E32 · Episodes
032 大麻烦
大麻烦
Little Fox Level 5 · Iggy the Incredible Inventor · Episode 32 — 大麻烦.
68 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
As soon as I finished my muffin, I went across the hall to Molly's apartment
我一吃完松饼,就穿过走廊去了莫莉的公寓。
旁白 neutral
Molly came to the door wearing her purple bathrobe and eating a chocolate-covered donut
莫莉来开门,穿着紫色的浴袍,正吃着一个巧克力甜甜圈。
旁白 neutral
" I'm having a mental health day," Molly announced
“我在享受心理健康日,”莫莉宣布。
旁白 neutral
Tate had told me all about mental health days
泰特告诉过我所有关于心理健康日的事情。
旁白 neutral
You get to sit around in your pajamas, watching TV and eating your favorite foods
你可以穿着睡衣坐着,看电视,吃自己最喜欢的食物。
旁白 neutral
" Well, I'm having an emergency!" I said
“嗯,我遇到了紧急情况!”我说。
旁白 neutral
Molly stopped chewing her donut
莫莉停止了嚼她的甜甜圈。
旁白 neutral
" What's wrong?" she asked." Is somebody sick?"
“怎么了?”她问。“有人生病了吗?”
旁白 neutral
I shook my head
我摇了摇头。
旁白 neutral
" No one is sick — except me
“没人病——除了我。
旁白 neutral
I'm sick of my cousin, Oliver, and he isn't even here yet!"
我已经烦透我表弟奥利弗了,他还没来呢!
旁白 neutral
Molly looked puzzled
莫莉一脸困惑。
旁白 neutral
" Iggy," she said
“伊吉,” 她说。
旁白 neutral
" What are you talking about?"
“你在说什么呢?”
旁白 neutral
" I'm talking about my bratty cousin, Oliver," I said
“我在说我的烦人表弟奥利弗,” 我说。
旁白 neutral
" He's coming to visit, and he's going to share my room!"
“他要来我家,还要和我共用一个房间!”
旁白 neutral
I told Molly about Oliver visiting over winter vacation
我告诉莫莉奥利弗寒假要来我家。
旁白 neutral
" My mom said Aunt Julia and Uncle John want to take a cruise," I added
“我妈妈说朱莉娅阿姨和约翰叔叔想去坐游轮,” 我补充说。
旁白 neutral
" Without Oliver?" asked Molly
“不带奥利弗?” 莫莉问。
旁白 neutral
I nodded." My uncle has been working really hard
我点了点头。“我叔叔工作一直很辛苦。
旁白 neutral
They want to take a vacation by themselves."
他们想自己去度假。”
旁白 neutral
Molly giggled." They probably want to get away from Oliver for a while!"
莫莉咯咯地笑了。“他们大概是想躲开奥利弗一阵子!”
旁白 neutral
" I bet you're right," I said glumly
“我就知道你说得对,”我闷闷不乐地说。
旁白 neutral
" But why do they have to leave him with us?"
“可他们为什么非得把他留给我们呢?”
旁白 neutral
Just then we heard Josh and Jenny walking up the stairs with their dad
就在这时,我们听到乔什和珍妮跟着爸爸上楼来了。
旁白 neutral
Molly and I looked down
我和莫莉向下看去。
旁白 neutral
They were all carrying grocery bags
他们全都提着购物袋。
旁白 neutral
" I've got a problem!" I burst out
“我有麻烦了!”我脱口而出。
旁白 neutral
Josh looked up at me
乔什抬头看着我。
旁白 neutral
" Really?" he said
“真的?”他说。
旁白 neutral
" Maybe we'd better have a powwow."
“也许我们最好开个碰头会。”
旁白 neutral
My friends and I have a " powwow " whenever somebody has a big problem
每当有人遇到大麻烦时,我和朋友们就会开个“碰头会”。
旁白 neutral
We get together to figure out a solution
我们聚在一起,想出一个解决办法。
旁白 neutral
" That's a great idea!" I said
“这主意太棒了!”我说。
旁白 neutral
" I'll go get dressed," said Molly
“我去换衣服,”莫莉说。
旁白 neutral
" A powwow sounds like more fun than a mental health day."
“开碰头会听起来比心理健康日有趣多了。”
旁白 neutral
" We'll meet in five minutes outside on the front steps!" said Josh
“我们五分钟后在门口台阶上见!”乔什说。
旁白 neutral
Soon we were all sitting on the front steps
很快,我们都坐在了门口的台阶上。
旁白 neutral
But it was freezing outside, and an icy rain had started to fall
但外面冷得要命,而且已经开始下起了冰冷的雨。
旁白 neutral
" Let's go inside by the radiator," said Jenny
“我们进屋,坐到暖气片旁边去吧,”珍妮说。
旁白 neutral
We went into the front hall and stood by the big radiator
我们走进前厅,站在那个大暖气片旁边。
旁白 neutral
It was making loud banging noises
它正发出响亮的砰砰声。
旁白 neutral
But at least the front hall was warm
但至少前厅是暖和的。
旁白 neutral
I told Josh and Jenny about Oliver's coming to visit
我把奥利弗要来作客的事告诉了乔什和珍妮。
旁白 neutral
" And he's going to share my room!" I groaned
“而且他要和我同住一个房间!”我呻吟道。
旁白 neutral
" So I won't have any quiet time to work on a new invention
“这样我就不会有安静的时间来搞新发明了。
旁白 neutral
And I really wanted to get into the Inventor's Hall of Fame!"
而我真的好想入选发明家名人堂啊!”
旁白 neutral
" How do you do that?" asked Josh
“要怎样才能入选呢?”乔什问道。
旁白 neutral
" You have to invent something really amazing," I explained
“你必须发明出真正了不起的东西,”我解释道。
旁白 neutral
" And if you do invent something cool, you win a trophy
“如果你真的发明了很酷的东西,就会赢得一个奖杯。
旁白 neutral
Plus, you get your picture on the Inventor's Hall of Fame website."
另外,你的照片还会登上发明家名人堂的网站。”
旁白 neutral
Molly's face lit up
莫莉的脸亮了起来。
旁白 neutral
" You would be famous, Iggy!"
“你会出名的,伊吉!”
旁白 neutral
" But now Oliver is coming," I said
“但现在奥利弗要来了,”我说。
旁白 neutral
" He'll spoil everything!"
“他会毁了一切的!”
旁白 neutral
" It could be fun," said Josh
“可能会很好玩呢,”乔什说。
旁白 neutral
He was trying to cheer me up
他是在努力让我振作起来。
旁白 neutral
" You'll be like a big brother to Oliver."
“你会像是奥利弗的大哥哥一样。”
旁白 neutral
" Me, a big brother?" I said
“我,当大哥哥?”我说。
旁白 neutral
I had to admit I hadn't thought of that
我不得不承认,我倒没想过这点。
旁白 neutral
" We could fix him a cute little bed in your room," Jenny chimed in
“我们可以在你房间里给他铺一张可爱的小床,”珍妮插嘴道。
旁白 neutral
" And invent games and fun activities to do!" added Molly
“还能发明些游戏和好玩的活动来做!”莫莉补充道。
旁白 neutral
I smiled." You guys are the best friends ever!" I said
我笑了。“你们真是世上最好的朋友!”我说。
旁白 neutral
I was starting to feel a little better
我开始感觉好一点了。
旁白 neutral
Maybe Oliver's visit wouldn't be so bad after all
也许奥利弗的来访终究不会那么糟。
旁白 neutral
I'm glad I didn't have a crystal ball to see the future right then
我真庆幸当时没有水晶球能预知未来。
旁白 neutral
Because if I'd had a crystal ball, I would have seen the truth
因为如果我那时有个水晶球,我就会看到真相。
旁白 neutral
Oliver was going to be trouble — big trouble!
奥利弗会是个麻烦——大麻烦!