Level 5 · 了不起的小发明家
🎬

E21 · Episodes

021 莫莉的问题

莫莉的问题

Little Fox Level 5 · Iggy the Incredible Inventor · Episode 21 — 莫莉的问题.

64 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

It was a normal November morning — except for one thing

这是一个普通的十一月早晨——除了一件事。

旁白 neutral

Everyone was upset about something

每个人都因为某些事不高兴。

旁白 neutral

My brother, Tate, was upset because of me

我弟弟泰特因为我而不高兴。

旁白 neutral

" Mom!" Tate yelled

“妈妈!”泰特大喊道。

旁白 neutral

" I found more of Iggy's junk in my closet!"

“我又在我衣柜里发现了伊吉的破烂!”

旁白 neutral

I had moved into my own room a while ago

我前一阵子搬进了自己的房间。

旁白 neutral

I guess I'd left some stuff behind

我猜我落下了些东西。

旁白 neutral

" Tell him to get it out of here!" Tate complained

“让他把这些东西弄走!”泰特抱怨道。

旁白 neutral

My mom walked into my room

妈妈走进了我的房间。

旁白 neutral

" Iggy, please clean your stuff out of Tate's closet today after school," she said

“伊吉,今天放学后请把你放在泰特衣柜里的东西清理干净,”她说。

旁白 neutral

Suddenly she looked around my room

突然,她环视了我的房间。

旁白 neutral

Then she got upset

然后她生气了。

旁白 neutral

" And clean your own room, Iggy!" she added

“还有,伊吉,把你自己的房间也打扫干净!” 她补充道。

旁白 neutral

" It's a mess!"

“简直一团糟!”

旁白 neutral

Of course my room is a mess

我的房间当然乱了。

旁白 neutral

It's the room of a brilliant inventor — me, Iggy!

这可是一个天才发明家的房间——我,伊吉!

旁白 neutral

Brilliant people always have messy rooms

聪明人的房间总是乱糟糟的。

旁白 neutral

I bet Thomas Edison, who invented the light bulb, had a super messy room

我敢打赌发明了电灯泡的托马斯·爱迪生,房间肯定超级乱。

旁白 neutral

And I bet his mom didn't tell him to clean it up!

而且我敢打赌,他妈妈肯定没叫他打扫!

旁白 neutral

She probably knew that he was busy thinking up clever new inventions, just like me

她大概知道他正忙着构思聪明的新发明,就像我一样。

旁白 neutral

That morning I walked to school with my friends Molly, Josh, and Jenny

那天早上,我和朋友莫莉、乔什、珍妮一起走路上学。

旁白 neutral

And Molly was upset too

莫莉也很不高兴。

旁白 neutral

She told us why as we walked along

她边走边告诉了我们原因。

旁白 neutral

" My mom hired a babysitter for Caswell and me," she said

“我妈妈为我和卡斯韦尔请了个保姆,”她说。

旁白 neutral

" Mom wanted some time to meet a friend or go shopping."

“妈妈想有点时间去见朋友或买买东西。”

旁白 neutral

" That's great," I said

“那很好啊,”我说。

旁白 neutral

" Meeting a friend always puts my mom in a good mood."

“见朋友总能让我妈妈心情变好。”

旁白 neutral

" But you don't understand," said Molly

“可你不明白,”莫莉说。

旁白 neutral

" I don't like Lucy, our new babysitter."

“我不喜欢我们的新保姆露西。”

旁白 neutral

" Is she mean, like a wicked stepmother?" asked Jenny

“她很刻薄,像邪恶的继母那样吗?”珍妮问。

旁白 neutral

Jenny's class was reading fairy tales

珍妮的班级正在读童话故事。

旁白 neutral

Fairy tales have lots of wicked stepmothers in them

童话故事里有很多恶毒的继母。

旁白 neutral

" No, Lucy is not mean," said Molly

“不,露西不刻薄,”莫莉说。

旁白 neutral

" Why don't you like her then?" asked Josh

“那你为什么不喜欢她呢?”乔希问道。

旁白 neutral

" Well," said Molly," she talks on her cell phone a lot

“嗯,”莫莉说,“她经常打电话。

旁白 neutral

And she and Caswell watch the TV show Monster Madness every day."

而且她和卡斯威尔每天都看电视节目《怪兽疯狂秀》。”

旁白 neutral

" That sounds like fun," I said

“听起来很有趣,”我说。

旁白 neutral

" My mom won't let Tate and me watch any TV after school."

“我妈妈不让泰特和我放学后看电视。”

旁白 neutral

" Monster Madness is a pretty scary show," said Molly

“《怪兽疯狂秀》是个相当吓人的节目,”莫莉说。

旁白 neutral

" Even when I'm in my room, I can still hear the monsters roaring

“即使我在自己的房间里,仍然能听到怪兽的咆哮声。

旁白 neutral

Now I can't sleep at night!"

现在我晚上都睡不着觉了!"

旁白 neutral

" Why don't you just ask Lucy if you can watch something else?" I said

"你为什么不直接问露西能不能看别的节目呢?"我说。

旁白 neutral

" No way!" Molly replied

"才不要!"莫莉回答。

旁白 neutral

" Lucy and Caswell would think I'm a big baby

"露西和卡斯威尔会觉得我是个胆小鬼。

旁白 neutral

Caswell is much younger than I am, and he's not scared at all!"

卡斯威尔比我小多了,他却一点都不害怕!"

旁白 neutral

That morning Molly yawned at least ten times during social studies

那天早上社会课上,莫莉至少打了十次哈欠。

旁白 neutral

" Molly," said our teacher, Mrs. Romano

"莫莉,"我们的老师罗马诺夫人说。

旁白 neutral

" What did Egyptian children do in their spare time?"

"古埃及的孩子在空闲时间做什么?"

旁白 neutral

" Sleep?" said Molly, yawning again

"睡觉?"莫莉说着,又打了个哈欠。

旁白 neutral

Everyone laughed, except for Mrs. Romano and me

大家都笑了,除了罗马诺夫人和我。

旁白 neutral

Mrs. Romano seemed annoyed that Molly wasn't paying attention

罗马诺夫人似乎对莫莉没有认真听讲感到生气。

旁白 neutral

And I was a little worried about our language arts project

而我则有点担心我们的语文课项目。

旁白 neutral

Soon we were going to start writing books

很快我们就要开始写书了。

旁白 neutral

Molly and I were partners, so I needed her to be alert and wide-awake

莫莉和我是搭档,所以我需要她保持精神饱满。

旁白 neutral

On the way home after school we passed Bubbles Bath Shop

放学回家的路上,我们路过了泡泡浴商店。

旁白 neutral

Josh and Jenny's dad had recently gotten a job there

乔什和珍妮的爸爸最近在那里找到了工作。

旁白 neutral

We stopped and looked in the window

我们停下来,往橱窗里看了看。

旁白 neutral

A sign read " Bathe Your Worries Away In A Relaxing Bubble Bath!"

招牌上写着:"来个放松的泡泡浴,洗去所有烦恼吧!"

旁白 neutral

" Bubbles Bath Shop sells lots of different kinds of bubble bath soap," said Jenny

"泡泡浴商店卖好多不同种类的泡泡浴皂,"珍妮说。

旁白 neutral

" Chocolate, strawberry, and even bubble gum," added Josh

"有巧克力味、草莓味,甚至还有泡泡糖味的,"乔什补充道。

旁白 neutral

Suddenly I got an idea for a new invention

突然,我想到了一个新发明的主意。

旁白 neutral

It was an invention that would help Molly relax

这个发明可以帮助莫莉放松。

旁白 neutral

It might also keep my mom and Tate from getting upset with me

它或许还能让妈妈和泰特不再生我的气。

旁白 neutral

Now that would really be a great invention!

那可就真是个了不起的发明了!