Level 7 · 哈克贝利·费恩历险记
🎬

E21 · Episodes

021 汤姆的计划

汤姆的计划

Little Fox Level 7 · The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn · Episode 21 — 汤姆的计划.

60 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

Tom Sawyer smiled at me." Yes, Huck," he said." Of course I'll help you."

汤姆·索亚对我笑了笑。“是的,哈克,”他说,“我当然会帮助你。”

旁白 neutral

He was quiet for a few minutes thinking

他安静了几分钟,思考着。

旁白 neutral

Then he grinned and told me how I could keep pretending to be Tom Sawyer

然后他咧嘴一笑,告诉我如何继续假装成汤姆·索亚。

旁白 neutral

I thought his plan just might work. I never knew anyone better at thinking up plans than Tom

我觉得他的计划可能行得通。我从没见过比汤姆更会出谋划策的人。

旁白 neutral

Soon we were back at the Phelps' house." Well, who's this?" Aunt Sally asked when we came in the door

很快,我们回到了菲尔普斯家。“嗯,这是谁?”萨莉阿姨在我们进门时问道。

旁白 neutral

All the little cousins gathered around, looking at us curiously

所有的小表兄妹都围了过来,好奇地看着我们。

旁白 neutral

" This is my brother, Sid," I said." I wanted his visit to be a surprise

“这是我的弟弟,西德,”我说,“我想让他的到来成为一个惊喜。

旁白 neutral

That's why I had to go back to the dock — to get him and bring him here."

那就是为什么我得回码头——去接他,带他来这里。”

旁白 neutral

Aunt Sally looked really surprised." We're certainly happy to see you," she said," but my sister's letter said only Tom would be visiting."

萨莉阿姨看起来真的很惊讶。“我们当然很高兴见到你,”她说,“但我姐姐的信里写只有汤姆会来探望。”

旁白 neutral

" That's right," said the real Tom." But I begged and begged Aunt Polly to let me come, and at the last minute she finally agreed. So here I am!"

“没错,”真正的汤姆说,“但我一再恳求波莉姨妈让我来,最后一刻她终于同意了。所以,我来了!”

旁白 neutral

Aunt Sally gave him a big hug. Then she called Uncle Silas to come and meet Sid

萨莉姨妈给了他一个大大的拥抱。然后她叫赛拉斯姨夫过来见见锡德。

旁白 neutral

They were nice people, and it never occurred to them that they were being tricked

他们都是好人,压根没想到自己被骗了。

旁白 neutral

The Phelpses fed us a delicious dinner with enough food for seven families

费尔普斯一家给我们做了一顿美味的晚餐,食物多得够七家人吃。

旁白 neutral

Tom and I had agreed that we must not ask about Jim because we weren't supposed to know about him

汤姆和我商量好,绝不能问起吉姆,因为按理说我们不该知道他的事。

旁白 neutral

But we hoped that someone would mention him. Finally, during dinner, someone did

但我们希望能有人提起他。最后,吃晚饭时,真有人提了。

旁白 neutral

One of my little cousins asked," Pa, may Tom and Sid and I go to the show in town?"

我的一个小表弟问道:“爸,我能和汤姆、锡德一起去看镇上的演出吗?”

旁白 neutral

" No," said Uncle Silas." I heard from the runaway slave that it is a stupid show

“不行,”赛拉斯姨夫说,“我听那个逃跑的奴隶说,那是个愚蠢的演出。

旁白 neutral

He said those two actors have been cheating people all along the river

他说那两个演员一直在沿河一带骗人。

旁白 neutral

I warned a man in town, and he said the townspeople would capture the rascals this evening and throw them out of town."

我提醒了镇上的一个人,他说镇上的人今晚会抓住那两个无赖,把他们赶出镇子。”

旁白 neutral

Now Tom and I knew that Jim really was nearby

这下汤姆和我明白了,吉姆真的就在附近。

旁白 neutral

I said that my brother and I were tired, and we went up to our bedroom right after dinner

我说我和弟弟累了,吃完晚饭我们马上就上楼回卧室了。

旁白 neutral

" I've got to warn the king and the duke," I told Tom." They don't know that they're in danger."

“我得去警告国王和公爵,”我对汤姆说,“他们还不知道自己有危险。”

旁白 neutral

We climbed out of our bedroom window and slid down the lightning rod that ran up the side of the house

我们爬出卧室窗户,顺着房子侧面的避雷针滑了下去。

旁白 neutral

We ran down the road, but when we reached the town, we met a noisy, angry crowd

我们沿着路往前跑,可一到镇上,就碰上一群吵闹愤怒的人。

旁白 neutral

Some of them were carrying a long pole, with two fellows tied up and hanging underneath it

有些人扛着一根长杆,杆子下面吊着两个被捆住的人。

旁白 neutral

They were covered from head to toe with tar and feathers

他们从头到脚涂满了柏油和羽毛。

旁白 neutral

It was hard to recognize them, but I knew they must be the king and the duke

虽然很难认出他们,可我知道那一定就是国王和公爵。

旁白 neutral

Even though they were scoundrels, I felt sad to see them being treated so roughly

尽管他们是恶棍,看见他们被这么粗暴地对待,我还是感到难过。

旁白 neutral

Tom and I saw that we couldn't do anything to help, so we turned back

汤姆和我发现帮不上什么忙,就转身回去了。

旁白 neutral

At first we were quiet, thinking about the two men as we walked

起初我俩一声不吭,一边走一边想着那两个人。

旁白 neutral

Then Tom said," I think I know where Jim is!"

然后汤姆说:“我想我知道吉姆在哪儿了!”

旁白 neutral

" Where?" I asked

“在哪儿?”我问。

旁白 neutral

" In that shed behind the kitchen. Didn't you see the servant go out the back door while we were eating?

“在厨房后面的那个小木屋里。我们吃饭的时候,你没看到那个仆人从后门出去吗?

旁白 neutral

He was carrying some food. Who do you think it was for?"

他拿着一些食物。你觉得那是给谁的?”

旁白 neutral

" I don't know," I said." Maybe for the dogs?"

“我不知道,”我说。“也许是给狗吃的?”

旁白 neutral

" No, he must be locked in the shed," Tom continued

“不,他肯定被锁在小木屋里了,”汤姆继续说。

旁白 neutral

" When we were getting up from the table, the servant brought Uncle Silas a big key, and he put it in his pocket."

“我们从桌边站起来的时候,仆人递给赛拉斯姨夫一把大钥匙,他把钥匙放进了口袋里。”

旁白 neutral

I couldn't believe how smart Tom was. He had figured out everything

我简直不敢相信汤姆有多聪明。他把一切都推断出来了。

旁白 neutral

" So how should we rescue Jim?" Tom asked

“那我们该怎么救吉姆呢?”汤姆问。

旁白 neutral

" Let's find out from the servant whether Jim is really in the shed," I said

“我们先跟仆人确认一下吉姆是不是真的在小木屋里,”我说。

旁白 neutral

" Then, tomorrow night, when Uncle Silas is asleep, we'll take the key from his pocket

“然后,明天晚上,等赛拉斯姨夫睡着了,我们就从他口袋里拿出钥匙。

旁白 neutral

He leaves his trousers hanging on the chair in his bedroom

他总是把裤子挂在他卧室的椅子上。

旁白 neutral

We'll free Jim and run down to the riverbank where the raft is hidden

我们放了吉姆,然后跑到下游木筏藏着的河岸边。

旁白 neutral

We'll all get aboard and escape down the river. Wouldn't that work?"

我们全都上船,顺着河逃走。那样不行吗?”

旁白 neutral

" It might work," said Tom, looking very disappointed." But it's too simple."

“也许行得通,”汤姆说,看上去很失望。“但这太简单了。”

旁白 neutral

Then Tom told me his plan, which had lots of things to do and would take quite a while

然后汤姆告诉了我他的计划,这个计划有很多事要做,而且得花上好一阵子。

旁白 neutral

I thought his plan would probably free Jim, but it might also get us killed

我觉得他的计划也许能救出吉姆,但也可能害我们丧命。

旁白 neutral

However, I was so grateful to him for helping me that I didn't object

不过,我太感激他帮我了,所以就没有反对。

旁白 neutral

When we got back, the house was dark and still, so we tiptoed around to the shed

等我们回去时,屋子里一片漆黑,悄无声息,我们就踮着脚尖绕到小木屋那里。

旁白 neutral

On the back wall of the shed, we saw a high square window with a board nailed across it

在小木屋的后墙上,我们看到一扇高高的方形窗户,上面横钉着一块木板。

旁白 neutral

" We can pull off that board," I said," and then Jim can squeeze out the window."

“我们可以把那块木板撬掉,”我说,“然后吉姆就能从窗户挤出来了。”

旁白 neutral

" I hope we can think of an escape that's more interesting than that!" said Tom scornfully

“我希望我们能想出一个比那更有趣的逃跑方法!”汤姆不屑地说。

旁白 neutral

Next to the shed was a small unlocked hut

小木屋旁边有一个没上锁的小棚屋。

旁白 neutral

We opened the door, struck a match, and looked inside

我们打开门,划着了一根火柴,往里看了看。

旁白 neutral

We saw rusty old tools, including spades and picks

我们看到一些生锈的旧工具,有铲子还有镐。

旁白 neutral

" Now I know what we can do," said Tom happily

“现在我知道该怎么办了,”汤姆高兴地说。

旁白 neutral

" We can dig Jim out. It will only take about a week."

“我们可以挖地道把吉姆救出来。这大概只需要一个星期。”

旁白 neutral

The back door of the house wasn't locked, so I entered quietly and went up to the bedroom

房子的后门没锁,我就悄悄地进去,上楼去了卧室。

旁白 neutral

But Tom, who always wanted adventures, was determined to climb up the lightning rod and through the window

但汤姆总是想冒险,他执意要顺着避雷针爬上去,从窗户进去。

旁白 neutral

After he slipped and fell three times, I finally persuaded him to use the stairs like me

在他滑下来摔了三次之后,我终于说服了他,像我一样走楼梯。