E31 · Episodes
031 不完美的一天
不完美的一天
Little Fox Level 5 · Iggy the Incredible Inventor · Episode 31 — 不完美的一天.
65 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
I was lying on my bed one morning, thinking about how perfect everything was
一天早上,我躺在床上,想着一切是多么完美。
旁白 neutral
Usually there is at least one thing wrong in my life
通常我的生活中至少有一件事不对劲。
旁白 neutral
Most days it has something to do with my brother, Tate
大多数日子里,这都跟我哥哥泰特有关。
旁白 neutral
Yesterday, for example, he got mad when I squeezed all the toothpaste out of the tube
比如昨天,我把整管牙膏全挤出来,他气坏了。
旁白 neutral
I was experimenting to see if I could invent an automatic toothpaste squeezer
当时我在做实验,看能不能发明一个自动挤牙膏器。
旁白 neutral
Or sometimes it's our dinner menu
有时问题出在晚餐菜单上。
旁白 neutral
I hate when Mom makes eggplant casserole, which is the most disgusting food ever invented
我讨厌妈妈做茄子砂锅,那是有史以来最恶心的食物。
旁白 neutral
Whoever invented it should go to jail!
发明这道菜的人应该去坐牢!
旁白 neutral
But tonight we were having pizza
但今晚我们要吃披萨。
旁白 neutral
My favorite. Plus, winter vacation was coming up soon
我的最爱。再说,寒假也快到了。
旁白 neutral
So I was going to have a whole week to think up a new invention
这么说,我有一整周的时间来构思一项新发明。
旁白 neutral
If the invention was really good, I might even get into the Inventor's Hall of Fame!
如果发明真的很棒,我甚至可能入选发明家名人堂!
旁白 neutral
You'd better watch out when you think everything is perfect
当你觉得一切都很完美的时候,你可要当心喽。
旁白 neutral
Do you know why?
你知道为什么吗?
旁白 neutral
Because that means something big is about to go wrong!
因为那意味着要有大麻烦发生了!
旁白 neutral
" Iggy, the muffins are ready!" my mom called, knocking on my door
“伊吉,松饼好了!”妈妈敲着我的门喊道。
旁白 neutral
" And I have a surprise."
“我还有个惊喜。”
旁白 neutral
Oh boy, warm muffins and a surprise!
哇哦,热乎乎的松饼,还有惊喜!
旁白 neutral
" What's the surprise?" I asked, coming out of my room
“是什么惊喜?”我一边问,一边走出房间。
旁白 neutral
My brother Tate walked into the kitchen
我哥泰特走进了厨房。
旁白 neutral
" Is the surprise for me too?" he asked
“这惊喜也是给我的吗?”他问道。
旁白 neutral
" Sit down," Mom said." And I'll tell you both."
“坐下吧,”妈妈说,“然后我会告诉你们俩。”
旁白 neutral
Tate and I each took a warm muffin and sat down at the table
我和泰特各自拿了一个热乎乎的松饼,在餐桌前坐下。
旁白 neutral
" Well," she began," last night I got a call from Aunt Julia and Uncle John."
“嗯,”她开口说道,“昨晚我接到了朱莉娅阿姨和约翰姨父的电话。”
旁白 neutral
" That's great!" I said
“那太好了!”我说。
旁白 neutral
" Are we going to visit them over winter vacation?"
“我们寒假要去拜访他们吗?”
旁白 neutral
My aunt Julia and uncle John are super-rich
我的朱莉娅阿姨和约翰姨父超级有钱。
旁白 neutral
They live in a big house with a swimming pool
他们住在一栋带游泳池的大房子里。
旁白 neutral
Of course, it's too cold to swim in the pool in the winter
当然,冬天太冷了,不适合在游泳池里游泳。
旁白 neutral
" But maybe we can go sledding on the hill behind their house," I thought
“但也许我们可以去他们屋后的小山坡上滑雪橇,”我心想。
旁白 neutral
" And I can work on my new invention in their huge attic!"
“我还能在他们的大阁楼里做我的新发明!”
旁白 neutral
Tate looked excited too
泰特看起来也很兴奋。
旁白 neutral
" Cool," he said
“太棒了,”他说。
旁白 neutral
" I can stay in the bedroom with the TV like I did last year."
“我可以像去年一样,住那间有电视的卧室。”
旁白 neutral
" I hope I don't have to share a room with Oliver again," I said
“我希望不用再和奥利弗合住一个房间了,”我说。
旁白 neutral
My little cousin is a big pain
我的小表弟真是个讨厌鬼。
旁白 neutral
He never shares his stuff, and he is always complaining about something
他从不分享他的东西,还总是抱怨个不停。
旁白 neutral
" Well...," my mother said," actually you will be sharing a room with Oliver, Iggy."
“这个嘛……,”妈妈说,“实际上伊吉,你还是要和奥利弗住一个房间。”
旁白 neutral
" Too bad!" Tate said, grinning at me
“太糟了!”泰特咧嘴笑着对我说。
旁白 neutral
I shrugged." That's okay," I said
我耸耸肩。“没关系,”我说。
旁白 neutral
" I guess I can stand being stuck in Oliver's room for a few days."
“我猜我可以忍受在奥利弗的房间里困上几天。”
旁白 neutral
" You don't understand," my mom said," we're not going to your aunt and uncle's house."
“你没明白,”妈妈说,“我们不是去你叔叔阿姨家。”
旁白 neutral
" What do you mean?" I asked
“什么意思?”我问。
旁白 neutral
" Are we all going on a trip together?"
“我们要一起去旅行吗?”
旁白 neutral
" No," my mom said." Oliver is coming to visit us
“不是,”妈妈说,“是奥利弗要来我们家做客。”
旁白 neutral
He'll be sharing your bedroom, Iggy."
他会和你共用你的卧室,伊吉。”
旁白 neutral
" What?" I practically shouted
“什么?”我几乎叫了出来。
旁白 neutral
" Calm down, Iggy," said Mom
“冷静点,伊吉,”妈妈说。
旁白 neutral
" It's only for a short time."
“就一小段时间。”
旁白 neutral
" But why does he have to come here?" I asked
“可他为什么非得来这儿呢?”我问。
旁白 neutral
" And why does he have to share my room?
“而且为什么非得和我共用房间?”
旁白 neutral
Why can't he share with Tate?"
为什么不能和泰特一起住?”
旁白 neutral
" No way!" said Tate
“没门!”泰特说。
旁白 neutral
" He can't share with me
“他不能和我一起住。”
旁白 neutral
I'm a teenager."
我是青少年了。”
旁白 neutral
" Well, I'm an inventor," I said
“那,我还是发明家呢,”我说。
旁白 neutral
" And I'm on the brink of a major invention
“而且我马上就要完成一项重大发明了。”
旁白 neutral
It's going to win me a place in the Inventor's Hall of Fame!"
它会让我在发明家名人堂里赢得一席之地的!”
旁白 neutral
You need quiet time to think up a great invention
想出好发明需要安静的时间。
旁白 neutral
I could forget about quiet time with Oliver around
有奥利弗在,安静时间就别想了。
旁白 neutral
" It will be fine, Iggy," my mom said." You'll see."
“会没事的,伊吉,”妈妈说,“你会明白的。”
旁白 neutral
I saw something, all right
我是“明白”了一件事,没错。
旁白 neutral
I saw that my winter vacation was going to be horrible
我明白了我的寒假会变得非常糟糕。
旁白 neutral
What did I tell you?
我怎么跟你说的来着?
旁白 neutral
When things seem perfect, something big always goes wrong!
当一切看起来都很完美时,总会有大事出问题!