E30 · Episodes
030 只管问
只管问
Little Fox Level 5 · Iggy the Incredible Inventor · Episode 30 — 只管问.
60 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
I still couldn't think of an invention to help Molly
我还是想不出一个能帮助莫莉的发明。
旁白 neutral
I did suddenly get an idea for the ending of our story though
不过,我倒是突然想到了我们故事的结局。
旁白 neutral
It happened when I was pouring myself some Crunchy Oats cereal on Wednesday morning
事情发生在一个周三的早晨,当时我正给自己倒一些嘎嘣脆燕麦片。
旁白 neutral
I shook the last few crumbs into my bowl
我把最后一点碎屑也抖进了碗里。
旁白 neutral
I tried to get a new box from the cupboard, but I couldn't reach it
我想从橱柜里拿一盒新的,可我够不着。
旁白 neutral
Even when I stood on a stool, the box was just out of reach
即使我站在凳子上,还是差一点点够不到那个盒子。
旁白 neutral
" Mom, I can't reach the cereal!" I called
“妈妈,我够不到麦片!”我喊道。
旁白 neutral
My mom was in the living room, putting on her coat
妈妈在客厅里,正在穿外套。
旁白 neutral
" I'm late for work, Iggy," she said
“我上班要迟到了,伊吉,”她说。
旁白 neutral
" Please ask your brother to help."
“请你找哥哥帮忙吧。”
旁白 neutral
" He won't do it!" I said." He never helps me."
“他不会做的!”我说,“他从不帮我。”
旁白 neutral
I don't think my mom heard me, because she said good-bye and hurried out the door
我觉得妈妈没听见我的话,因为她说了再见就匆匆出门了。
旁白 neutral
" You took the last chocolate granola bar," said Tate, staring at me
“你拿走了最后一块巧克力燕麦棒,”泰特盯着我说。
旁白 neutral
" And now you're eating all the Crunchy Oats!"
“现在你又把所有的脆脆燕麦片都吃光了!”
旁白 neutral
" There's a brand-new box," I started to say
“有一盒全新的,”我开口说道。
旁白 neutral
" But I can't..."
“可我够不着……”
旁白 neutral
To my surprise, Tate smiled at me
令我惊讶的是,泰特对我笑了笑。
旁白 neutral
" I'm just kidding," he said
“我只是开玩笑,”他说。
旁白 neutral
" I'll get the cereal for you."
“我帮你拿麦片。”
旁白 neutral
Tate reached up and grabbed the box of Crunchy Oats cereal
泰特伸手够到那盒脆脆燕麦片,拿了下来。
旁白 neutral
" Gee, thanks!" I said
“哎呀,谢谢!”我说。
旁白 neutral
" All you have to do is ask," said Tate
“你只要开口问就行了。”泰特说。
旁白 neutral
" What?" I blinked in surprise
“什么?”我惊讶地眨了眨眼。
旁白 neutral
All you have to do is ask?
只要开口问就行了?
旁白 neutral
That was it!
就是这样!
旁白 neutral
The boy in our story could ask the giant vacuum to give his brother back
我们故事里的男孩可以让巨型吸尘器把他哥哥还回来。
旁白 neutral
The giant vacuum was friendly and gentle
那个巨型吸尘器既友好又温和。
旁白 neutral
The vacuum would be happy to return Jack's stuff, along with his big brother
吸尘器会很乐意把杰克的东西连同他的哥哥一起还回去。
旁白 neutral
And Jack would be happy to have his big brother around again
而杰克也会很高兴他哥哥又能陪在身边了。
旁白 neutral
Just like me
就和我一样。
旁白 neutral
Once in a while anyway
偶尔帮一下而已。
旁白 neutral
Molly loved my plan for our story ending
莫莉很喜欢我给故事结局想的办法。
旁白 neutral
We titled our last chapter " Just Ask."
我们把最后一章的标题定为“开口问就好”。
旁白 neutral
As we wrote the final words, I got the best idea ever — the one I'd been hoping to get
写下最后几个字时,我突然有了个绝妙的主意——正是我一直盼着的那个。
旁白 neutral
" Why don't you tell Lucy you can't sleep because of the monster show?" I said to Molly
“你为什么不告诉露西,你睡不着是因为那个怪物节目呢?”我对莫莉说。
旁白 neutral
" Then just ask her if she and Caswell can watch something different."
“然后直接问问她,她和卡斯韦尔能不能看点别的。”
旁白 neutral
" Just ask?" echoed Molly
“开口问?”莫莉重复道。
旁白 neutral
She shook her head
她摇了摇头。
旁白 neutral
" But that would be admitting I'm a big baby."
“可那样就等于承认我是个胆小鬼了。”
旁白 neutral
" No," I said," it would be telling Lucy that you don't like monster shows."
“不,”我说,“那是告诉露西你不喜欢看怪物节目。”
旁白 neutral
Molly looked thoughtful
莫莉若有所思。
旁白 neutral
" Just ask?" she repeated one more time
“开口问?”她又重复了一遍。
旁白 neutral
I nodded." Yep. Just ask."
我点点头:“对。开口问就行。”
旁白 neutral
And that is exactly what Molly did
莫莉也正是这么做的。
旁白 neutral
She didn't feel like a baby either because Lucy just shrugged and said," Sure."
她也一点不觉得丢人,因为露西只是耸耸肩,说了声“好啊”。
旁白 neutral
And Caswell said," I'm sick of Monster Madness anyway."
卡斯韦尔也说:“反正我也看腻《怪物狂潮》了。”
旁白 neutral
After that Molly started sleeping better
从那以后,莫莉睡得踏实多了。
旁白 neutral
And Lucy started thinking up stuff for all of us to do after school
露西也开始琢磨放学后我们大家一起做点什么。
旁白 neutral
We played games and read books
我们玩游戏、读书。
旁白 neutral
We went to the playground and even made a homemade pizza together!
我们去游乐场,甚至还一起做了个自制披萨!
旁白 neutral
A few weeks later our own books were printed and placed in the school library
几周后,我们自己的书印好了,摆进了学校图书馆。
旁白 neutral
Molly and I were there one day when a second-grade class came in
有一天我和莫莉在那儿时,一个二年级的班级走了进来。
旁白 neutral
The kids started looking for good books to read
孩子们开始找好看的书来读。
旁白 neutral
I saw a little girl pick up Jack and the Giant Vacuum
我看见一个小女孩拿起了《杰克与巨型吸尘器》。
旁白 neutral
It was the book that Molly and I had written!
那就是我和莫莉写的那本书!
旁白 neutral
" This book looks really good!" the little girl said to her friend
“这本书看起来真不错!”小女孩对她的朋友说。
旁白 neutral
And then she sat down and read the whole story!
然后她坐下来,读完了整个故事!
旁白 neutral
" Wow," I thought, watching her
“哇,”我看着她,心想。
旁白 neutral
A lot of my inventions, like the Enchanting Cherries bubble bath, turned into big disasters
我的好多发明,比如那个“魔力樱桃”泡泡浴,最后都演变成大灾难。
旁白 neutral
But this time, with Molly's help, I had invented something pretty cool — a real page-turner!
但这一次,在莫莉的帮助下,我发明了个挺酷的东西——一本真正的“精彩故事”!