now, working on my new invention
我现在本可以在家,研究我的新发明。
旁白 neutral
He's ruining my chances to get into the Inventor's Hall of Fame!"
他在毁掉我进入发明家名人堂的机会!"
旁白 neutral
My mom bought Oliver a really cool pair of shoes
妈妈给奥利弗买了一双非常酷的鞋子。
旁白 neutral
Then we ate lunch at a cafeteria
然后我们在一家自助餐厅吃了午饭。
旁白 neutral
It's a fun place to eat because you can pick out anything you want
那是个吃饭很有趣的地方,因为你想吃什么就可以拿什么。
旁白 neutral
Oliver chose a hamburger and four desserts!
奥利弗选了一个汉堡和四份甜点!
旁白 neutral
Mom made him put back three of the desserts
妈妈让他把三份甜点放了回去。
旁白 neutral
Molly and I both chose pizza and ice cream
莫莉和我都选了披萨和冰淇淋。
旁白 neutral
Oliver didn't complain while he was chewing his hamburger
奥利弗在嚼汉堡的时候,总算没有抱怨。
旁白 neutral
That gave me a chance to talk to Molly
这让我有机会跟莫莉说说话。
旁白 neutral
" Molly," I said," do you still have your toy telephone?"
"莫莉,"我说,"你的玩具电话还在吗?"
旁白 neutral
" Yes," said Molly
"在的,"莫莉说。
旁白 neutral
" I saw it when we were cleaning my room with your mess-pusher."
"我们用你的杂物推进器打扫我房间时,我还看到过。"
旁白 neutral
" Can I borrow the phone for my new invention?" I asked
"我能借那个电话用在我的新发明上吗?"我问。
旁白 neutral
" Sure," said Molly." What is your invention?"
"当然可以,"莫莉说。"你的发明是什么?"
旁白 neutral
" It's an attitude adjuster," I said
"是一个态度调整器,"我说。
旁白 neutral
I looked over at Oliver and lowered my voice
我朝奥利弗那边看了看,然后压低了声音。
旁白 neutral
" I plan to use it on a certain person who really needs a new attitude!"
"我打算在某个非常需要换个态度的人身上试一试!"
旁白 neutral
" I hope it doesn't backfire like your shoe-warmer invention," said Molly
"希望它不会像你的暖鞋器发明那样适得其反,"莫莉说。
旁白 neutral
" Don't be silly," I said
"别傻了,"我说。
旁白 neutral
I mean, how could an attitude adjuster possibly backfire?
我是说,一个态度调整器怎么可能会适得其反呢?