Level 5 · 格列佛游记
🎬

E20 · Episodes

020 在布罗丁纳格旅游

在布罗丁纳格旅游

Little Fox Level 5 · Gulliver's Travels · Episode 20 — 在布罗丁纳格旅游.

56 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

When the queen traveled with the king, she liked to take Glumdalclitch and me with her

当王后和国王一起出巡时,她喜欢带上格兰姆达尔克立契和我。

旁白 neutral

I enjoyed traveling with them and seeing the countryside

我喜欢和他们一起旅行,欣赏乡村风光。

旁白 neutral

I was amazed at how big Brobdingnag was compared to England

相比英格兰,布罗卜丁奈格的辽阔让我惊叹不已。

旁白 neutral

" I can't believe the size of your country!"

“我真不敢相信你们国家有这么大!”

旁白 neutral

I often exclaimed to Glumdalclitch

我经常对格兰姆达尔克立契这样感叹。

旁白 neutral

" It is five thousand kilometers wide and ten thousand kilometers long

“它有五千公里宽,一万公里长。

旁白 neutral

England would fit into it many times over!

英格兰能装下好多个呢!

旁白 neutral

I wonder why we in England have never heard of Brobdingnag."

我不知道为什么英格兰人从没听说过布罗卜丁奈格。”

旁白 neutral

" The tutor said that my country is a peninsula," she reminded me

“老师说过,我的国家是一个半岛,”她提醒我。

旁白 neutral

" That means that the sea surrounds the country on three sides

“那就是说,大海从三面包围着这个国家。

旁白 neutral

On the fourth side, the mountains are so high that no one has ever been able to cross them

在第四面,群山高耸,无人能够越过。

旁白 neutral

The sea near Brobdingnag is full of rocks and always very rough

布罗卜丁奈格附近的海域满是礁石,总是波涛汹涌。

旁白 neutral

Before your ship, no other ship had ever come close to Brobdingnag

在你的船到来之前,从未有其他船靠近过布罗卜丁奈格。

旁白 neutral

You are the first person from another country to come here."

你是第一个来这里的外国人。”

旁白 neutral

" My ship had almost run out of water," I told her

“我的船几乎用尽了淡水,”我告诉她。

旁白 neutral

" We were desperate

“我们绝望了。”

旁白 neutral

That is why the sailors and I came here in the rowboat

这就是我和水手们乘小艇来这里的原因。

旁白 neutral

We were lucky to find a little beach to land on."

我们很幸运找到一个小海滩登陆。”

旁白 neutral

During our travels, I learned a lot about Brobdingnag

在旅途中,我了解了许多关于布罗卜丁奈格的事情。

旁白 neutral

It contained 51 big cities, hundreds of large towns, and many villages

它拥有51座大城市、数百个大城镇和许多村庄。

旁白 neutral

We lived in the capital city

我们住在首都。

旁白 neutral

A river about five kilometers wide ran through the capital

一条约有五公里宽的河流经首都。

旁白 neutral

The palace, which was near the river, was not just one building, but dozens of buildings

宫殿靠近河边,并非只是一栋建筑,而是由几十栋构成。

旁白 neutral

Even the smallest one was many times bigger than the largest building in England

即使最小的也要比英格兰最大的建筑大上许多倍。

旁白 neutral

What really amazed me about the palace was the kitchen

宫殿里真正让我惊叹的是厨房。

旁白 neutral

Glumdalclitch and I visited it one day

有一天,格卢姆达尔克利奇和我去参观了那里。

旁白 neutral

" It looks to be almost two hundred meters high!" I exclaimed to Glumdalclitch

“看起来有将近两百米高!”我对格卢姆达尔克利奇喊道。

旁白 neutral

" And I've never seen pots and pans and knives this big

“而且我从没见过这么大的锅碗瓢盆和刀。”

旁白 neutral

That knife there is three times as tall as I am!

那边那把刀是我身高的三倍!

旁白 neutral

If I ever get back to England, no one will believe me when I tell them about this kitchen."

要是我能回到英格兰,跟人说起这个厨房,没人会相信我。”

旁白 neutral

My days in the capital were very pleasant

我在首都的日子过得非常愉快。

旁白 neutral

Sometimes Glumdalclitch said to me

有时,格鲁姆达克莉奇会对我说:

旁白 neutral

" Let's go out and explore the city

“我们出去探索一下这座城市吧。

旁白 neutral

We always see such interesting things

我们总是能看到那么多有趣的东西。

旁白 neutral

Because I lived on a farm, I am just as curious as you are about this city."

因为我一直住在农场,所以我对这座城市和你一样好奇。”

旁白 neutral

I enjoyed exploring, so I always said

我很喜欢探索,所以总是说:

旁白 neutral

" That's a great idea."

“这真是个好主意。”

旁白 neutral

We traveled in one of the palace carriages pulled by horses

我们乘坐一辆由马拉的宫廷马车出行。

旁白 neutral

Glumdalclitch put me in my box and held it on her lap

格鲁姆达克莉奇把我放进我的盒子里,然后把盒子放在她腿上。

旁白 neutral

" Look at that," she would say to me when something caught her attention

当有什么东西吸引她的注意时,她会对我说:“看那边。”

旁白 neutral

" Would you like a better view?

“你想看得更清楚些吗?

旁白 neutral

I'll ask the driver to stop so that you can see better."

我让车夫停下来,这样你就能看清楚了。”

旁白 neutral

One day the queen said," Your bedroom box is too big for traveling

一天,王后说:“你那个当卧室用的箱子对旅行来说太大了。

旁白 neutral

Glumdalclitch has trouble holding it on her lap, and I am afraid that she might drop it

格鲁姆达克莉奇把它放在腿上很吃力,我怕她会失手掉下来。

旁白 neutral

I will tell the carpenter to make you a smaller one."

我会让木匠给你做一个更小的。”

旁白 neutral

" How kind of you," I said to her

“您真是太体贴了。”我对她说。

旁白 neutral

" A smaller box will be much more convenient

“一个小一点的箱子会方便得多。

旁白 neutral

My new traveling box was about three and a half meters square and three meters high

我的新旅行箱大约三米半见方,三米高。

旁白 neutral

Three of the walls had a window with metal bars on the outside to protect me

其中三面墙上各开了一扇窗,窗外装有金属护栏来保护我。

旁白 neutral

Two large loops on the fourth side of my box could be used to tie the box to the waist of whoever carried it

箱子第四面的两个大环扣可以用来把箱子系在携带者的腰上。

旁白 neutral

" Look!" exclaimed Glumdalclitch

“看!”格鲁姆达克莉奇喊道。

旁白 neutral

" The furniture is attached to the floor

“家具都固定在地板上了。

旁白 neutral

It can't move around and hurt you!"

它们不会晃来晃去伤到你了!”

旁白 neutral

Also, the clever carpenter had hung a hammock from the ceiling

而且,聪明的木匠还在天花板上挂了一张吊床。

旁白 neutral

" Are you comfortable?" she asked as she carried my box

“你舒服吗?”她提着我的箱子问道。

旁白 neutral

" Very comfortable," I replied, swinging in my cozy hammock

“非常舒服。”我回应道,在舒适的吊床里摇晃着。