E20 · Episodes
020 萨莉姨妈和赛拉斯姨父
萨莉姨妈和赛拉斯姨父
Little Fox Level 7 · The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn · Episode 20 — 萨莉姨妈和赛拉斯姨父.
61 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
After a while, I came up with a plan to find Jim. But I had a few things to do first
过了一会儿,我想出了一个找到吉姆的计划。但我得先办几件事。
旁白 neutral
I took the raft about a kilometer down the river and hid it in bushes on the shore
我把木筏往下游划了大约一公里,藏在岸边的灌木丛里。
旁白 neutral
I spent the night there, safe from the duke and the king
我在那儿过了一夜,安全地躲开了公爵和国王。
旁白 neutral
The next morning, I changed into my good clothes — the ones that the two scoundrels had bought me
第二天早上,我换上了我的好衣服——就是那两个坏蛋给我买的那些。
旁白 neutral
I wrapped my other belongings into a bundle and hid it on the riverbank too. Then I set out for Pikesville
我把其他东西包成一捆,也藏在了河边。然后我就出发去皮克斯维尔。
旁白 neutral
The first person I saw was the duke
我碰到的第一个人就是公爵。
旁白 neutral
He was hammering up a sign for the Royal Nonesuch
他正在钉招牌,为“皇家奇观”演出做宣传。
旁白 neutral
" I'm very glad to see you," said the duke
“见到你真高兴,”公爵说。
旁白 neutral
" We couldn't find you and the raft last night."
“我们昨晚找不到你和木筏了。”
旁白 neutral
" Oh," I lied," I was helping a man move some sheep downriver, and the raft sank. It's gone."
“哦,”我撒谎说,“我帮一个人把一些羊送到下游去了,木筏沉了,没了。”
旁白 neutral
The duke looked unhappy about that, but there was nothing he could do
公爵对此显得不高兴,但他也无可奈何。
旁白 neutral
" I'm looking for Jim," I continued." I can't find him anywhere."
“我在找吉姆,”我继续说道,“哪儿都找不到他。”
旁白 neutral
" The king, the old fool, sold him for forty dollars," the duke said
“国王,那个老傻瓜,把他卖了四十美元。”公爵说。
旁白 neutral
" And by the time you and I reached the tavern yesterday, he had already lost the money by gambling
“而且昨天你和我到酒馆的时候,他已经赌博把那笔钱输光了。
旁白 neutral
That's why we have to put on the Royal Nonesuch again — we have no money."
所以我们才得再演一次‘皇家非此莫属’——我们没钱了。”
旁白 neutral
" But Jim was my property!" I protested." You must tell me who bought him."
“可吉姆是我的财产!”我抗议道,“你必须告诉我谁买了他。”
旁白 neutral
The duke lied. He gave me the wrong name for the owner and gave me the wrong directions to find his house
公爵撒了谎。他给了我一个错的买主名字,还指了错的路去找那人的家。
旁白 neutral
He said it would take me three days to reach the home of the man who had bought Jim
他说我得花三天时间才能到那个买了吉姆的人的家。
旁白 neutral
I realized that the duke didn't want me around anymore
我意识到公爵不想再让我留在身边了。
旁白 neutral
It was time for me to get away for good
是时候让我永远离开了。
旁白 neutral
When the duke walked away to put up more signs, I asked someone how to get to Mr. Phelps' house
等公爵走开去贴更多告示时,我问了个人怎么去费尔普斯先生家。
旁白 neutral
It was very near Pikesville, and I arrived quickly
那地方离皮克斯维尔很近,我很快就到了。
旁白 neutral
The house was tidy, with a large fenced yard and a row of little slave cabins behind it
房子很整洁,有个带围栏的大院子,后面是一排小黑奴住的木屋。
旁白 neutral
No one was in sight. It was mid-morning, so the slaves were likely working in the cotton fields already
一个人影也没有。已经半晌午了,所以黑奴们大概都在棉花地里干活了。
旁白 neutral
As I walked into the yard, a pack of dogs surrounded me, barking loudly
我走进院子时,一群狗围住了我,大声吠叫。
旁白 neutral
A black servant ran out of the kitchen, waving a rolling pin, and made the dogs go away
一个黑奴仆人从厨房跑出来,挥舞着擀面杖,把狗赶跑了。
旁白 neutral
A moment later, a white lady hurried out of the house, followed by several small children
不一会儿,一位白人太太急忙从屋里出来,身后跟着几个小孩。
旁白 neutral
She smiled at me and exclaimed," It's you, at last! We're so happy to finally meet you."
她对我笑着说:“总算,是你呀!我们真高兴总算见到你了。”
旁白 neutral
I was surprised, but I decided to play along
我很吃惊,但决定将错就错。
旁白 neutral
" Me too," I said, as she gave me a big hug
“我也是,”说着,她给了我一个大大的拥抱。
旁白 neutral
" Look, children. This is your cousin Tom," she said, and they hugged me too
"看哪,孩子们。这是你们的汤姆表弟,"她说道,孩子们也过来拥抱了我。
旁白 neutral
" I'm sorry I was delayed, ma'am," I said, thinking quickly
"抱歉我来迟了,夫人,"我飞快地转着脑筋说。
旁白 neutral
" The boat I was traveling on got caught on a sandbar
"我坐的那艘船搁浅在沙洲上了。
旁白 neutral
I had to get off and walk the rest of the way."
我只好下船走完剩下的路。"
旁白 neutral
" Please, call me Aunt Sally," she said and brought me into the house
"请叫我萨莉姨妈吧,"她说着把我领进了屋。
旁白 neutral
She asked where my baggage was, and I said that I'd left it on the riverbank, where I could get it later
她问我的行李在哪儿,我说我把行李留在河岸上了,回头可以再去取。
旁白 neutral
Aunt Sally explained that her husband, Mr. Silas Phelps, had gone to the boat dock to meet me
萨莉姨妈解释说,她的丈夫赛拉斯·费尔普斯先生到船码头接我去了。
旁白 neutral
Then she said," But I've been talking too much
接着她又说:"不过我的话太多了。
旁白 neutral
Please tell me all the news about my sister and the rest of the family."
快给我讲讲我姐姐和家里其他人的近况吧。"
旁白 neutral
Now I was in trouble! But before I could say anything, Aunt Sally jumped up from her chair
这下我可陷入两难了!但我还没来得及开口,萨莉姨妈就从椅子上跳了起来。
旁白 neutral
" There's Uncle Silas now," she said." I hear his wagon coming into the yard."
“西拉斯姨父回来了,”她说,“我听见他的马车进院子了。”
旁白 neutral
She hurried outside, and I heard her call," Silas, who do you think has arrived while you were gone? It's our nephew — Tom Sawyer!"
她匆忙出去,我听见她喊:“西拉斯,猜猜你不在时谁来了?是咱们的外甥——汤姆·索亚!”
旁白 neutral
Uncle Silas came inside and shook my hand eagerly
西拉斯姨父走进来,热情地握了握我的手。
旁白 neutral
Then the whole family asked me questions about my Aunt Polly and my brother, Sid
接着,全家人问我关于波莉姨妈和弟弟希德的事情。
旁白 neutral
Now that I knew they thought I was Tom Sawyer, it was easy to answer their questions
既然知道他们以为我是汤姆·索亚,回答他们的问题就很容易了。
旁白 neutral
It was very pleasant to be treated so kindly
受到这样友好的对待,感觉非常愉快。
旁白 neutral
But I knew the good times couldn't last. The real Tom would soon arrive
但我知道好景不长,真正的汤姆很快就要到了。
旁白 neutral
How could I stop him from giving away my true identity?
我怎样才能阻止他泄露我的真实身份呢?
旁白 neutral
I decided I'd have to meet Tom on the road before he reached the house
我决定必须在汤姆到家之前,在路上先见到他。
旁白 neutral
I would explain that I wanted to free Jim, and he would help me make a plan
我会向他解释我想救出吉姆,然后他会帮我制定计划。
旁白 neutral
I asked Uncle Silas if I could take his wagon and go down the road to get my baggage, and he agreed. Off I went
我问西拉斯姨父能不能借他的马车去路上取我的行李,他同意了。我立刻就出发了。
旁白 neutral
As I had hoped, I saw Tom coming toward me on the road
正如我希望的,我在路上看见汤姆朝我走来。
旁白 neutral
As he got close to the wagon, I called out to him
当他走近马车时,我喊了他一声。
旁白 neutral
Tom dropped his bag and stared at me in horror
汤姆扔下包,惊恐地盯着我。
旁白 neutral
" I never did you any harm," he cried." Please don't come back and haunt me!"
“我可从没害过你呀,”他喊道,“求你别回来缠着我!”
旁白 neutral
" It's me — Huck," I said," and I'm not dead."
“是我——哈克,”我说,“我没死。”
旁白 neutral
I let Tom pinch my arm to see that I was really alive and not a ghost
我让汤姆掐了掐我的胳膊,好让他知道我真的活着,不是鬼魂。
旁白 neutral
He was very surprised to see me, and very happy too
见到我他非常惊讶,也非常高兴。
旁白 neutral
On the way back to the Phelps' place, I told him all the things that had happened to me since I had run away from Pap
回费尔普斯家的路上,我把从爸爸那里逃走后发生的事全告诉了他。
旁白 neutral
Then I explained how I had fooled his aunt and uncle, and why I had to keep fooling them until I found a way to rescue Jim
然后我解释了我怎么骗了他的姨妈和姨父,以及为什么必须继续骗他们,直到找到救吉姆的办法。
旁白 neutral
" I know the law says it's stealing," I said," but I have to do it. Will you help me?"
“我知道法律上这算偷窃,”我说,“但我必须这么做。你愿意帮我吗?”