Level 5 · 格列佛游记
🎬

E23 · Episodes

023 音乐与战争

音乐与战争

Little Fox Level 5 · Gulliver's Travels · Episode 23 — 音乐与战争.

65 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

One day the king said," The palace orchestra will play tonight, Grildig

有一天国王说:“格里尔迪格,今晚宫廷管弦乐队要演奏。

旁白 neutral

Come to the concert

来听音乐会吧。

旁白 neutral

Afterward, you can tell me about English music."

之后你可以给我讲讲英国音乐。”

旁白 neutral

That evening Glumdalclitch and I went to hear the orchestra

那天晚上,格卢姆达尔克莉奇和我去听管弦乐演奏。

旁白 neutral

Unfortunately, the music was too loud for me

不幸的是,对我来说音乐声太大了。

旁白 neutral

" Glumdalclitch, take me back to your room," I begged

我恳求道:“格卢姆达尔克莉奇,带我回你的房间吧。

旁白 neutral

" The music hurts my ears."

音乐刺痛了我的耳朵。”

旁白 neutral

From the apartment, the music sounded nice

从那个房间里,音乐听起来很悦耳。

旁白 neutral

It gave me an idea

这给了我一个主意。

旁白 neutral

As a child, I had taken piano lessons

我小时候学过钢琴课。

旁白 neutral

At first I had not liked practicing

起初,我并不喜欢练琴。

旁白 neutral

Later I started to love playing music

后来,我开始爱上了演奏音乐。

旁白 neutral

I often played the piano for my wife

我经常为我的妻子弹奏钢琴。

旁白 neutral

I decided to play the piano for the king

我决定为国王弹奏一曲。

旁白 neutral

The piano in Glumdalclitch's apartment was huge, like everything else in Brobdingnag

格卢姆达克利奇公寓里的钢琴非常大,就像大人国的其他所有东西一样。

旁白 neutral

I could reach only five piano keys when I stretched out my arms

我伸开双臂,也只能够到五个琴键。

旁白 neutral

I had to hit the keys hard with my fist to make the notes sound

我必须用拳头使劲敲击琴键,才能让它们发出声音。

旁白 neutral

I needed something to push the keys with

我需要什么东西来帮我按动琴键。

旁白 neutral

I got two strong sticks from the garden

我从花园里找来了两根结实的棍子。

旁白 neutral

I covered one end of each stick with some soft cloth

我在每根棍子的一头都包上了柔软的布。

旁白 neutral

The carpenter made me a bench to stand on

木匠给我做了一条可以站上去的长凳。

旁白 neutral

He placed it in front of the piano

他把长凳放在钢琴前面。

旁白 neutral

As I ran back and forth on the bench, I hit the keys with the sticks

我在长凳上来回奔跑,用棍子敲击琴键。

旁白 neutral

" Well done!" the king and queen shouted when they heard me play

“弹得好!”国王和王后听到我的演奏后喊道。

旁白 neutral

The king laughed and said," You get a lot of exercise when you play our piano."

国王笑着说:“你用我们的钢琴演奏,可真是锻炼身体。”

旁白 neutral

As the weeks passed, the king and I met often to talk

几周过去了,国王和我经常见面交谈。

旁白 neutral

He asked me about the laws and rulers of England

他向我询问英格兰的法律和统治者。

旁白 neutral

" Perhaps there are some laws or customs that we could use in Brobdingnag," he said

“也许有些法律或习俗我们能在大人国用上。”他说。

旁白 neutral

" Even a king can learn from the wisdom of others."

“即使身为国王,也能从别人的智慧中学到东西。”

旁白 neutral

" England rules Scotland, Ireland, and several other places," I explained proudly

“英格兰统治着苏格兰、爱尔兰,还有其他几个地方。”我自豪地解释道。

旁白 neutral

" Two groups of men make our laws

“我们的法律由两个群体制定。

旁白 neutral

One group has men from the richest families

一个群体由最富有的家族成员组成。

旁白 neutral

The other group has men whom the people choose

另一个群体则由民众选出的人组成。

旁白 neutral

Judges decide how to punish criminals

法官决定如何惩治罪犯。

旁白 neutral

Our army and navy are the strongest in the world."

我们的陆军和海军是世界上最强大的。”

旁白 neutral

I described the many wars England had won against other countries

我讲述了英格兰对其他国家赢得的许多场战争。

旁白 neutral

" What if the rich men are poor leaders or dishonest?" asked the king

“倘若这些富人是糟糕的领导者或不诚实呢?”国王问道。

旁白 neutral

" Do some men pay money to be chosen for the group that makes laws?

“是否有人花钱来进入制定法律的群体?

旁白 neutral

Do people pay your judges to get easy punishments?

人们是否向法官行贿以求得轻判?

旁白 neutral

And why is England always at war?

还有,为什么英格兰总在打仗?

旁白 neutral

Do the English just like fighting?

难道英格兰人就是喜欢打仗吗?

旁白 neutral

If England were peaceful, it would not fear other countries."

如果英格兰和平相处,就不会惧怕其他国家了。

旁白 neutral

" Interesting questions," I replied

“有趣的问题,”我回答道。

旁白 neutral

The truth is, I did not know how to answer them

事实是,我不知道该如何回答。

旁白 neutral

" It seems to me," he continued," that England fights too much

“在我看来,”他继续说,“英格兰参与的战争太多了。”

旁白 neutral

It rules other lands that should be free

它统治着本应自由的其他土地。

旁白 neutral

It doesn't cooperate with other countries

它不与其他国家合作。

旁白 neutral

I don't like the way your country does things, Grildig."

我不喜欢你的国家行事的方式,格里尔迪格。

旁白 neutral

I was surprised by what the king said about my country

国王对我国家的评价让我很惊讶。

旁白 neutral

But I still liked the king

但我仍然喜欢这位国王。

旁白 neutral

He had treated me well during my stay

在我逗留期间,他待我很好。

旁白 neutral

" Your Majesty," I said," I would like to give you something to thank you for your kindness

“陛下,”我说,“我想给您一样东西,以感谢您的善意。”

旁白 neutral

We English know how to make a special thing called gunpowder

我们英格兰人知道如何制造一种叫做火药的特别东西。

旁白 neutral

When you set fire to it, it explodes."

当你点燃它时,它就会爆炸。”

旁白 neutral

" Why would I want such a thing?" the king asked, puzzled

“我要这种东西做什么?”国王困惑地问。

旁白 neutral

" You can use it to shoot heavy metal balls at your enemies," I explained

“您可以用它向敌人发射沉重的金属球,”我解释说。

旁白 neutral

" The balls can cut men in half and sink ships

“这些球能把人劈成两半,还能使船只沉没。”

旁白 neutral

I will show you how to make this powder."

我会教您如何制造这种火药。”

旁白 neutral

" No!" he shouted." Brobdingnag has no enemies

“不!”他喊道,“布罗卜丁奈格没有敌人。”

旁白 neutral

Your idea of hurting people disgusts me!

你这种伤害他人的想法让我恶心!

旁白 neutral

Never mention this again!"

永远别再提起这事!”

旁白 neutral

" This king is very different from my king," I said to myself

“这位国王和我的国王非常不同,”我自言自语道。

旁白 neutral

" He does not want to fight wars the way we English do!

“他不想像我们英格兰人那样打仗!”

旁白 neutral

He makes me look at things in a new way

他让我以一种新的方式看待事物。

旁白 neutral

What if he is right, and we English are wrong?"

如果他是对的,而我们英格兰人是错的呢?