Level 7 · 哈克贝利·费恩历险记
🎬

E22 · Episodes

022 哈克与汤姆挖地道

哈克与汤姆挖地道

Little Fox Level 7 · The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn · Episode 22 — 哈克与汤姆挖地道.

62 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

The next morning, Tom and I got up very early and went down to the kitchen

第二天一早,我和汤姆起得很早,下楼去了厨房。

旁白 neutral

We patted the dogs by the back door, and we talked to the black servant who had used the key the night before

我们轻拍后门边的狗狗,还和昨晚用过钥匙的黑人仆役搭了话。

旁白 neutral

We watched him fixing a tray of food, and we asked if it was for the dogs

我们看着他准备一盘食物,便问是不是给狗吃的。

旁白 neutral

" No," he said with a smile." Would you like to see who it's for?"

“不是,”他笑着说,“想看看是给谁的吗?”

旁白 neutral

" Yes," said Tom, and we followed the servant out to the shed

“好啊,”汤姆说,我们便跟着仆役出去,到了棚屋。

旁白 neutral

As soon as he unlocked the door, we ran inside. Jim's leg was chained to the bed

他一打开门锁,我们就跑了进去。吉姆的腿被链子锁在床上。

旁白 neutral

He recognized us right away, but I made a sign for him to be quiet

他立刻就认出了我们,但我示意他别出声。

旁白 neutral

I didn't want anyone to guess that we knew him

我不想让人猜到我们认识他。

旁白 neutral

The servant put down the tray and left

仆役放下托盘就离开了。

旁白 neutral

We just had a moment to whisper to Jim that we were going to set him free and then we had to leave

我们只有一小会儿功夫,压低声音告诉吉姆我们要救他出去,然后就不得不离开了。

旁白 neutral

It was still too early for breakfast, so Tom and I went into the woods

离吃早饭还早,汤姆和我便走进了树林。

旁白 neutral

We gathered some chunks of rotting wood with glowing fungus that people call " foxfire."

我们捡了些长着发光菌的朽木块,人们管那叫“狐火”。

旁白 neutral

We could use them to give us a little light while we dug at night

我们晚上挖洞的时候,能用它们来照点亮。

旁白 neutral

" A lantern would be too bright," said Tom

“灯笼太亮了,”汤姆说。

旁白 neutral

I was happy that our plan was going so well, but Tom was not

我们的计划进展得这么顺利,我很开心,可汤姆却不。

旁白 neutral

" There ought to be more to do," he said

“应该多搞些名堂才对,”他说。

旁白 neutral

" I wish Uncle Silas had put a guard on the shed door because then we could drug him." Then he smiled

“真希望赛拉斯姨父在棚屋门口派个看守,那样我们就能搞点药把他迷倒了。”接着他笑了。

旁白 neutral

" I know what we can do. We can make a ladder out of torn sheets and take it to Jim hidden inside a big pie

“我知道咱们该怎么办了。咱们可以用撕开的床单做条绳梯,然后把它藏在一个大馅饼里带给吉姆。

旁白 neutral

He can hide the ladder in his mattress until he needs it."

他可以把绳梯藏在床垫里,需要用的时候再拿出来。”

旁白 neutral

" But he doesn't need a ladder," I said." We're going to dig him out."

“可他不需要绳梯呀,”我说,“咱们就要把他挖出来了。”

旁白 neutral

" In a book I read once about escapes, there was a ladder hidden in a pie," retorted Tom

"在我读过的一本关于越狱的书里,有个梯子藏在了馅饼里,"汤姆反驳道。

旁白 neutral

" We have to do things the right way."

"我们得按正确的方式来。"

旁白 neutral

He told me to take a sheet from the clothesline when Aunt Sally wasn't looking

他让我趁萨莉姨妈不注意时,从晾衣绳上拿条床单。

旁白 neutral

" And take a shirt too," he said," for Jim to write a journal on. Prisoners always keep journals."

"再拿件衬衫,"他说,"给吉姆写日记用。囚犯总是要记日记的。"

旁白 neutral

After breakfast, when no one was in the yard, I borrowed the sheet and the shirt

早饭后,趁院子里没人,我借来了床单和衬衫。

旁白 neutral

Tom and I put them in an old sack along with the foxfire and took the sack into the hut

汤姆和我把它们连同朽木一起放进一个旧袋子里,然后把袋子带进了棚屋。

旁白 neutral

" Now all we need is something to dig with," said Tom

"现在我们需要的就是挖洞的工具了,"汤姆说。

旁白 neutral

" Look around us," I said." There are picks and shovels here."

"看看我们周围,"我说。"这儿就有镐和铲子。"

旁白 neutral

Tom looked at me with contempt." When heroes are trying to escape in books, they never have shovels."

汤姆轻蔑地看着我。"书里的英雄试图逃跑时,从来不用铲子。"

旁白 neutral

" Well, if we don't use shovels, what do we use?" I asked

"好吧,那我们不用铲子,用什么?"我问。

旁白 neutral

" Pocketknives," said Tom

“用小折刀,”汤姆说。

旁白 neutral

" We're going to dig under that shed with pocketknives?" I asked incredulously

“我们打算用小折刀在那棚屋底下挖洞?”我难以置信地问。

旁白 neutral

" That's crazy, Tom!" I was starting to become annoyed with him

“那太疯狂了,汤姆!”我开始对他感到恼火了。

旁白 neutral

" I read a book once about a man who dug himself out of a castle — it took him 37 years," said Tom

“我曾经读过一本书,讲一个人从城堡里挖洞逃出去——花了三十七年,”汤姆说。

旁白 neutral

" We can't take that long," I protested." Uncle Silas has written to New Orleans to tell the plantation he has their runaway slave

“我们不能花那么长时间,”我抗议道。“赛拉斯姨父已经写信给新奥尔良,告诉种植园他抓到了他们逃跑的奴隶。

旁白 neutral

Soon he'll get a letter explaining that Jim isn't from there."

很快他就会收到回信,说明吉姆不是从那儿来的。”

旁白 neutral

Tom paused to think and then smiled at me

汤姆停下来想了想,然后对我笑了笑。

旁白 neutral

" We'll just have to dig faster," he said. It did no good to argue with Tom

“那我们只好挖快点了,”他说。跟汤姆争论一点用也没有。

旁白 neutral

So I borrowed some pocketknives from the house, as he asked me to

于是,我照他说的,从屋里借了几把小折刀。

旁白 neutral

That night, after everyone was asleep, we went to the hut and started digging with the knives

那天晚上,等大家都睡着了,我们去了棚屋,开始用小刀挖起来。

旁白 neutral

The hut was right next to Jim's shed. We planned to come up under Jim's bed

那个小屋紧挨着吉姆的棚子。我们打算从吉姆的床底下挖过去。

旁白 neutral

We dug until about midnight. Our hole wasn't very deep, and our hands were blistered

我们一直挖到半夜。洞没挖多深,手却磨出了水泡。

旁白 neutral

At last Tom sighed and said," I hate to do it, but I think we'll have to use the shovels

最后,汤姆叹了口气说:“我也不想这样,但我想咱们还是得用铲子了。

旁白 neutral

We can pretend that we're using the knives."

咱们可以假装是在用小刀嘛。”

旁白 neutral

The next night, using the tools in the hut, we dug all the way through to Jim's shed

第二天晚上,我们用小屋里的工具,一路挖通了吉姆的棚屋。

旁白 neutral

We lit a candle that we had borrowed from the house

我们点上了一根从房子里借来的蜡烛。

旁白 neutral

Jim was so relieved to see us that he hugged us and almost cried

吉姆见到我们如释重负,一把抱住我们,差点哭出来。

旁白 neutral

He wanted us to take him out of his prison right away

他想让我们马上带他离开这个牢笼。

旁白 neutral

I looked at Jim's chain and saw that we could free him if we lifted his bed and slipped the chain off the leg of the bed

我看了看吉姆的锁链,发现只要抬起他的床,把链子从床腿上褪下来,就能放他走。

旁白 neutral

I wanted to do it, but Tom told Jim that we had other things to do first

我很想这么做,可汤姆却告诉吉姆,我们还有些别的事得先做。

旁白 neutral

Jim told us that he thought it would be all right to wait

吉姆告诉我们,他觉得等等也没关系。

旁白 neutral

He said that Aunt Sally and Uncle Silas visited him every day to make sure that he was comfortable

他说萨莉姨妈和西拉斯姨父每天都来看他,确保他过得舒坦。

旁白 neutral

He was getting decent food, enough water, and clean sheets from the servants

他从仆人那里能得到像样的饭菜、足够的水和干净的床单。

旁白 neutral

Tom explained that we would be sending Jim a pie with a ladder hidden inside

汤姆解释说,我们会给吉姆送去一个馅饼,里面藏着一架绳梯。

旁白 neutral

He also gave Jim the shirt I had borrowed from the clothesline

他还把我从晾衣绳上“借”来的衬衫给了吉姆。

旁白 neutral

He told Jim that he should write a journal on it with his blood

他告诉吉姆,应该用自己的血在那上面写日记。

旁白 neutral

" Tom, you're a good boy," said Jim," but these things make no sense to me."

“汤姆,你是个好孩子,”吉姆说,“可这些事我弄不明白。”

旁白 neutral

I tried to explain." Tom wants us to have an adventure, just like the ones in books

我试着解释。“汤姆想让咱们来一场冒险,就像书里写的那样。

旁白 neutral

But trust me, Jim, we know how to free you

但相信我,吉姆,我们知道怎么救你出去。

旁白 neutral

If you are in any danger, we'll get you out right away."

你要是有危险,我们马上就把你弄出去。”

旁白 neutral

Tom's thirst for adventure was making me nervous

汤姆对冒险的渴望让我心里发毛。

旁白 neutral

But I was so grateful to him for helping that I went along with his wild schemes

但我太感激他能帮忙,所以就由着他那些疯狂的打算了。