Level 5 · 了不起的小发明家
🎬

E05 · Episodes

005 罗马诺太太的惊喜

罗马诺太太的惊喜

Little Fox Level 5 · Iggy the Incredible Inventor · Episode 5 — 罗马诺太太的惊喜.

69 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

At school I opened my backpack to show Molly the bell for Caswell

在学校,我打开背包,想给莫莉看给卡斯韦尔的铃铛。

旁白 neutral

But the bell was gone!

但铃铛不见了!

旁白 neutral

Before I could tell Molly about it, Mrs. Romano made a surprise announcement

我还没来得及告诉莫莉,罗马诺夫人就宣布了一个惊喜。

旁白 neutral

" Class, I have something exciting to share!"

“同学们,我有一件令人兴奋的事要分享!”

旁白 neutral

" Are we going to have an ice cream party?" asked Colby

“我们要举办冰淇淋派对吗?”科尔比问。

旁白 neutral

" Or take a trip to the zoo?" said Ruby

“或者去动物园?”鲁比说。

旁白 neutral

" Maybe we're getting a class pet

“也许我们要养班级宠物了。

旁白 neutral

I'd like a monkey!" said Kristin

我想要只猴子!”克里斯汀说。

旁白 neutral

Mrs. Romano smiled

罗马诺夫人笑了笑。

旁白 neutral

" No, we're not getting a monkey

“不,我们不会养猴子。

旁白 neutral

There's going to be an Invention Convention in our own city!" she said

我们自己的城市里要举办发明大会了!她说。

旁白 neutral

I sat up straighter in my chair

我在椅子上坐得更直了。

旁白 neutral

" An Invention Convention will be held one week from today," Mrs. Romano said

发明大会将在一周后的今天举行,罗马诺夫人说。

旁白 neutral

" Students can exhibit their inventions, and there will be prizes for the best ones."

学生们可以展示他们的发明,最好的作品将有奖品。

旁白 neutral

" An Invention Convention?"

发明大会?

旁白 neutral

I thought, forgetting about my bell problem." Wow!"

我心里想着,把铃铛的问题忘到了脑后。哇!

旁白 neutral

Molly raised her hand

茉莉举起了手。

旁白 neutral

" What do you get for first prize, Mrs. Romano?"

一等奖是什么,罗马诺夫人?

旁白 neutral

" First prize is a blue ribbon and one hundred dollars!" our teacher told us

一等奖是一条蓝绶带和一百美元!我们的老师告诉我们。

旁白 neutral

I let out a low whistle

我轻轻地吹了声口哨。

旁白 neutral

One hundred dollars!

一百美元!

旁白 neutral

I wondered if that was enough to help my mom

我在想那是否足够帮我妈妈。

旁白 neutral

Then I started thinking about the magic thinking box again

接着我又开始想那个神奇的思考盒子。

旁白 neutral

That was an even better invention than Caswell's bell

那可比卡斯韦尔的铃铛还要棒的发明。

旁白 neutral

If I could make a box that worked, I might win a prize

如果我能做出一个真的能用的盒子,说不定就能得奖。

旁白 neutral

And then I could figure out what my mom was so worried about!

然后我就能弄清楚妈妈到底在担心什么了!

旁白 neutral

That afternoon Josh, Jenny, Molly, and I walked home from school together

那天下午,乔什、珍妮、茉莉和我一起从学校走回家。

旁白 neutral

" Did your teacher tell you about the Invention Convention?" I asked Josh

“你们老师告诉你们发明大会的事了吗?”我问乔什。

旁白 neutral

" Yes," said Josh

“说了,”乔什说。

旁白 neutral

" I'd like to invent an automatic homework machine."

“我想发明一个自动写作业机。”

旁白 neutral

" We'd never have to do homework again!" said Jenny

“我们就再也不用做作业了!”珍妮说。

旁白 neutral

Molly was chewing bubble gum

茉莉在嚼泡泡糖。

旁白 neutral

" I'd like to invent gum that doesn't lose its flavor,"

“我想发明一种永远不会没味道的口香糖,”

旁白 neutral

she said, popping a big bubble

她说着,吹破了一个大泡泡。

旁白 neutral

" Iggy, you could build your magic thinking box for the convention!" said Josh

“伊吉,你可以为大会造你的神奇思考盒啊!”乔什说。

旁白 neutral

" You just read my mind!" I told him

“你刚好说出了我的想法!”我对他说。

旁白 neutral

" What's a magic thinking box?" asked Molly

“什么是神奇思考盒?”茉莉问。

旁白 neutral

" It's a special box," I explained

“是一个特别的盒子,”我解释说。

旁白 neutral

" You put it on your head, and then I can tell what you're thinking."

“把它戴在头上,我就能知道你在想什么了。”

旁白 neutral

Molly looked puzzled

茉莉一脸困惑。

旁白 neutral

" But how does it work?" she wanted to know

“可它是怎么运作的?”她想弄明白。

旁白 neutral

I was glad we had reached our apartment building by then

我很庆幸那时我们已经走到公寓楼了。

旁白 neutral

Because I didn't have an answer for Molly's question

因为我根本回答不了茉莉的问题。

旁白 neutral

The truth is, I had no idea how my magic thinking box would work

说实话,我完全不知道我的神奇思考盒要怎么运作。

旁白 neutral

I just hoped it would work

我只希望它能管用。

旁白 neutral

Upstairs, my mom was on the phone again

上楼后,我妈妈又在打电话了。

旁白 neutral

" Well, I just don't have enough money," she said

“唉,我就是钱不够。”她说道。

旁白 neutral

I couldn't believe it

真不敢相信。

旁白 neutral

She was talking about money again too!

她居然又是在说钱的事!

旁白 neutral

I went into my room and threw my backpack on the floor

我走进房间,把背包往地上一扔。

旁白 neutral

Tate was doing his homework

泰特正在做作业。

旁白 neutral

" Move that backpack!" he yelled

“把那个背包拿开!”他大叫道。

旁白 neutral

" It's on my side of the room again!"

“它又跑到我这边来了!”

旁白 neutral

" Just barely!" I argued back

“才过去一点点!”我顶嘴道。

旁白 neutral

" Boys, please!" my mother called

“孩子们,拜托了!”我妈妈喊道。

旁白 neutral

" I'm on the telephone."

“我在打电话呢。”

旁白 neutral

I kicked my backpack under my bed

我把背包踢到床底下。

旁白 neutral

At least Tate couldn't say that was on his side of the room

至少泰特不能说那是他那边了。

旁白 neutral

Then I flopped onto my bed

然后我一头倒在了床上。

旁白 neutral

I needed to think about my magic thinking box

我得好好想想我的神奇思考盒。

旁白 neutral

How would it work, anyway?

话说回来,它到底要怎么工作呢?

旁白 neutral

I wanted to win a prize at the Invention Convention more than anything

我比什么都想在发明大会上获奖。

旁白 neutral

I also wanted to find out what was bothering my mom

我也想知道到底是什么在困扰着我妈妈。

旁白 neutral

But how was I going to make a magic thinking box?

但我到底要怎么做出一个神奇思考盒呢?

旁白 neutral

I'd need real magic for that

那非得有真正的魔法才行。

旁白 neutral

I remembered Mr. Chen's one-way mirror

我想起了陈先生的单向镜。

旁白 neutral

You could see through it on one side, Josh had said

乔什说过,从一面可以看透过去。

旁白 neutral

But on the other side, it was just like a regular mirror

但从另一面看,它就跟普通镜子一样。

旁白 neutral

Maybe a one-way mirror was exactly what I needed for my new invention!

也许单向镜正是我新发明需要的东西!