E24 · Episodes
024 一个惊喜
一个惊喜
Little Fox Level 5 · Iggy the Incredible Inventor · Episode 24 — 一个惊喜.
64 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
" Hey!" I exclaimed, blurting out my story idea
“嘿!”我脱口而出,把我的故事点子嚷嚷了出来。
旁白 neutral
" Let's write a story about a giant talking vacuum cleaner
“我们写一个关于巨型会说话的吸尘器的故事吧。
旁白 neutral
It can suck up the whole world!"
它能把整个世界都吸走!”
旁白 neutral
" Huh?" Molly blinked at me
“嗯?”莫莉朝我眨了眨眼。
旁白 neutral
Then she shook her head
然后她摇了摇头。
旁白 neutral
" No, Iggy. The vaccum cleaner sounds like a monster
“不,伊吉。这个吸尘器听起来像个怪物。
旁白 neutral
I'm not writing a story about a monster!"
我不想写关于怪物的故事!”
旁白 neutral
At lunch we talked some more about my idea
午饭时,我们又讨论了一会儿我的点子。
旁白 neutral
Molly kept pointing out problems with it
莫莉不停地指出其中的问题。
旁白 neutral
" The giant vacuum cleaner can't suck up the whole world, Iggy," she said
“那个巨型吸尘器不可能吸走整个世界,伊吉。”她说。
旁白 neutral
" If it did, there wouldn't be a story because nothing would be left."
如果它真的那样,就没有故事可写了,因为什么都不会剩下。
旁白 neutral
I knew Molly was right
我就知道莫莉是对的。
旁白 neutral
I decided that thinking of a plot for a story was even harder than inventing!
我认定,构思一个故事情节比搞发明还要难!
旁白 neutral
Other kids were talking about plot ideas too
其他孩子也在讨论情节构思。
旁白 neutral
" Mrs. Romano said we should bounce our ideas off each other," said Colby
“Romano老师说我们应该互相交流想法,”科尔比说。
旁白 neutral
" Boing!" said Jake, bouncing a grape off Colby's head
“砰!”杰克说着,把一颗葡萄弹到了科尔比头上。
旁白 neutral
" She said to bounce story ideas, not food!" said Kristin
“她说的是碰撞想法,不是弹食物!”克里斯汀说。
旁白 neutral
After school we stopped at Molly's apartment to ask if Molly could come to my apartment
放学后,我们顺便去了莫莉的公寓,问莫莉能不能来我的公寓。
旁白 neutral
Caswell and Lucy were in the living room, watching Monster Madness again
卡斯韦尔和露西在客厅里,又在看《怪兽疯狂》。
旁白 neutral
Lucy just stared at the TV screen
露西只是盯着电视屏幕。
旁白 neutral
" Iggy, your mom wants to see you and Molly right away
"伊吉,你妈妈让你和莫莉马上过去一下。
旁白 neutral
She has a surprise."
她有个惊喜。"
旁白 neutral
Molly and I raced over to my apartment
我和莫莉飞奔回了我的公寓。
旁白 neutral
" What's the surprise, Mom?" I blurted out
"什么惊喜呀,妈妈?"我脱口而出。
旁白 neutral
" I can't tell you yet," said Mom
"我现在还不能告诉你,"妈妈说。
旁白 neutral
" But we're going somewhere fun
"不过我们要去一个好玩的地方。
旁白 neutral
Caswell can come too, if he wants."
卡斯韦尔如果想去,也可以一起来。"
旁白 neutral
Caswell decided he could miss the rest of Monster Madness for today
卡斯韦尔觉得,今天的《怪物狂欢》剩下的部分不看也行。
旁白 neutral
Soon all of us, including Lucy, were walking down the busy street
很快,我们所有人,包括露西,走在了熙熙攘攘的街道上。
旁白 neutral
We passed Bubbles Bath Shop and waved to Mr. Chen
我们路过泡泡浴商店,朝陈先生挥了挥手。
旁白 neutral
We passed our school and waved to Mrs. Romano, who was just leaving for the day
我们路过学校,向正要下班的罗马诺老师挥手。
旁白 neutral
At last my mom stopped in front of a shop I had never seen before
最后,妈妈在一家我从没见过的商店前停了下来。
旁白 neutral
A sign read: " Garden Gate Children's Bookstore
一块招牌上写着:“花园门儿童书店。
旁白 neutral
Author Story Hour Today!"
今日有作家故事会!”
旁白 neutral
" It's a new bookstore," my mom explained
“这是一家新书店,”妈妈解释说。
旁白 neutral
" And we're just in time for story hour."
我们正好赶上故事会。
旁白 neutral
We entered through a door that looked like a garden gate
我们从一个看起来像花园门的入口走了进去。
旁白 neutral
Kids were sitting on the floor, and a lady was sitting on a chair in front of them
孩子们坐在地板上,一位女士坐在他们前面的椅子上。
旁白 neutral
" I'm Matilda Mackey," she said
“我是马蒂尔达·麦基,”她说。
旁白 neutral
" I'm going to read my new book, The Wicky Wacky School."
“我打算读我的新书,《古怪学校》。”
旁白 neutral
Matilda Mackey's book was about a school where weird things happen
玛蒂尔达·麦基写的书讲的是一个学校里发生怪事的故事。
旁白 neutral
One day the teachers turn into monkeys, and the main character has to figure out how to change them back
有一天,老师们变成了猴子,主人公得想办法把他们变回来。
旁白 neutral
She solves the problem when she realizes the teachers have been eating too many bananas
她发现老师们吃了太多香蕉,于是解决了问题。
旁白 neutral
I thought the story was really funny and had a lot of suspense
我觉得这个故事非常有趣,而且悬念重重。
旁白 neutral
Suddenly I got an idea
突然,我有了个主意。
旁白 neutral
I leaned over to Molly
我凑向莫莉。
旁白 neutral
" Maybe Mrs. Mackey can help us think of a plot for our story!"
“也许麦基夫人能帮我们想个故事的情节!”
旁白 neutral
Molly nodded and gave me the thumbs-up sign
莫莉点点头,对我竖起了大拇指。
旁白 neutral
After Mrs. Mackey finished reading, Molly and I rushed up to her
麦基夫人读完故事后,我和莫莉冲到她面前。
旁白 neutral
" My name is Iggy," I said." I'm an inventor."
“我叫伊吉,”我说,“我是个发明家。”
旁白 neutral
" And I'm Molly," said Molly
“我是莫莉,”莫莉说。
旁白 neutral
" I'm just a regular person."
“我只是个普通人。”
旁白 neutral
" We're writing a story in school," I explained
“我们在学校写故事,”我解释道。
旁白 neutral
" And we can't think of a good plot," added Molly
“而且我们想不出好情节,”莫莉补充说。
旁白 neutral
Mrs. Mackey's eyes lit up
麦基夫人的眼睛亮了起来。
旁白 neutral
" Here's what you have to do," she said
“你们要这样做,”她说。
旁白 neutral
" Ask yourself what the character wants more than anything in the world
“问问自己,这个角色比世界上任何东西都更想要什么。
旁白 neutral
And then give her a huge problem to solve."
然后给她一个巨大的难题去解决。”
旁白 neutral
Somehow Mrs. Mackey's words sounded familiar
不知怎的,麦基夫人的话听起来很耳熟。
旁白 neutral
Then I realized why
然后我明白了为什么。
旁白 neutral
It was just like my life!
这就像我的生活!
旁白 neutral
I always wanted to invent things to help people
我总是想发明东西来帮助别人。
旁白 neutral
And I always had a huge problem:
而且我总有个大问题:
旁白 neutral
my inventions turned out to be flops!
我的发明总是失败!