Level 5 · 了不起的小发明家
🎬

E36 · Episodes

036 笑话热线

笑话热线

Little Fox Level 5 · Iggy the Incredible Inventor · Episode 36 — 笑话热线.

67 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

My mom grabbed the poker with Oliver's shoe and pulled it out of the fire

妈妈用火钳钩住奥利弗的鞋,把它从火里拉了出来。

旁白 neutral

The shoe was no longer in flames, but it was still smoking

鞋子不再燃烧了,但仍在冒烟。

旁白 neutral

My mom hurried to the kitchen sink and ran water over the shoe

妈妈急忙跑到厨房水槽边,用水冲洗鞋子。

旁白 neutral

Now Oliver's shoe was burned and wet

这下,奥利弗的鞋子被烧焦了,还湿透了。

旁白 neutral

Oliver started yelling

奥利弗开始大喊大叫。

旁白 neutral

" Iggy ruined my shoe!"

“伊吉毁了我的鞋子!”

旁白 neutral

" Wow, Iggy," Tate murmured." You really messed up."

“哇,伊吉,”泰特嘀咕道,“你真是闯大祸了。”

旁白 neutral

" I was only trying to invent a shoe warmer," I said

“我只是想发明一个鞋子加热器。”我说。

旁白 neutral

" Inventors are always thinking of new ideas."

“发明家总是在想新点子嘛。”

旁白 neutral

" Well, you're going to have to think in your room for a while," Mom said, frowning

“好吧,那你得回自己房间思考一会儿了。”妈妈皱着眉头说。

旁白 neutral

" And I want you to apologize to Oliver."

“还有,我要你向奥利弗道歉。”

旁白 neutral

" Sorry," I mumbled

“对不起,”我嘟囔道。

旁白 neutral

Oliver just stared down at his ruined shoe

奥利弗只是低头盯着他那双被毁掉的鞋。

旁白 neutral

In my room I thought about what a bad attitude everyone had

在房间里,我想着大家的态度有多糟糕。

旁白 neutral

Well, not everyone

好吧,不是所有人。

旁白 neutral

But Tate had a bad attitude

但泰特态度很糟糕。

旁白 neutral

He didn't have to say I messed up

他没必要说我搞砸了。

旁白 neutral

And Oliver. He had a terrible attitude about visiting us

还有奥利弗。他对于来我们家做客的态度真是糟糕透了。

旁白 neutral

I sighed." Wouldn't it be great," I thought," if there was something that could change people's attitudes?"

我叹了口气。“要是有什么东西能改变人们的态度,那不是太棒了吗?”我想。

旁白 neutral

That's when I got an idea for a new invention — an Amazing Attitude Adjuster!

就在这时,我有了一个新发明的点子——神奇态度调节器!

旁白 neutral

What a great idea!

真是个好主意!

旁白 neutral

With inventions, you have to figure out how they will actually work

对于发明,你得想清楚它们究竟会怎么运作。

旁白 neutral

That's the hard part

那才是难的部分。

旁白 neutral

That was what had gone wrong with my shoe-warmer invention

我的暖鞋器发明就是在这上面出了错。

旁白 neutral

I hadn't thought about it enough

我之前想得不够多。

旁白 neutral

But this time I was going to think a lot

但这一次我要多想。

旁白 neutral

I would invent the perfect attitude adjuster!

我要发明出完美的态度调节器!

旁白 neutral

By the time Mom said I could come out of my room, I felt happy again

等妈妈说我可以出房间的时候,我又觉得开心了。

旁白 neutral

For me, an idea for a new invention is the best attitude adjuster ever

对我来说,一个新发明的点子就是最好的态度调节器。

旁白 neutral

Josh, Jenny, and Molly had gone home

乔什、珍妮和莫莉都回家了。

旁白 neutral

Tate was doing his homework on the computer

泰特正在电脑上做作业。

旁白 neutral

Oliver was walking around the apartment with his burned shoe half on

奥利弗在公寓里走来走去,脚上半趿拉着那只烧焦的鞋。

旁白 neutral

It had shrunk in the fire, and now it didn't fit on his foot

鞋在火里缩水了,现在完全不合脚。

旁白 neutral

" My foot hurts in this shoe!" he complained, stomping around

“穿这鞋我脚疼!”他抱怨道,一边跺着脚走来走去。

旁白 neutral

" Well, why don't you take it off?" I asked

“那你为什么不脱掉呢?”我问。

旁白 neutral

" I can't take it off," said Oliver

“我不能脱,”奥利弗说。

旁白 neutral

" I might get a splinter in my foot from these wood floors."

“可能会被这木地板扎到脚。”

旁白 neutral

I let out a loud sigh

我大声叹了口气。

旁白 neutral

Now Oliver was complaining about things that hadn't even happened yet!

奥利弗现在居然在抱怨还没发生的事!

旁白 neutral

Tate looked up

泰特抬起了头。

旁白 neutral

" Why did the boy bury his flashlight?" he asked Oliver, winking at me

“那个男孩为什么埋了他的手电筒?”他问奥利弗,朝我眨了眨眼。

旁白 neutral

" I don't know," said Oliver." Why?"

“我不知道,”奥利弗说。“为什么?”

旁白 neutral

" Because," said Tate," the batteries were dead."

“因为,”泰特说,“电池没电了。”

旁白 neutral

I started laughing

我开始笑起来。

旁白 neutral

" Ha-ha! Get it? Oliver?" I said

“哈哈!懂了吗?奥利弗?”我说。

旁白 neutral

" The flashlight's batteries were dead so the boy buried the flashlight!"

“手电筒的电池没电了,所以男孩埋了手电筒!”

旁白 neutral

Oliver stopped stomping

奥利弗停止了跺脚。

旁白 neutral

" That's funny!" he said, grinning

“真好笑!”他咧嘴笑了,说道。

旁白 neutral

" Tell me another joke."

“再给我讲个笑话。”

旁白 neutral

Tate told Oliver another joke, and Oliver burst out laughing

泰特又给奥利弗讲了个笑话,奥利弗放声大笑起来。

旁白 neutral

When I went into the kitchen, Mom greeted me with a smile

我走进厨房时,妈妈微笑着迎接我。

旁白 neutral

" Tate's joke seemed to cheer up Oliver."

“泰特的笑话好像让奥利弗开心起来了。”

旁白 neutral

I remembered something my grandfather told me once

我想起祖父曾对我说过的一件事。

旁白 neutral

He said when he was growing up, there was a service called Dial-a-Joke

他说他小时候,有一种叫“笑话热线”的服务。

旁白 neutral

You could call a special number on the telephone

你可以打一个特别的电话号码。

旁白 neutral

A recording would come on and tell you a joke

会有一段录音播放,给你讲个笑话。

旁白 neutral

My grandfather said that calling Dial-a-Joke always put him in a great mood

我祖父说,打那个“笑话热线”总能让他心情好起来。

旁白 neutral

" Hmm...," I thought

“嗯……,”我心想。

旁白 neutral

I was pretty sure that Molly had an old toy telephone

我很确定莫莉有一个旧的玩具电话。

旁白 neutral

It had an old-fashioned wheel for dialing

它有一个老式的拨号转盘。

旁白 neutral

If I could use it to tell jokes, I could change people's attitudes

如果我能用它来讲笑话,我就能改变大家的心态。

旁白 neutral

I could make them laugh and feel happy!

我能让他们开心大笑起来!

旁白 neutral

" Wow, Iggy!" I told myself

“哇,伊吉!”我对自己说。

旁白 neutral

" That is a fantastic idea!"

“那真是个绝妙的主意!”

旁白 neutral

It was more than that — it was an award-winning idea

那不止绝妙——那是个能拿大奖的主意。

旁白 neutral

A " get into the Inventor's Hall of Fame " idea!

一个能“进入发明家名人堂”的主意!

旁白 neutral

And cranky Oliver had helped me think of it!

而且,还是坏脾气的奥利弗帮我想出来的!