Level 5 · 了不起的小发明家
🎬

E35 · Episodes

035 暖鞋发明

暖鞋发明

Little Fox Level 5 · Iggy the Incredible Inventor · Episode 35 — 暖鞋发明.

72 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

The next day Josh, Jenny, Molly, and I took Oliver to the park

第二天,我和乔什、珍妮、莫莉带奥利弗去了公园。

旁白 neutral

The rain had frozen overnight, and the park pathways were slippery with ice

雨下了一夜,结成了冰,公园的小路上滑溜溜的。

旁白 neutral

" Whee!" cried Molly, sliding on the ice

“哟呼!”莫莉边在冰上滑边叫起来。

旁白 neutral

" My feet are freezing," complained Oliver

“我的脚好冷啊。”奥利弗抱怨道。

旁白 neutral

" Mine too," said Josh, stomping his feet

“我的也是。”乔什边说边跺着脚。

旁白 neutral

" I wish Iggy could invent something to keep our feet warm."

“真希望伊吉能发明个东西,让我们的脚暖和起来。”

旁白 neutral

" Oliver, did you know that Iggy is an inventor?" asked Jenny

“奥利弗,你知道伊吉是个发明家吗?”珍妮问道。

旁白 neutral

" What's an inventor?" asked Oliver

“发明家是什么?”奥利弗问。

旁白 neutral

" It's someone who invents things to solve problems," I said proudly

“就是发明东西来解决问题的人啊。”我自豪地说。

旁白 neutral

Maybe Oliver would realize that his big cousin Iggy was special

也许奥利弗会意识到,他的大表哥伊吉很特别。

旁白 neutral

Instead Oliver just scowled

奥利弗却只是皱起了眉头。

旁白 neutral

" Big deal," he mumbled

“有什么了不起的,”他嘟囔道。

旁白 neutral

I scowled back at him

我也对他皱起了眉头。

旁白 neutral

Then I went back to thinking about an invention that would keep our feet warm

然后我又开始琢磨能让脚保暖的发明。

旁白 neutral

My mom had a hair dryer

我妈妈有个吹风机。

旁白 neutral

" What if I made a special holder for the shoes?" I thought

“要是我做一个特殊的鞋子支架呢?” 我想。

旁白 neutral

" Then I could blow the hot dryer inside the shoes!

“那样我就可以把吹风机的热风吹进鞋里了!

旁白 neutral

That might work!"

“那可能行得通!”

旁白 neutral

We headed home about an hour later

大约一小时后我们回家了。

旁白 neutral

" My feet are soo cold!" Oliver complained

“我的脚好冷啊!” 奥利弗抱怨道。

旁白 neutral

" It was a dumb idea to go outside."

“出去真是个馊主意。”

旁白 neutral

" Why don't you take your shoes off," I said

“你为什么不把鞋子脱掉呢,”我说。

旁白 neutral

To my surprise Oliver listened to me and took his shoes off by the fireplace

令我惊讶的是,奥利弗听了我的话,在壁炉旁脱掉了鞋子。

旁白 neutral

My mom had built a fire there

我妈妈在那里生了火。

旁白 neutral

While we were drinking hot cocoa, I asked Mom if I could borrow her hair dryer

我们喝热可可的时候,我问妈妈能不能借用她的吹风机。

旁白 neutral

She narrowed her eyes." What for?"

她眯起眼睛。“做什么用?”

旁白 neutral

" A shoe-warming invention," I explained

“一个暖鞋的发明,”我解释道。

旁白 neutral

" How will it work?" she wanted to know

“它要怎么运作呢?”她想知道。

旁白 neutral

" I'm not sure," I said." I have to experiment."

“我不确定,”我说。“我得试验一下。”

旁白 neutral

Mom shook her head

妈妈摇了摇头。

旁白 neutral

" I don't think I want you to experiment with my hair dryer," she said

她说:“我不太想让你拿我的吹风机做实验。”

旁白 neutral

" It's brand-new. If something goes wrong, I'll have to buy another one."

“这是全新的。万一弄坏了,我还得再买一个。”

旁白 neutral

Oliver looked miserable

奥利弗看起来可怜兮兮的。

旁白 neutral

" Now my socks are cold,"

“现在我的袜子也凉了,”

旁白 neutral

he whined, swinging his feet under the kitchen table

他嘟囔着,在厨房桌子下面晃荡着双脚。

旁白 neutral

I was getting better at ignoring him

我越来越能无视他了。

旁白 neutral

" It would be great if I could keep our shoes warm while we were outside," I thought

“要是在外面的时候能让我们的鞋子一直暖和,那该多好啊,”我想。

旁白 neutral

I imagined walking down an icy street with toasty warm feet

想象着走在这条结冰的街上,双脚暖烘烘的。

旁白 neutral

That would feel fantastic

那感觉一定棒极了。

旁白 neutral

I went back into the living room and stared at the blazing fire

我回到客厅,出神地望着那熊熊燃烧的炉火。

旁白 neutral

What if I used the fire to warm up shoes?

要是我用火来暖鞋子呢?

旁白 neutral

The other kids were still in the kitchen

其他孩子还在厨房里。

旁白 neutral

I could hear Josh telling jokes

我能听见乔希在讲笑话。

旁白 neutral

" Why did the farmer throw the clock out the window?" he asked

“农夫为什么把钟扔出窗外?”他问。

旁白 neutral

" Why?" asked Molly

“为什么?”莫莉问。

旁白 neutral

" He wanted to see time fly!"

“他想看时光飞逝!”

旁白 neutral

" Ha-ha!" Molly and Jenny laughed

“哈哈!”莫莉和珍妮笑了。

旁白 neutral

" I don't get it," said Oliver

“我没听懂。”奥利弗说。

旁白 neutral

" When time goes fast, you say ' time flies,'" explained Josh

“时间过得快,就说‘时光飞逝’,”乔希解释道。

旁白 neutral

" The farmer wanted to see time fly!

“农夫想亲眼看到时光飞起来!

旁白 neutral

That's why he threw the clock out the window."

所以他把钟扔出窗外了。”

旁白 neutral

Somebody else started telling a joke

另一个人开始讲笑话了。

旁白 neutral

I took one of Oliver's shoes and stuck it on the end of a long metal poker

我拿起奥利弗的一只鞋,把它插在一根长金属拨火棍的末端。

旁白 neutral

Then I propped up the poker near the fire

然后我把拨火棍架在壁炉火旁边。

旁白 neutral

Now Oliver's shoe would get nice and warm inside

现在奥利弗的鞋里面会变得暖暖的了。

旁白 neutral

I went back to the kitchen

我回到了厨房。

旁白 neutral

Tate was telling a joke now

现在泰特在讲笑话。

旁白 neutral

" What's worse than biting into an apple and finding a big bug inside?" he asked

“咬一口苹果,发现里面有一条大虫子,还有比这更糟的事吗?”他问。

旁白 neutral

" What?" asked Molly

“是什么?”莫莉问。

旁白 neutral

" Finding half a bug!" said Tate

“发现半条虫子!”泰特说。

旁白 neutral

To my surprise Oliver actually smiled

令我惊讶的是,奥利弗居然笑了。

旁白 neutral

But Jenny made a face

但珍妮做了个鬼脸。

旁白 neutral

" That's disgusting!" she said

“真恶心!”她说。

旁白 neutral

" I would hate to eat a bug."

“我可不想吃到虫子。”

旁白 neutral

" Or even half a bug!" added Molly with a shudder

“哪怕半条虫子也不想!”莫莉打了个哆嗦补充道。

旁白 neutral

Josh started telling another joke, but then suddenly he stopped

乔希开始讲另一个笑话,但突然停了下来。

旁白 neutral

He sniffed." What's that smell?" he said

他闻了闻。“这是什么味道?”他说。

旁白 neutral

" It smells like leather," Mom said." Burning leather."

“闻起来像皮革,”妈妈说。“烧焦的皮革。”

旁白 neutral

" Oh my gosh! Oliver's shoe!" I cried

“哦,天哪!奥利弗的鞋!”我大叫起来。

旁白 neutral

I ran into the living room

我跑进客厅。

旁白 neutral

The poker I had propped up had fallen into the fireplace

我架好的拨火棍掉进了壁炉里。

旁白 neutral

And Oliver's shoe was on fire!

奥利弗的鞋着火了!