Level 5 · 格列佛游记
🎬

E19 · Episodes

019 皇宫里的生活

皇宫里的生活

Little Fox Level 5 · Gulliver's Travels · Episode 19 — 皇宫里的生活.

56 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

" Glumdalclitch," the king said after we moved into the palace," you will look after Grildig, as before

“格卢姆达克利奇,”我们搬进王宫后,国王说道,“你要像以前一样照顾格里尔迪格。

旁白 neutral

You will have your own room in the palace and your own servants

你们在王宫里会有自己的房间和仆人。

旁白 neutral

I want you to continue your schooling, so you will also have a tutor."

我希望你继续学业,所以还会为你请一位家庭教师。”

旁白 neutral

" Yes, Your Majesty," Glumdalclitch replied

“遵命,陛下。”格卢姆达克利奇答道。

旁白 neutral

" Grildig and I will learn together."

“格里尔迪格和我将一起学习。”

旁白 neutral

The queen ordered the palace carpenter to make a box that I could use as a bedroom

王后命令宫里的木匠制作一个箱子,给我当卧室用。

旁白 neutral

" See that it is just as Grildig wants," she instructed him

“确保完全按照格里尔迪格的要求来做。”她指示道。

旁白 neutral

He consulted with me about the design of my box

他和我商量了箱子的设计。

旁白 neutral

It had windows, a door, furniture, and two cupboards

箱子有窗户、一扇门、家具和两个柜子。

旁白 neutral

The top lifted off so that Glumdalclitch could keep the box in good order

箱子顶部可以揭开,这样格卢姆达克利奇就能把箱子内部打理得井井有条。

旁白 neutral

" Take a look," the carpenter said to me when the box was finished

“来看看吧,”箱子完工后,木匠对我说。

旁白 neutral

" The walls and floor are padded and soft!"

“墙壁和地板都加了软垫,很柔软!”

旁白 neutral

I exclaimed, admiring the thick carpets and wall coverings

我赞叹道,欣赏着厚厚的地毯和墙面的软衬。

旁白 neutral

" Thank you. That will make my box very comfortable if we travel

“谢谢你。这样我们旅行时,我的箱子会非常舒适。”

旁白 neutral

Could you also put a lock on the door, please?"

“请你在门上装一把锁,好吗?”

旁白 neutral

I asked, thinking of the rats in the farmer's bedroom

我问道,想起了农夫卧室里的老鼠。

旁白 neutral

The carpenter gave me the key after he had put the lock on the door

木匠在门上装好锁后,把钥匙交给了我。

旁白 neutral

The queen enjoyed my company

王后很喜欢我的陪伴。

旁白 neutral

" You will dine with me every evening," she told me

“你每晚都要和我一起用餐,”她对我说。

旁白 neutral

" You must have your own dishes and silverware, and your own table and chair."

“你得有自己的餐具和银器,还有你自己的桌椅。”

旁白 neutral

The things her workers made for me were just the right size

她的工匠们为我做的东西尺寸刚刚好。

旁白 neutral

My table and chair were on the queen's table, and Glumdalclitch sat nearby in case I needed anything

我的桌椅放在王后的桌子上,格卢姆达克利奇坐在旁边,以备我有什么需要。

旁白 neutral

" On Wednesdays I dine with the king and the whole royal family," the queen told me

王后对我说:“每逢星期三,我都和国王以及全体王室成员共进晚餐。”

旁白 neutral

" You must join us."

“你一定要来。”

旁白 neutral

" I would like that very much," I replied

“我非常乐意。”我回答。

旁白 neutral

The king and I met often and had lively discussions

国王和我经常见面,相谈甚欢。

旁白 neutral

When we dined together, he put my little table and chair beside the salt and pepper shakers on his table

我们一起用餐时,他把我那套小桌椅放在他桌上的盐瓶和胡椒瓶旁边。

旁白 neutral

One evening he said," Tell me about England

一天晚上,他说:“给我讲讲英国吧。

旁白 neutral

How does the government of your country work, and what are its laws?"

你们国家的政府是怎样运作的,又有哪些法律呢?”

旁白 neutral

Another time he said," Describe the people of England and their customs."

还有一次,他说:“描述一下英国的人民和他们的风俗。”

旁白 neutral

I told him about the many wars England had fought on land and sea

我跟他讲了英格兰在陆地和海上打过的许多场战争。

旁白 neutral

I described our political parties and the conflicts between them

我描述了我们的政党和它们之间的冲突。

旁白 neutral

I praised our universities and great buildings

我称赞了我们的大学和宏伟的建筑。

旁白 neutral

He always listened closely

他总是听得很认真。

旁白 neutral

One evening, I must have sounded too proud when I spoke about England

一天晚上,我谈起英格兰时,语气一定显得太过骄傲了。

旁白 neutral

Laughing, the king said to his main adviser, who was sitting across the table

国王笑着对坐在桌子对面的首席顾问说,

旁白 neutral

" How funny the little man is

“这个小个子可真有趣。

旁白 neutral

Englishmen seem to think that their country is better than all others

英国人似乎认为他们的国家比所有其他国家都优越。

旁白 neutral

Even such a tiny human has too much pride."

就连这么一个小小人儿,也有这么大的傲气。”

旁白 neutral

My face got red

我的脸红了。

旁白 neutral

I did not like what the king had said

我不喜欢国王说的话。

旁白 neutral

But, of course, I kept quiet, because mostly I did like the king

但当然,我保持了沉默,因为大体上我还是很喜欢国王的。

旁白 neutral

An unpleasant thing about Brobdingnag was the enormous insects

大人国有一点让人不快,就是那些巨大的昆虫。

旁白 neutral

The flies were as big as English geese

苍蝇有英格兰的鹅那么大。

旁白 neutral

At dinner one evening, flies bothered me constantly

一天晚上吃饭时,苍蝇不断地骚扰我。

旁白 neutral

Their humming and buzzing was unbearably loud, and they landed on my food and my body

它们的嗡嗡声吵得让人受不了,还落在我的食物和身上。

旁白 neutral

" How disgusting!" I exclaimed

“真恶心!”我大叫道。

旁白 neutral

The king and queen laughed as I waved my sword at the flies

我挥剑砍向苍蝇时,国王和王后都笑了。

旁白 neutral

One afternoon, Glumdalclitch left me in my box on her windowsill

一天下午,格卢姆达克利奇把我留在箱子里,放在她的窗台上。

旁白 neutral

The top was open so that I could get some fresh air

箱子顶是开着的,好让我呼吸新鲜空气。

旁白 neutral

I was eating some cake, and some bees got into my box

我正在吃蛋糕,几只蜜蜂钻进了我的箱子。

旁白 neutral

I was afraid that they would sting me to death

我担心它们会把我蜇死。

旁白 neutral

I killed four of them with my sword, but the rest got away

我用剑杀死了四只,但其他的都逃走了。

旁白 neutral

I cut the stingers from the dead bees

我把死蜜蜂的毒刺割了下来。

旁白 neutral

" I'll keep these stingers," I said to myself

“这些毒刺我要留着,”我自言自语道。

旁白 neutral

" If I ever return to England, people will be amazed at their size."

“如果有一天我能回到英格兰,人们看到它们的大小,一定会大吃一惊的。”