Level 5 · 了不起的小发明家
🎬

E10 · Episodes

010 我真正伟大的发明

我真正伟大的发明

Little Fox Level 5 · Iggy the Incredible Inventor · Episode 10 — 我真正伟大的发明.

73 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

I sat frozen on the couch, waiting to hear what Mom had to say

我僵坐在沙发上,等着听妈妈要说什么。

旁白 neutral

" I remember saying that I would have to rob a bank," she began

“我记得我说过我得去抢银行,”她开口说道。

旁白 neutral

" I was talking to Mrs. Hill, the real estate agent."

“我当时在和房产中介希尔夫人说话。”

旁白 neutral

" What's a real estate agent?" I asked

“什么是房产中介?”我问。

旁白 neutral

" Someone who sells apartments," Mom explained

“就是卖公寓的人,”妈妈解释道。

旁白 neutral

" She told me about an apartment that costs a million dollars

“她告诉我有一套公寓要一百万美元。

旁白 neutral

I told her I'd have to rob a bank to get that much money

我告诉她我得去抢银行才能有那么多钱。”

旁白 neutral

But I was only joking!"

“但我只是在开玩笑!”

旁白 neutral

" See?" Tate said." You made it all up, Iggy."

“瞧,”泰特说,“都是你瞎编的,伊吉。”

旁白 neutral

" To tell you the truth," said Mom

“说实话,”妈妈说。

旁白 neutral

" I have been looking for a new apartment."

"我一直在找新公寓。"

旁白 neutral

" Why?" I asked." I like it here!"

"为什么?"我问。"我喜欢这儿!"

旁白 neutral

" Me too," said Tate. Then he glanced at me

"我也是。"泰特说,然后瞥了我一眼。

旁白 neutral

" Except that I have to share a room with him."

"除了我得跟他合住一个房间。"

旁白 neutral

" You'll just have to keep sharing," Mom said

"你们只能继续合住。"妈妈说。

旁白 neutral

" I don't have enough money to buy a bigger apartment."

"我没有足够的钱买更大的公寓。"

旁白 neutral

I felt a lot better now

我现在感觉好多了。

旁白 neutral

I had never really believed that Mom would rob a bank

我从未真正相信妈妈会抢银行。

旁白 neutral

But it was nice to know for sure

但确认一下还是让人很安心。

旁白 neutral

" Let's celebrate Jenny's prize and order pizza for everyone," Mom said

"我们庆祝珍妮获奖,给大家订披萨吧。"妈妈说。

旁白 neutral

Josh, Jenny, and Molly came over

乔希、珍妮和莫莉过来了。

旁白 neutral

We were finishing our pizza when Molly's mom rushed into our apartment

我们正要吃完披萨时,莫莉的妈妈冲进了我们的公寓。

旁白 neutral

" Caswell is missing again!" she cried

“卡斯韦尔又不见了!”她喊道。

旁白 neutral

" The bell," I thought. If only I hadn't lost it!

“那个铃铛,”我想。要是我没弄丢它就好了!

旁白 neutral

We all started looking for Caswell

我们都开始寻找卡斯韦尔。

旁白 neutral

" Caswell!"

“卡斯韦尔!”

旁白 neutral

" Where are you?"

“你在哪儿?”

旁白 neutral

We looked all around the building and in the backyard

我们找遍了整栋楼和后院。

旁白 neutral

A few of us walked around the block, looking for him too

我们中有几个人绕着街区走了走,也在找他。

旁白 neutral

Soon it was dark out, and Mrs. O'Donnell was very worried

很快外面天黑了,奥唐纳太太非常担心。

旁白 neutral

" Maybe I should call the police," she said

“也许我该报警,”她说。

旁白 neutral

We headed back upstairs

我们回到了楼上。

旁白 neutral

That was when I heard the sound

就在那时,我听到了那个声音。

旁白 neutral

In the hallway outside my apartment, a bell tinkled

在我公寓外的走廊里,有个铃铛在丁零响。

旁白 neutral

" My bell!" I cried." The one I got for Caswell!"

“我的铃铛!”我叫道,“就是给卡斯韦尔买的那个!”

旁白 neutral

We went inside and followed the sound to our kitchen

我们走进屋里,顺着声音找到了厨房。

旁白 neutral

" I hear the bell," Molly said

“我听到铃铛声了,”莫莉说。

旁白 neutral

" But where's Caswell?"

“可卡斯韦尔在哪儿呢?”

旁白 neutral

I went over to the wall behind the table

我走到桌子后面的墙边。

旁白 neutral

" The sound is coming from here!"

“声音是从这里传来的!”

旁白 neutral

" Caswell, is that you?" yelled Molly

“卡斯韦尔,是你吗?”莫莉喊道。

旁白 neutral

" Yes!" Caswell called back

“是我!”卡斯韦尔回应道。

旁白 neutral

" And I found a really cool place!"

“我还发现了一个超酷的地方!”

旁白 neutral

" How did he get in the wall?" asked Josh

“他是怎么钻到墙里去的?”乔希问。

旁白 neutral

" Look!" said Jenny." There's a little door in the wall!"

“看!”珍妮说,“墙上有一扇小门!”

旁白 neutral

Jenny was right

珍妮说得对。

旁白 neutral

There was a door

那里确实有一扇门。

旁白 neutral

I had never noticed it before

我以前从没注意到过。

旁白 neutral

Tate helped us move the table

泰特帮我们把桌子挪开了。

旁白 neutral

Then Mr. Calabria came upstairs and pried open the door

然后卡拉布里亚先生上楼来,把门撬开了。

旁白 neutral

There was Caswell, inside a tiny room

卡斯韦尔就在那儿,在一个小房间里。

旁白 neutral

And he was wearing my bell!

而且它还戴着我的铃铛!

旁白 neutral

" Caswell! I'm so happy to see you!" cried his mom

“卡斯韦尔!见到你太高兴了!”他妈妈喊了起来。

旁白 neutral

" How did you get that bell?" I asked

“你是怎么拿到那个铃铛的?”我问。

旁白 neutral

" I found it on the stairs," said Caswell." It's treasure!"

“我在楼梯上找到的,”卡斯韦尔说,“这是个宝贝!”

旁白 neutral

" It helped us find you!" I said

“它帮我们找到你了!”我说。

旁白 neutral

" Iggy, that bell is an amazing invention!" said Mom, hugging me

“伊吉,那个铃铛真是个了不起的发明!”妈妈抱着我说。

旁白 neutral

" It's the best invention in the world!" cried Josh

“这是世界上最棒的发明!”乔希喊道。

旁白 neutral

" It certainly is!" said Molly's mom

“当然啦!”莫莉的妈妈说。

旁白 neutral

My mom was looking around inside the little room

我妈妈正在这个小房间里四处查看。

旁白 neutral

It had two doors

这房间有两扇门。

旁白 neutral

One opened up to our kitchen

一扇门通向我们的厨房。

旁白 neutral

The other door opened to the hallway

另一扇门通向走廊。

旁白 neutral

That's how Caswell had gotten inside

卡斯韦尔就是这么进去的。

旁白 neutral

Mom looked thoughtful

妈妈若有所思。

旁白 neutral

" I wonder if we could turn this space into a little bedroom for Iggy," she said

“不知道我们能不能把这个地方改造成伊吉的一间小卧室。”她说。

旁白 neutral

Mr. Calabria nodded, still looking around

卡拉布里亚先生点点头,还在继续查看。

旁白 neutral

" I think we could turn this into a bedroom."

“我觉得可以把它改成一间卧室。”

旁白 neutral

" That would be great!" exclaimed Tate

“那太棒了!”泰特欢呼道。

旁白 neutral

" I could have a room of my own!"

“我可以有一间自己的房间了!”

旁白 neutral

" Me too!" I was grinning from ear to ear

“我也是!”我咧着嘴笑开了花。

旁白 neutral

No one needed a magic thinking box to know what I was thinking

不用什么神奇的思维盒子,大家也都知道我在想什么。

旁白 neutral

I was thinking about all the incredible things I could invent in my new room!

我在想,在我的新房间里,我能发明出多少不可思议的东西!