Level 5 · 了不起的小发明家
🎬

E04 · Episodes

004 最伟大的想法

最伟大的想法

Little Fox Level 5 · Iggy the Incredible Inventor · Episode 4 — 最伟大的想法.

71 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

" Maybe Molly was right," I thought when I got home

"也许莫莉是对的,"我回到家时心想。

旁白 neutral

Maybe I was inventing stories

也许是我在编故事。

旁白 neutral

Still I knew what I had heard

但我清楚自己听到了什么。

旁白 neutral

My mom had clearly said," I'll have to rob a bank."

妈妈清清楚楚地说过:"我只好去抢银行了。"

旁白 neutral

I didn't invent that

这话不是我编的。

旁白 neutral

I'd heard her say those words with my very own ears!

我是亲耳听到她说那些话的!

旁白 neutral

Mom finally did serve dinner that night, but it was just cold sandwiches

那天晚上,妈妈最终端上了晚餐,但只是冷三明治。

旁白 neutral

And she definitely seemed worried about something

而且她明显在为什么事忧心忡忡。

旁白 neutral

As we sat at the table eating, she stared off into space

我们坐在桌边吃饭时,她一直望着远处出神。

旁白 neutral

" Mom, what are you thinking about?" I asked suddenly

"妈妈,你在想什么?"我突然问道。

旁白 neutral

" What?" she said, startled

"什么?" 她吓了一跳,说道。

旁白 neutral

I repeated my question

我重复了一遍问题。

旁白 neutral

" What are you thinking about?"

"你在想什么呢?"

旁白 neutral

" I was just thinking about all the bills I have to pay," said Mom

"我刚才在想那些得付的账单," 妈妈说。

旁白 neutral

My stomach did a little flip

我心里咯噔了一下。

旁白 neutral

" So you're really worried about money?"

"所以你真的很担心钱的问题?"

旁白 neutral

" Iggy, stop being weird," said Tate

"伊吉,别这么奇怪," 泰特说。

旁白 neutral

My mother patted my hand

妈妈拍了拍我的手。

旁白 neutral

" You should be thinking about homework, Iggy, not bills," she said

"你应该想想作业,伊吉,而不是账单," 她说。

旁白 neutral

Then she quickly started talking about something else

然后她很快开始说起别的事情。

旁白 neutral

I got up early the next day to walk to school with Josh

第二天我起了个大早,好和乔什一起走路上学。

旁白 neutral

He likes to get there early, and this morning I needed to talk to him

他喜欢早早到校,而今天早上我正好有事想跟他聊。

旁白 neutral

I got downstairs just as Josh was headed out the door

我下楼的时候,乔什正好要出门。

旁白 neutral

" Can I walk to school with you?" I asked

“我能跟你一起走去学校吗?”我问道。

旁白 neutral

" I have something I want to tell you."

“我有件事想告诉你。”

旁白 neutral

" Sure," said Josh

“当然可以。”乔什说。

旁白 neutral

" I'm worried about my mom,"

“我很担心我妈妈,”

旁白 neutral

I blurted out as we started walking

我们刚开始走,我就脱口而出。

旁白 neutral

" Why?" asked Josh

“为什么?”乔什问。

旁白 neutral

" I think she needs money," I said

“我觉得她需要钱。”我说。

旁白 neutral

" She's worried about paying bills."

她在担心支付账单。

旁白 neutral

" My dad worries about bills too," said Josh

“我爸爸也担心账单,”乔希说。

旁白 neutral

We walked past the Green Apple Supermarket

我们经过了绿苹果超市。

旁白 neutral

That's where Josh and Jenny's dad works

那是乔希和珍妮的爸爸工作的地方。

旁白 neutral

He brings home lots of food for dinner, like steak and apple pie

他带回家很多晚饭吃的食物,比如牛排和苹果派。

旁白 neutral

So Josh didn't have to worry about having good dinners either!

所以乔希也不担心吃不上好的晚饭!

旁白 neutral

" My dad even works on the weekends, to make extra money for our family," Josh went on

“我爸爸甚至周末也工作,为了给我们家多赚点钱,”乔希接着说。

旁白 neutral

" He performs magic shows

“他表演魔术。

旁白 neutral

He's working on a new trick using a one-way mirror."

他正在用单向镜设计一个新魔术。”

旁白 neutral

" What's a one-way mirror?" I asked

“什么是单向镜?”我问。

旁白 neutral

" It's a mirror on one side," explained Josh

“它一面是镜子,”乔希解释道。

旁白 neutral

" But on the other side, you can see through it, like glass."

“但另一面却可以看透,就像玻璃一样。”

旁白 neutral

" Oh," I said, nodding

“哦,”我点点头说。

旁白 neutral

I was pretty sure I'd seen mirrors like that on TV police shows

我很确定我在电视警匪片里见过那样的镜子。

旁白 neutral

" Maybe I could invent a money-making machine," I said, thinking out loud

“也许我可以发明一台造钱机器,”我自言自语地说。

旁白 neutral

" I could print thousands of dollar bills, and then we'd be rich!"

“我可以印出成千上万张钞票,然后我们就发财了!”

旁白 neutral

Josh stopped and looked at me

乔希停下来看着我。

旁白 neutral

" Iggy, that's the worst idea in the world!"

“伊吉,那真是世界上最差劲的主意!”

旁白 neutral

" Boy," I thought

“天哪,”我心想。

旁白 neutral

" Josh either really likes an idea, or he really doesn't like it!"

“乔希要么特别喜欢一个主意,要么就特别不喜欢!”

旁白 neutral

" What's wrong with a money-printing machine?" I asked him

“印钞机有什么问题吗?”我问他。

旁白 neutral

" Printing money is a crime," said Josh

“印钱是犯法的,”乔希说。

旁白 neutral

" If you invent a money-printing machine, you could go to jail!"

“要是你发明了印钞机,你会进监狱的!”

旁白 neutral

" Jail?" I echoed

“监狱?”我重复道。

旁白 neutral

" Oh well. Forget that invention then."

“哦,好吧。那这个发明就算了吧。”

旁白 neutral

A second later Josh and I passed the candy store near school

不一会儿,乔希和我路过了学校附近的糖果店。

旁白 neutral

My mouth watered as I looked at all the delicious candy

看着那些美味的糖果,我都流口水了。

旁白 neutral

" I really wish I were rich now," I murmured

“我真希望现在就是个有钱人,”我咕哝着。

旁白 neutral

" Then I could buy this whole candy store!"

“那样我就能买下整间糖果店了!”

旁白 neutral

I dug into my pocket and found some change

我掏了掏口袋,找到了一些零钱。

旁白 neutral

Josh had some too

乔希也有一些。

旁白 neutral

Together, we had enough to buy a chocolate candy bar

我俩的钱加起来刚好够买一条巧克力糖。

旁白 neutral

We decided to save it for lunchtime

我们决定留着午饭时再买。

旁白 neutral

" If only I knew what my mom was thinking," I said as we walked on

“要是我能知道妈妈在想什么就好了,”我们边走我边说。

旁白 neutral

" Then I would know what to do."

“那样我就知道该怎么做了。”

旁白 neutral

Josh shook his head

乔希摇了摇头。

旁白 neutral

" Grown-ups are pretty mysterious

“大人啊,都挺神秘的。

旁白 neutral

You'd need a really great invention to figure them out!"

你得有个特别厉害的发明才能搞懂他们!”

旁白 neutral

That's when I got my greatest idea ever

就在这时,我有了有史以来最棒的主意。

旁白 neutral

" What if I could invent a magic thinking box?

“要是我能发明一个神奇的思想箱呢?

旁白 neutral

Then I'd be able to read people's thoughts!"

那样我就能读懂别人的想法了!”