Level 5 · 了不起的小发明家
🎬

E07 · Episodes

007 魔法思维盒

魔法思维盒

Little Fox Level 5 · Iggy the Incredible Inventor · Episode 7 — 魔法思维盒.

71 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

Mr. Chen said I could use his mirror for a while longer

陈先生说我还可以再用一会儿他的镜子。

旁白 neutral

So I carried the magic box upstairs to my apartment

于是我把魔法盒子搬到了楼上的公寓里。

旁白 neutral

Molly came with me

莫莉跟我一起上去了。

旁白 neutral

I knew what I wanted to do next with it

我知道接下来我想用它做什么。

旁白 neutral

I wanted to try to read my mother's thoughts

我想试着读一读妈妈的心思。

旁白 neutral

All I had to do was persuade Mom to put her head inside the box

我只需要说服妈妈把头伸进盒子里。

旁白 neutral

Tate was in the living room

泰特在客厅里。

旁白 neutral

" What's that?" he asked, looking at my box

“那是什么?”他望着我的盒子问。

旁白 neutral

" A magic thinking box," I said

“一个魔法思考盒,”我说。

旁白 neutral

" I'm bringing it to the Invention Convention."

“我要把它带到发明大会上去。”

旁白 neutral

" It looks weird," said Tate

“看上去怪怪的,”泰特说。

旁白 neutral

" What's it supposed to do?"

“它是用来做什么的?”

旁白 neutral

" When you put it over your head, Iggy can tell what you're thinking!" said Molly

“把它戴在头上,伊吉就能知道你在想什么!”莫莉说。

旁白 neutral

" Want to try it?" I asked

“想试试吗?”我问。

旁白 neutral

" Okay," said Tate

“好的,”泰特说。

旁白 neutral

" But you'll never be able to tell what I'm thinking."

“但你绝对猜不到我在想什么。”

旁白 neutral

Tate put the box over his head, and I gave him the flashlight

泰特把盒子戴在头上,我把手电筒递给他。

旁白 neutral

" Now turn on the flashlight," I said

“现在打开手电筒,”我说。

旁白 neutral

Tate turned the flashlight on inside the magic thinking box

泰特在魔法思维盒里打开了手电筒。

旁白 neutral

I turned off the light in the room

我关掉了房间里的灯。

旁白 neutral

" I can see you," I said

“我能看见你,”我说。

旁白 neutral

" But you can't see me."

“但你看不见我。”

旁白 neutral

" Big deal," said Tate

“有什么了不起的,”泰特说。

旁白 neutral

" You still can't tell what I'm thinking."

“你还是不知道我在想什么。”

旁白 neutral

" Yes, I can," I said

“不,我知道,”我说。

旁白 neutral

" You're thinking this is a dumb invention."

“你在想,这是个愚蠢的发明。”

旁白 neutral

Tate took the box off his head with a big grin

泰特笑呵呵地把盒子从头上拿了下来。

旁白 neutral

" Well, you got that right!" he said

“嗯,你猜对了!”他说。

旁白 neutral

" See, Iggy's invention works!" said Molly

“瞧,伊吉的发明管用!”莫莉说。

旁白 neutral

" Let's try it on my mom now," I whispered to Molly

“我们现在去对我妈妈试试吧,”我对莫莉低声说道。

旁白 neutral

Molly and I went into the kitchen

莫莉和我走进了厨房。

旁白 neutral

For once Mom wasn't on the phone

难得妈妈这次没在打电话。

旁白 neutral

She was baking cookies, just like a normal mother

她正在烤饼干,就像一位普通的妈妈一样。

旁白 neutral

" Will you try my new invention, Mom?" I asked

“妈妈,你愿意试试我的新发明吗?”我问。

旁白 neutral

I showed her the box

我把盒子给她看。

旁白 neutral

" It really works, Mrs. Erickson!" added Molly

“它真的管用,埃里克森太太!”莫莉补充道。

旁白 neutral

My mom slid a tray of cookies into the oven and then looked at me

我妈妈把一盘饼干滑进烤箱,然后看着我。

旁白 neutral

" What do I have to do?"

“我需要做什么?”

旁白 neutral

" Just put the box over your head," I said

“只要把盒子戴在头上就行,”我说。

旁白 neutral

" You want me to put my head in that box?" said Mom

“你想让我把头放进那个盒子里?”妈妈说。

旁白 neutral

" Just for a minute, Mom," I said." Please?"

“就一分钟,妈妈,”我说,“求你了?”

旁白 neutral

" Well, okay." Mom sat down, and I put the box over her head

“嗯,好吧。”妈妈坐了下来,我把盒子戴到她头上。

旁白 neutral

Molly laughed." You look funny, Mrs. Erickson!"

莫莉笑了起来。“你看起来好滑稽呀,埃里克森太太!”

旁白 neutral

" I feel funny," said Mom

“我感觉怪怪的,”妈妈说。

旁白 neutral

" It's very dark in here."

“这里面好黑呀。”

旁白 neutral

" Here's the flashlight," I said

“手电筒给你,”我说。

旁白 neutral

" Molly, can you please turn off the kitchen light?"

“莫莉,你能把厨房的灯关一下吗?”

旁白 neutral

Pretty soon Molly and I were looking through the one-way mirror

很快,莫莉和我透过单向镜往里看。

旁白 neutral

" All I can see is myself," said Mom

“我只能看到我自己,”妈妈说。

旁白 neutral

" We can see you," I told her

“我们能看见你,”我告诉她。

旁白 neutral

I stared at Mom's face

我盯着妈妈的脸看。

旁白 neutral

She was frowning as she stared at herself in the glass

她皱着眉头,盯着玻璃里的自己看。

旁白 neutral

" And I can tell what you're thinking!"

“我还能看出你在想什么!”

旁白 neutral

" Really?" said Mom." What?"

“真的吗?”妈妈说,“我在想什么?”

旁白 neutral

" You're thinking about money!" I said

“你在想钱!”我说。

旁白 neutral

" About how you're going to get some!"

“想怎么弄到钱!”

旁白 neutral

Mom took off the box

妈妈把盒子摘了下来。

旁白 neutral

" Your invention works, Iggy

“你的发明真的有用,伊吉。

旁白 neutral

I was thinking about money — about how I need a whole bank!"

我是在想钱——在想我需要整整一家银行!”

旁白 neutral

Molly and I looked at each other

莫莉和我互相看了一眼。

旁白 neutral

I didn't need a magic box to read her mind this time

这次不用魔法盒子,我也能读出她的心思。

旁白 neutral

I already knew what Molly was thinking because it was exactly what I was thinking

我已经知道莫莉在想什么了,因为那正是我在想的。

旁白 neutral

What if I hadn't invented the story about Mom planning to rob a bank?

万一妈妈打算抢银行的故事不是我编造的呢?

旁白 neutral

What if it was true?

万一是真的呢?

旁白 neutral

Soon the cookies were done, and the kitchen was full of delicious smells

很快饼干烤好了,厨房里满是香喷喷的味道。

旁白 neutral

Josh and Jenny came up to my apartment, and we all ate the chewy chocolate cookies

乔希和珍妮来到我家,我们一起吃起了有嚼劲的巧克力饼干。

旁白 neutral

I decided to enjoy the cookies and stop worrying about Mom for a little while

我决定好好享用饼干,暂时先不担心妈妈的事了。

旁白 neutral

" Robbing a bank takes lots of planning," I told myself

“抢银行需要很多计划,”我对自己说。

旁白 neutral

If Mom was going to rob her bank, she couldn't do it right away

如果妈妈要抢她的银行,也不可能马上就动手。

旁白 neutral

Plus, I needed my brain for something else besides worrying:

再说,除了担心,我还需要用脑子想别的事情:

旁白 neutral

getting ready for the Invention Convention

为发明大会做准备。