Level 5 · 了不起的小发明家
🎬

E06 · Episodes

006 陈先生的魔镜

陈先生的魔镜

Little Fox Level 5 · Iggy the Incredible Inventor · Episode 6 — 陈先生的魔镜.

66 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

I rushed downstairs and knocked on the door to Josh's apartment

我冲下楼,敲响了乔希家的门。

旁白 neutral

" Hi," I blurted out when Josh came to the door

"嗨,"乔希一开门,我就脱口而出。

旁白 neutral

" Can I see your dad's one-way mirror?"

"我能看看你爸爸的单向镜吗?"

旁白 neutral

Mr. Chen appeared behind Josh with a smile

陈先生微笑地出现在乔希身后。

旁白 neutral

" Follow me," he said

"跟我来,"他说。

旁白 neutral

Josh, Jenny, and I followed Mr. Chen into a small room off the hall

乔希、珍妮和我跟着陈先生进了客厅旁的一个小房间。

旁白 neutral

It was the first time I had ever been inside Mr. Chen's magic room

这是我第一次进陈先生的魔术室。

旁白 neutral

It was amazing!

真是太神奇了!

旁白 neutral

The room was filled with all sorts of magic props and supplies

房间里摆满了各种魔术道具和材料。

旁白 neutral

There were top hats, colored boxes, packs of cards, and gold coins

有高顶礼帽、彩色盒子、扑克牌和金币。

旁白 neutral

There were balls of different sizes, colorful feathers, even a large saw

有大小不一的球,五颜六色的羽毛,甚至还有一把大锯。

旁白 neutral

Mr. Chen led me over to something that looked like a small window

陈先生把我领到一个看起来像小窗户的东西前。

旁白 neutral

Josh had told me what a one-way mirror was, but I still had questions

乔希告诉过我什么是单面透视镜,但我还是有疑问。

旁白 neutral

" I don't understand exactly how it works," I told Mr. Chen

“我不太明白它是怎么工作的,”我对陈先生说。

旁白 neutral

" Well," he replied," imagine one person in a bright room and another person in a dark room

“嗯,”他回答,“想象一个人在明亮的房间里,另一个人在黑暗的房间里。

旁白 neutral

The mirror is between them."

镜子在他们中间。”

旁白 neutral

" Okay," I said, picturing that in my mind." Now what?"

“好的,”我说,在脑海里想象着那个场景。“然后呢?”

旁白 neutral

" When the person in the bright room looks at the mirror, all he sees is himself," Mr. Chen went on

“当亮房间里的人看镜子时,他看到的只有自己,”陈先生继续说道。

旁白 neutral

" Got it," I said

“明白了,”我说。

旁白 neutral

Mr. Chen grinned

陈先生咧嘴笑了。

旁白 neutral

" But when the person in the dark room looks at the mirror, he sees something different

“但当暗室里的人看向镜子时,他看到的是不一样的景象。

旁白 neutral

He sees the other person through the glass!"

他透过玻璃看到了另一个人!”

旁白 neutral

" Wow," I said. By now I was thinking hard

“哇,”我说。此时我正努力思考。

旁白 neutral

I was thinking so hard, my brain hurt

我想得太用力,脑子都疼了。

旁白 neutral

" I think I know how to make a magic thinking box," I said finally

“我想我知道怎么做魔术思考盒了,”我终于说道。

旁白 neutral

" How?" asked Jenny

“怎么做?”珍妮问。

旁白 neutral

" Can I borrow your one-way mirror, Mr. Chen?" I asked

“陈先生,我能借用您的单向镜吗?”我问道。

旁白 neutral

" Sure," said Mr. Chen." I actually have an extra one."

“当然,”陈先生说,“其实我还有一个备用的。”

旁白 neutral

He picked up a smaller one-way mirror and handed it to me

他拿起一面更小的单向镜递给我。

旁白 neutral

" Now I just need scissors, a flashlight, and a cardboard box," I said

“现在我只需要剪刀、一个手电筒和一个纸板箱,”我说。

旁白 neutral

I ran upstairs and got some scissors

我跑上楼拿了剪刀。

旁白 neutral

I also got Molly so she could join in the fun

我还把莫莉也叫来,好让她一起玩。

旁白 neutral

Jenny found a flashlight, and Josh got an old box from the Green Apple Supermarket

珍妮找到了手电筒,乔希从青苹果超市拿来了一个旧箱子。

旁白 neutral

First I cut a hole out of the cardboard box with the scissors

我首先用剪刀在纸板箱上剪了一个洞。

旁白 neutral

It was just a tiny bit smaller than the one-way mirror

这个洞比单向镜只小一点点。

旁白 neutral

Next I fitted the mirror into the hole

接着我把镜子卡进洞里。

旁白 neutral

" Now," I said," who wants to try the magic thinking box first?"

“现在,”我说,“谁想第一个试试魔术思考盒?”

旁白 neutral

" Me!" cried Molly." Let me try it!"

“我!”莫莉喊道,“让我试试!”

旁白 neutral

" Okay," I said." Put the box over your head."

“好的,”我说,“把盒子套在头上。”

旁白 neutral

Molly put the box over her head

莫莉把盒子套在了头上。

旁白 neutral

" It's dark in here," she said in a muffled voice

“这里头好黑,”她用闷闷的声音说。

旁白 neutral

" I can't see anything at all."

“我什么都看不见。”

旁白 neutral

" Just a minute!"

“等一下!”

旁白 neutral

I handed her the flashlight

我把手电筒递给了她。

旁白 neutral

" Now turn this on and shine it into the box," I told her

“现在把这个打开,照进盒子里。”我对她说。

旁白 neutral

Molly turned on the flashlight inside the box

莫莉打开了盒子里的手电筒。

旁白 neutral

Then I turned off the light in the room

然后我关掉了房间里的灯。

旁白 neutral

" Can you see us?" I asked Molly

“你能看到我们吗?”我问莫莉。

旁白 neutral

" No," said Molly

“不能。”莫莉说。

旁白 neutral

" All I can see is myself in the mirror."

“我只能看到镜子里的自己。”

旁白 neutral

" We can see you though!" cried Josh

“但我们能看到你!”乔什喊道。

旁白 neutral

" It works!" I shouted

“成功了!”我喊道。

旁白 neutral

" No, it doesn't," said Molly

“不,没成功。”莫莉说。

旁白 neutral

" You can see me, but you can't tell what I'm thinking!"

“你们能看到我,但看不出我在想什么!”

旁白 neutral

I looked at her face through the glass

我透过玻璃看着她的脸。

旁白 neutral

Her eyes were bright, and she was grinning

她的眼睛亮亮的,咧着嘴笑。

旁白 neutral

" She looks excited," I thought

“她看起来很兴奋。”我想。

旁白 neutral

But she also looked a little suspicious of my box

但她看起来也对我的盒子有点怀疑。

旁白 neutral

" You're thinking that you want me to put on the box," I said

“你在想,你想让我戴上盒子。”我说。

旁白 neutral

" So that you can tell what I'm thinking."

“这样你就能看出我在想什么。”

旁白 neutral

Molly gasped." That's right, Iggy!"

莫莉倒抽一口气。“没错,伊奇!”

旁白 neutral

She yanked the box off her head and looked at me

她把盒子从头上扯下来,看着我。

旁白 neutral

" Iggy," she said." You did it!

“伊奇,”她说,“你做到了!

旁白 neutral

You invented a magic thinking box!"

你发明了一个魔法思考盒!”

旁白 neutral

" Way to go!" said Josh, giving me a high five

“太棒了!”乔什说,跟我击了个掌。

旁白 neutral

I grinned. My magic thinking box actually worked!

我咧嘴笑了。我的魔法思考盒真的成功了!