Level 5 · 了不起的小发明家
🎬

E23 · Episodes

023 头脑风暴

头脑风暴

Little Fox Level 5 · Iggy the Incredible Inventor · Episode 23 — 头脑风暴.

61 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

I still hadn't formulated a bubble bath soap for Mom or Tate

我还没有给妈妈或泰特调配出泡泡浴皂。

旁白 neutral

But after the disaster with Molly's bath soap, I decided I was finished with formulating them for now

但在莫莉的浴皂搞出大乱子后,我决定暂时不再调配了。

旁白 neutral

As soon as Molly left, I went to my room to think

莫莉一走,我就回房间去想了。

旁白 neutral

I started telling myself about all the great things I would invent someday

我开始对自己说,总有一天我会发明出很多伟大的东西。

旁白 neutral

Soon I'd forgotten all about Molly's monster problem

很快我就把莫莉的怪物麻烦忘得一干二净。

旁白 neutral

That's when I got a fantastic idea, and I wasn't even trying!

就在这时,我有了一个绝妙的主意,而且我根本就没刻意去想!

旁白 neutral

I ran into the kitchen and called Molly on the telephone

我跑进厨房,打电话给莫莉。

旁白 neutral

" When you go to bed, I want you to say something to yourself," I told her

“你上床睡觉的时候,我想让你对自己说一句话。”我告诉她。

旁白 neutral

She still sounded a little annoyed at me

她听起来还是有点生我的气。

旁白 neutral

" What should I say?" she asked

“我该说什么?”她问。

旁白 neutral

" You should say,' I will not think of a monster ever, ever, ever.'

“你应该说,‘我永远,永远,永远都不会去想怪物。’”

旁白 neutral

Try it now," I coaxed her

“现在试试看,”我哄着她。

旁白 neutral

" I will not think of a monster," repeated Molly." Ever, ever, ever."

“我不会去想怪物,”莫莉重复道。“永远,永远,永远。”

旁白 neutral

" Good!" I said." What are you thinking right now?"

“很好!”我说。“你现在在想什么?”

旁白 neutral

" I'm thinking of a monster," said Molly

“我在想一个怪物,”莫莉说。

旁白 neutral

" Argh!" I cried

“啊!”我大叫一声。

旁白 neutral

" You're not supposed to think of a monster, Molly!"

“你不应该去想怪物的,莫莉!”

旁白 neutral

" Then stop reminding me, Iggy!" said Molly

“那就别再提醒我了,艾吉!”莫莉说。

旁白 neutral

I could tell my latest fantastic idea wasn't helping her much

我能感觉到,我最新想到的绝妙点子对她没什么帮助。

旁白 neutral

I could also tell that Molly was really cranky from not sleeping

我还能感觉到,莫莉因为没睡好,脾气真的很暴躁。

旁白 neutral

So we hung up a minute later

于是过了一会儿,我们挂了电话。

旁白 neutral

Guess what? That night I dreamed of a monster!

猜怎么着?那天晚上我梦见了一只怪物!

旁白 neutral

It wasn't a scary monster though

不过,那可不是一只吓人的怪物。

旁白 neutral

It was a funny monster

它是一只滑稽的怪物。

旁白 neutral

Molly was late for school the next day because she had a dentist appointment

第二天,莫莉因为要看牙医,上学迟到了。

旁白 neutral

She came into the classroom just as Mrs. Romano was explaining our new project

她走进教室时,罗马诺老师正在讲解我们的新项目。

旁白 neutral

I noticed Molly still looked tired, with dark circles under her eyes

我注意到莫莉看上去依然很疲惫,眼睛下面有黑眼圈。

旁白 neutral

" Today you will work with your partner and begin writing your books," Mrs. Romano was saying

“今天你们要和搭档一起开始写你们的书,”罗马诺老师说。

旁白 neutral

" Will they be real books, like in a bookstore?" asked Ruby

“它们会是真正的书吗,就像书店里卖的那种?”鲁比问。

旁白 neutral

" Your book will look like a real book when you are finished," said Mrs. Romano

“等你们完成的时候,你们的书看起来就会像一本真正的书,”罗马诺老师说。

旁白 neutral

" But it will not be sold in bookstores."

“但不会在书店里出售。”

旁白 neutral

Ruby looked disappointed

露比显得有些失望。

旁白 neutral

" Your books will be in the school library," Mrs. Romano went on

“你们的书会放在学校图书馆里,”罗马诺老师继续说道。

旁白 neutral

" Younger students can borrow them, so make sure you write a page-turner."

“低年级的学生可以借阅,所以你们一定要写得引人入胜。”

旁白 neutral

Colby raised his hand

科尔比举起了手。

旁白 neutral

" What's a ' page-turner'?" he asked

“‘引人入胜的书’是什么?”他问道。

旁白 neutral

Mrs. Romano smiled

罗马诺老师笑了。

旁白 neutral

" It's a book with a really good plot

“就是一本情节非常好的书。

旁白 neutral

In other words, exciting things happen to your main character."

换句话说,主角身上会发生激动人心的事情。”

旁白 neutral

" Oh..." Colby nodded thoughtfully." I see."

“哦……”科尔比若有所思地点点头。“我明白了。”

旁白 neutral

Molly and I pushed our desks together so we could get started writing our book

我和莫莉把桌子拼在一起,好开始写我们的书。

旁白 neutral

First I tried to cheer up Molly

我先试着让莫莉开心起来。

旁白 neutral

" I dreamed of a monster last night, but it was a funny monster," I told her

我告诉她:“我昨晚梦到一只怪物,不过是只搞笑的怪物。”

旁白 neutral

I drew a picture of the funny monster from my dream

我画了一幅梦里那只搞笑怪物的画。

旁白 neutral

Molly didn't laugh though

但莫莉并没有笑。

旁白 neutral

Not even a little

一点点都没有。

旁白 neutral

" My monsters aren't funny," she said

“我的怪物一点也不搞笑,”她说。

旁白 neutral

" This afternoon I'm going to try to distract Caswell

“今天下午我要试着分散卡斯维尔的注意力。

旁白 neutral

I'll make him popcorn

我会给他做爆米花。

旁白 neutral

Then maybe he'll forget about watching Monster Madness."

那样也许他就会忘记看《怪物狂潮》了。”

旁白 neutral

" Iggy and Molly, do you need help?"

“艾吉,莫莉,你们需要帮忙吗?”

旁白 neutral

asked Mrs. Romano, coming over to us

罗马诺老师走过来问道。

旁白 neutral

" No," I said

“不需要,”我说。

旁白 neutral

" We just need to think of a plot for a story."

“我们只需要想出一个故事的情节来。”

旁白 neutral

" Why don't you brainstorm?" suggested Mrs. Romano

“你们为什么不头脑风暴一下呢?”罗马诺老师建议道。

旁白 neutral

" Brainstorm " means you think of lots of ideas as fast as you can

“头脑风暴”的意思是尽可能快地想出很多点子。

旁白 neutral

We tried to brainstorm, but we didn't come up with any fantastic ideas

我们试着头脑风暴,但没想出什么绝妙的点子。

旁白 neutral

All Molly could think about were scary monsters

莫莉满脑子想的都是吓人的怪物。

旁白 neutral

My ideas were mostly about my room and how much I hated to clean it up

我的点子大多是跟我房间有关,还有我有多讨厌打扫它。

旁白 neutral

I wished I had a big machine to do all the work for me

我希望能有一台大机器,替我把所有的活都干了。

旁白 neutral

At last I got a good idea

终于,我想到了一个好主意。